• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters
1. Until anyone who demands proof from me on demand can show that they are able to do so on demand with any single statement they ever make, I'm not going to give proof on demand. I'll do research and get back to you.

2. He has followed the list. Show me where I say he will follow it with the unrevealed characters. The fact of the matter is that if anyone says anything negative about a character they support, people freak on them. It doesn't matter if they say something to the effect of them thinking Midna's chances are not great based on character inclusion history or if they just think the character sucks, people jump to extremes.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Let me make one point - you ACTUALLY made the argument that "oh, you have not archived proof that Jigglypuff was in a survey of potential Pokémon to be the mascot? That must mean that you cannot prove it". My most sincerest apologies that I don't keep proof for every random fact I ever may need to prove. Because I assume you do.
Why should I believe you on that? Im a somewhat big pokemon fan. . . .been one sence RB. Never have I heard that theres some survey in Japan for a pokemon mascot that has Pikachu as the most wanted pokemon and Jpuff as 2nd. BUT what I have seen (and showed you) was a quote from the man behind pokemon that says "Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea."

After showing that I quoted what a MASCOT is (according to the dictionary)which is not what Jpuff is. Like I said, Jpuff was (and still is) a popular, iconic pokemon but she is in no way a "mascot" as you claimed.

Meaning, yes, a character got in due to being popular and didn't fall into your list (by what I know to be a mascot). And I may not keep sources for every thing I say but I don't often times claim something as fact. And when I do I only do so if it's a wide known fact and/or can be proven with a cited source.

And OT I think Midna solo would be best. I can clearly see her A moves being crazy attacks with her hair hand. Like, her body would be the serious tone of TP's style well the hand would be more exagerated in that sense.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I just read the whole past 3 weeks, ****. A Link to the Snitch you need to get some sense and analyze this better...

I have A LOT OF THINGS I'd like to say (even though Black/Light, plus some others have been doing a great job I guess), but due to me being a lazy *******, I won't. Instead I will reply to your latest comment.

He has followed the list. Show me where I say he will follow it with the unrevealed characters.
You do not say it directly, but you keep implying he will, which you don't know if he will.

ALSO the fact that we demand proof of you is that you state everything as undeniable facts. As if everyone knew what you are saying is true. Most of the smash community either says their opinion (which is a debatable thing and never a solid fact {hence opinion}), or say they "heard" something, (which means it MIGHT be correct) but you just state that you are correct, and give no proof.

The sky is actually green. Scientists proved it....

Anyways....

LUTHIENS COUCH FOR BRAWL!!! I am so making a small icon thingie of that for my signature

My apologies for not just stating my opinion. I guess I shouldn't provide facts.

Why am I the only one, apparently, that needs to present proof?

I'm not the one saying that Midna IS the main character - fun fact, if it was their opinion, they would specify, not say it is, meaning that it is fact - so apparently, I'm not the only offender, I just happen to be an offender that happens to not be in agreement with you.

And you know what I prefer? Defining my position based on what I believe, not you defining my position based on what you believe that I believe. You actually go and tell me what my position is, and then attack this nonexistent position. Wow.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
1. Until anyone who demands proof from me on demand can show that they are able to do so on demand with any single statement they ever make, I'm not going to give proof on demand. I'll do research and get back to you.

See, that's a good reply. The least you could've said is "I'll look it up and get back to you on that" when they first asked you for proof. That way they don't just say "See you have no proof, therefore you're making up lies." It wouldn't be so hard if you could at least do that. :p

2. He has followed the list. Show me where I say he will follow it with the unrevealed characters. The fact of the matter is that if anyone says anything negative about a character they support, people freak on them. It doesn't matter if they say something to the effect of them thinking Midna's chances are not great based on character inclusion history or if they just think the character sucks, people jump to extremes.
Actually,

Hate to create a 200 page debate, but I can't see Midna getting in.

I mean, if you look at all the characters, they're either:

1. Mascots (ie, Mario)
2. Current main characters (ie, Ike)
3. Retro stars (ie, Ice Climbers)
4. Recurring characters (ie, Luigi)
5. Third party stars (ie, Snake)
6. Original main characters (ie, Marth)

Midna certainly isn't a mascot, a current main character, a retro star, a recurring character, a third party, or the series' original main character. Honestly, as far as we've seen, everyone has fit that mold, Sheik being the exception, but not breaking the rule (she's definitely a different kind of character from everyone else, being treated more as an ability of Zelda).
in this quote, you very well say Midna can't fit into any of these roles. And Minda could (or couldn't) be an unrevealed character. And by saying that Midna, a possible newcomer, doesn't fit these roles, one could assume that you think this does apply to all possible newcomers as well. And honestly, of course people are going to jump to extremes. They are going to defend their ideas against those who think otherwise. It's just human nature. If you say Midna's chances are lowered because of some list, someone is bound to tell you otherwise. In this case, it's just more than one person.

1. I would hope people would assume enough good faith that they assume that the person isn't lying.

2. I do not drop my position that her chances have been lowered. The role she has is an uncommon one. My list is not a "deconfirming list". It's nothing more than a theory to character inclusion.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
My apologies for not just stating my opinion. I guess I shouldn't provide facts.

Why am I the only one, apparently, that needs to present proof?

I'm not the one saying that Midna IS the main character - fun fact, if it was their opinion, they would specify, not say it is, meaning that it is fact - so apparently, I'm not the only offender, I just happen to be an offender that happens to not be in agreement with you.

And you know what I prefer? Defining my position based on what I believe, not you defining my position based on what you believe that I believe. You actually go and tell me what my position is, and then attack this nonexistent position. Wow.

You don't even know which example I was talking about, yet you suddenly know which one it is? Enlighten me...

Saying Midna IS the main character is solely based on their opinion, since the fact that any person is a main character is an opinion, what is a main character after all? Define it, and then you will see...

But saying that Nintendo SAYS SHE IS NOT, is stating a fact, that means that Nintendo actually went out of their way to clearly state that she is, or rather was not meant to be, the main character, as one can argue she is, if that is what one believes.

I am not defining your position in any way, I am saying what you have done wrong...

Stating there was a poll of the Pokemon mascot, is another fact that requires solid proof for example, I mean it is something that either happened or not, it is not something debatable as, lets say, the popularity of a character, which can only be expressed in beliefs, as none can know the EXACT popularity of a character.

Notice I said most smashboarders, meaning that some others do commit this fault. But in these arguments I have seen none do it in the way you do, HOW is that? You might ask...

Well you base some of your statements solely on facts you can't prove, where as the other people use some unproven facts as support for a proven fact or an opinion.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
1. I would hope people would assume enough good faith that they assume that the person isn't lying.
Well, honestly, I do believe in the "JigglyPuff was second to Pikachu" thing that you proposed because I think I have heard of that before. I have good faith. However, others, who have been arguing with you and may not have developed any liking for you, might not. That's why you need proof - for them who haven't heard or don't believe in the story.

2. I do not drop my position that her chances have been lowered. The role she has is an uncommon one. My list is not a "deconfirming list". It's nothing more than a theory to character inclusion.
Well you are entitled to your opinion, as we are to ours. I'm assuming you believe since Midna has an uncommon role, she has less chances. However, some of us think that because of that uncommon role, her chances are greater. See, in my opinion, you were using that list in order to show that Midna can't really fit in Brawl. Now that you state it as a theory, I can understand that it is more of your opinion than you stating it as fact. It would've been easier if you had stated that at the beginning. But at least now we - or at least I - know where you're going with that list.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, honestly, I do believe in the "JigglyPuff was second to Pikachu" thing that you proposed because I think I have heard of that before. I have good faith. However, others, who have been arguing with you and may not have developed any liking for you, might not. That's why you need proof - for them who haven't heard or don't believe in the story.
For the record I know that Jpuff is 2nd to Pika in popularity. But this aint about how popular something is, it's about the word "mascot". He wants to claim Jpuff is a mascot (like Pika) which I don't agree with. She was (and still is) popular and is a iconic pokemon but by no means has Nintendo treated her like a "mascot" to the pokemon series. (He seems to believe being popular = being a mascot.)

There for, Im lead to believe she got in based on popularity which aint on his list.

D

Deleted member

I always thought of Midna being the mascot of Twilight Princess and I still think that. I am sure a lot of people think so too.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
For the record I know that Jpuff is 2nd to Pika in popularity. But this aint about how popular something is, it's about the word "mascot". He wants to claim Jpuff is a mascot (like Pika) which I don't agree with. She was (and still is) popular and is a iconic pokemon but by no means has Nintendo treated her like a "mascot" to the pokemon series. (He seems to believe being popular = being a mascot.)

There for, Im lead to believe she got in based on popularity which aint on his list.
What I think A Link to the Snitch was talking about though, was a poll that was to determine who would be Pokemon's mascot, probably the same poll that you brought up from the Pokemon Creator. Which, you already explained, and we figured out that JigglyPuff isn't really a mascot. I do not see her as being a mascot either but I'm not really going to touch on that. But, he did just state that his idea was a theory, meaning an opinion, so you can't really attack him on that, even if that part of his list MIGHT be wrong.

If you say something is, you are saying "it is". "He is a doctor" is stating a fact. "He is a great doctor" is an opinion stated as fact. "I believe he is a great doctor" is an opinion. Stating that Midna is the main character is either stating a fact or stating opinion as fact. If they had stated that, in their opinion Midna is the main character, it'd be fine. But they didn't. The fact of the matter is that you and everyone else has raised the double standard, and is complaining about me stating facts, while at the same time stating OPINIONS as fact. Stop speaking if you can't uphold your own standards.

So, you tell me that I am doing something which I am not actually doing. And somehow, you're not telling me what my position is. Fun fact: If you tell me what my position is and that is not my position, then you are telling me I hold a position unlike the one I actually believe in.

Oh? Nice to know that all Smashers on this forum provide proof for 100% of every single thing they say the very first second that they are called out on it.

It's a Japanese poll that occured more than a decade ago. I sincerely apologize for not having a copy of it to use it in an argument which I did not even expect to use it in.

And Jigglypuff is a regular character, who has been in main character roles more than one time, as well as the aforementioned poll, which Jigglypuff came closer than anyone to winning.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What I think A Link to the Snitch was talking about though, was a poll that was to determine who would be Pokemon's mascot, probably the same poll that you brought up from the Pokemon Creator. Which, you already explained, and we figured out that JigglyPuff isn't really a mascot. I do not see her as being a mascot either but I'm not really going to touch on that. But, he did just state that his idea was a theory, meaning an opinion, so you can't really attack him on that, even if that part of his list MIGHT be wrong.
I actually didn't bring up a poll. The pokemon creator never said they used a poll nor did he state Pika was top dog on some poll, just that he was relatively popular.

(And fun fact: Mew2 was also going to be in smash 64 along with Bowser and Peach. . .but something went wrong and that didn't happen.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999 Im pretty sure he wasn't 3rd in the running for the pokemon series mascot as "A-Link" would claim.)

And as I said before, if he was stating that as his opinion he should have done that at the start. . . this was after he explained it as you quoted but that was said some pages ago. He than started stateing things as facts again after that which started it again.

*facepalm*

1. Oh? You actually have proof that the aforementioned poll does not exist? Prove it.

2. Oh? Prove it that Mewtwo wasn't included because of technical difficulties, that Jigglypuff wasn't left in because Sakurai thought it'd be the better pick.

3. I have never stated my opinion as fact.

Many have stated their opinion as fact, particularly Midna being the main character. This cannot be proven unless someone in a position to establish her as the main character does so, so logicall, it is stating opinion as fact. I don't do that. I don't make presumptions unless I'm **** sure that my facts are in order.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I actually didn't bring up a poll. The pokemon creator never said they used a poll nor did he state Pika was top dog on some poll, just that he was relatively popular.
Sorry, I just figured they had to have some way of making sure that was true, so a poll came to my head first. Sorry for putting words you haven't said in your mouth. :/

(And fun fact: Mew2 was also going to be in smash 64 along with Bowser and Peach. . .but something went wrong and that didn't happen.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999 Im pretty sure he wasn't 3rd in the running for the pokemon series mascot as "A-Link" would claim.)
I've read up on that before. Quite interesting. I would've like that game much more had those three been able to make the roster.

And as I said before, if he was stating that as his opinion he should have done that at the start. . . this was after he explained it as you quoted but that was said some pages ago. He than started stateing things as facts again after that which started it again.
I agree with you on that one. If you're going to state something as opinion, try and do so from the start. He might have forgotten, as I know I might've as well.

*facepalm*

1. Oh? You actually have proof that the aforementioned poll does not exist? Prove it.
Sorry, that was my fault. I was kind of putting words into his/her mouth.

2. Oh? Prove it that Mewtwo wasn't included because of technical difficulties, that Jigglypuff wasn't left in because Sakurai thought it'd be the better pick.
Now you're asking for proof for something that Black/Light never even implied. S/He clearly said that something went wrong and that didn't happen. Never a mention of technical difficulties. Nor a mention of JigglyPuff/Mewtwo comparison.

3. I have never stated my opinion as fact.

Many have stated their opinion as fact, particularly Midna being the main character. This cannot be proven unless someone in a position to establish her as the main character does so, so logicall, it is stating opinion as fact. I don't do that. I don't make presumptions unless I'm **** sure that my facts are in order.
Now here, you don't really have your facts in order. Even though I do side with you on the poll thingy, you couldn't find a link to support it (and neither could I quite frankly).

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
I added two new taunts to my moveset

Taunt: Pee

MAIN reason why they need to be in :p just imagine what you can do to your opponent after you killed them in stamina :)

Taunt: Laugh

Midna laughs (yeah that one laugh from the game) as wolf link looks at her and wags his tail​

"Im pretty sure he wasn't 3rd in the running for the pokemon series mascot as "A-Link" would claim.)"

He being Mewtwo.

And I'm aiming at Black/Light.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
"Im pretty sure he wasn't 3rd in the running for the pokemon series mascot as "A-Link" would claim.)"

He being Mewtwo.

And I'm aiming at Black/Light.
I think that Black/Light meant that Mewtwo ranked a lot lower than what would be third. I think Black/Light meant that Mewtwo wasn't even in the running for Mascot.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think that Black/Light meant that Mewtwo ranked a lot lower than what would be third. I think Black/Light meant that Mewtwo wasn't even in the running for Mascot.
You are very much correct. ;)
That was the whole reason for the link. . .to show that a pokemon who was probly never in the running for Pika's spot was planned to be in the original smash.
IDK how that could be missread. . .

I see.

That's a moot point anyway. Mewtwo is the ultimate Pokémon, and is indisputably the most powerful in Red/Blue. That is more than enough notability for him to be included - he didn't have to be in the running for the Pokémascot.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I see.

That's a moot point anyway. Mewtwo is the ultimate Pokémon, and is indisputably the most powerful in Red/Blue. That is more than enough notability for him to be included - he didn't have to be in the running for the Pokémascot.

So he wasn't a "mascot" or "2nd mascot" or "3rd mascot" by your logic? So he wouldn't have fallen into your list?

There. . . And Jpuff still=/=mascot either:ohwell:

And Wolf Link p!ssing made me lol (^_^)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

So he wasn't a "mascot" or "2nd mascot" or "3rd mascot" by your logic? So he wouldn't have fallen into your list?

There. . . And Jpuff still=/=mascot either:ohwell:
Well I can kind of see why Mewtwo made it in. He was the only probable villain-like character in the game. Not to say that mattered because there wasn't really importance with villains...

Yeah, Ganondorf doesn't fall under the role of mascot.

Mewtwo is in the role of an enemy, the final, ultimate, most powerful enemy you face in the entire game. The fact that he's not evil does not exempt him from being under the same category Ganondorf would fall under. Mewtwo being the most recognizable, most powerful enemy in the series until Arceus is plenty notable.

Ganondorf fits, yes?

So Mewtwo fits.

And Jigglypuff is highly recurring. A starring role in a manga, a recurring role in the anime, his high popularity, his recurrence, his almost mascot appeal in how much exposure and reception and advertising and promotion he's gotten.

Is there some odd reason why you seem to say that Jigglypuff is either a mascot or nothing on my list, and is not a mascot? You seem to think that mascot, sidekick, and main character variants are the only categories.

Seriously, this what this is - you are trying to prove the list wrong, I am trying to prove the list right. However, you seem to be in utter denial of the possibility of any truth to this list, and I don't care one way or the other. I wouldn't lose sleep over Midna's inclusion, I wouldn't use her as a punching bag, and I wouldn't simply not use her. Jigglypuff fits. I put him in an applicable category - recurring character - because that's where he belongs. I'm not going to create a category for one character if he fits just as well in an already existing one.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Mewtwo was the most voted for Pokemon on a Nintendo sponsored list of characters desired in melee, thats probably a big part of why he got in melee. Keep in mind that this list was composed before the second gen Pokemon were announced. THe logic that a character gets in because of how powerful they are in thier respective world is silly, I also think that the "he is a villian" logic is also a bit flawed. It boils down to how popular a character is in the end. Jigglypuff was never a mascot, no where near powerful either, BUT people were big fans of that little pokemon it's abundant inclusion in the series and spin off games more than prove that. it's charisma that gets you in these games not... how neat of a villian you are.

That said villains do gain their own fan basses. to be a good villian people have to love to hate you. Dedede's amazing (japanese) fan base in japan kind of get across the point I'm trying to make.

Don't even know why I'm posting in here.

anyway midna is a very popular well received character, it has nothing to do with her being a main character or not, people are in love with that girl, lol. TP has been out for a little over a year now while brawl was in development so time to understand her popularity is definitely there on the part of the developers while IMO not putting her in the game would be a bad move though in the end all the petitions in the world couldn't get her in the game if sakurai and his team doesn't want her in. all this arguing is some what moot.

man I'm bored.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Mewtwo was the most voted for Pokemon on a Nintendo sponsored list of characters desired in melee, thats probably a big part of why he got in melee. Keep in mind that this list was composed before the second gen Pokemon were announced. THe logic that a character gets in because of how powerful they are in thier respective world is silly, I also think that the "he is a villian" logic is also a bit flawed. It boils down to how popular a character is in the end. Jigglypuff was never a mascot, no where near powerful either, BUT people were big fans of that little pokemon it's abundant inclusion in the series and spin off games more than prove that. it's charisma that gets you in these games not... how neat of a villian you are.

That said villains do gain their own fan basses. to be a good villian people have to love to hate you. Dedede's amazing (japanese) fan base in japan kind of get across the point I'm trying to make.

Don't even know why I'm posting in here.

anyway midna is a very popular well received character, it has nothing to do with her being a main character or not, people are in love with that girl, lol. TP has been out for a little over a year now while brawl was in development so time to understand her popularity is definitely there on the part of the developers while IMO not putting her in the game would be a bad move though in the end all the petitions in the world couldn't get her in the game if sakurai and his team doesn't want her in. all this arguing is some what moot.

man I'm bored.
You said this all very well. Everything you have said is true to some degree. And hopefully, your post will mark the end of the two-ish week long debate that has been going on with the Midna supporters and A Link to the Snitch. I'm going to cross my fingers.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You said this all very well. Everything you have said is true to some degree. And hopefully, your post will mark the end of the two-ish week long debate that has been going on with the Midna supporters and A Link to the Snitch. I'm going to cross my fingers.
This should end it. I mean, we have more than one person coming out of the wood work, pointing out flaws in this line of thinking to some degree. . . that seems to always be a sign that w/e debate on such a topic is starting to become useless.

IMO we should just stop the debate about that list. If A_Link_to_the_Snich wants to keep talking about it than let him do so with himself cause this isn't even about Midna at this point.

We come to this thread to talk about Midna. . . not some random guy's list that he feels makes Midna "and characters like Claus/ Geno/ Micaiah etc etc" less likely.:p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If you say something is, you are saying "it is". "He is a doctor" is stating a fact. "He is a great doctor" is an opinion stated as fact. "I believe he is a great doctor" is an opinion. Stating that Midna is the main character is either stating a fact or stating opinion as fact. If they had stated that, in their opinion Midna is the main character, it'd be fine. But they didn't. The fact of the matter is that you and everyone else has raised the double standard, and is complaining about me stating facts, while at the same time stating OPINIONS as fact. Stop speaking if you can't uphold your own standards.

So, you tell me that I am doing something which I am not actually doing. And somehow, you're not telling me what my position is. Fun fact: If you tell me what my position is and that is not my position, then you are telling me I hold a position unlike the one I actually believe in.

Oh? Nice to know that all Smashers on this forum provide proof for 100% of every single thing they say the very first second that they are called out on it.

It's a Japanese poll that occured more than a decade ago. I sincerely apologize for not having a copy of it to use it in an argument which I did not even expect to use it in.

And Jigglypuff is a regular character, who has been in main character roles more than one time, as well as the aforementioned poll, which Jigglypuff came closer than anyone to winning.

I just need to point this out.

YES. When you say something IS something, it is a fact. BUT when that thing can't be a fact by logic, then it isn't. LET ME EXPLAIN BETTER.

IF I SAY: Green is the best color. THERE IS NO WAY THAT'S A FACT.

It is my opinion, I just didn't state it as so, but there is 0% chance that is a fact as every person will think differently.

Anyways the opinion you bring to mind about Midna being the main character, is an opinion based on soemthing we saw and analized and believe it to be it so. Saying someone said something, or something happened is in no way the same thing, that either happened or not, its not something you can "believe" is like that.

What position is that which I told you you are holding?

Not all of them can, but they didn't base an entire argument on something they can't prove.

Well then you shoudn't say you KNOW a poll and base your whole debate about it. Maybe you should think of something else why Jigglypuff was almost a mascot by your standards and then use the poll as a support for that other statement, and still people would ask for a link to the poll, because it is a major thing, which for some Pokemon fans who might not have seen it, its huge.

Jigglypuff is a POPULAR character, who has been popular in lots of games and the anime. She was never a main character, to my recolection of pokemon games.

Anyways this arguing should stop as some other people have said.

How stupid can you possibly be?

1. If it's an opinion that Midna is the main character, present it as such. Don't say she IS and then say that because of that, Midna fits into the list.

2. Well, you kind of told me that I believe that Sakurai will follow this list.

3. Well, they defended Midna by saying something they never did prove.

4. ...So just because I don't have a freaking copy of the pole on hand for every second of my existence, it does not exist? Do you realize how much of an idiot that statement makes you seem like? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

*sigh* Maybe I should stop. Being around such stupidity is draining my spirits. Evidence does not have to be on hand for it to exist.

[not any one besides Raykz and some other forgettable posters - the rest made this debate fun]

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
How stupid can you possibly be?

1. If it's an opinion that Midna is the main character, present it as such. Don't say she IS and then say that because of that, Midna fits into the list.

2. Well, you kind of told me that I believe that Sakurai will follow this list.

3. Well, they defended Midna by saying something they never did prove.

4. ...So just because I don't have a freaking copy of the pole on hand for every second of my existence, it does not exist? Do you realize how much of an idiot that statement makes you seem like? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

*sigh* Maybe I should stop. Being around such stupidity is draining my spirits. Evidence does not have to be on hand for it to exist.

[not any one besides Raykz and some other forgettable posters - the rest made this debate fun]
OK, so you decide to insult me then?

Well how about you go back to preschool and learn how to read before you come into a boards and post.

A main character is who one believes it to be, meaning BEING a main character itself is an opinion, now please why don't you go read some books and learn how to actually tell a story's story and then see how your opinion about the book differ from other people.

I said you implied it, and you did, someone even quoted you.

No, they were attacking your points, they never came up with some random event that proved Midna was going to be in, they just said because she is popular she MIGHT get in.

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. DUDE, OMG. I cannot believe you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old. I mean read it again? Still don't get it, ****, now I know why you have been talking like you have.

What I said is, that if you are going to say something like a poll, you should have it at hand as any big Pokemon fan, who actually knows about Pokemon ****, might counter you on that fact, and might actually feel like he is missing out on something (as he is a Pokemon fan) since he has not seen this "poll'

In other words (stating this so, someone like you can understand.) someone that is a Pokemon fan and has not seen this poll, will probably WANT to see the poll seeing as he LIKES pokemon. Never did I say it was for a fact not real. (I can't stop laughing. I explained it again, just in case you need to read it lots of times to actually comprehend it)

I don't know how your tiny mind got that I said it didn't exist. I seriously don't know HOW you could come up with that, I guess some things are just too hard for you to understand, huh?

1. You would have a good idea of how good preschool has been to you, eh?

2. Um, hello? People were saying "Midna IS the main character". Even if you use some distorted version of the English language to say that even though using is in this context is stating a fact, let's point out the fact that they were using it to prove the list wrong. They were using it as evidence, and all true evidence is fact. Do you understand basic concepts such as that?

3. Wow, nice to know that the best source on what I am "implying" is someone besides me.

4. Oh my freaking God you neanderthal. At what point am I expected to do something NO ONE DOES? I was not expecting to have to ever prove it in the first place or provide evidence for that statement, because I was not expecting to make the statement. You're basically demanding that I have proof for every single thing I may possibly say in the future. But at the same time, you probably don't even do half as well as I do in that department. I am basically being told by you that I cannot prove it because I wasn't prepared to present evidence on demand of a statement I did not expect to have to make.

5. Oh, really? You're not telling me that the evidence does not exist? You are telling me that I cannot get the evidence, that I cannot prove what I say, because I don't reach some standard set by you, that you don't even make any attempt to even remotely follow.

Stop talking. I swear, just because you are a raving moron doesn't mean you have to pump your idiocy into the heads of every living breathing creature on God's green Earth.

Black/Light

Smash Master
No, everyones been saying Midna is the main character of the STORY and if not than the co-star of the game.

And really, lets ignore A_Link_to and hope he goes away. The 100th page is coming up and I don't want that to be because of some agruement with this. . .odd person. Theres nothing else to be said here.

But you can't prove it.

Why do you people continue to create a double standard? "No one except for you must present proof immediately if asked of it, even if there's no logical reason for you to have a ten year old Japanese poll on a video game."

Let's not blame me for this current argument. This argument is the result of people making demands of me that they wouldn't want made on themselves, because they know they can't live up to them. If you want the argument to end, then admit you're wrong.

You can't win an argument of what I am thinking. People have tried, they failed. They tried to show xthat I implied something. How can you prove that? It would require being able to read my mind to see what I was implying, if I was implying anything. You are wrong in saying I cannot prove the poll's existence, because it is only based on the notion that I should have it available on demand, a feat which you probably don't really bother attempting to do.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
1. You would have a good idea of how good preschool has been to you, eh?

2. Um, hello? People were saying "Midna IS the main character". Even if you use some distorted version of the English language to say that even though using is in this context is stating a fact, let's point out the fact that they were using it to prove the list wrong. They were using it as evidence, and all true evidence is fact. Do you understand basic concepts such as that?

3. Wow, nice to know that the best source on what I am "implying" is someone besides me.

4. Oh my freaking God you neanderthal. At what point am I expected to do something NO ONE DOES? I was not expecting to have to ever prove it in the first place or provide evidence for that statement, because I was not expecting to make the statement. You're basically demanding that I have proof for every single thing I may possibly say in the future. But at the same time, you probably don't even do half as well as I do in that department. I am basically being told by you that I cannot prove it because I wasn't prepared to present evidence on demand of a statement I did not expect to have to make.

5. Oh, really? You're not telling me that the evidence does not exist? You are telling me that I cannot get the evidence, that I cannot prove what I say, because I don't reach some standard set by you, that you don't even make any attempt to even remotely follow.

Stop talking. I swear, just because you are a raving moron doesn't mean you have to pump your idiocy into the heads of every living breathing creature on God's green Earth.

I will skip #1

Yes, just as anyone can say Zelda is the coolest game there is, that does not make it a fact, it makes it that guys opinion, even if he uses the word IS, and does not state its an opinion, it just means that guy does not feel the need to state it as so, or he believes it is undeniably the best game ever and noone can state differently. Even though he might believe this, it is still an opinion, and there is no way you can say its not, because if you think Zelda is the best game ever, I might think its Mario, there is no way to prove one another as they are very different.

Well, yes, as he quoted you.

In order to enlighten you better about what implying is.

If I were to ask a man: What color is prettier for you. Green or Blue?

And he were to respond. "I hate green"

Did he SAY which one was prettier for him? No, he did not. BUT he DID imply that it is blue. So if you were to ask anyone about that man's preference they would say blue, but maybe he actually hates blue more and thinks green is better, who knows.

This is what implying is. And as you can correctly quote from me, I never said you "Believed" anything as you said in the start, but I said you implied it, which does not mean that is where you stand, as you said it was....

Would you learn to ****ing read? What I am saying is that when it is something as MAJOR AS A POLL (major being for a Pokemon fan) you should at least LOOK UP for a ****ing link. I mean if I were to say right now, The Legend of Zelda games have been canceled forever, would you not ask for a link??????

Now if I were to say that TLoZ's most recent console game involved Epona, would you ask me for a link? See what I mean now? GOD**** you need to learn how to read.

About number 5, I still want you to QUOTE me, where I said you did not meet my standards. PLEASE DO SO. I beg of you. I have never said such a thing. If you weren't so stupid, you would have understood that I merely said, that if you are going to base your argument on something that any person might actually FEEL like he wants to "re-check" your info, you should at least look it up, as if you base your whole argument on it, if you do not have it, then your whole argument fails (I NEVER SAID IT DIDN'T EXIST, DO YOU COMPREHEND, OR IS IT STILL TOO HARD FOR YOU?)

And the fact that I said you cannot prove it, is because.... Well, you cannot prove it, you do not have it. I mean how more solid can that statement be, are you really that stupid? I don't mean that it is not true, or that you did not indeed see it, you might have. But what I am saying is that you fail to have the proof PEOPLE (because if you noticed I have never asked you for it myself) might want to see when they THINK that said event is not true. Never did I say it was not true. I hope you could now comprehend it, which you probably couldn't

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
No, everyones been saying Midna is the main character of the STORY and if not than the co-star of the game.

And really, lets ignore A_Link_to and hope he goes away. The 100th page is coming up and I don't want that to be because of some agruement with this. . .odd person. Theres nothing else to be said here.

I was going to try it, but he keeps insulting me...

But you can't prove it.

Why do you people continue to create a double standard? "No one except for you must present proof immediately if asked of it, even if there's no logical reason for you to have a ten year old Japanese poll on a video game."

Let's not blame me for this current argument. This argument is the result of people making demands of me that they wouldn't want made on themselves, because they know they can't live up to them. If you want the argument to end, then admit you're wrong.

You can't win an argument of what I am thinking. People have tried, they failed. They tried to show xthat I implied something. How can you prove that? It would require being able to read my mind to see what I was implying, if I was implying anything. You are wrong in saying I cannot prove the poll's existence, because it is only based on the notion that I should have it available on demand, a feat which you probably don't really bother attempting to do.

#1-) He says Midna is the main character based on his (and everyone else's) opinion about Twilight Princess, if you want proof, pay 50 bucks, buy the game and play it. IF you still differ in opinions with him, well thats exactly what I have been saying all along, and you still can't understand, who is the main character is truly based on opinion, obviously, noone will believe something as stupid as "Tingle is the main character" but in reality Midna VS Link is debatable. I myself believe Link and Midna both to be the main characters.

#2-) Read #1

#3-) How are we wrong? Because we don't follow our own statements you say? Well you haven't asked for a single proof about anything, so how are we supposed to deliver? How do you know if you asked us for something, we would not give you something back, are you God?

#4-) No, implying is not what you are thinking, but what someone can think from reading what you say, read my previous post and you may get it.

The fact that you don't even bother to look up for this poll is amazing. And what I discuss about is not that you do not have the poll, but that you base your whole argument on something you don't have. Are you getting it?

Top Bottom