• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... we are actually getting a Nintendo Direct this month? This is exactly what I predicted last month... I mentioned that we tend to get Nintendo Directs every other month... and we got a Smash character each time.

June 2013 - SSB4 announced with 9 veterans and 3 newcomers
July 2013 - nothing
August 2013 - Luigi confirmed
September 2013 - nothing
October 2013 - Sonic confirmed
November 2013 - nothing
December 2013 - Rosalina & Luma confirmed
January 2014 - nothing
February 2014 - ???

And since newcomers are usually shown on trailers and not Pics of the Day... I hope we are getting a newcomer tomorrow... and since Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freezes comes out in Japan tomorrow... I think we are getting a Donkey Kong newcomer tomorrow... and since Diddy Kong isn't confirmed yet... I think we might get a Diddy & Dixie team... a two for one deal... both a veteran and a newcomer as one... that's what I am hoping for.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
So... we are actually getting a Nintendo Direct this month? This is exactly what I predicted last month... I mentioned that we tend to get Nintendo Directs every other month... and we got a Smash character each time.

June 2013 - SSB4 announced with 9 veterans and 3 newcomers
July 2013 - nothing
August 2013 - Luigi confirmed
September 2013 - nothing
October 2013 - Sonic confirmed
November 2013 - nothing
December 2013 - Rosalina & Luma confirmed
January 2014 - nothing
February 2014 - ???

And since newcomers are usually shown on trailers and not Pics of the Day... I hope we are getting a newcomer tomorrow... and since Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freezes comes out in Japan tomorrow... I think we are getting a Donkey Kong newcomer tomorrow... and since Diddy Kong isn't confirmed yet... I think we might get a Diddy & Dixie team... a two for one deal... both a veteran and a newcomer as one... that's what I am hoping for.
I'm with you on this having a nintendo direct on the exact day donkey kong country tropical freeze can't just be a mere coincidence

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Today or tomorrow could be the day Dixie Kong is revealed. I say we wear pink berets and style our hairs into yellow ponytails to show our support.

Regardless, these next few days will be crucial for Dixie Kong supporters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I kind of saw this month's Nintendo Direct coming.

Anyhow, I am hoping Dixie Kong gets revealed on the morrow. She was mine favourite Donkey Kong character back in the day (I have only played Donkey Kong Country I, II, and III).

As for the whole Diddy/Dixie duo idea, I could see how it can offer a unique style of gameplay, but on the other hand, I do not really think we need another Ice Climber/PKMN Trainer type of character.

Oh, and as for K. Rool, whom knows? We might just get four Donkey Kong characters.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I kind of saw this month's Nintendo Direct coming.

Anyhow, I am hoping Dixie Kong gets revealed on the morrow. She was mine favourite Donkey Kong character back in the day (I have only played Donkey Kong Country I, II, and III).

As for the whole Diddy/Dixie duo idea, I could see how it can offer a unique style of gameplay, but on the other hand, I do not really think we need another Ice Climber/PKMN Trainer type of character.

Oh, and as for K. Rool, whom knows? We might just get four Donkey Kong characters.
if Dixie is in the game then tomorrow would be the perfect day to show her I don't think she's the type of character that would stay a secret to us

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Considering how Sakurai is showing potentially unlockable characters, Dixie Kong bieng unlockable or secret won't have an impact on her reveal. She screams "starter" for me and one that will be released via Direct. I have high hopes for her as well as K. Rool right now.

Here's to hoping!!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, my goodness...Diddy wasn't revealed today. What does this mean? Is the Diddy/Dixie combo going to be the announcement in tomorrow's Direct? Damnit, my body can't take this hype...I just want it to be 2PM...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I knew it. The real Pic of the Day is probably gonna be Diddy & Dixie unless Sakurai trolls us with the Ice Climbers.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dunno if being entirely keen on seeing Diddy&Dixie-mechanic being actually implemented this time - I liked Diddy as he was and want to see what Dixie can bring in on her own under Sakurai's creative hands.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't care much for Dixie. Never played a game with her, and aside from her hair, I don't care for her design much. But it seems she has a Lot of fans here, so, while I much rather have Cranky, it would be nice to see Another very well-liked character in Smash. And she's female. So I will accept her playability (if she is in).

Kinda do hope she'll be with Diddy, though, so that may give Cranky a slightly bigger shot at a Slot~

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I don't care much for Dixie. Never played a game with her, and aside from her hair, I don't care for her design much. But it seems she has a Lot of fans here, so, while I much rather have Cranky, it would be nice to see Another very well-liked character in Smash. And she's female. So I will accept her playability (if she is in).

Kinda do hope she'll be with Diddy, though, so that may give Cranky a slightly bigger shot at a Slot~
I don't know about that Cranky still has King K Rool to deal with regardless

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't know about that Cranky still has King K Rool to deal with regardless
Well, I'd rather have Rool Before Dixie too, so I wouldn't mind much. XD

But if Dixie really IS together with Diddy here, I do hope they at least hate unique Specials and Smash Attacks.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong, Diddy/Dixie combo, and K. Rool playable, along with Cranky Kong as AT, would be pretty dang good representation for the DK series.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong, Diddy/Dixie combo, and K. Rool playable, along with Cranky Kong as AT, would be pretty dang good representation for the DK series.
I agree with you Donkey Kong has always had good representation so I wouldn't expect this one to be any different

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm surprised at the lack of activity on this thread.
Dixie could be revealed any minute, aren't you guys hyped about that?

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm surprised at the lack of activity on this thread.
Dixie could be revealed any minute, aren't you guys hyped about that?
I'm totally hyped about that, just there's not much else to talk about. We could get the Diddy/Dixie combo, Dixie solo, or nothing at all, but all we can do is wait and see what Sakurai is cooking up. I guess we are a patient bunch. Though, mark my words, if she is confirmed, there will be PLENTY of celebrating.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally hyped about that, just there's not much else to talk about. We could get the Diddy/Dixie combo, Dixie solo, or nothing at all, but all we can do is wait and see what Sakurai is cooking up. I guess we are a patient bunch. Though, mark my words, if she is confirmed, there will be PLENTY of celebrating.
there will definitely be some from me

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Well, I'm not losing hope, but I guess this shows me for getting my hopes up and trying to predict Sakurai. *sigh*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Guys, chins up, at least Dixie's gonna star in one of the best Donkey Kong Countrys yet. Maybe when that time of reign is over, she might be reconsidered (unless we're still being held back because no Diddy and I think moving of the release date (AGAIN?)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Seriously think that Mac instead of Dixie/Diddy completely killed that concept's chances. Dixie alone is still a possibility, but I would find it odd if we got more than one newcomer now since they didn't reveal Diddy already (since it was the best time to get it out of the way so that we can get to the newcomers).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess we are probably gonna get Diddy Kong next Friday...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well folks, looks like Dixie won&t be revealed today. Here is holding on for a NA release date reveal. Let's show our support!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well folks, looks like Dixie won&t be revealed today. Here is holding on for a NA release date reveal. Let's show our support!
But there's no Direct next week... would Sakurai really confirm Dixie without a trailer video? I don't think so... I think we are getting Diddy as a solo character instead... maybe Dixie might get Kiddy instead if Sakurai still wants to add a Kong team character in Smash.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
While L.Mac is nice how it is...
I hated him so hard last Direct, stealing Dixie spot like this.

Well...He and she are welll expected characters and someway seeing him should give us more hope, but -1 newcomer slot : it's done.
I think we can expect just 3 or 4 newcomers to be announced.
Also, she as secret till the end should be a great surprise while playing, but painfull waiting.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not sure, but I think that this puts a dent in Dixie's chances.
Dixie was the perfect newcomer for today, to show off Tropical Freeze. Well that didn't happen, obviously, so I'm wondering if Sakurai just skipped over the character altogether.
Also a Diddy and Dixie as a tag team was pretty much perfect, but that wasn't shown off. That's good, because I hated that idea.
So now I'm thinking that the DK newcomer may be K. Rool (which I had thought anyway) because there was no newcomer used to advertise TF, and if you guys didn't know
K. Rool does not appear in TF.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Dixie's chances are slim after yesterday's reveal, then King K. Rool's are even less significant. Dixie at least still is relevant to DK series, appearing as a playable character in Tropical Freeze and also appearing in far more DK games than the crocodile. I think she might be in the game, but Sakurai thought revealing her wouldn't be as hype worhty as revealing Little Mac and honestly, he is completely right. Revealing a newcomer of a popular unrepresented series in Smash Bros is better than revealing a secondary character of some other one. She might be an unlockable character in SSB4 and if she is, we won't know that until the game is released.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Dixie's chances are slim after yesterday's reveal, then King K. Rool's are even less significant. Dixie at least still is relevant to DK series, appearing as a playable character in Tropical Freeze and also appearing in far more DK games than the crocodile. I think she might be in the game, but Sakurai thought revealing her wouldn't be as hype worhty as revealing Little Mac and honestly, he is completely right. Revealing a newcomer of a popular unrepresented series in Smash Bros is better than revealing a secondary character of some other one. She might be an unlockable character in SSB4 and if she is, we won't know that until the game is released.
Well, we've already seen some unlockables (Luigi, very likely Toon Link) so I personally think we'll know the entire roster before launch.
And K. Rool's chances would grow slightly because he cannot be used to advertise a game that he is not featured in.
As for Dixie, now would have been the perfect time to reveal her.
Yes, Mac is more hype-worthy, but Dixie could have been used to hype people up for TF, but she wasn't.
I don't think her chances are dead, but I think there's a little dent there.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think this decreases her chances a tiny bit, because she could have advertised DK:FR, while K. Rool couldn't. This is probably just wishful thinking, though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, we've already seen some unlockables (Luigi, very likely Toon Link) so I personally think we'll know the entire roster before launch.
And K. Rool's chances would grow slightly because he cannot be used to advertise a game that he is not featured in.
As for Dixie, now would have been the perfect time to reveal her.
Yes, Mac is more hype-worthy, but Dixie could have been used to hype people up for TF, but she wasn't.
I don't think her chances are dead, but I think there's a little dent there.
How does this logic work? As you can see in my signature, I fully support K. Rool, but his chances are about the same, if not worse, than they were before the last Nintendo Direct. As of the roster being revealed entirely before the launch, I really doubt they would do that, because then they would leave nothing in terms of character for us to discover. I think not only Dixie might be a secret character, but also the so-wished-to-return Mewtwo.

While yesterday would have been a good timing to reveal Dixie, it would also be a poor occasion to not reveal something huge. Nintendo had absolutely ZERO huge games to announce in the ND, so what else could they do? Announce a big character for Smash Bros. I love Dixie, but she isn't a big character. Not at all. Ridley is a big character! Little Mac, on other hand, is. Go take a look at Little Mac's reveal video on YouTube, the count view is already bigger than the count view of Rosalina's reveal video, a video that was uploaded two months ago. Just an example, I am not saying that Dixie's popularity equals Rosalina's (Dixie is more popular, well at least I hope so), but neither of them are as important as Little Mac. My point is: This was the first Nintendo Direct of 2014. They had to leave a big impression on who was watching. Last year they announced the first 3D Pokémon games, so it was REALLY hard to top that. You know what I mean?

In short, I think she NOT being revealed yesterday do little to her chances of being a new DK rep in SSB4. Now we wait for the 21th, if Diddy is revealed, then the "paired" character thing will finally die. If Diddy isn't revealed this month, then I THINK he might not be revealed until the release of the game, same as Dixie.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Don't rule Dixie out just yet we got Rosalina confirmed after Super Mario 3d world was released so we can always get Dixie sometime later

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Don't rule Dixie out just yet we got Rosalina confirmed after Super Mario 3d world was released so we can always get Dixie sometime later
Dixie still stands a chance, but this isn't good logic, since we didn't have a Direct on Super Mario 3D World's release date.
However, the Direct following 3D World's release, we got Rosalina.
Just putting that one out there.

Top Bottom