• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Courtesy of @VeemonTamer

Dixie Kong's DLC Support Thread
(Originally created by Venus of the Desert Bloom; edited and expanded by SethTheMage)

Introduction

EDIT: 10/3/15
Well, it's over. The Smash Ballot has ended, and all we can do at this point is wait and see what Sakurai has planned. Thank you to every Dixie fan who voted for her. Let's keep our same enthusiasm in supporting Dixie as these last few characters are revealed, and maybe we will finally see her be revealed as a playable fighter in Smash.

EDIT: 4/1/15
Sakurai has officially opened a poll on who should be added as DLC fighters! We need to band together as Dixie Kong fans and let him know that we want her in Smash! If you need help with coming up with the "why Dixie should be a fighter," feel free to use anything in this OP. These moveset ideas were discussed by Dixie fans during pre-release, and are still relevant now. Let's show Nintendo and Sakurai that our favorite chimp has what it takes to *finally* make it into the roster!

EDIT: 10/23/14
We may have missed the initial launch, but now Sakurai has opened the floodgates by announcing Mewtwo as a DLC fighter! Dixie is now back in the running as a candidate for DLC! Let's keep our same enthusiasm in support of our favorite Girl With the Whirl!

Original Post:
Yes, the ponytail swinging chimp with the pink tank top is here! Dixie Kong would be an excellent addition to the Smash Bros. universe alongside her friend Donkey Kong and her boyfriend, Diddy Kong. So, in support of Dixie Kong, I decided to make this thread to bring in the best and brightest Dixie fans to discuss/analyze/speculate her chances for Smash 4!

Who is Dixie Kong?

Courtesy of @N3ON

In case you aren't familiar with the character, Dixie Kong is the girlfriend of Diddy Kong. She made her debut in the critically acclaimed Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, developed in 1995 by Rare. On this adventure, Dixie used her trademark ponytail to lift objects, defeat enemies, and slow her decent. By utilizing her unique abilities, Dixie was able to team up with Diddy, and together they managed to rescue Donkey Kong from the clutches of the nefarious Kaptain K. Rool.

After her debut, Dixie Kong became an important character in the Donkey Kong franchise. She starred in her own game in 1996 (9 years before even Princess Peach received her own adventure). In this game, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble, she worked together with her cousin Kiddy Kong in order to locate and rescue the missing Diddy and Donkey Kong. Instead of ending up as a damsel-in-distress like most other Nintendo women, Dixie turned the tables on the formula by going on her own adventure and rescuing the main male heroes of the franchise.

After this adventure, while she didn't receive a role in a main-series Donkey Kong game (outside of remakes) until 2014, Dixie appeared in numerous spinoffs on the GBA, Gamecube, DS, and Wii. She was an expert drummer in the Donkey Konga games, she was a playable character in the multiplayer mode of DK King of Swing and DK Jungle Climber, she replaced Conker in the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing, and she soared across the jungle skies in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast/Jet Race. Dixie even made playable appearances in a few Mario sports games during this era, including Mario Hoops: 3 on 3/Mario Slam Basketball and both of the Mario Baseball games. While Dixie took a long hiatus from the mainline Donkey Kong games, she still remained a prominent figure in the Donkey Kong series and to Nintendo in general.

After this period of only appearing in spinoffs, Dixie finally made her long-awaited return to the spotlight in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, developed in 2014 by Retro Studios. In this epic adventure on the Wii U, she once again used the aerial prowess and attacking power of her ponytail. This allowed her to aid her friends and lover in the liberation of Donkey Kong Island from its frozen fate and occupation at the hands of Lord Frederik and the Snowmads.

Because of her importance to the Donkey Kong series and Nintendo's history, many consider Dixie Kong to be one of Nintendo's few remaining all-stars who are not yet playable in Smash. She has made frequent playable appearances since her debut 20 years ago, she has played the starring role in her own game, and she is an active and capable female character. Dixie has paid her dues and is well overdue to join the Smash Bros. roster along with the rest of Nintendo's greats.

This Kong's Got Style: What Dixie Can Bring to the Table

At first glance, Dixie doesn't look like she can do much in the world of Smash that her boyfriend Diddy Kong can't, but she does have a few abilities that could set her apart from him. Her main attribute, her prehensile blonde ponytail, could potentially have many uses. Dixie could use it as a whip, swing it to smack her opponents around, use it as a tether grab, and most important of all, spin it around like a propeller to recover and give her superb mobility in the air. In addition to her her ponytail, Dixie has her Bubblegum Popgun from Tropical Freeze, her guitar, and she could possibly use other abilities from the Donkey Kong series, such as barrels, the rocket bongos from Barrel Blast, or animal buddies like Squawks. Some have also suggested that she could use wads of bubblegum as a sticky trap or even team up with her cousin Kiddy Kong to perform all sorts of team attacks. In terms of playstyle, Dixie could be a trickster with disjointed hitboxes, multiple jumps, and aerial mobility like Jigglypuff, R.O.B., or Pit/Dark Pit. She would have a similar body shape to Diddy, but could be slightly slower and more floaty to further differentiate herself from her boyfriend.

Fan Created Move Sets
Jab:
Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.
Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.

Tilts:
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash.

To pull off her Down Tilt, Dixie does a swift handstand and lets her hair fall forward to smash into the ground. Opponents hit by it will be bounced upwards with semi decent force if their % is at or near zero; the knockback (or more accurately knock-up) is good but the move's not KO worthy unless on really high percentages, though it's a nice and quick way to bounce opponents off.

Here's the attack layout. At Position 1 there's no attack, but the transition to P2 is something to be aware of, as the startup swing does negligible damage but may knock you forward if grounded or swung with slightly more force if aerial. In either case, if you get hit at this transition, you should be pushed just out of the reach of this DTilt, with minor damage if you're higher than 20%. If your % is lower than 20, you're likely to endure the full attack. At P2, Dixie's hair swings downward, so anything hit from this point on the way to P3 will nudged or forced underneath the hair. At P3, the hair makes contact with the ground and BAM! The attack has unfolded. Anything it immediately touches will be bounced upwards as the attack is complete, and those that were forced through the whole move will be slammed into the ground, bounced up and receive higher damage and knockback than those making contact at P3. P4 is simply Dixie returning to her neutral position.
The move is quick on the startup side but has just a touch of ending lag; about the speed of Diddy's Forward Tilt, and as the move bounces foes upward I liken it to a 1-directional shockwave with (surprise surprise) nice reach thanks to her hair. It's quick and strong but not a killing move, however you might be able to use it to set up her Up Tilt at the right percentages. Just think...Dtilt-> UTilt-> FTilt/FSmash. This is one of Dixie's "Get back!" moves.

Alternate Down Tilt: Swift Spank

Based off Tropical Freeze. She kneels and leans forward, allowing her hair to strike twice in front of her with a relatively small range. It's quick, reliable and has a stinging quality, but the attack is always 2 strikes per input, which means if the hits don't connect Dixie could be vulnerable to a counterattack. As I wrote before, the moves quick so she's not in too much danger if she misses, right?

I came up with the Handstand Slam just before I saw Dixie do that hair-banging groundpound from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I gotta admit it looked cool so I drew up something based on it. I find it practical; it's swift and she leans low unlike in the other which she is more open to danger, but it's not as strong and looks similar to her Forward Tilt. Still, both ideas are good but I prefer the Slam over the Spank. As long as I get ideas circulating in others, every drawing I show will serve its purpose. So in this case, if I have more than 1 idea to show for the same attack then the more the merrier.

Dash Attack:
Gotta start cranking out these moveset ideas. Here's another:
Dash Attack: Ponytail Pirouette

Dixie uses her spin attack from Tropical Freeze in Smash Bros.! She starts by kicking a leg out and briefly extending an arm while simultaneously turning to spin. As she rotates, an arm, a leg and her ponytail smack opponents up to four times. It's a quick move that carries foes like most other tornado attacks (like DK's or Mega Man's) through the animation and is fast to perform with little startup or ending lag.

A pretty straightforward, 4-hit attack; I just wanna point out that the poses above represent different stages in the move's lifespan. The first pose is the startup, the 2nd and 3rd are the attack itself, but different points. The closer Dixie's left arm is to her paralleling her left leg, the closer the attack is to finishing. I looked at ballerinas spinning and noticed they don't always keep their arms or legs in the same pose throughout, so I did the same with Dixie. Keeps me from being bored having to draw the same pose but at different rotations. Hopefully I caught a sense of momentum with these.

Smash Attacks:

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.
Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.
I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely

Dixie starts her Up Smash with a handstand pose. Her arms and hair stay bent on the ground to support herself and cushion her head, for balancing in that position can be painful.
The blood flows down as the attack charges, but she remains clear-headed and focused. And then...

ssSSSHWEEEEEemsh!!! She launches herself straight up to collide with foes and knock them higher! Her hair goes from a curled cushion to propel herself upward; as she does so she extends her legs in the hopes of impacting enemies with blunt force. She uses her hair merely for assistance, as this attack has her rely on her feet to deal the damage, and boy is it strong. The force she uses to blast upwards coupled with the overall trajectory makes this quite a jolt for her!
A near - strictly vertical attack from Dixie. The extended length of her ponytail matches the length of her body, and thus like many of her moves she's granted some good range. As she shoots upward her feet have incredible force; it's not as powerful as her Forward Smash, but it has quite a healthy bit of killing power. Also, due to the vertical nature of this move, it's most effective on those directly above her and the knockback is vertically oriented as well.
In regard to Smash attacks, Dixie's Forward relies mostly on her hair to deal damage; her Up reverses that "role" and her Down has no reliance on her hair. A nice dynamic IMO.
Onto more moveset ideas. I'm not sure how much these posts will affect her chances with the ballot with just 12 days left, but I want to finish these ideas since I'm so close. I have a few concepts here in the hope that at least one appeals to people's imagination if the other(s) don't. Another massive post is here, brace yourselves, if the post is annoyingly long I'll wrap spoiler tags on it.

Down Smash: Quick Split

As she charges her Down Smash, Dixie strikes a pose. Her hand seems poised to shoot up while her hair curls too. With each passing second she becomes more determined to unleash the attack. And then...

ssSSWOOOM!! She performs a split! This Smash attack is a quick maneuver in which Dixie uses her feet to do damage. The attack is the fastest of her smashes, but also the weakest. While her Forward Smash has huge KO potential--the most actually--and her Up Smash isn't bad at killing either, her Down Smash isn't reliable for KO's off the bat. Higher percentages notwithstanding. Her hair deals no damage, but it does smack foes while it unravels just before she splits. The chance of getting hit by it is remote and just disrupts you in that split second before she splits.

And that's the default idea for a down smash. It fits the dynamic I have with the other 2; while the Forward Smash has her rely strictly on her hair, and her Up allows her to use her hair and feet, her Down Smash has no real reliance on it and instead the damage comes from her feet. There's barely any ending lag and almost none on the startup side. It's a simple yet practical attack, one that many fighters can do, and because of that I feel the need to show ideas that could be more unique and specialized:

Alternate Down Smash 1: Sit Spin Sweep

The cute Kong wraps her hair around her and crouches while doing so, letting her hair wrap tightly but still maintaining her balance. Sound familiar? Well it is but--

sSSSSHHHoooWOOOMSSH! She unleashes the attack and performs a figure skating move called a Sit Spin, and in the process uncurls her hair to smack foes while she spins! It's essentially her Forward Smash at a lower height, the only differences here is that you control how much she spins. Do a quick Smash and she'll spin once, charge it halfway and she'll spin twice, but charge it fully and you'll get three spins! The hair smacks foes away throughout either spin, and the one before the last is the strongest (ie: 2 spins means the first will be the strongest and 3 spins means the 2nd will be the strongest) as Dixie will be winding down momentum to finish the attack.

And here's the finisher. No matter how long the Smash is charged, the final spin will end with her making this pose. Anyone hit by the hair will be knocked away, but what's most important about this part is that the amount of spins determine how much ending lag you'll get. She'll be holding that pose for a bit to regain balance; how long exactly is up to you, so keep that in mind when charging the attack.

Like the Whiplash Smash the Sit Spin Sweep is powerful; not AS powerful but can be slightly stronger than the Up Smash, if we're talking about the strongest spin in the set when fully charged. A graceful and strong spin, and a good idea IMO, but as it is her Whiplash Smash re-purposed--which isn't necessarily bad, I have yet another idea:

Alternate Down Smash 2: Spinning Kong

Dixie balances on one hand while the rest of her limbs and her hair seem poised to strike. What could she be getting ready to do while keeping most of herself in the air?

SWOOOM-SWOOOM-SWOOOM-SWOOOM!!!!
A Spinning Kong of course! Like DK, Dixie can pull off that Kong tornado move, but she uses it differently. She performs the attack while upside-down and stays in one place, and spins twice, but if you charge it longer she'll spin three times and four if fully charged. Like the 1st alternate Down Smash the ending lag depends on how much you charge the move, but it's not exactly powerful, and the final spin is the strongest. While the other spins rack up damage and keep you in the cyclone like Peach's Down Smash, the final spin knocks you away with good knockback if fully charged, and decent if not. It's a wild attack that highlights her savage side.

Those are the Down Smash ideas. While I'm going with the first one, I can't deny the other two are cooler and more unique. I felt the need to have her use a quick and reliable attack at the cost of raw power, and complete the dynamic I have with the Up and Forward as well as show that she's not 100% hair. Each of the three smashes in this post have their strengths and flaws, so it's best to pick your favorite of the bunch.

All that's left are the Specials and her "Glide". Stay tuned for it.

Aerials:

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done.

Another practical attack for Dixie, her forward air has her do two kicks: right leg then left. Like the alternate down tilt idea the input yields 2 hits per use, and you can attack repeatedly with it to rack up damage. Enemies are knocked upwards and backwards slightly with each kick--enough to push them back by just a bit but not enough to keep foes from escaping another dose; time it right and you'll get much more than 2 hits from these strikes. The move's quick on its own and not KO-worthy, but with Dixie's airspeed being the best of the Kongs and a unique ability of her own, you can practically chase foes around using this move repeatedly and slowly descend to the ground.

While the attack isn't as spectacular as her Up and Down Air (coming soon) or as strong as her Back Air, it's great for aggressive approaches. She moves faster than DK and Diddy in the air and can stay off the ground longer than they ever could.

Dixie's Forward Air is a go-to move for horizontal momentum, while her Neutral is a quick way to push others back; her Up Air is deliberately meant to rack up damage and disrupt her own falling speed while it's being used, almost to the point of floating in mid air (which she technically can't do, but "gliding's" a different story). Her Back Air is strong and can kill once certain thresholds are crossed, and her Down Air...is perfect for..displacement..

Here we have a hair-assisted whiplash attack. She curves her hair around her then immediately turns 180 degresss, extending her hair in the process to smack foes, much like her forward smash but reversed. She then turns back to her start position. A powerful move, no doubt, but not quite the fastest airborne attack of hers. It takes a split second to get to the part you see above (while most BAirs are practically instantaneous) and the ending lag's roughly the same, so you might wanna use this move preemptively if you're sure it'll hit, and when it does it pays off. Not quite as fast as other BAirs or Dixie's other aerials, but still a reliable speed with good power. It is her strongest aerial move, and if you've ever had the misfortune of being hit by one of Ike's aerials, you'll have a very solid idea of its KO potential.
Also, as it is a tad slower due to startup and ending lag, it would be tougher to use this move as much as others before you land. Dixie doesn't have to worry too much though, because she's got an ability to stay airborne for quite some time. It's an ability...that I'll detail later..

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.
Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.
Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.
Another moveset idea has arrived!

Down Air: Hair Hook

The Third Hero does one acrobatic spin while her hair curves at an angle, acting like a hook-shaped appendage in hopes of catching a foe. Once someone is snagged, they're swung by her hair and tossed above her. Where exactly? Well that depends on where Dixie catches them; If they're caught at the beginning of the attack they'll be flung a good distance away, but if caught near the end they'll barely be thrown. Here's an example:

As you can see, the earlier she catches someone the further away she'll throw them, but the later it happens the easier it'll be for her enemy to retaliate. Say for example she catches Mario near the end of the swing; that means he'll be free to hit her with say, his Meteor Smash after he's tossed and spike her before she can react. He'd basically be right on top of her and ready for payback, so if you use this move, TIMING IS KEY.
If Dixie's lucky, she might be able to use her Up Air right before her foe strikes back..

Although the move doesn't do much damage, the strength of her throw is absolutely no joke--it can become KO-worthy quickly, especially if you're caught at the beginning, and I should mention: the throw trajectories shown are based off a foe being tossed at 0% damage (they won't be at 0% after the throw however), and the attack radius is the length of her ponytail while swinging, not the trajectory lines which means fighters will be thrown from the tip of her hair, not the lines you see branching out. Those are only the level of force you can expect from each point in the swing. One last thing, only one enemy can be snagged per each usage; other enemies will just get smacked by Dixie's hair while it swings the victim, and they'll take more damage from being whacked than the one who's being thrown. I know most of that was shown/written in the drawing but I wanna be 210% clear about this.

The move, along with her Up Tilt and a certain Special is meant to show off her capabilities as a grapple-oriented fighter. In this case she has an aerial throw as an attack at her disposal, and it's perfect for displacing enemies by sending them somewhere they probably didn't wanna go, whether they're grounded or aerial. Incidentally, this works better on grounded foes as they're typically below you, and the swing has a downward arc. You can force opponents into the air with this, or just displace already airborne fighters. Since Dixie does have a lot of air-oriented options to work with you can best believe she's forcing you to fight on her terms.

You guys wouldn't believe how long this drawing took. I could never get it right when it came to the pose and the angle lol. The rough drafts looked like she was on the ground, too stiffly posed or badly proportioned, so I'm glad to finally get to show this one. This was meant to be her Aerial Down B when I first brainstormed it BUT I came up with something else and figured this would be a cool/unique Down Air instead. With this posted, the Aerial attacks are all complete, like the tilts. Dixie's air attacks utilize her hair in some cases and kicks in others while her tilts have her rely strictly on her ponytail. All that's left are the grabs/throws, a Smash, Running Attack (guess what it is) and the dreaded Specials. But I'm not done with the air yet...

Specials:
I love the detail put into Dixie's Smashified render, the way the colors pop match the bright colors of official art so that's a huge plus, and I gotta give them props for the idea behind her pose. From a design perspective, they're 100% right--these two kongs were made for each other and you could see it back in DKC 2. The fur flows nicely, the eyes look beautiful and that cartoony monkey look has been nailed.

The only things I take slight (key word) issue with is the kong herself. They want it to match Diddy's work, but when you line them up side by side as intended Diddy makes her look even younger than she already does. The head's not in proportion to her body, and while the hair is gorgeous, the ponytail is a bit short. Dixie's fur is also lighter than Diddy's nowadays; in DKCTF's cutscenes for example, Dixie's fur leans more toward the yellow side of the color spectrum. There's some brown in there but it's a yellowish brown--you see it especially when the lights shining on her fur; it's as if Dixie's hair is more of an extension of her fur with a prominent yellow color while her fur is more on the brown side but still has the yellow tone. This kinda blurs the line between what her fur is and what her hair is--which I like Retro for making this, and while it may be a matter of taste, I wish Smashified did something similar. Other than this I think it's a good render; the music was great for blending not only K.Rool Returns, Jib Jig and the Boss Theme of DKC2, but also Aqueduct Assault from Tropical Freeze. Good stuff overall, and while not "perfect" (subjective I know right?) I'm happy with it.

And now that I've critiqued someone else's art, I'd like to open myself to criticism and show yet another idea, likely the last before Oct 3 comes and goes. Let's begin:

Forward Special: Sound Blast

Dixie takes out her guitar from Tropical Freeze and strikes with a wave of sound! Simply press the input and you'll get a small wave, but smash the input like Samus's Missiles to get a wave like the one above. The closer the opponent is to the guitar itself, the stronger the strike--it's like when you put your ears too close to a microphone, only weaponized in this case.

The result can be deafening, but the wave isn't far-reaching even when pressed with force. It travels almost as far as the starbits from Rosalina's Luma Shot, and those that are hit by the wave are pushed away and may be stunned, depending on how close they were to the instrument. When it comes to damage, it's laughable, but the real power comes from the knockback--which isn't spectacular, but very reliable for pushing people away--as well as the hitstun, which really kicks in for those who get too close. The most potent blast comes from the inner blue circle--those hit by that will be pushed through the entire wave and paralyzed at the same time, about as long as a fully charged shot from Zero Suit Samus. That will no doubt give Dixie time to hit you or catch with her Neutral Special, which is a grab, so be careful. Luckily though, that only applies to those caught in a full blast; if you're only caught in the outer wave of a full blast you'll be stunned for a second and still be pushed back, and if you're hit with a regular blast you'll be moved back without any hitstun.

This move is mainly defensive, meant to teach close-quarter opponents about personal space and allow Dixie to unleash some mean hair attacks. Those at the edge of the wave won't be feeling the strength of this strike, and while the inner circle isn't deadly like Jigglypuff's Down B or Luigi's Up B, it's still a potent force.

That's the concept for the Forward Special. I wanted her to use her guitar but I wasn't sure which one at first. DKC2's is nostalgic but I like DKCTF's more so I used that, and as a musical instrument attack I looked at DK64, Jungle Beat, DK's Final Smash and Barbara's AT for inspiration. I wanted it to be like a depowered version of DK's and focus on one direction as well as be defensive. I also colored it in a way that separates it from the latter 2's sound attacks. This is likely to be the only Special I can show you guys in time however--I might have Squawks ready but I doubt it. I'll still finish what's left but as these threads might get locked after Oct 3rd, I'll probably upload these somewhere else. Hope you guys and gals like the drawing!

Pummel and Throws:

While holding her victim, Dixie spins her hair and smacks them twice with it. Each input yields 2 quick strikes that do 1-2% of damage per hit, so in the best case scenario you'll get 4% damage for one input or 2% for the worst case. This pummel has 1.7 seconds worth of ending lag however, meaning that while the strikes are quick and have fluctuating percentages, the move itself is hard to abuse and unreliable for racking up damage. But hey, it IS a pummel after all and not meant to do as much damage as her throws.

That's one idea for a pummel; hope y'all like, but if you're not too crazy about the idea I have another:

Alternate Grab Pummel

Here Dixie takes a more traditional approach, in which she knees her foe whilst they remain in her grasp. There's far less ending lag in this one--about 0.9 seconds in this case, and she usually gives 0-3% damage per each singular strike. The chances for each percentage is random.

Since she's using her knees here I drew her with kneepads, but like my signature it's kinda hard to spot in this one. The 1st pummel is my favorite of the 2 but I can't deny the 2nd was sketched better. You guys are free to pick whichever you like more though (if you like either to begin with XD); I'm all about choices ATM.

Now onto a throw!
Alrighty everyone. The final month of the ballot is upon us and within the 1st week of October, Sakurai will close the floodgates. In the time between then and now I'll be finishing up my moveset concepts for the girl with the whirl, hopefully inspiring everyone and reinforcing the fact that Dixie HAS potential to be unique.

Before I begin, I gotta warn y'all now: this is the largest post I've ever made. If many of you find this to take up an annoyingly huge amount of space, just tell me and I'll wrap collapse tags around it. Let's start.

Forward Throw:
So, y'all may have noticed that in my moveset, Dixie grabs with her hands, not her hair. Weird right? That doesn't make sense; why have her do that?? Using her hands over hair seems like a missed oppurtunity--one that's too iconic for her to pass up, right? Well it would be, if her Neutral Special didn't have it covered, and that's a topic I'm saving for later. For now, let me show you what happens when you throw enemies forward.

Ready for one last demonstration, Sandbag? Good, 'cuz when Dixie throws someone forward, you get her:
Cargo Grab:

After pressing forward while holding a foe, Dixie tosses and rolls them onto her ponytail and wraps it around them tightly. Man, Sandbag's in for it now...

With her victim snugly squeezed, the blonde kong is able to walk around with them, like DK but with her own differences. For one, she walks on all fours so she doesn't sacrifice speed, but her jump height depends on the weight of her victim. She's a middleweight, so characters lighter than her barely affect her jumps, but those with more weight than her do. Heavy fighters put a noticeable dent in this, and Super Heavyweights like Bowser and DK ensure she barely leaves the ground at all, reducing her to short-hop heights at best. She can't even jump if carrying a Metal Bowser. Her speed remains unaffected though, and her Cargo Carry's faster than DK's equivalent.

So, we know what happens when Dixie uses her Cargo Grab, but what about her Cargo Throws? Let's start with her Forward:
Cargo Forward: Cruel Catapult

As the name implies, Dixie effortlessly shifts her body forward and catapults her victim. The strength behind it is reliable, but not a guaranteed killer.
Cargo Down: Hair-Hamma Slamma

Dixie slams her foe down HARD. They bounce up with intensity, as this move is actually stronger than her regular Down Throw. There's no fire involved, I just got carried away with the ink.

Something about the name of the throw reminds me of that DKC cartoon...
Cargo Back: The Bucking Back Kick

Dixie rolls her foes of the tip of her hair and nails them with a mean back kick, like a wily horse unseating its rider. It's only a tad stronger than her standard back throw, but it has less knockback.
Cargo Up: Hair Hurl

Lastly, Dixie uses her hair to swing victims upward at a curved arc. It's far less powerful than her normal up throw, and the trajectory is less vertical than its counterpart too.

The Throws are finished and Sandbag can finally rest. I wanna extend a huge congrats to it for putting up with not 4 but 7 demonstrations as well as one massive thank you! Oddly enough, Dixie has a total of 12 throws in my moveset--more than any fighter ever. She has the potential to be a grapple-oriented fighter, the likes of which Smash has never seen, and it's all thanks to that huge arm growing out the back of her head. I've shown 8 (all these plus her Down Air) of her throws, the last 4 will be shown later, and each of them are very Special. Thankfully Sandbag won't be demonstrating, and what's even better, is that the next entry won't be as humongous as this. Hope y'all enjoyed this set, and keep the Dixie hype alive!

After holding onto an enemy, Dixie casually tosses them behind her in a small arc. There's not much force behind it honestly and it seems weak...until she swiftly follows up with a flip kick and launches them like a beach ball! The throw turns out to be more powerful than it seemed at first, as the kick gives the extra oomph needed to be a dangerous move. Foes are launched a good distance and while it's not insanely powerful, the right percentages will grant a satisfying KO.

And here's the layout. From Point 1 to Point 2 Dixie casually tosses the foe, doing 2-5% damage. She uses her hair as a balancing agent and flips back immediately, kicking the victim as you can see at P3. Here, the main portion of the attack's power is given, inflicting percentages that are higher than P2's initial toss and launching the enemy. Dixie continues the momentum she created to swing to P4 where her part in the throw ends and she gets ready to return to her neutral position.

The idea is a 2-hit throw in which Dixie flipkicks with the grace of a gymnastic fighter in a swift arc. Slightly elaborate but fast to perform. Good knockback, and KO worthy at the right thresholds. I hope y'all like, and I'd like to give a special thanks to the Sandbag. Most people wouldn't make a guest appearance in moveset ideas just to get wailed on, so mad props to it! Unfortunately for it, we have more..."demonstrations" coming... :grin:
Up Throw: Bubblegun Blast

Dixie whips out her Bubblegum Popgun, modified by Funky for Smash, to blast foes away. Instead of firing a gumball, Dixie's gun inflates a wad of gum until it's ready to pop, and it's helped along by her victim. The gum's explosion is strong, and sounds a lot like when you lose a life in the original DKC. The sound of those balloons popping back in the day was painful for a kid y'know...but MUCH more for whoever's receiving this.

Dixie starts the move by crouching and pulling her foe's face with her, as you can see at Point 2. If you look closely you'll see a wicked grin on her face; perhaps she knows what kind of pain her victim will receive? Anyway, at Point 3 Dixie springs up and tosses her enemy above with standard force. She keeps her hands up, and while transitioning to Point 4 her gun appears in a puff of smoke, like most hammerspace items in the original trilogy. At P4 the gun's out and she charges it while the gum inflates; at the same time, the foe's falling down with no choice but to land on the sphere of gum. Once they make contact, the pressurized gum combined with the weight of the victim and the speed of their fall result in the explosion, blasting them away as you can see at Point 5.

The knockback behind the blast makes her Up Throw the strongest of her traditional throws, and it works slightly better on heavier characters. They make the pop stronger, but since they fall faster to begin with the transition from P4 to P5 will be quicker, compared to lighter characters who don't impact the gum bubble as strongly as heavyweights. Also, this is the only time she uses the gun in my moveset--a shame too, since this could make a good Alternate Up Smash. Ah well, maybe it'll inspire someone else to imagine some uses for it in their moveset.

With her Up, Down and Back throws out the way, looks like the Sandbag has to endure one more demonstration before it can finally call it quits. That is, unless Dixie's Forward Throw works a lot like DK's...

As she clenches her opponent tightly, Dixie uses her hair as a balancing agent then leaps into the air with her victim and crashes into the ground--all while using her foe to cushion her own landing! I've combined elements of her Up Smash and Down Special to create this throw; it's not too fancy but it feels pretty sweet to do this to someone.

And here's the layout. The Sandbag has graciously agreed to be part of the demonstration--I'm so glad it's fine with being the throw victim for any hypothetical moves! So nice of it! Anyway, as you can see Dixie rolls back, launches, crashes down with the foe then happily jumps off them. They're unwillingly taken for a ride like how Kirby and Metaknight treat their opponents, but Dixie's trajectory isn't nearly as high as theirs. Also, I wasn't sure if the victim should be bounced opposite of Dixie as she jumps off or even if she'll jump forward or backward after, so I'll leave that to the imagination.

I came up with special moves for Dixie & Kiddy... I made some gifs to illustrate how the character dances in my mind.

B: Kong Slap

Let's pretend that Donkey is Kiddy and Dixie is on Kiddy's back in this gif. When the player holds down the B button, Kiddy starts slapping the ground much like Donkey Kong's Down+B move.

But when Kirby inhales Dixie & Kiddy, he wears Dixie's hat and hair... and when Kirby uses this move, he slaps the ground with the hair much like what Dixie does in this gif.

Side+B: Kong Roll

Let's pretend that Donkey is Kiddy in this gif. When the player uses this move, Kiddy starts rolling along the stage and Dixie balances herself on top of Kiddy. The player cannot use this move the same way one would with Yoshi's Egg Roll move because the duo can only go forward, not back and forth willy-nilly. Pushing the control stick in the opposite direction will only make them stop rolling.

Let's pretend that Dixie is balancing atop the rolling Kiddy in this gif. Anyway, the player can make the duo skip while rolling like this by pressing the B button. This could be useful for attacking opponents who might try to jump over them.

Up+B: Kong Toss

Kiddy throws Dixie upward. Don't worry about Kiddy... just make sure Dixie recovers! When Dixie successfully recovers back to the stage, Kiddy will automatically float up toward Dixie.

I repeat, don't worry about Kiddy. Yes, it is visually similar to Ice Climbers' Up+B move but it functions more like Bowser Jr.'s Up+B move. So what if Kiddy falls off-screen... Dixie will just break a DK Barrel that appears out of thin air the moment Kiddy falls off-screen and she is back on Kiddy's back.

This way, Dixie & Kiddy are always together like Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. and his Koopa Clown Car and not easily separated like Ice Climbers. No need for AI for Kiddy like Nana.

Down+B: Kong Pound
Dixie and Kiddy switch places. Dixie throws Kiddy up in the air. Kiddy lands on the ground hard to cause small earthquakes and bury enemies (if Kiddy lands on them).

Don't worry if Dixie throws Kiddy off the stage. A DK Barrel will appear in front of Dixie and it will immediately break... and Dixie is suddenly on Kiddy's back again. Well, why not? The Koopa Clown Car appears from thin air when Bowser Jr. ejects himself from it and lands on the stage.

Double Jump (press the jump button again while jumping)

Again, let's pretend that Donkey is Kiddy in this gif. Dixie carries Kiddy as she propels her hair.

Float (hold down the jump button while jumping)

It functions like Peach's floating jump except it descents slowly. Use this as a horizontal recovery... but if the duo are still below the stage after floating, quickly use Up+B to have Kiddy throw Dixie.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Bowser Lick's Moveset]Dixie Kong

Innate ability: Like Peach the jump button can be held. If this happens, Dixie will descend slower while twirling her hair and gain the ability to move back and forth.

Specials

Up B Squawks: Appears above in a burst of feathers and grabs Dixie's pony tail. There is a small vertical jolt when the parrot seizes her hair. Squawks can then navigate freely. A press of A will have him shoot out a nut from his mouth. Eventually he will let go and fly away or a press of the jump button will have Dixie freefall away from his talons.

Down B Bubble Gum (inspired by Shorties Dixie Kong moveset): Holding Down B will cause Dixie to blow a pink bubble which swells and slowly raises Dixie Kong off the ground. A release of Down B will cause the bubble gum to fly off in a descending arc. Anyone hit with it will pop up as it explodes, but if it collides with a wall or floor the gum will become a sticky puddle. An enemy that collides with it will become temporarily stuck.

The puddle eventually disappears over time or if Dixie uses another bubble.

Toward B Barrel roll: Dixie flips upside down and during the rotation grabs a DK barrel out of hammer space and runs in place on top of it. The longer she goes in one direction, the faster the barrel rolls.

Can change direction if the barrel is not going too fast, otherwise she can tumble off. The barrel will smash if it collides with a wall or character. Dixie can jump off. Though it is slower to execute if the barrel is going fast. A clever Dixie can slow down the speed of the barrel by slowly going one way then another, then jumping off. The barrel will be stationary and become an item she can pick up.

In the air, Dixie gains a bit of a pop as she takes the barrel out and runs on top of it. But she cannot jump off until she hits the ground. Barrel can bounce.

B Hair Grab: Dixie swings her hair hair back and then forward when it becomes a grab. When the tip connects with the foe, the hair wraps around the enemy.

Aerial: Constricts immediately and pops the enemy upwards.

Ground: Wraps around enemy and then unwinds sending the enemy forward as he or she twirls really fast. The enemy gains control of the movement as momentum wanes down. The higher the percentage, the faster and longer the spin. The enemy cannot jump or perform moves.

Attacks

A: Pivots her hips forward to deliver a butt attack. Good bounce.

Tilt A: Supports her body with a one hand, as she kicks forward with both feet and then slinks back into a stand position

Crouch: Low on all fours with her head tilted and her long pony tail laying on the floor trailing parallel to her body.

Down A: Swishes her pony tail forward low on the floor. The tip pushes away, the middle pops the enemy, and the base can trip if hit just right

Up A: Supports her body with a curved pony tail, leans back, and performs a back flip with one leg extra extended. Big hitbox, but comes with lag.

Dash A: Performs a grounded helicopter pony tail attack.

Up Smash: Looks at screen and head bangs once shooting her pony tail straight up. Knocks opponents away and the tip can grab them, pulling them back to the stage to bounce off the floor.

Down Smash (inspired by BirthNote's drawing): Jolts her neck to the side and slaps her ponytail hard against the floor behind her, then jolts her neck to the other side slapping the floor once more with her ponytail. Good clear move and could KO at higher percentages

Forward Smash: Spins her hair behind her like a giant blond fan propelling her toward the enemy as she swings an accelerated punch. Goes far with decent power.

Aerial Attacks

Forward Aerial: Leans back and does a succession of bicycle kicks (five total kicks, last hits the hardest)

Down Aerial: Looks at screen and slaps downward with both open palms, which leads into a somersault and another double open palm slap

Up Aerial: Flips upside down, holds her beret with both hands, scrunches like a spring and kicks straight up

Back Aerial: Locks hands together forming a hammerfist and flips backwards smashing her interlocked hands on the opponent's head. Hits down and away. Reverse DK forward aerial. But less powerful.

Neutral Aerial: Split in the air

Throws

Grab: Grabs with hands. Open grab she jumps on opponent's head and wraps her hair around their body.

Jab: Pounds a fist on their head

Forward throw: Starts wildly slapping their head. Can control the opponent's movement at this point by moving them forward or backwards. At the end, Dixie is shrugged off into the air by opponent.

Down Throw: Dixie leaps into the air, her hair (still wrapped around the enemy) pulls her body back down, crashing onto the opponent's head sending them into the floor

Back Throw: Jumps off in front of opponent and hoists them above her head (like how she holds a barrel) and then tosses them. KO potential.

Up Throw: Flips off opponent and hoists them straight upwards with her ponytail before releasing.
(ranked between S-F, S being the best & F being terrible)​

Overall Strength: D

Size: B

Weight: E

Dash Speed: B

Traction: C

Basic Attack Speed: C

Basic Attack Range: B

Jumps: B

Aerial Mobility: D

Overall Recovery: B

Grab Range: B

Note: She can crawl, wall jump, & wall cling

Pros & Cons

+ She has great ground game

+ Her ponytail is great for recovering & attacking

+ She has strong throws

- She is among the lightest characters

- Her aerial game lacking due to her poor air mobility & weak aerial attacks

Notable Animations

Entrance

Pops out of a DK Barrel

Fighting Stance

She chews gum & blows a bubble (DKC2 & 3)

She will occasionally pop that bubble (DKC3 tag-in)

She will occasionally do a quick back-flip

Taunt 1

Diddy tag-in; the animation is the same as DKC2

Taunt 2

Faces the screen & waves her arms cheerfully (Donkey Kong Barrel Blast)

Taunt 3

Takes out her guitar & jams on it (DKC2)

Taunt 4

Does two fast back-flips & faces the screen

Victory Pose 1

Dixie plays her guitar & Diddy raps with a stereo on his shoulder; both play in tune with the victory music (DKC2)

Victory Pose 2

Diddy throws Dixie in the air & spins around putting his hands in the air; Dixie then lands on Diddy's hands & she claps for the rest of the animation

Victory Pose 3

The team do a hand slap/shake combo then they both pose in a celebrated fashion facing the screen

Special Victory

On rare occasions, Victory Pose 2 will go wrong & Dixie won't fall back down; Diddy Kong will take off his hat, look upwards, puzzled, & he scratches his head for the rest of the animation

Loser Pose

Her loser pose could be her crying (Like in DKC2 & 3)

100% Tired Fighting Stance

She is sleepy & nodding off, waking up occasionally

Stamina Mode Fainting Animation

Runs off the screen like in DKC games

Specials

Neutral Special: Feather Crossbow

Tiny Kong's weapon in DK64. Dixie can shoot feathers quickly but it is rather weak. You can compare this attack to Fox's gun. Her attack isn't as fast as Fox's & it causes opponents to flinch. Rapidly pressing B in a sequence, without pausing, allows Dixie Kong to continually shoot feathers. Each feather hit is less than 1% damage. She will have to take a break after shooting about 10 feathers & recharge for about 5-7 seconds.

Side Special: Monkey Toss

Diddy Kong will quickly jump onto Dixie Kong's shoulders. During this phase Dixie Kong can walk around & hop at a short height. Shielding will will cause Diddy to jump off Dixie's shoulders & continue like he was in the background. When you press the A button, Dixie Kong will throw Diddy Kong & he will preform a kick. When you press the B button, Diddy Kong will jump & latch onto the opponent. You will then be able to attack the restrained foe with Dixie Kong. If you press the B button while Diddy is latched onto the foe, he will hand-slap when he is on the ground or jump off the foe if in the air. The more damage the foe has, the less time Diddy Kong is latched onto them; the foe can try to free themselves by quickly pressing buttons. The damage & knock-back is also the same as Brawl's, the kick is 10% with very low knock-back, the hand attack is 15% with low knock-back, & the jump off attack is 10% with medium downward knock-back. Be careful when throwing Diddy Kong off the stage, he can be lost; & he will only come back when you lose a stock. If the toss misses the enemy, Diddy Kong will go into an animation like the one in DKC2 where he is laying on the ground confused, he can be recovered when you walk past him.

Side Special: Wild Move (if not teamed with Diddy Kong)

This attack's weapon is featured in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. Dixie Kong launches forward with her rocket bongos in a fiery blast. The distance is about a little less than half the size of Final Destination. Being hit by this attack will cause you to receive fire damage & be quickly knock-backed at an upwards angle. If Dixie Kong is hit during this attack her bongos will explode causing damage to her & those around her. The priority of this attack is impressive, only strong attacks such as Falcon Punches, fire-based attacks, & some Smash Attacks will interrupt the attack; but in doing so will cause the explosion. When the attack is used in the air it will move at a downward angle & end in a helpless falling state. The attack damage is between 12-15% with low to medium knock-back. The explosion is between 20-25% with very high knock-back. Dixie Kong takes 12% damage & low knock-back.

Up Special: Ponytail Twirl

Special originated from DKC2. Dixie Kong spins her ponytail around like a helicopter enabling her to fly. Dixie Kong has great movement in the air during this special. You can control her movement with the control stick by tilting it in any direction. When you tilt it to the side or down, Dixie Kong will correspond quickly. If you tilt it upwards, she will slow down some & consume more of the time duration. Opponents can be damaged by the top & sides of her hair spin receiving about 3% with each hit with minimal knock-back. The special can be canceled by another attack or by shielding. It will not be usable again until she hits the ground. Dixie Kong is also vulnerable to gimps while she is flying. If she is hit, Dixie will stop spinning he hair & start to fall, after a short time she can attempt to use her recovery again. Near the end of the special, Dixie Kong will become tired & eventually fall into a helpless animation. The duration is about 7 seconds. When used on the ground, the special will act like an uncharged spin-attack & hit enemies multiple times for up to 4 hits.

Down Special: Cannon Shot

Special originates from Mario Hoops 3-on-3. A barrel cannon appears behind Dixie & she back-flips onto it. Shielding will cause Dixie to cancel the attack & jump off the barrel. Pressing the B or A button causes Dixie to shoot fruit in a red explosion followed by a burst of confetti out of the barrel. She can shoot up to 3 shots at a time before jumping off the barrel. She can only angle the cannon directly in front, at an upwards angle, or at a downwards angle. She can randomly fire 3 fruits: bananas (4% damage), pineapples (8% damage), & watermelons (12% damage). Bananas have minimal knock-back, pineapples have low to medium knock-back & watermelons have high knock-back & can cause a spike. Bananas that hit an obstacle will leave a peel behind. The duration of this attack can last anywhere between 3-10 seconds based on how long it will take for shots to be fired. When Dixie Kong uses this special in the air, she quickly summons the barrel & shoots once directly below.

Standards

A

A quick slap with one hand; causes a flinch & 2% damage

A (Hold)

Continues slapping until she hits something

AA

Slaps with the other hand; causes a flinch & 2% damage

AAA

Quickly spins around & hits with her hair; very low knock-back & 5% damage

Dash

Spins forward with her hair. Up to 3 hits for a total of 11% damage & low vertical knock-back (DKC2 & 3)

Side Tilt

Places both hands on the ground & swings her legs forward. A strong tilt, but somewhat slow. Getting hit by Dixie's body or legs will do 10% & low knock-back & being hit by her feet will do 14% & medium to high knock-back

Up Tilt

A decently fast head-butt. Doing 8% & low knock-back

Down Tilt

Spins around & kicks with her foot doing 4% damage & causes a flinch; this attack has a chance of a trip

Smashes

Side Smash

Dixie slams her guitar it in front of her like a mallet. A strong but slow smash. Charged 27% with high vertical knock-back & uncharged18% with medium vertical knock-back

Up Smash

Jumps up & does a fast back flip, hitting with her foot. Charged 20% with medium to high knock-back & uncharged15% with low knock-back

Down Smash

Spins around really fast with her hair stretched out hitting multiple times. Charged 18% with medium knock-back & uncharged14% with low knock-back

Aerials

Nair

Spins around, hitting with her ponytail. Has low knock-back & damage is 7%

Fair

Quickly slaps with one hand. A weak attack doing 4% damage & minimal knock-back

Bair

Does a backflip followed by a kick with her foot. Does 10% damage & medium downward knock-back

Uair

Does a headbutt followed by a hit with her ponytail for a two-hit attack. Knock-back is low & the damage is 8% total

Dair

Does a “ballerina” type spin with her legs crossed, similar to the number 4, hitting multiple times with her foot. Knock-back is very low & damage ranges from 8-10%

Zair

Dixie grabs the opponent with her ponytail & quickly throws them at the angle of the control stick. Damage is 12% & knock-back is low to medium

Throws

Grab

Grabs with her hair & holds them in front of her. The grab lag isn't that bad even though it is a long-ranged grab.

Pummel

Rapidly slaps at opponent with both hands doing about 1% damage with each hit.

Forward Throw

Throws opponent forward like animation in DKC2. She throws the opponent in a straight path with her ponytail, doing about 13% with medium to high knock-back.

Back Throw

Spins around once then flings the opponent backward doing 5% damage upon throw then causes them to hit & bounce off the ground doing 6% damage. Thisthrow has a set low knock-back.

Up Throw

Jumps up & throws opponent above. Not her best throw doing only 9% & low knock-back.

Down Throw

Jumps up & slams opponent on the ground causing them to bounce up doing 11% & medium knock-back.

Final Smash: Barrel Blast

A spinning barrel appears & Dixie jumps in it. Aim carefully at an opponent & press a button to quickly blast bananas. Occasionally bananas cause foes to trip. The second to last bullet will be Kiddy Kong. After a hit or miss, he waves & goes off screen. Then aim again & blast Dixie at your foe. The final smash ends afterward. Dixie & Kiddy Kong take a little longer to shoot than bananas. The duration is about 10 seconds. Bananas do 4% damage with minimal knock-back & Kiddy & Dixie Kong do about 30% damage with very high knock-back.

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.​

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)[/collapse]
[collapse=Venus of the Desert Bloom's Move Set]
Specials

Neutral B - Vine Lasso is Dixie's Neutral B special move. Dixie pulls out a vine lasso and starts twirling it above her head. Simply pressing B will cause Dixie to chuck the lasso a short distance. However, holding down B and charging it will cause Dixie to throw the lasso farther. If it hits the opponent, they will become stuck in the lasso and stunned for 6 seconds, no matter how much it is charged. In the air, the stun will last 5 seconds. Moving the the control stick and pressing the attack button may quicken the time. Dixie can also use this to latch onto the side of the stage. The lasso itself does no damage but it can be set up for combos. When Kirby copies this ability, he cannot tether onto the side of the stage.

Side B - Spinning Hair Top is Dixie's Side B special move. Dixie rushes forward while spinning in a circle for 3 rotations. Her ponytail is spread out hitting the opponent each rotation. The attack does 5% damage per hit for a total of 15% damage. It also be used as a recovery move since Dixie moves forward in the air. However, it is slower in the air and doesn't gain that much distance but it still a decent recovery move. She can't double jump out of it but she can wall jump if she gets near a ledge.

Up B - Hair a'Copter is Dixie's Up B recovery special move. Dixie jumps high in the air much like Peach's Recovery move in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, she begins spinning in the air and slowly falls to the stage while spinning. Each rotation does 1% damage and she does between 6-10 rotations. This is one of the of the best recovery moves in SSB4 because of it's long range and combo ability. She goes into a helpless state if hit from the air during this unless she gets near to a wall in which she can wall jump out of it.
Down B - Orange Grenade is Dixie's Down B special move. Dixie takes out a orange grenade and tosses it across the stage. Holding down B will change how far the orange grenade is thrown. If it will explode if it hits something on impact. The grenade lasts for 4 seconds after thrown and will explode. Holding down B doesn't change how big or damaging the explosion is. While in the air, Dixie slightly jumps up in the air while chucking the grenade downwards. This gives her a slightly higher boost. She can then do a double jump or a recovery move. The boost in the air is very small but can help her grab onto a ledge.

Final Smash - Cannon Shot is Dixie's Final Smash. A cannon barrel falls to the ground and onto Dixie Kong. It then takes aim, charges dramatically, and then fires Dixie Kong into opponents. It does 73% damage with high knock back but, the only problem is if the cannon shot misses, Dixie falls into a helpless state so it's best to hit your opponents since this stops her movement and the fall to her death. It can also be used as a recovery move.

Proposed Dixie Kong Move Set

Ground attacks

Normal

Neutral Attack - Dixie Kong slaps once, then twice, and then swings around and starts slapping the opponent with her ponytail. Each attack does 1% damage while the repeated ponytail attack does 1% damage each hit.

Dash Attack - A spinning ponytail spin. Hits the opponent once for a good knock back. Does 6% damage. Very little ending lag. It can be combo'd shortly afterward.

Strong Side - Round house kick. Hits once and does 9% damage with a little starting lag but little ending lag. Below-average knock back.

Strong Up - Claps above her, much like DK's Up Smash. Slow start up lag but can easily be combo'd after. Does 5% damage. It does below-average horizontal knock back.

Strong Down- Does a grounded spinning kick. It does 5% damage one hit and 3% behind her for a total of 8% damage. Slow ending lag. It launches a opponent horizontally if hit on the side of the stage while hanging.

Smash

Side Smash - Spins back and slaps the opponent with her ponytail twice. Each slap does 7% damage uncharged, 9% fully charged for a total of 14% to 18% if fully charged. Decent knock back.

Up Smash - Swings her ponytail over her head in a wide arc. Little ending lag and has a wide range of attack and a long reach. It does 10% uncharged and 22% fully charged. High vertical knock back.

Down Smash - A unique attack where she punches the opponent stuns, and then stands on her hands quickly and kicks the opponent up in the air. A little lag and does 14% damage uncharged and 26% damage charged. This is her strongest smash attack.

Other

Ledge Attack - Launches herself up and spins in the air with her leg out. Does 6% damage. It has little knock back but it can be combo'd afterward.

100% Ledge Attack - Climbs up and sweeps the opponents legs from underneath them. Does 8% damage. No ending lag.

Floor Attack - Gets up and spins her ponytail in a circle. Very quick. Does 4% damage and a horizontal knock back.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial - Spins around and stretches out her ponytail for an attack that does 6% damage. It has very little knock back but no landing lag at all.

Forward Aerial - Swings around and smashes her hand against the opponent. One of her stronger aerials and it does 12% damage. However, if it connects at Dixie's shoulder or middle of the arm, it only does 10% damage. Moderate knock back ability.

Back Aerial - Does a drop kick and then starts spinning for a drill-like affect . A bair that has a good amount of knock back potential. It does 4% damage for each hit for a total of 14% damage. A little ending lag after finishing.

Up Aerial - Overhead Flip Kick. Decent knockback, fairly fast.

Down Aerial - Turns upside and thrusts her ponytail downwards. Quite possibly one her stronger attacks. It is a meteor smash only when the tip of her ponytail connects with the opponent. It does 10% if not a meteor smash, 15% if meteor smashed.

Grabs and Throws

Grab - Dixie Kong grabs with her ponytail.

Pummel - Squeezes the opponent with her pony tail strength. It does 3% damage each time.

Forward Throw - Crunches them in her hair and then chucks opponents forward. Does 7% damage with high knock back potential.

Back Throw - Slams them on the ground in front of her with her hair and then tosses the opponent behind her. The first slam does 6% damage and the toss does 2% damage for a total of 8% damage total.

Up Throw - Takes the opponent and chucks them high into the air with her hair. It does 12% damage and is her strongest throw. Good KO potential and vertical knock back.

Down Throw - Jumps up int he air and then slams the opponent down using her hair. It does 10% damage overall. The opponent bounces back up to Dixie allowing her to combo into the throw.

Recolors/Costumes/ETC

Look what I found! Official recolors for Dixie from the games...

Default Color / Red Team Color (pink clothes, blond hair)

Blue Team Color (blue clothes, red hair from DK: King of Swing)

Green Team Color (green clothes, purple hair from DK: King of Swing)

Reversed Colors (yellow clothes, pink hair from DK: King of Swing)

Purple Color (purple clothes, red hair from DKC2)

Sepia Color (brown clothes, sepia hair from DKL3)

Trophy Descriptions: What Sakurai Has Said About Her

Melee:
"More than just Diddy Kong's girlfriend, Dixie Kong is also a fearless adventurer and a reliable team player. She earned her wings helping Diddy rescue Donkey Kong from the clutches of King K. Rool. Dixie's amazingly quick and nimble, and she's even able to twirl her ponytail in order to float slowly through the air."

Brawl:
"Diddy Kong's cutie of a girlfriend with an adorable blond ponytail. That ponytail is hardly for show--it helps propel her through the air for extended hang time and is indispensable for spin-attacking enemies and lifting barrels. Watch out--Dixie packs more power than you might imagine!"

Smash Wii U/3DS:
"Diddy Kong's girlfriend. She loves to adventure with him. Her ponytail isn't just for show--she can use it to swim faster, soar in the sky, and even lift barrels! With hair that does all that, you can bet she takes good care of it!"

A Closing Word

Any and all discussion concerning Dixie is welcomed, but please be respectful towards members. While negative feedback is welcomed, any type of disrespectful or rude behavior won't be tolerated, so please keep that in mind when discussing. Also, please keep the discussion on track so we can avoid unnecessary rabbit holes. However, discussion of the Donkey Kong series is welcomed, as well as Dixie's role within the Smash universe.

I don't have a creative or witty name for those who support Dixie Kong, but if you are interested in being added to the supporter list, either PM me or post in the thread that you want to be added, and I will do so.

One more thing: let's try to avoid any Dixie vs. K. Rool debates if we can help it; they almost never turn out well.

Now, with that out of the way, let's show Dixie Kong our support, and let's discuss!

Visit Our Website!
http://dixie4smash.wix.com/votedixie
(site created by @VeemonTamer)

Supporters (113 and counting)

Please PM me or post in the thread if you would like to be a Dixie Kong Supporter!

Venus of the Desert Bloom
Shortiecanbrawl
yani
MelMoe
SethTheMage
Sonicguy726
BluePikmin11
Arcadenik
smashkirby
TumblrFamous
Radical Beam
Aurora Jenny
Banjodorf
BridgesWithTurtles
Oz37
Brawler610
andimidna
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
Guybrush20X6
Xenoblaze
Young Horsetail
Diddy Kong
SmashShadow
AltaisReila
Really Shy Guy
Kevandre
Koopaul
skaaaa
PolarisJunkie
TheMysterious2634
pikachugamer21
GmanSir
SeatreasureReturned
New_Dumal
Princess Toady
Vickand
smashkirby
ihskeyp
a Link to the Forums
Lizardon
BirthNote
DukeNapoleon
FalKoopa
Bebe Mignon
TCRhade
Skyfox2000
SpaceJell0
Jave
WeirdChillFever
Oracle_Summon
Dre.
YoshiandToad
.:~*Momo*~:.
Kremling Klansman
Empty Number
Skorm Snow-Strider
BravadoMan_13
GM_3826
Red Krockhead
Bumbalobob
IVIr.G
Juliusaurus
toadster101
Afrodude
Justin Little
iam8bit
tomvoxx
Parallel_Falchion
Toadallstar2
Krayon Kaphonie
CrusherMania1592
wizardto1
Smashbro596
Xzsmmc
Rie Sonomura
Awesomedude4444
Kevandre
jaeohjae
Chase
BobEugCox
Laniv
Blue Ninjakoopa
StormC
FinalStarmen
AwesomeCauliflower68
WhiteEaglePL
SonoUnProcione
Derpies
TeckMajik
Crabman
Rockaphin
darren liboratious
Asian_Chariard
VeemonTamer
xWolfiex
DixieJiggly
SuperiorYoshi87
Sari
Jetmann
The Novice Sword
oni333
Speedwagon
smashtriforce77
CormyCat
Wolley2xjd
Babycowland
Nintenzilla
Crimson23
Spatman
Formaldehyde
rdg121183
Kiseki~
EliteXit

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yesss, I was waiting for this thread to sprout up. Dixie Kong is definitely one of the characters I really want to see playable. She doesn't have too much standing in her way either, which is nice.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The vine lasso seems to be a bit weird. I would've imagined more of a hair whip, but I guess that's what her Forward Smash is for. Otherwise, I agree with the moveset, though one thing I don't understand is why she's put into a helpless state when attacked out of her Hair A'copter, as it would mean she could potentially be gimped to hell if facing a character with a great aerial game, like Meta Knight, who can Shuttle Loop her, knocking her far away from the stage, and there's nothing Dixie can do to get back on, seeing as she's helpless and can't use any B moves, including her Hair A'copter to try and recover again.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Shortiecanbrawl said:
She doesn't have too much standing in her way either
Dixie unfortunately has to compete with the likes of K. Rool. Roster space is quite competetive - we could potentially get a roster of only 45, and it's 50 at best. We won't be getting 4 DK reps.

Dixie has been irrelevant since her titular game - in DK64, she was replaced by a clone of herself. Dixie can't turn small, you say? Well, I don't recall DK being able to become invincible in the past either. . .After DKC3, all Dixie was ever in was spin-offs, while K. Rool remained as the main villain in every major title (He has a better track record than either DK or Diddy). Yes, he wasn't in the likes of Jungle Beat or DKCR, but nor was anyone else, unless we're going to start arguing for Tiki Tong as playable.

K. Rool has more moveset potential than just about anyone (Not to insult your moveset, it's actually one of the better ones I've seen on here), and fan demand is consistently much higher for him than Dixie.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13983124&postcount=577

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
1st: Geno (164)
2nd: Waluigi (155)
3rd: King K. Rool (141)
4th: Toad (113)
5th: Captain Syrup (112)
6th: Isaac (109)
7th: Mewtwo (94)
8th: Ridley (52)
9th Mega Man (51)
10th: Paper Mario (46)
11th: Lip (35)
12th: Roy (34)
13th: Waddle/Bandanna Dee (22)
14th: Starfy (22)
15th: Palutena (20)
16th: Little Mac (14)
17th: Medusa (10)
18th: Pichu (7)
19th Victini (7)
20th: Saki Amamiya (6)
The main argument Dixie Kong has is that she was in the forbidden 7 and thus Sakurai considered her at some point. However, she was considered as part of a tag-team with Diddy Kong.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12889473&postcount=1

In the latest Famitsu […] Sakurai is interviewed specifically about the newcomers […] and mentioned that originally Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were meant to be a pair character that tagged between each other, but the plan was changed due to difficulties encountered.
Dixie Kong was never intended to be her own character. She was intended to be a Nana to Diddy Kong (And yes, Nana does have her own data in the files). Dixie Kong is not notable/important enough to warrant her own character slot, and Diddy Kong's moveset is pretty rock solid with the addition of Bananas for the Down Special.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes, this girl right here is one of the most biggest expectations to be in Sm4sh. DKC3 was my first game and boy, that game was just FANTASTIC.nnot to mention it feels so home due it's Scandinavia-like world: I live in Finland, so.

Anyway, I wish she's as accessible as Diddy was, and fun to use too. So gonna feel home with her if she's confirmed playable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We won't be getting four DK reps, fine. My money is on Dixie, you know, the character Sakurai showed interst in?

Also, I can definitely see us getting four Donkey Kong characters.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Shortiecanbrawl said:
My money is on Dixie, you know, the character Sakurai showed interst in?
In the latest Famitsu […] Sakurai is interviewed specifically about the newcomers […] and mentioned that originally Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were meant to be a pair character that tagged between each other, but the plan was changed due to difficulties encountered.
MasterWarlord said:
Dixie Kong was never intended to be her own character. She was intended to be a Nana to Diddy Kong (And yes, Nana does have her own data in the files). Dixie Kong is not notable/important enough to warrant her own character slot, and Diddy Kong's moveset is pretty rock solid with the addition of Bananas for the Down Special.
Interest indeed.

yani

Smash Lord
Dixie unfortunately has to compete with the likes of K. Rool. Roster space is quite competetive - we could potentially get a roster of only 45, and it's 50 at best. We won't be getting 4 DK reps.

Dixie has been irrelevant since her titular game - in DK64, she was replaced by a clone of herself. Dixie can't turn small, you say? Well, I don't recall DK being able to become invincible in the past either. . .After DKC3, all Dixie was ever in was spin-offs, while K. Rool remained as the main villain in every major title (He has a better track record than either DK or Diddy). Yes, he wasn't in the likes of Jungle Beat or DKCR, but nor was anyone else, unless we're going to start arguing for Tiki Tong as playable.

K. Rool has more moveset potential than just about anyone (Not to insult your moveset, it's actually one of the better ones I've seen on here), and fan demand is consistently much higher for him than Dixie.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13983124&postcount=577

The main argument Dixie Kong has is that she was in the forbidden 7 and thus Sakurai considered her at some point. However, she was considered as part of a -tag team with Diddy Kong.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12889473&postcount=1

/facepalm

Dixie Kong had two of her own games, and is the third main hero of the DKC games, which Sakurai seems to love. Lots of ignorance in your post sir.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, Dixie was only the star character in Donkey Kong Country 3 because she was a break out character, in a similar vein to Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country 2. Obviously the popularity wasn't as strong as Diddy Kong, hence why she simply appears in some spin off games nowadays.

Teege

Smash Rookie
I would drop Oli in a heartbeat for Dixie. Okay, maybe not. But I would use both of them regularly for sure. I can see it now. Gliding across the screen and ending everyone with her glorious ponytail.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Doodled this up some time ago:

I think she could only be a fourth DK character, and she doesn't really excite me all that much, but I'd welcome her inclusion.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I whole heartedly expect Dixie. Starring in 2 of the 3 games that set the direction of future DK titles and with known interest by Sakurai? Yeah her chances are extremely high.

Looking forward to all the zany hair moves she would undoubtedly have in place of fists or weapons.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong should be in SSB4 alongside K. Rool. She was playable in two DK games. For those who say we won't get 4 DK characters, you must be reminded that the DK series is the fourth or fifth most popular Nintendo franchise. And if the Kirby series got two new reps in Brawl, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for the DK series. If a franchise like Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Kirby gets four characters in SSB4, then there is no reason for the DK series not to also get a 4th rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Dixie Kong moveset I made a while back. Completely "Canon"

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But it is entirely in the realm of possibility to get two extra characters in a popular franchise. Especially since Donkey Kong is a popular, relevant, and successful franchise with numerous spin-offs.

So what about Falco, Wolf, R.O.B., Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, or Ice Climbers.. I wouldn't consider all those characters extremely relevant. Ice Climbers was added in order to add a classic character as was Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. Falco and Wolf are side characters in Star Fox, a relatively dead series with no original games (excluding Star Fox 64 3D), and Jiggly isn't even a Pokemon mascot.

I would place Dixie Kong is the same spot as the likes of Peach, Zelda, Meta Knight, Lucario, etc. Oh, save for the fact she had her own game and continues to appear in Donkey Kong games as well as spin-off games. In addition, considering the success of the newest installment in the Donkey Kong series for the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if they released Donkey Kong Country 2 with features both Diddy and Dixie.

None taken but I think many other characters have a much more potential move set (Saki, isaac, Palutena, etc) than King K. Rool. I understand many might think Dixie could be a Luigified clone of Dixie but, with the team Sakurai has assembled, this shouldn't be a huge problem.

Yes, Sakurai chose to separate the two which ended up Diddy being a top tier character. The same can go for Dixie.

The main argument Dixie Kong has is that she was in the forbidden 7 and thus Sakurai considered her at some point. However, she was considered as part of a tag-team with Diddy Kong.
She also has a potential move set, considered a heroine for the series, unique play style, a big fan base, relevant within both Donkey Kong and Mario, and had her own series which could have a reboot in the near future if they decide to continue with Donkey Kong Country 2.

It was removed because of difficulties, not because Sakurai thought Dixie would be a bad character.

Dixie Kong was never intended to be her own character.
Nor was Diddy but he did perfectly fine.

She was intended to be a Nana to Diddy Kong (And yes, Nana does have her own data in the files). Dixie Kong is not notable/important enough to warrant her own character slot, and Diddy Kong's moveset is pretty rock solid with the addition of Bananas for the Down Special.
And Dixie could be rock solid too if you gave her the chance.

Dixie Kong moveset I made a while back. Completely "Canon"

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)
Shortie, can I add your moveset to the front post?

If you support, Dixie, please help support this thread by adding information, ideas, move sets, arguments/counter-arguments, and pictures! Just PM me what you want added :)

Doodled this up some time ago:

I think she could only be a fourth DK character, and she doesn't really excite me all that much, but I'd welcome her inclusion.
Oasis, can I add this to the front post?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Go ahead. :3

My only complaint about Dixie is that she's another monkey (don't get technical with me). I just think that would LOOK BAD if she was the only newcomer for DK. Sakurai has a habit of making similar characters similar, so I think it's safe to say she's bound to be SIMILAR to Diddy. Which I think is appropriate to an extent. BUT ALSO REALLY BORING IF SHE'S THE ONLY NEWCOMER FOR DK. Even so, she would definitely have enough to set herself apart from her boyfriend.

Also I would expect her to be unlockable. Both her and Diddy on the starter screen together would look bad BECAUSE OF AFOREMENTIONED REASONS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sure you can use my moveset, and I really like Dixie, so add me :3

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks guys. I uploaded it to the first post!

Go ahead. :3

My only complaint about Dixie is that she's another monkey (don't get technical with me). I just think that would LOOK BAD if she was the only newcomer for DK. Sakurai has a habit of making similar characters similar, so I think it's safe to say she's bound to be SIMILAR to Diddy. Which I think is appropriate to an extent. BUT ALSO REALLY BORING IF SHE'S THE ONLY NEWCOMER FOR DK. Even so, she would definitely have enough to set herself apart from her boyfriend.

Also I would expect her to be unlockable. Both her and Diddy on the starter screen together would look bad BECAUSE OF AFOREMENTIONED REASONS.
Honestly, I would expect King K. Rool before Dixie but we can never know what Sakurai will do. That being said, I still think that Dixie Kong has the second best chance to be included.

I found this and felt like putting it up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie Kong! I loved DKC2 and DKC3. If Dixie Kong is in Smash, I would accept her either as a solo character, or teamed with Diddy Kong, or even teamed with Kiddy Kong.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong Moveset

I made my moveset with a Diddy & Dixie King team in mind. The team will NOT act like the Ice Climbers. The uncontrolled partner will follow closely behind the leader in the shadows without attacking or taking any damage. That partner will also not use their recovery move to save themselves, instead they will go into a falling animation & will still stay very close to the player; hovering by them. When the leader loses a stock, the partner will jump into a barrel & disappear in a cloud of smoke like a reverse entrance. Partners are switched by a taunt.

[collapse="Dixie Kong Moveset"]Stats
(ranked between S-F, S being the best & F being terrible)

Pros & Cons

+ She has strong throws

Notable Animations

Entrance
Pops out of a DK Barrel
Fighting Stance
Taunt 1
Taunt 2
Taunt 3
Taunt 4
Victory Pose 1
Dixie plays her guitar & Diddy raps with a stereo on his shoulder; both play in tune with the victory music (DKC2)
Victory Pose 2
Diddy throws Dixie in the air & spins around putting his hands in the air; Dixie then lands on Diddy's hands & she claps for the rest of the animation
Victory Pose 3
The team do a hand slap/shake combo then they both pose in a celebrated fashion facing the screen
Special Victory
On rare occasions, Victory Pose 2 will go wrong & Dixie won't fall back down; Diddy Kong will take off his hat, look upwards, puzzled, & he scratches his head for the rest of the animation
Loser Pose

Specials

Tiny Kong's weapon in DK64. Dixie can shoot feathers quickly but it is rather weak. You can compare this attack to Fox's gun. Her attack isn't as fast as Fox's & it causes opponents to flinch. Rapidly pressing B in a sequence, without pausing, allows Dixie Kong to continually shoot feathers. Each feather hit is less than 1% damage. She will have to take a break after shooting about 10 feathers & recharge for about 5-7 seconds.
Diddy Kong will quickly jump onto Dixie Kong's shoulders. During this phase Dixie Kong can walk around & hop at a short height. Shielding will will cause Diddy to jump off Dixie's shoulders & continue like he was in the background. When you press the A button, Dixie Kong will throw Diddy Kong & he will preform a kick. When you press the B button, Diddy Kong will jump & latch onto the opponent. You will then be able to attack the restrained foe with Dixie Kong. If you press the B button while Diddy is latched onto the foe, he will hand-slap when he is on the ground or jump off the foe if in the air. The more damage the foe has, the less time Diddy Kong is latched onto them; the foe can try to free themselves by quickly pressing buttons. The damage & knock-back is also the same as Brawl's, the kick is 10% with very low knock-back, the hand attack is 15% with low knock-back, & the jump off attack is 10% with medium downward knock-back. Be careful when throwing Diddy Kong off the stage, he can be lost; & he will only come back when you lose a stock. If the toss misses the enemy, Diddy Kong will go into an animation like the one in DKC2 where he is laying on the ground confused, he can be recovered when you walk past him.
This attack's weapon is featured in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. Dixie Kong launches forward with her rocket bongos in a fiery blast. The distance is about a little less than half the size of Final Destination. Being hit by this attack will cause you to receive fire damage & be quickly knock-backed at an upwards angle. If Dixie Kong is hit during this attack her bongos will explode causing damage to her & those around her. The priority of this attack is impressive, only strong attacks such as Falcon Punches, fire-based attacks, & some Smash Attacks will interrupt the attack; but in doing so will cause the explosion. When the attack is used in the air it will move at a downward angle & end in a helpless falling state. The attack damage is between 12-15% with low to medium knock-back. The explosion is between 20-25% with very high knock-back. Dixie Kong takes 12% damage & low knock-back.
Special originated from DKC2. Dixie Kong spins her ponytail around like a helicopter enabling her to fly. Dixie Kong has great movement in the air during this special. You can control her movement with the control stick by tilting it in any direction. When you tilt it to the side or down, Dixie Kong will correspond quickly. If you tilt it upwards, she will slow down some & consume more of the time duration. Opponents can be damaged by the top & sides of her hair spin receiving about 3% with each hit with minimal knock-back. The special can be canceled by another attack or by shielding. It will not be usable again until she hits the ground. Dixie Kong is also vulnerable to gimps while she is flying. If she is hit, Dixie will stop spinning he hair & start to fall, after a short time she can attempt to use her recovery again. Near the end of the special, Dixie Kong will become tired & eventually fall into a helpless animation. The duration is about 7 seconds. When used on the ground, the special will act like an uncharged spin-attack & hit enemies multiple times for up to 4 hits.
Special originates from Mario Hoops 3-on-3. A barrel cannon appears behind Dixie & she back-flips onto it. Shielding will cause Dixie to cancel the attack & jump off the barrel. Pressing the B or A button causes Dixie to shoot fruit in a red explosion followed by a burst of confetti out of the barrel. She can shoot up to 3 shots at a time before jumping off the barrel. She can only angle the cannon directly in front, at an upwards angle, or at a downwards angle. She can randomly fire 3 fruits: bananas (4% damage), pineapples (8% damage), & watermelons (12% damage). Bananas have minimal knock-back, pineapples have low to medium knock-back & watermelons have high knock-back & can cause a spike. Bananas that hit an obstacle will leave a peel behind. The duration of this attack can last anywhere between 3-10 seconds based on how long it will take for shots to be fired. When Dixie Kong uses this special in the air, she quickly summons the barrel & shoots once directly below.

Standards

A
A (Hold)
AA
AAA
Dash
Spins forward with her hair. Up to 3 hits for a total of 11% damage & low vertical knock-back (DKC2 & 3)
Side Tilt
Places both hands on the ground & swings her legs forward. A strong tilt, but somewhat slow. Getting hit by Dixie's body or legs will do 10% & low knock-back & being hit by her feet will do 14% & medium to high knock-back
Up Tilt
Down Tilt
Spins around & kicks with her foot doing 4% damage & causes a flinch; this attack has a chance of a trip

Smashes

Side Smash
Dixie slams her guitar it in front of her like a mallet. A strong but slow smash. Charged 27% with high vertical knock-back & uncharged18% with medium vertical knock-back
Up Smash
Jumps up & does a fast back flip, hitting with her foot. Charged 20% with medium to high knock-back & uncharged15% with low knock-back
Down Smash
Spins around really fast with her hair stretched out hitting multiple times. Charged 18% with medium knock-back & uncharged14% with low knock-back

Aerials

Nair
Fair
Bair
Does a backflip followed by a kick with her foot. Does 10% damage & medium downward knock-back
Uair
Does a headbutt followed by a hit with her ponytail for a two-hit attack. Knock-back is low & the damage is 8% total
Dair
Does a “ballerina” type spin with her legs crossed, similar to the number 4, hitting multiple times with her foot. Knock-back is very low & damage ranges from 8-10%
Zair
Dixie grabs the opponent with her ponytail & quickly throws them at the angle of the control stick. Damage is 12% & knock-back is low to medium

Throws

Grab
Grabs with her hair & holds them in front of her. The grab lag isn't that bad even though it is a long-ranged grab.
Pummel
Forward Throw
Throws opponent forward like animation in DKC2. She throws the opponent in a straight path with her ponytail, doing about 13% with medium to high knock-back.
Back Throw
Spins around once then flings the opponent backward doing 5% damage upon throw then causes them to hit & bounce off the ground doing 6% damage. Thisthrow has a set low knock-back.
Up Throw
Jumps up & throws opponent above. Not her best throw doing only 9% & low knock-back.
Down Throw
Jumps up & slams opponent on the ground causing them to bounce up doing 11% & medium knock-back.

A spinning barrel appears & Dixie jumps in it. Aim carefully at an opponent & press a button to quickly blast bananas. Occasionally bananas cause foes to trip. The second to last bullet will be Kiddy Kong. After a hit or miss, he waves & goes off screen. Then aim again & blast Dixie at your foe. The final smash ends afterward. Dixie & Kiddy Kong take a little longer to shoot than bananas. The duration is about 10 seconds. Bananas do 4% damage with minimal knock-back & Kiddy & Dixie Kong do about 30% damage with very high knock-back.[/collapse]
[collapse="Dixie Kong Color Swaps"]
[/collapse]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The bottom right palette swap in the above post is from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon. I approve.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
There's that WORD again!

So far, Sakurai does not care about reps. The only series he really tries to cap are the big ones and that's to keep them in line with the smaller ones. It's also not the first time we've seen a series get two characters (every Smash game has done it in fact).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dixie might have a better chance than K. Rool (although I would prefer a schizophrenic, bi-polar crocodile to another chimp) for two reasons.

1. Data found for her character as playable in Brawl. Yes, only has a tag team partner... however, this leads to point number two.

2. Easier to include her. Lucas had the model of Ness and similar specials. Same with Wolf and Fox. Dixie can have different A attacks, but similar specials. Also, her model would be very similar to Diddy's.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dixie Kong Moveset

I made my moveset with a Diddy & Dixie King team in mind. The team will NOT act like the Ice Climbers. The uncontrolled partner will follow closely behind the leader in the shadows without attacking or taking any damage. That partner will also not use their recovery move to save themselves, instead they will go into a falling animation & will still stay very close to the player; hovering by them. When the leader loses a stock, the partner will jump into a barrel & disappear in a cloud of smoke like a reverse entrance. Partners are switched by a taunt.

[collapse="Dixie Kong Moveset"]Stats
(ranked between S-F, S being the best & F being terrible)

Pros & Cons

+ She has strong throws

Notable Animations

Entrance
Pops out of a DK Barrel
Fighting Stance
Taunt 1
Taunt 2
Taunt 3
Taunt 4
Victory Pose 1
Victory Pose 2
Victory Pose 3
Special Victory
Loser Pose

Specials

Standards

A
A (Hold)
AA
AAA
Dash
Side Tilt
Up Tilt
Down Tilt

Smashes

Side Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash

Aerials

Nair
Fair
Bair
Uair
Dair
Zair

Throws

Grab
Pummel
Forward Throw
Back Throw
Up Throw
Down Throw

A spinning barrel appears & Dixie jumps in it. Aim carefully at an opponent & press a button to quickly blast bananas. Occasionally bananas cause foes to trip. The second to last bullet will be Kiddy Kong. After a hit or miss, he waves & goes off screen. Then aim again & blast Dixie at your foe. The final smash ends afterward. Dixie & Kiddy Kong take a little longer to shoot than bananas. The duration is about 10 seconds. Bananas do 4% damage with minimal knock-back & Kiddy & Dixie Kong do about 30% damage with very high knock-back.[/collapse]
[collapse="Dixie Kong Color Swaps"]
[/collapse]

Meimoe, do you mind me putting your move set and palette swap on the front page?

I know one argument against Dixie is that Dixie and Diddy were originally meant to be a tag team type character but, instead, Diddy was made as a separate character. This was due to technical issues. However, from this decision, Diddy became a top tier character. I figure if they could do the same for Diddy, they can do the same for Dixie :/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like it if Dixie Kong is able to make it in, along with King K. Rool.

In terms of the Diddy/Dixie duo, I think that it's better that the two are separate from each other; they don't exactly operate in the same way after all.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I agree. I think it is very feasible to receive two Donkey Kong characters. It is a big enough franchise with a deep history with Nintendo.

So I'd like to make a an official Dixie Kong move set where all the supporters (those listed under "members") help create. I propose people post full move set or a a Specials-only Move set or a Move Set without specials.

We then decide which moves to take from those posted move sets to create a very detailed and professional move set that the members put together.

Is anyone interested?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Melmoe, do you mind me putting your move set and palette swap on the front page?
Not at all :D

Also, it's MelMoe not MeiMoe

I too think that both Dixie & King K. Rool should be playable. If only one makes it in this game then it is obvious the other will be requested for the next. With DK, Diddy, Dixie, & K. Rool, I think the Donkey Kong series will have its 4 stars.
If Dixie does become a partner for Diddy, I really hope they keep his moveset intact; definitely his banana. I actually like the idea of a true tag-team & that it represents the DKC games; but she can stand on her own as well.

umegames

Smash Cadet
I for sure support Dixie, i really thought she would show up in brawl along diddy, but o well. Based on dkc returns, i dont think the kremlings are usable in away because of RARE, so dixie should pan out fine for a roster spot.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I updated the front post, Melmoe. Feel free to check to see if everything is accurate!

I mentioned it yesterday but is anyone interested in putting together a collaborative move set for Dixie based on input from all the members in this support thread? If so, let me know!

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I updated the front post, Melmoe. Feel free to check to see if everything is accurate!

I mentioned it yesterday but is anyone interested in putting together a collaborative move set for Dixie based on input from all the members in this support thread? If so, let me know!
Everything looks in order.

Shouldn't we wait for more members & movesets?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like it if Dixie Kong is able to make it in, along with King K. Rool.

In terms of the Diddy/Dixie duo, I think that it's better that the two are separate from each other; they don't exactly operate in the same way after all.
Agreed. Hell would have to freeze over for Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong to be cut. And a Diddy/Dixie duo would take away from both characters, as well as be broken.

There is no reason both Diddy Kong and K. Rool can't be playable. Both character can add a lot to smash, are popular, unique, and both can have play styles we haven't seen in smash before. Above all, both Dixie Kong and K. Rool would make make people want to play this game (assuming they're done right, which by the way, would be hard not to do).

Haxeye

Smash Cadet
Dixie would be a great and long overdue addition to the roster, but I think she'd benefit from a partnership/tag-team, but im in full agreement that her partner shouldn't be Diddy but instead should be Kiddy Kong.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, where should we start?

Oh & can u add my note in the beginning from my moveset post? So that it explains how a Diddy & Dixie team won't be like Popo & Nana. Thanx.

I think as of right now, we should start looking at the posted move sets on the front page and picking which moves we think are best or most interesting.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Well her up b will obviously be some variation of her ponytail copter move.

I hated how I couldn't think of anything for her b move other than Tiny Kong's feather bow. I like ur Vine Lasso idea & could definitely see her using it. The Orange Grenade move would also be a nice .

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You haven't been to Japan
Jiggly isn't actually all that popular anymore in Japan. It's only popularity stems off from the anime, Smash, and as a first generation. Most Japanese kids don't even know who Jiggly is anymore. Pokemon such as Zorua, Victini, that Chichilla Pokemon, Blitzle, Emonga, Pachirisu, the desert Croc, and Candeluure (i think that is it's name) are becoming increasingly popular.

Jiggly may be more popular with old school players but the newer players recognize the newer pokemon over older pokemon.

Melmoe, I really liked your move set.

Top Bottom