• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky`

Smash Lord
So, I was just wondering...
Well I've been surfing this board, pretty much on N4N3RZ's D i c k, and I was actually getting kind of concerned, cause I don't see his name pop up as much as I think it should. I think that considering he pretty much invented Diddy... I mean, nobody credits him.

Don't get me wrong, if there is something I'm missing, please, by all means tell me. But I just don't understand why... I dunno, everybody is forgetting about good ol N4N!

And.

Ninjarlink.

Beat M2K Once, right? And M2K Had no Diddy Exp. /john. So why is he this amazing? It's like, he's the jesus of Diddy, when in actuality, he's just a prototype rooted from N4N3RZ.

Before the hate posts and the "You don't know what you're talking about Scrub gtfo dum peach main lololol." Posts come in, I'd like to direct your attention to a video that I'm sure if you look at it, it might illuminate a brighter tone to this whole post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ArHas4eozE

Advice to all you aspiring Professionals. :3

Have a great day!

O AND BAI THE WAY I R TEH THURD BEST PEACH N TEH ****RY N U GUAIZ N'T GOT NUTHIN ON MEH OLOLOLLLOL

-Love Sky.

-Love TOA - N4N3RZ's Krew. <3

No but srsly, can somebody illuminate like, light on this situation? Thanks.

DUB

Smash Lord
lol, everyone knows N4N3RZ is the best anyways. Or do they?

Lol and I just watched the video. It's hilarious.

10peaches

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
1. First of all Gano the Japanese player invented Diddy and has done the best so far at a large scale tourny. (2nd at Ketubato)

2. Nanerz and Pao0l were the pioneers of Diddy in the U.S. there is no doubt about that.

3. NinjaLink did beat M2K in a tourny whether he had Diddy experience or not, would NL be able to beat M2K again nowadays?? Now that might be a different story.

4. NinjaLink is popular because he consistently helps out the Diddy community with new techs and advice. Plus he has a lot of videos in which people like to see his fast/technical playstyle.

5. I give Nanerz a lot of credit :) but Gano, Pao0l, and Advent Lee/myself are my personal favorite Diddy mains. Gano, because his matches vs Yonezumi Pikachu were some of the first brawl vids that seemed "fast paced" and "technical." Pao0l because even though he wasnt that technical, he showed how Diddy looks while being played smartly, something that even Azen is showing. (even though Pao0l doesnt play monkey anymore) And finally myself because I show a significant knowledge of the character and NOW posses the ability to play Diddy on a high technical scale while playing smartly not falling to "auto-pilot." Not to mention that I'm at the very least one of the most creative monkey players out there. :chuckle:

6. Nanerz is the most consistent placing Diddy player and arguably the best in the U.S.

-advent-

DUB

Smash Lord
Ah how could I forgot about pao0l. I remember watching his How to be a Pro at Diddy Kong videos a long long time ago.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the days of wishing i were nearly as good as pa0ol....the good ol days

i like how advent said hes one of his own favorite diddy mains. im one of my favorite diddy mains too :laugh:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

i like how advent said hes one of his own favorite diddy mains. im one of my favorite diddy mains too :laugh:
Yupp LoLz. Seriously though. And your one of my favorites too. Those were just my personal top 3. TC1, NinjaLink, GDX, Let Thien, Nynja and now Azen are probably the only other Diddy videos that I will watch. I dont really watch that many brawl vids any ways. Melee > Brawl :p

-advent-

Count

Smash Champion
Why does it matter so much which is better or whatever? They are both great. I am much better because of both. The diddy boards as a whole are awesome. That is all that matters.

Your vid is good, but that mentality is true of anything. And you get confidence from experience, it takes a special person to be confident without experience.

It was like that with me in sports for the most part-the more I played the more confident I was. Every time I step on a tennis or basketball court I expect to win no matter who I'm facing. Brawl? Not so much. My only experience is versus some people at this school and online, so of course I am not going to be able to go to a tournament full of confidence.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Aren't you a peach player, why are you in here ranting about nanerz? I could go into your boards and have a field day screaming at dark peach LOL

Player-1

Smash Legend

YOU TOO!!?!?!?!SHIFTONEONE1!1!!!!!!I'm one of my favorite diddy mains.

Anyway I don't watch a whole lot of either of there videos unless they post it on the forums so IDK whose the best, but I play with my own playstyle which I really like =), I use more side b's than bananas =p

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
N4N was the only Diddy I looked up to during my days of lurking around the Diddy forums. Then I left and that's when Ninjalink took over. I still prefer N4N over Ninjalink though and still check his videos from time to time. N4N is inspiration for my offensive Diddy.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
NinjaLink is more active. NinjaLink is on the Beast Coast. NinjaLink is a highly entertaining player. NinjaLink has done plenty of late to help the community.

And, just so NL doesn't have to do it, he's said before he doesn't watch vids of alot of characters. He'd rather devolp his style himself, hence his extremely unigue ROB. Don't claim he stole, it's rude. I'd hate to be told I rip off NL or Nanerz or Player1 ever.

EDIT: Actually can someone explain to me why one just HAS TO HAVE MORE FANS than the other? Does it really even matter?

IDK

Smash Lord
woah... i just remembered when i played nanerz at my second tourney when i was a nub. i was scared.

DotDo

Smash Rookie
NinjaLink is more active. NinjaLink is on the Beast Coast. NinjaLink is a highly entertaining player. NinjaLink has done plenty of late to help the community.

And, just so NL doesn't have to do it, he's said before he doesn't watch vids of alot of characters. He'd rather devolp his style himself, hence his extremely unigue ROB. Don't claim he stole, it's rude. I'd hate to be told I rip off NL or Nanerz or Player1 ever.

EDIT: Actually can someone explain to me why one just HAS TO HAVE MORE FANS than the other? Does it really even matter?
I agree with Mercutio. It really doesn't matter who is more popular. They're both excellent players. But I do also agree that NinjaLink has been more active as of late. I just met him at a tournament yesterday. Awesome guy.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
everyone makes too much of a big deal about who gets credit for what.
Agreed. To my understanding, there is and always will be a solemn consensus on who the major players in the game are, and to make entire threads complaining about how much credit should be allotted to whomever for this and that tactic really diminishes the impact of acknowledging others for their successes in the first place. You can call it blatantly copying someone else's style or label it something else equally childish, but the whole point of these forums is for each of us to help one another grow as players at the end of the day.

And honestly, many of you need to knock off this d*ck-waving contest and start focusing on more pressing matters - such as whether or not any of you of you will get laid. Ever.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I think people should be more concerned about getting better so they can reach that level of play instead of arguing about the people who are already there.

Oh, and getting laid as well. Getting laid is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom