• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im interested but i dont know if im will come

i dunno i guess im not that hype to go places to smash
What a broken record loool. TC was right, you are a dumb prick who doesnt have a life and is a waste of dumb in the words of TC :bee:. I still havent heard you say I cant come to a smashfest cos i'm busy though lol, some people are saying you don have a life and I can't be bothered to travel and Chrisboi called you a sloth.....

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i will just have to go to a tourney/ranbat ro test my recent skill level now . its only far since i havent been attending stuff.

to*

also does anyone london based have a spare memory card on the GC with PAL(full completed data+)willing to me borrow it to pratice with.

mine got formatted around start of july.

havent been playing marth only sheik /fox

thx in advance

VA

Smash Hero
I think the top 5 are these, not listed in any order.

Charles, Pro, Frost, Z, VA.

Personally I still think charles is the best. But I think anyone in that 5 can beat him or each other...we really need a Power Rankings panel or something. It's stupid not having an official ranking. I know we have ranbats but they are poor judgements as people like myself/edwin/frost/Z can't make them regularly. Obviously they are fun for ranking londoners and people in the north west or whatever, but I'd really like to see the setting up of an official power ranking.

Panel system works best imo.

Mr P

Smash Ace
oh jeese lol. There's no way to say who is where right now in the UK, people have been playing only within their own regions so we dont know who is where or what is what overall all you can do is speculate about positions because everyone will have region bias. Only way to know who is around the top is start having proper tournies again. And as for actually having official listings, we've already tried that and it doesn't work it's a ******** idea.

Yeah, what Charles said about ego.

VA

Smash Hero
oh jeese lol. There's no way to say who is where right now in the UK, people have been playing only within their own regions so we dont know who is where or what is what overall all you can do is speculate about positions because everyone will have region bias. Only way to know who is around the top is start having proper tournies again. And as for actually having official listings, we've already tried that and it doesn't work it's a ******** idea.

Yeah, what Charles said about ego.
Well I've been here for a while now and there was never any kind of rankings except some dumb point system which fizzled out after like 2 tournaments. They have power rankings all over the place, I don't think it's a dumb idea at all, if anyone actually cares let me know, otherwise I'll just drop it.

Aiko

Smash Champion
i'm pretty interested in this, but doing it effectively is difficult, plus people cant attend everything...

VA

Smash Hero
no, it's not something to do with attendance. power rankings can easily be panel based. So electing like 4/5 people to discuss a UK power rankings and having a top 10 would be really nice imo. it really isn't that hard, we just need a couple of bigger UK events then we can start it off.

Aiko

Smash Champion
we did try this a long time ago, don't know if you were active back then. Either way I'm up for it but we need to nominate unbiased people who have a good knowledge of the scene.

Most people will be biased. so thats already a problem. People who are most involved in the scene and know a fair bit about it (this is not related to game playing skill) atm would be:

Myself
Fuzzyness
Prof Pro
VA

The reason I cant nominate Mr P is because he hasn't been to many events lately. Although if he attended a few more recent ones, he would certainly get my nomination. AmcD would be nominated too if he got a little more involved in recent events.

I'm pretty sure after Global Gaming, we could form a 4-5 person panel and vote. What do you reckon?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Response to aiko/VA post

im up for the official rankings .

from the posts above sounds like a good idea to me.

who cares about ego !?!

if the said person has been active in the scene and winning he has the right to be proud

Mr P

Smash Ace
The reason I cant nominate Mr P is because he hasn't been to many events lately. Although if he attended a few more recent ones, he would certainly get my nomination. AmcD would be nominated too if he got a little more involved in recent events.
I just want to address this point, how is it that i haven't been to many recent events ? The only thing i missed was the last uk tournie but i was at the one before that, aside from that i've been at a lot of smashfests including mengfest and the last one phil had.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Personally I don't think the rankings will work because we don't have enough tournaments and when we do people generally don't attend but by all means attempt to make one work.
Also I'm pretty sure we all know were everyone would be placed.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I just want to address this point, how is it that i haven't been to many recent events ? The only thing i missed was the last uk tournie but i was at the one before that, aside from that i've been at a lot of smashfests including mengfest and the last one phil had.
are you attending Global Gaming Tournament?

Mr P

Smash Ace
are you attending Global Gaming Tournament?
No, but even if i was how would it be of much relevance in anything to do with rankings? the only people who are going is south, it's basically london with a couple of people from the north. No one from scotland is attending.

EDIT: we all pretty much know where we all are within our own regions, it's crazy that people are even thinking about ranking projects without us even having any national scale tournies.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure Robby suggested it just because he aims to gain renown as UK's best player! Fair play to him hes got banter just for attesting to such a smug venture!!

Whole power rankings idea makes me belch I think its ridiculous, but if you guys want to go through with it feel free hahahahahaha banter!! I nominate myself for the panel!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't think you're top yet prof, not saying this out of ego but you still got a bit to learn
I agree, I still have a few things to learn.
I think the thing you need to improve is summoning up the ability to beat me:bee:.
But seriously I dont agree with you saying I am not top 5 in the UK cos I am....NICE BIG EGO!

i will just have to go to a tourney/ranbat ro test my recent skill level now . its only far since i havent been attending stuff.

to*

also does anyone london based have a spare memory card on the GC with PAL(full completed data+)willing to me borrow it to pratice with.

mine got formatted around start of july.

havent been playing marth only sheik /fox

thx in advance
I can give you the data for the memory card but I cant give you a free memory card, well not free anyway meaning you will have to pay the MONEYZ. looool You play fox and sheik now. I like the sheik vs fox matchup. If you play your sheik against me, GONNA GET *****! If you play your fox against me, GONNA GET *****! If you play your marth against me...................................GONNA GET *****!

Well I've been here for a while now and there was never any kind of rankings except some dumb point system which fizzled out after like 2 tournaments. They have power rankings all over the place, I don't think it's a dumb idea at all, if anyone actually cares let me know, otherwise I'll just drop it.
I am up for rankings, people get nice ego boost and cockYness will come into it and peoples dreams being shattered and feelings hurt when there position is stripped from them. No arguing though, just shattered dreams.

No, but even if i was how would it be of much relevance in anything to do with rankings? the only people who are going is south, it's basically london with a couple of people from the north. No one from scotland is attending.

EDIT: we all pretty much know where we all are within our own regions, it's crazy that people are even thinking about ranking projects without us even having any national scale tournies.
Lets all drop the idea because Zeppo, Mr P and the Scottish aint coming.

Aiko

Smash Champion

Its meant to be a national tournament, not just a london thing. Its based in Birmingham too, which is fairly central to UK

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Personally I don't think the rankings will work because we don't have enough tournaments and when we do people generally don't attend but by all means attempt to make one work.
Also I'm pretty sure we all know were everyone would be placed.
Agreed. There is no point. All it does is make the best players in the UK argue over who is better than who. There are ranking battles in London and NW. There is a tournament in Birmingham coming up. Proove if you're the best by winning these. No johns

Aiko

Smash Champion
its not about seeing who is the best. Its about putting people in ranking. It doesn't take a genious to say whos best at the moment, and a single tournament won't change that.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Lets get a national ranking based on london biweeklies, probs the most accurate method imo.

if we decided to do a national one lets put grayfox ahead of me, phil and AMCD since he went to that last manchester thing and got third. Of course before that he was bad though coz he didnt attend anything. :laugh::laugh::laugh: currently i think davemans is the worst though since hes not been to anything in forever

VA

Smash Hero
Aiko you are involved in scene etc. but I think Z has a greater knowledge of the players and the game as a whole. imo pro doesn't know enough about the players in the community and the 4/5 should be

me, frost, Z, P, Charles.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I think Z, AmcD/Aiko (one or the other), Fuzz are essential. I don't really know whether you need me on there but I can't think of any other major regions. Are people actually wanting to set this up because I will begin to set about it properly if you are...

COEY

Smash Lord
i agree alan, and if you want someone with a long time knowledge of the community from the NW, i think me or joe should hold some weight. especially seeing how we've been to every melee tourney since AR1.
meaning we've been in the community longer than 2 ppl on that list to start with. i dont see why after over 2 years of being part of this scene we still dont get any recognition. i mean looking through the last few pages we havent been mentioned not even once.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Oh come on people this is ******** and pointless. Pointless because Melee in the UK remains to be predictable as **** with the only new addition to the top players being p.pro. ******** because people are already argueing and disagreeing with everyone. Euan's even brought Davemans into it (again) :laugh::laugh::laugh:. And No Euan you thick turd I didn't say that the London ranbats and the NW ranbats were the only way to be ranked in the UK.

Edit- cos it's elitist Will

Top Bottom