• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Olimar Matchup Thread~Review: R.O.B. or someone~

Status
Not open for further replies.

asob4

Smash Champion
the blaster does have lag, what are you gonna do when we get close? just run a laser more? that won't win you the match, and while you run we'll latch you

you're treating the laser like it's the end all be all solution to olimar when it simply isn't
so what? you stop our fsmash big deal, more importantly it absorbs the lasers on its way back (no damage if yellow) and guess what! your "invincible laser wall" has just been stopped and we can approach easily and safely.

no matter what, wolf will ALWAYS approach with bair or laser, which makes him VERY easy to read.

we can WAC most your kill moves as WE'LL SEE THEM COMING. the only ones we really need to WAC are his aerials as we can utilt his smashes

a lot of you are over complicating things and it isn't that hard.
falco's the hardest of the spacies and, imo wolf is the easiest on paper and in game.
i don't see anything scary about him at all

yes i am a douche and proud of it :]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
no matter what, wolf will ALWAYS approach with bair or laser, which makes him VERY easy to read.
Wolf won't approach at all...

Besides he also has the crossover fair -> Reverse grab JFYI

Snail

Smash Lord
the blaster does have lag, what are you gonna do when we get close? just run a laser more? that won't win you the match, and while you run we'll latch you
How are you planning to get close? Jump? He'll stop firing lasers and the lag will be done before you can attack, allowing him to shieldgrab or bair. If you don't attack out of it you can grab him out of his shield I guess... if you don't get fsmashed first.

you're treating the laser like it's the end all be all solution to olimar when it simply isn't
so what? you stop our fsmash big deal, more importantly it absorbs the lasers on its way back (no damage if yellow) and guess what! your "invincible laser wall" has just been stopped and we can approach easily and safely.
Yeah xD Maybe I'm overrating the blasters but I hate them with a passion -_- The problem is that Wolf can make you approach, and there are very few characters that make Olimar approach. Approaching is always a lot harder than letting your opponent come to you, so :/ It's definitely not an end-all solution, but it shuts down Olimar's ground approaches. This forces you to approach through the air (unless you can powershield like a madman but I haven't managed to get it down yet) and air approaches can be met with shieldgrabs or bairs. You can WAC the bair and counter a shieldgrab by landing out of grab range, but still, your options are very limited.

we can WAC most your kill moves as WE'LL SEE THEM COMING. the only ones we really need to WAC are his aerials as we can utilt his smashes
Wolf won't approach, he'll just spam his Blaster till you come to him. Have you ever played a good Wolf anyway? :/

You can WAC all kill moves if you see them coming... If it were that easy Olimar would be invincible. You can still get Dsmashed if you whiff anything, spotdodge at the wrong moment, or even as you're struggling to approach >_>;

a lot of you are over complicating things and it isn't that hard.
falco's the hardest of the spacies and, imo wolf is the easiest on paper and in game.
i don't see anything scary about him at all

yes i am a douche and proud of it :]
:D I think Wolf is harder than Falco because of the freaking bayonet. Falco will stop lasering if you latch him, allowing you to approach.

Heh, you're not a douche. Debates are good... If you don't think Wolf is hard, I'd love to learn how to beat him ^^

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I know what skank(Asob) is implying when he says the laser isn't an all-ends-for-Olimar attack.

Ok, so we've all established that Olimar has to approach.

"more importantly it absorbs the lasers on its way back (no damage if yellow) and guess what! your "invincible laser wall" has just been stopped and we can approach easily and safely."
-skank

So what does "approach" really mean against Wolf? Olimar can chuck his pikmin at the lasers to stop them. As the pikmin are walking back(notably yellows), they'll get hit. This stops the wall. Olimar just has to jump up into the air. Olimar could also just powershield walk. When he gets near enough, he can jump then.

If Olimar jumps into the air just above Wolf, he has stopped the laser spam.
This is what skank is saying. Olimar doesn't neccesarily have to hit Wolf, ending in a shieldgrab. He can land safely. I'll even draw a picture for you guys. It's really simple y'all >_>:

Help any?

I'm not saying that Olimar>Wolf. Personally, I think it's around 55-44 Wolf or maybe 60-40 Wolf, or even 50-50 even. I'm just saying that the laser doesn't effect the matchup as nearly as much as you guys thinks. In this aspect, skank is totally right.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Lol at Dan's picture.
Seriously though Wolf's speak of the blaster like it's Armageddon and nothing can stop it.
It's nothing of the sort. It's just a hurdle. And do you know what people do to hurdle's in Olympics.
Yes they jump over them. Just like the easy to stop blaster spam. Jump over it. Maybe your iased in this matchup because you get beat by a certain player over and over. but that doesn't speak about the whole matchup

50- 50. to 55 - 45 in Wolf's favor. I personally think we listen to the other thread's argument too much. They will always try to make us think the matchup is more in their favor than ir really is. I'm with Skank and it's not that hard to just stop Olimar's game with a pew pew.

...reverse grab with Wolf against Olimar? I think you mean Pivot Grab correct. Wolf's don't grab Olimar unless he's being dumb. Or not looking. Wolf's grab game doesn't even approach Olimar's at any level.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ dans picture

@protoman

the reverse grab is just a part of Wolfs approach tactic. xou do a 0 lag "corssoever fair" (which means you use fair, while jumping over the enemy = big shieldstun), followed by a reverse grab. Just an attack option, not any general tactic, y'know

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Wolf's grabs work on you if you play against the wolf for a long time.
Also, they will jab more.

Uhm.. I still don't see Falco's as a problem, least in tourney play. Don't get grabbed and uh..
Some reason, most Falco players think we are Snake in the fact they still SH double laser ABOVE Olimar's heads. This does not obviously break Falco and can simply be avoided for Falco's if they played smart, however I see people doing this all the time even if they are good.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Blaster isn't that good, it just forces approach and gets rid of MK's whorenado. And something about lylat that I just found out (I had no idea this was possible)...

I was playing a computer wario. He was on the right side platform. I used utilt from below. And got shieldgrabbed. I don't know about the other wolfs, but I like my utilt, and I spam it when someone is on a platform above me, so maybe this will be useful. Sorry if this seems obvious, its just that last time I checked this doesn't happen. Probably because of the tilt, but still could be good to know.

Anyways, wolf can also shine if he feels like approaching... don't count out the shine. It's like WAC, honestly, except without the damage and a countering aspect, its just shorter. I shine when people approach me, so make sure you plan ahead for that too.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Wait is this Olimar vs. Wolf or MK vs. Wolf? That last post confused me.

Anyway who we covering next week? Last day of the week

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was playing a computer wario. He was on the right side platform. I used utilt from below. And got shieldgrabbed.
This can only mean that his foot isn't disjointed, which makes sense... like zelda can grab DK's hand on his ftilt- so bizarre.

Wait is this Olimar vs. Wolf or MK vs. Wolf? That last post confused me.

Anyway who we covering next week? Last day of the week
Methinks GaW. yup.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Time to change the title, it's Game An' Watch now :gw::olimar:

Uhh uhhhm I'll test stuff and whatnot later

Snail

Smash Lord
G&W... Gee, it's time for some matchups that are advantageous for Olimar after this xD It looks like we have sucky matchups now :D

G&W is annoying. His smashes have absurd range, the turtle is an extremely good approach and damage dealer, his dthrow leads into a dsmash that can kill at annoyingly low percentages because of the weird angle if you get KBed horizontally. On the other hand, G&W is very light and his smashes have some lag to them :/

I don't have too much to say because I've only played one good G&W and that was some time ago, but meh. Just make sure not to roll behind him as this will ALWAYS get you dsmashed. And tech-roll his dthrow so it won't lead into a dsmash :/

asob4

Smash Champion
i think it's pretty even
they can both build damage on each other fast and get the early kill
olimar can camp if GnW is stupid. random latches ALWAYS help
we beat him on ground, he beats us in air :/
fair trade i guess :\
55-45 either imo

RichBrown

Smash Master
I've been playing my friend's G&W a lot lately, and here's what I have to say:

Firstly, ban corneria, unless you never ever jump and you can avoid the wall on the right side. G&W's Uair can KO on that stage. It's ********. Ban Rainbow Cruise if you can too. Actually, ban Rainbow Cruise first. Then hope G&W doesn't pick corneria (although it's actually a good Oli stage because his upsmash, especially with purples, can kill at cazy low percentages against G&W).

Next: Spacing is key on both sides of this matchup. It's all about who can find an opening and who can lure someone into an attack. Do shorthops to stay mobile, but stay close to the ground. Above G&W=bad. G&W will usually approach via Fair or gayair turtle. In case you haven't noticed, the hitbox on the turtle stays out for what seems like the entire **** match, so it's extremely difficult to shieldgrab it, to the point where it isn't even worth it. There's a wee bit of lag when it lands, so if you can run in for the grab or Fair I'd recommend that.

I tend to land a high amount of Fsmashes in this matchup, normally because G&W is airborne a lot, doing his Fair-Bair approach.

The other thing is the Dthrow-Dsmash combo. There was a discussion on this in another topic, and I'll reiterate some of it here. Basically, just tech the throw. Make sure you don't tech in the same direction everytime though, because you get tech chased. After teching a handful of Dthrows, maybe don't tech one of them, and do a "get up attack" (whatever you call it).

I don't rely on my dthrow combos too much here, since G&W is fairly light so it's pretty hard to land those combos anywhere past 20%.

Lastly, Uair eats through Dair, so I hear. I've never actually reacted quickly enough to test it haha.

Summary: Ban Corneria/Rainbow Cruise. Space yourself. Jump/run around w/o attacking to lure G&W into an approach, punish accordingly (Fsmashes work wonders here). Tech Dthrow, but mix it up. Use Uair on Dair. RichBrown is a beautiful human being.

That is all.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Rainbow Cruise: You should almost always ban this stage no matter who your opponent uses.

Corneria: I personally like it. Easy kills with blue bthrows due to short sides and low ceiling for easy usmash kos. Do your best to avoid his smashes, as both of these advantages can easily become disadvantages.

I like to play on Battlefield vs. G&Ws. The platforms protect you for the most part against his key. If your under one of the platforms, the only approaches he really has are his fair and bair, both of which you can shieldgrab. GRABS WIN THE MATCH. Abuse them.

Basically, you completely outrange him, and avoid playing in the air unless your under him. Most importantly, watch for his smashes. Once you reach the 60s-70s, you need to watch yourself very carefully. G&W is at a slight disadvantage, but this matchup is all about control. Whoever controls the match wins.

Even though most G&W's have no problem getting pikmin off of them, always look for opportunities to latch a white. Every % counts to a G&W due to their weight and whites can add a good 8-11 if timed correctly.

And yes, his dair<your uair.

Puddin

Smash Lord
But his key is so predictable it's not even funny. Albeit it is faster then Toon Links Dair it's still easy to predict and punish. Although punishing it with WAC may prove to be a bit of a challange because of how fast it is, just work on your timing and you should be fine (for the most part).

I'm not very experienced against G&W, in fact the first time I fought one I got my *** handed to me at Norfair. I don't THINK his bucket is need for worry but I'll test later. Chances are it's not though.

Because G&W only knows Bair and Fair as an approach option, WAC can be your best friend in this match.

Eh just my $0.2 cents. I'll test Olimars priority over his Bair and Fair later as well, although I think I may be putting too much emphasis on these attacks as I often do in this thread.

Edit: From what I've tested nothing has priority over either =\ I suppose that at the angle they would generally be coming at you to approach with a Bair you could use the Pikmin Chain to stop him but like I said no priority :(

RichBrown

Smash Master
His bucket cannot absorb pikmin (seriously, imagine how horrible that'd be haha).

I actually tend to ban frigate due to the gimpability on the right side of the stage. I don't mind rainbow cruise too much if it's not against G&W. I think people make a really big deal about this stage, but on certain parts the ceiling is really low which sets up Usmash nicely, and it's easy to bait someone into a grab on the walkoff portion of the stage. It just takes a LOT of concentration.

In regards to corneria, like I said G%W can KO at any percent with his Uair. I didn't know this until the other day, I was playing my friend and I was barely above him (I was at 36% I think) and he used Uair and I died. It's crap.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Against G&W?
Whistle in the air as he is predictable in the air (The most predictable?)
Upair to kill his key. It absorbs it completely always.
If you dair the wind, it cancels his upair.
Tech his dthrow or DIE.
Should be one of the best matches for us if we know how they move.

Ban rainbow, then Corneria. Unless you have a handle on RC, then ban Corneria FIRST.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Against G&W?
Whistle in the air as he is predictable in the air (The most predictable?)
Upair to kill his key. It absorbs it completely always.
If you dair the wind, it cancels his upair.
Tech his dthrow or DIE.
Should be one of the best matches for us if we know how they move.

Ban rainbow, then Corneria. Unless you have a handle on RC, then ban Corneria FIRST.
is it bad that I spent like 30 whole seconds trying to figure out what AT "DIE" stood for

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I guess it's good that I emphasize by dashes. I capitalize words a lot... hehe.
I think we have GnW covered though, least.

RichBrown

Smash Master
is it bad that I spent like 30 whole seconds trying to figure out what AT "DIE" stood for
LOL

(that means laugh out loud, in case you were wondering).

:)

Seriously, Dair makes the "blowing" effect of Uair go away? Oh man, Sakurai is only somewhat evil.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
let me link you guys to the matchup thread we have, olimar has been covered.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763

most gw players would agree that this is a solid advantage for gw, but you guys seem to think its closer to even? big arguements are that the dtilt goes through all of olimars attacks except for grabs. IMO olimars grab really makes or breaks this matchup for him.

asob4

Smash Champion
i think most GnW players are kinda elitist, especially if they stayed with them through melee :/
but you seem cool
really, it is all about our grabs and whoever spaces better
if we can space your bair and tech your dthrow then we have a better chance, f you can space our grabs and fsmashes, you have a better chance
i would think 55/45 either way

asob4

Smash Champion
they argue camping won't work cause of dtilt >_>

we all know they're not gonna sit and dtilt nonstop

Puddin

Smash Lord
let me link you guys to the matchup thread we have, olimar has been covered.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763

most gw players would agree that this is a solid advantage for gw, but you guys seem to think its closer to even? big arguements are that the dtilt goes through all of olimars attacks except for grabs. IMO olimars grab really makes or breaks this matchup for him.
I was reading your guide on Olimar and I think his Dsmash is faster then his Usmash. Just thought I'd say :ohwell:

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
well let me ask you guys this, considering that olimar has one of the longest grabs in the game (its also pretty fast, especially as far as grapple grabs go), who wouldn't he have an advantage against based on the "outcamp and win" strategy? I noticed you guys have some characters, such as marth, who has no projectile listed as a hard matchup. I would think that if you outspaced all his moves with pivot or running grabs you would always be able to beat a marth player, no?

Maybe what some of you aren't really seeing are the other aspects of how olimar plays (not trying to say that you don't know how to play your character, read on). Lets say olimar didn't have a long grab reach, and that he had a grab reach similiar to say gw's for sake of argument. How would he fair in the matchup?

As far as his camping ability, its quite easy for gw to nullify that with either a dtilt or a nair. Nair makes it incredibly easy for any latched pikmin to be expelled because it hits all around his body. GW can even approach by simply sh'ing nairs at oli on the way to him because this move autocancels very quickly and there wouldn't be much time before gw is in the air again.

His general high priority, low range cc skills are mostly nullified by gw's long range, high priority attacks. The only moves that olimar has that will outrange or beat gw's moves consistently are his up b and his up air. Other than his pikmin tossing (which we already covered), he has almost nothing to approach with (keep in mind we removed grabbing from the equation for now).

Lets look at recoveries. You guys know well enough that olimar's recovery sucks. Its not the worst in the game, but its quite easily gimped. Things that can gimp it? Quick hitting moves with good reach that knock olimar back out... fair. Long range quick attacks near the ledge to eat dj attempts... dtilt. Offensive up b to cover sneak attempts from the olimar to get to the edge... gw has that as well. I feel as though gw is more than equipped to handle olimars recovery. As far as i know, olimar has little to edgeguard gw, mainly because he can go so low to recover vs olimar. Is there any weight to his grab going below the edge? or is this to difficult to perform most of the time?

The only other thing i can think of is quirks like his down b having super armor. Super armor is excellent against high lag, powerful, one hitting attacks that leave players open. Say, against a dk it would be excellent against his giant punch or whatnot. However, gw's use a lot of multi hitting attacks to approach (turtle is no surprise, nair, uair), which can really hurt the super armor approach. Other than against smash attacks and the fair, im not sure how well the SA approach will work.

Also how well does olimar do vs the up air? Someone mentioned that the dair works well against the up air (personally i've never seen it but ddd's can do something similiar so i wouldn't be surprised, i'll take your word for it). As far as i can remember the dair doesn't increase your falling speed right? Thus wouldn't doing a dair leave you really open for a nair immediately after the up air?

If i had to rate this matchup, without olimar's grab included, i would say it was extrememly one sided. Olimar's main approaches and quirks seem pretty nullified by gw, oli can't edgeguard gw, and i feel as though gw can edgeguard olimar pretty **** well. Its probably somewhere between 7-3 and 8-2 for gw w/o his grab.

Now lets think about how the grab actually affects this matchup, and does it make enough of a difference for it to be an even matchup? First off, it gives him an amazing approach, i can agree with that. I play olimar a lot and i use his grab way more than most characters, and for good reason, its sick. OOS, i feel as though against gw's turtle its good, but not good enough as it is possible to outspace your grab. If i decide to land behind you with a nair, you wouldn't be able to turn around a grab before i grabbed you i don't think. Because gw has quite a bit of aerial movement, its difficult for olimar to run away and grab most of the time, especially when you consider how much reach the turtle has.

In conclusion, his grab definitely makes up an integral part of this matchup, but i don't feel its enough to make it even. As i have stated in our matchup thread, 6-4 gw feels like an accurate depiction of the matchup for the reasons stated above. Please, counter arguements welcome, considering im not an olimar master and i do make mistakes and misjudgements.

*edit @ puddin* really? im actually quite shocked that this. Whenever i use olimar i feel like his dsmash is his slowest smash. It feels like there so much lag coming out that it makes the move near unuseable, but maybe im just putting it in the wrong situations.

Snail

Smash Lord
*edit @ puddin* really? im actually quite shocked that this. Whenever i use olimar i feel like his dsmash is his slowest smash. It feels like there so much lag coming out that it makes the move near unuseable, but maybe im just putting it in the wrong situations.
I don't exactly have time to respond to your complete post, but I just wanted to say that removing moves from Olimar for argumentation purposes isn't really that useful. Take G&W, remove his bair and claim an advantage because he can't approach. It's not that simple :D If a move were different, a character would play completely different so we can't say anything about that.

Um, also. Dsmash is incredibly fast. o_O

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll respond to the rest of this post when I get home.
well let me ask you guys this, considering that olimar has one of the longest grabs in the game (its also pretty fast, especially as far as grapple grabs go), who wouldn't he have an advantage against based on the "outcamp and win" strategy? I noticed you guys have some characters, such as marth, who has no projectile listed as a hard matchup. I would think that if you outspaced all his moves with pivot or running grabs you would always be able to beat a marth player, no?
Olimar "outcamps" every character except wolf imo. (Falco can reflect the pikmin, but if timed correctly, Oli can grab it.)

Pretty much every character that either can't deal with the pikmin or can't deal with Oli's grab game has a disadvantage against Olimar. This includes characters like Snake, DDD, Ganon, Ike, and TL off the top of my head.

imo, Marth v Olimar is around evenish. I listed the matchup as 40-60 just to be safe. I'm considering moving it to 45-55 Marth.

The thing about Marth that's different from most character is that he's fast enough to approach and has a couple safe approaches unlike most characters. His range helps him the most. He's also got a gimping game that can be hard for Olimar to get back to the stage against. Technically, Olimar can just run away and camp, but in reality, Marth's pressure offense( the best imo) helps shut this playstyle down. Olimar can't be too conservative.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
snail i merely did that because someone posted that olimar has a neutral matchup just because of the grab, and i was pointing out that there are a lot of other factors that go into the matchup.

Puddin

Smash Lord
snail i merely did that because someone posted that olimar has a neutral matchup just because of the grab, and i was pointing out that there are a lot of other factors that go into the matchup.
Lol bascially "tl:dr there is more to Olimar then his grab"

Snail

Smash Lord
That may be true, but if someone says Olimar-G&W is neutral because of Olimar's grab, he's basically saying G&W > Olimar but the grab makes up for it. He acknowledged all those other factors and decided that Olimar's grab is good enough to make up for the other advantages G&W has.

:/ Right?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
well i suppose you could say that but judging by the way said there's a punishment for all of his approaches with little explaination, maybe not.

How do you guys feel about the rest of the argument i proposed?

cutter

Smash Champion
The thing about Marth that's different from most character is that he's fast enough to approach and has a couple safe approaches unlike most characters. His range helps him the most. He's also got a gimping game that can be hard for Olimar to get back to the stage against. Technically, Olimar can just run away and camp, but in reality, Marth's pressure offense( the best imo) helps shut this playstyle down. Olimar can't be too conservative.
This does not make ANY sense at all. Marth having "safe approaches" ? What are these? If it involves Dancing Blade / Fair those are punishable. Marth is played best as a defensive character; punishing opponent's mistakes as the game goes along.

MK has the best pressure game in Brawl followed by G&W. They are probably the only two characters that can play very aggressively and get away with it despite Brawl's very defensive nature.

MK and G&W also have better gimping games than Marth and so do characters like ROB. I'm very confused.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'd say Mr. Game & Watch has the advantage against Olimar. Olimar can be edgehogged for a kill if he's knocked far enough horizontally and a lot of Mr. Game & Watch's attacks do just that. People are going to fling around Olimar's grab range, but Game & Watch could just as easily avoid the ground all together using Turtle or Neutral Air into his Up B clearing him of Olimar's range. Pikmin can be dispatched of instantaneously using Neutral Air and I already mention how to kill Olimar in about 60%; given that Mr. Game & Watch's spam attacks, particularly Down Smash send you flying at low percentages.

The match-up should stand at 40-60, Mr. Game & Watch's advantage.

Snail

Smash Lord
well i suppose you could say that but judging by the way said there's a punishment for all of his approaches with little explaination, maybe not.

How do you guys feel about the rest of the argument i proposed?
Yeah, probably. I only responded to your initial quote, so I dunno what else was in the post (;

As for the rest of the argument, it's okay. Olimar is not as easy to gimp as you imply in your post (whistle can block fair/bair, so :/) but yeah.

Most of G&W's advantages are only small though - both characters have disjointed hitboxes on all aerials (except Olimar's nair), G&W's just have a bit more range. Both characters have powerful smashes and KO each other early - G&W has the gimping advantage. G&W has the approach, Olimar has the camping. G&W has the turtle, Olimar has grabs.

G&W does do slightly better than Olimar in this matchup, but it's just a slight advantage - everything Olimar does, G&W does slightly better. It's not an outright **** matchup for G&W, and it's still winnable for Olimar. You'll just have to space well and outsmart your opponent. A bit like Marth I guess.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Yeah, probably. I only responded to your initial quote, so I dunno what else was in the post (;

As for the rest of the argument, it's okay. Olimar is not as easy to gimp as you imply in your post (whistle can block fair/bair, so :/) but yeah.

Most of G&W's advantages are only small though - both characters have disjointed hitboxes on all aerials (except Olimar's nair), G&W's just have a bit more range. Both characters have powerful smashes and KO each other early - G&W has the gimping advantage. G&W has the approach, Olimar has the camping. G&W has the turtle, Olimar has grabs.

G&W does do slightly better than Olimar in this matchup, but it's just a slight advantage - everything Olimar does, G&W does slightly better. It's not an outright **** matchup for G&W, and it's still winnable for Olimar. You'll just have to space well and outsmart your opponent. A bit like Marth I guess.
Olimar is very easy to gimp, but who needs to do all that when you can just edgehog him?

G&W's advantages aren't really small because he limits Olimar to a small well-protected zone called grab range.

This isn't a match where you trade blows, it's a match-up where Olimar throws Pikmin at GaW, waiting for him to slip up and make a mistake so that he can grab him and combo. What you're being faced with is Bair spam, lagless Nair approaches, and being KO'd at 60% from a combination of Dsmash and edgehogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom