• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
wow melo congrats that picture is probably going to be famous on the internet lol
Haha, and let it be known that smashboards is the first public appearance.

And not just smashboards, Diddy boards. :laugh:

Assuming that there isn't an identical picture somewhere. That would still be funny, though.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Does somebody want to explain why the pic is funny? And to play shiek, you have to complete your sentences first. That's important.

tibs7

Smash Champion
so what do i do against this stupid TL....all i got was run toward it lol.
i wish that gnes would say soemthing 'cause i know that he knows alot about it
ill be putting up vids soon of the match also, so you can lol at me getting owned

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've got nothing to say, the first time I played Santi my dumb *** let him run the clock on me, and then the second round I blindly rushed thinking "well if I don't do this, he'll run the clock again!!!" and got worked.

Don't get impatient, and don't blindly approach. Powershielding is easily the best thing you can do. Don't shieldbounce the bombs, as that's just ASKING for a follow-up in the face. Beware of his upsmash (main kill move, EXTREMELY telegraphed) and possibly fsmash mix-ups.

Zair is a bully!

Don't expect to trip tink too often, he's going to be airborne for a good 80% of the match. You CAN on the other hand edgeguard him very well, due to his rather linear recovery.

If he tries to tether grab, drop a naner onto his head or charge an upB (if you feel daring!@!@!) ;P

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you keep a wall of pressure in toonlink's face, it clashes with his and imo diddy is better up close in this matchup.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Haha Dekar got Santi'd. If u go offstage with toon link...u should die. They will always recover with a bomb in hand...which protects them to a extent from even meta gimping.
Oh god I'm dumb. I completely forgot about the bomb. I remembered the bomb planking they do (they drop from ledge, plucking a bomb at the same time, then throw it up to protect themselves and then DJ > upB to ledge, usually catching it like a douche).

and ya Gnes XD playing against him is how I learned how to waveland on moving platforms like on SV or RC though so it's all good, learning experience =P

How could we attempt to get around the bomb? When it's been plucked, does it always fall out of their hands, like a grenade? If so, we could set up with a naner and then attempt a flashy dair or go for the safe > retaliate to him bouncing up slightly with fair :D

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
yes we should talk about banning the character that has plenty of flaws and has mixed matchups over the one who's perfect and has flawless matchups
Woah, sensitive topic I guess. I wasn't bashing anyone's character; that was just me expressing that I would fight a MK over Snake any day of the week. I know MK is a better character with good reason so every body just chill the **** out.

Gnes

Smash Master
Wyatt...nair will send u off stage...dash attack will send u off stage...zair will send u off stage...his fair...which is safe on block will send u off stage...is that enough???

Dekar in all honesty i dont really dont try to edgeguard toon link considering if i make a mistake over the ledge its a stock. I usually just wait for them to come back on and frame trap their landing. (though i guess thats like pseudo-edgeguarding) Works every time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The only time I ever get gimped by Tlink is when he uses that Zair edgehog thing, which still works rarely because it really only works well when you're directly below him which is an easy situation to avoid.

I like to pluck bananas off stage when Tlink is recovering because it will **** up their up-b momentum stuff, basically if you hit them out of their up-b when they're a decent distance from the ledge with a banana then it's pretty much a free edgehog.

tibs7

Smash Champion
thanks for that gnes, ive watched a few of your friendlies verse jerm? i think, they were pretty good....which also helped.
as i said before, the matches will be put up pretty soon so if you could tell me what im doing wrong, that would bee so gooooooood =)
thanks.

Gnes

Smash Master
Uh the thing about plucking naners being a effective edgeguard against toon link...its not....

I mean it does work...but a good toon link will recover with a projectile defense(boomerang flying towards the ledge) bombs...etc.

As long as he has bomb in his hand...which he should always have, gimping him in regards to diddy is impossible.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I added Luigi to my list of second-stringers, and it's ****ing amazing.

I LOOK LIKE HIPPIEDUDE
Do you really? lol
I just read the old luigi v Diddy matchup thread.. and found that... is Le Thien talking about in general real life overall looks? >_>? or just his luigi looking similar to my luigi? (Except' lm a scrub and lm terrible and l look like west coast to Wyatt ;D)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Uh the thing about plucking naners being a effective edgeguard against toon link...its not....

I mean it does work...but a good toon link will recover with a projectile defense(boomerang flying towards the ledge) bombs...etc.

As long as he has bomb in his hand...which he should always have, gimping him in regards to diddy is impossible.
not if you're already in position to smash banana it, or you could just...you know...JUMP over it

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Australia's top 3 go as follows:

1. Toon Link
2. Diddy Kong
3. Metaknight

Yeah man.
****ed up **** right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom