• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
ok someone needs to help me with glidetossing.

whenever i glidetoss, it usually goes downward, even though i want it to go forward. i can glidetoss by rolling and pressing A, which is easier, but i can only do it forward. i don't want to get into a bad habit because i want to be able to glidetoss downward.

any help?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
@galax:
Just dnt spam any move more than once. bair is a decent mindgame move to use but its highly punishable. ur fair is actually quite useful in this matchup as pickachu can space himself well enough and time the fair to the point where when he lands its a free dsmash/upsmash/tilts/w.e. also QAC is cool and all but doesnt work when we can just barrel cancel. but hell mindgames>everything else. just be the smarter player. dont get pressured by glidetossing as some players tend to get repetitive. just adapt to the players movements. adapt to their combo sequences. no match there after should then be a problem.

@deadx:
practice ftw. I had same problem when i first started. just force urself. or slow it down a couple notches in practice mode.

DUB

Smash Lord
ok someone needs to help me with glidetossing.

whenever i glidetoss, it usually goes downward, even though i want it to go forward. i can glidetoss by rolling and pressing A, which is easier, but i can only do it forward. i don't want to get into a bad habit because i want to be able to glidetoss downward.

any help?
C-Stick!!!!!!!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Someone needs to research. How many frames it takes for diddy to throw the banana. This will help ALOT!!!

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

If you do have one please tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room and click get)

Fyr

Smash Rookie
alright... so how much do you guys use Hyphen Smashing? i seem to be using this alot in my games and it works out quite well at basicly all percents, and gives the opponent something more then dash attacks to worry about. Does anyone else use this, or is there an easy way to punish it im missing?

white peachy

Smash Ace
alright... so how much do you guys use Hyphen Smashing? i seem to be using this alot in my games and it works out quite well at basicly all percents, and gives the opponent something more then dash attacks to worry about. Does anyone else use this, or is there an easy way to punish it im missing?
I don't use it very often. I'd rather use an utilt/ usmash after a dash attack. I use it on luigi's mansion because running usmash--->rocketbarrels is too good but other than that, mixing up grabs and dash attacks work better most of the time. Hyphen smashing peach out of her float is ok sometimes, but monkey flip kick is generally a better option there also.

nasir123

Smash Ace
yea just hold upb while on ground its great for anti-projectile game :3. if someone says BARREL CANCEL!!! u better do that upb xD
yo i have tried to ust hold upB on the ground it doesnt work worth crap is there any other button combonations that i need to use?

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
yo i have tried to ust hold upB on the ground it doesnt work worth crap is there any other button combonations that i need to use?
You have to get hit by something (usually a projectile like a banana) for the rockets to cancel, if you don't its just a normal barrel recovery.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
an actual projectile/attack has to hit u during it. as suspect stated

@NJ. im quite sure the initial throw is like marths fair which is around 4-6 frames

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I been thinking about this....but never seen it since i just started using diddy.

Is there a way to get someone in a banana lock against a wall like a jab lock?...kinda

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I been thinking about this....but never seen it since i just started using diddy.

Is there a way to get someone in a banana lock against a wall like a jab lock?...kinda
just have one or two bananas out the best place to do this is of course delfino plaza. right when u get to the part where theres a floor slightly covered in water with a character length wall next to it on both sides. right there just pressure the opponent towards either wall and just keep tripping him then when ur tired of that or know the stage will lead u somewhere else dtilt spam into fsmash/uptilt/dtilt for free stock. tho it doesnt work all the time it really depends on the player ur facing and the character itself.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Incredibly stupid question coming up here but I can't find any clarification on this.

How do you do a Z-catch? Just catch something in midair with Z? Or do you change the controls around?

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
What can you do with side-B? I know the basics (Grab priority, diddy-hump-spiking, kick priority), but is there any more advanced stuff you can do?

I saw the vids of NL where he footstooled out of the kick on M2K (twice), and also footstooled out of aerial-hump-release. Are these true combos, or was M2K trippin'?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yea its a true combo. And sadly no one answered my question and instead had tangents. How many frames is it to throw a banana with the hitbox?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wish I could answer that, but my recording equipment will only work at 50hz
Meaning it wouldn't work :(

There's M2K's method of frame data collection...but he's probably the only person alive that could do it :(

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I wish I could answer that, but my recording equipment will only work at 50hz
Meaning it wouldn't work :(

There's M2K's method of frame data collection...but he's probably the only person alive that could do it :(
i use m2ks method. I happen to be the person who tested mks up-b for invincibility frames. IF no one is gonna do it i guess i have to.........

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
luigi can combo the **** out of Diddy. Diddy can do the same back but in a a way he has the advantage (just a bit) cause of his feet >_> i call this space game...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
There's no way it's a neutral matchup. Good Luigis are alot different than average ones
Think of it like this. Luigi's having the autopilot disease like you guys have. Diddy's mindless spamming bananas/fthrowing. Luigi mindlessly Dair Nair and/or alot of horrid spaced aerials. Basically offensive = bad and such. But w/e you catch my drift.

luigi can combo the **** out of Diddy. Diddy can do the same back but in a a way he has the advantage (just a bit) cause of his feet >_> i call this space game...
What do you mean his feet? how can diddy get a quick 30-40% on luigi at the pace luigi can?
Thats why i asked my question, whats matchup between them two.

One of my hardest matchups is against luigi just because its hard to lead to combo's since he slides so far and he can combo so well.

That's what I mean. Diddy has to literally play gayest with bananas and to rack up damage.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So I started mucking around with Diddy's boost grab and boost pivot grab and realised that I don't know much on the stats of it. Is there anything noteworthy about them? Have we ever discussed it?

I found Diddy's boost pivot grab to be particularly noteworthy, he slides a fair distance while he does it. Though I'm not really sure how useful his pivot grab is (and any of his boosted grabs for that matter), I'd like to get people's opinions on what it can and can't do.

DUB

Smash Lord
So I started mucking around with Diddy's boost grab and boost pivot grab and realised that I don't know much on the stats of it. Is there anything noteworthy about them? Have we ever discussed it?

I found Diddy's boost pivot grab to be particularly noteworthy, he slides a fair distance while he does it. Though I'm not really sure how useful his pivot grab is (and any of his boosted grabs for that matter), I'd like to get people's opinions on what it can and can't do.
I pivot grab ALOT.

I'm sure your familiar with this scenario:

You dash attack, and then the opponent immediately tries to airdodge ASAP.

Run straight threw them and pivot grab. Great Success.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I pivot grab ALOT.

I'm sure your familiar with this scenario:

You dash attack, and then the opponent immediately tries to airdodge ASAP.

Run straight threw them and pivot grab. Great Success.
same here. GET GRABBED without even knowing it. I glidetoss to pivot grab......talk about sexy and confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom