• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
is glide toss> BDACUS possible? also, does diddy have a DACUS? someone told me all characters have dacus' so i wanna know FOR SURE.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you can glide toss>bdacus. I doubt its a combo though, bdacus goes too far.

Smash Ace
Only if you think your ready...but once you decide to start shooting peanuts...there is no going back. Its a life long commitment...and I dont think your man enough to go through with it

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
How do people record gameplay off of their Wii.

I'm looking at you Ingulit and your luscious video quality. >.>
I use the Diamond One-Touch VC500 Capture Device. It's a USB cord attached to this rectangle thing that has inputs for S-Video and RWY cables. I purchased a Wii video cable that had an S-Video AND yellow video-out cable and purchased two piggybacks for the audio. So basically my setup is:

Video cable plugs into Wii
S-Video cable plugs into Diamond One-Touch
Red and White cables plug into piggybacks on the One-Touch
I purchased a double-female plug for the Yellow cable and attached it to that
Then I run the extended Yellow cable and the two piggybacked audio cables to my TV

That way I can record and play at the same time. I can go into more detail later when I'm not late for class x.0

EDIT: Watch this, it's what I used to figure it out:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24789676&user=jimb0

Today I saw a number plate that read 523-LGL

523 ledge grabs? Maybe in an 80 minute match.
I lulled

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Especially YI and BF.
+Jungles Japes
Hells yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think BF is our best neutral against most characters. Yoshi's island is good against MK because it's harder for him to gimp us there. I also think Japes is good vs. MK because of the way it is built.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
too far. Question for all diddy players. What do you guys do when your opponent catches one of your peanuts. I wait for them to throw it or glide toss it so I can throw a banana at them. this breaks the peanut and hits them. I was also wondering if there are any characters that have such a bad item throw that we can just pressure their shield and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it

Smash Ace
Idk if its the best plan but when someone has a peanut I usually just rushem down, because they think for some reason that hitting me with the peanut will stop me. Against a better player however I just get my bananas setup if they aren't already for some reason.

i aint scurred of peanuts

DFEAR

Smash Hero
anytime a person has anything in their hands, besides diddy, cannot use Jabs, tilts, smashes (few exceptions character specific) unless they z caught it in which they are allowed 1-3 aerials before being able to actually throw the item. using this knowledge u can now determine a mixup between B moves, throws, z drops,etc...anything else will just be irrelevant towards the main goal of the match. know thy opponents habits and mixups. u must sacrifice yourself to the mixup of your opponent unless u clearly guessed/reacted to what he/she has done with your item the first time. if he/she repeats the mixup...hey free punish...if it changes...its a guess...if a pattern is present...free punish yet again...its all rock paper scissors. you as a SMART player must decide between what options you can do against the above and decide between being proactive or reactive.

btw RC IS ****ING AMAZING...omg...literally new counterpick...no joke im dead serious.

btw peanut is like falco's lazer...it has almost no hitstun but enough where u can do something about it...u can actually CONTINUE dashing WHILE being hit by both lazer and peanut. so feel free to do ANYTHING to your opponents CLEAR MISTAKE of throwing a peanut at you.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
:190: refers to aipom. Aipom is pokemon #190 and on smashboards, putting an early pokemon's number between those colons brings them up.

:056: is my favorite -> : 056 : (Without spaces)

10etcetra is an old smashboards joke that refers to people dodging the 10 character limit in posts.

For example, people would reply:

to make the post work (since the word 'okay' on its own is too short).

I see you're from Melbourne land lol.
Will you be at Robocop?
Oh I get it >_>
aipoms a monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom