• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing this out there: All the good warios ive played (even on wifi :< ) have pretty much always teched the gr dair, and even worse most tech it then counter... cant diddy gr to diddyhump into a footstool after? ive been pulling it off a lot against the people i played and i was wondering if the footstool or diddyhump was guaranteed or was i just reading their di and foot stooling them after their jump?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So, I'm not the biggest fan of the current guide seeing as it was written by one person and is out-of-date. So, I made this group that has a discussion topic for every move. If you guys could join the group and comment on the moves you want to comment on, I think we could get some actually useful information gathered to later be put into a post. Right now I only have a group for the moveset, not the ATs or anything like that. So please, join and post!

The Diddy Community Guide to Diddy Kong - Part 1: The Moveset

I'm going to re-post this in the General Diddy Guide too.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm double posting for great justice

I have created Part 2 of the Community Guide Group, the AT discussion. Use it the same way as the Moveset discussion; rate each AT from 1-5 and give your thoughts on its usefulness. I'll post a link to both parts:

The Diddy Community Guide to Diddy Kong - Part 1, The Moveset
The Diddy Community Guide to Diddy Kong - Part 2, The ATs

I made both this group and the Part 1 group available to read even if you're not a group member (I forgot to enable this on Part 1, but it's fixed now). If you have anything to say at all about either part, join that group and post!

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
when ever I play against cpu diddy as MK and I D-tilt or D-smash, he sometimes U-smashes and it goes through my attacks and hits me. I think it has to do with the fact that diddy jumps off the ground when he U-smashes. It seems kind of useful if your opponent spams D-tilt

MBlaze

Smash Champion
when ever I play against cpu diddy as MK and I D-tilt or D-smash, he sometimes U-smashes and it goes through my attacks and hits me. I think it has to do with the fact that diddy jumps off the ground when he U-smashes. It seems kind of useful if your opponent spams D-tilt
I notice the same thing when I use Up tilt as Diddy and he jumps over and dodges MK's D smash, happens often with me.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Its still an awesome looking retreat :D...too bad i cant do it to save my life :(

but luckily its not as important of a move as I thought it was gonna be

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Thanks to everyone so far for posting in the Moveset group! Don't stop, because I'm hoping we can amalgamate a lot of info on each move before we try to make a new guide (which we need to do eventually >.>).

Since nobody has posted in the AT group yet, I'm wondering if I am wrong to structure the AT group in the same way as the Moveset group. Should I have made it different somehow to encourage people to post in that one too, or have y'all just not gotten around to it?

Also, I really should post my own comments soon-ish <.<

EDIT: I made my own topic for these groups, so check that out :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
leavin for raleighhhh tonight :3...time for DA PEANUT HYPE...plus florida spirit bomb AYO AYO!!!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, I just did something very cool but now I can't reproduce it. I was playing against a Snake and he planted a mine with D-Smash. Several seconds later I BDACUSed, completely forgetting the mine was there, and I slid right over the mine without it blowing up. The mine had been out long enough to explode, and there was no explosion or any visual cue. The mine blew up normally soon after. I couldn't save the replay, and now I can't get it to work in Practice Mode... Can anyone tell me what happened?

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah but that doesn't explain why it went off a few seconds later unless he threw a grenade or something and you didn't see it

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
ive done it :/
with naners too...

i'll go into training and test

edit: you can definitely do it, set a mine at one tip of the center "diamond" of fd and bdacus from the other one, it doesnt have to be exact either...

edit2: you can bdacus over a mine if its approximately greater than one sideb away and less than one sideb + one roll away
also, it doesnt matter if its a charged dsmash or not

what stage was this on?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Whats the name of the up b boosting glitch? Idk if its in the social group for discussion yet

Boofy!

Smash Champion
ok so everyone needs to take after gnes and start ****** in dubz with diddy.. i was always scurred to use him in doubles but he's a monster, real talk.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
he is really goo but your partner has to really understand diddy in order for the team to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom