• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah i've been figuring out the diddy matchup.

NL you should play me at gauntlet and teach me :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yeah i've been figuring out the diddy matchup.

NL you should play me at gauntlet and teach me :D
Didnt i say im NOT telling? I'm not teaching anyone ICs........already have one issue with another character rising in ranks cause of me....or maybe more lol. I'd prolly get ICs #4 cause of ppl's ignorance.

ANYWAY, Anyone figured it out yet? I still got cookies waiting lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hehe its controllable...did it in tourney against Thioxyanide....him glidetossing a naner at me and i cancelled it by droppin mine on hit.......should i tell how? idk if i should lol
Don't worry guys, I'm making a video and it's gonna show allllllll the MK and Diddy secrets both. Can't hide secrets.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Don't worry guys, I'm making a video and it's gonna show allllllll the MK and Diddy secrets both. Can't hide secrets.
Is this just an attempt to show that Diddy isn't a counter to MK to try and further your appeal for a ban? -_-

EDIT: Let it be known that I don't give a crap about secrets; I made Potassium Overdose after all.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Is this just an attempt to show that Diddy isn't a counter to MK to try and further your appeal for a ban? -_-

EDIT: Let it be known that I don't give a crap about secrets; I made Potassium Overdose after all.
And i made Special K edgeguard before that. GGs lol

lol @ overswarm.....who doesnt know anything lol. I've known alot of **** for a long time....u dont kno what i kno lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And i made Special K edgeguard before that. GGs lol

lol @ overswarm.....who doesnt know anything lol. I've known alot of **** for a long time....u dont kno what i kno lol
Haha, I might actually know more than you believe it or not. :)

This happened before that started up again, actually. It might move the argument one way or another, but I'm gonna do this for "hot topic" matchups in the future and set up a template for people to use so we can advance the metagame.

You guys can help if you want; just post in the Diddy vs. MK threads.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
i know everything about diddy, i found a peanut trick against snake that will stop his camping im da bes

and that banana trick ninjalink holdin out on yall is easy ill tell you next month if he doesnt tell u first.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
ugh....this thread needs more dekar and instant throwing rants
instant throwing is what's up.

Also, it's so annoying that a lot of top level Diddys say they know new stuff but refuse to tell anyone. Like ADHD with his thread a few weeks ago about some crippling strategy against us. Or NL just now in this thread about how you can force a banana drop. Knowing these things would help Diddys evolve and get better but noooooo, you don't want anyone catching on and beating you :I

...at least post it in the dBR.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i figured it out finally. took me literally 5 hrs of testing to figure this ****ing thing out. ty NL for the inspiration. now to put it to use against other chars to see if it truly works. i got it 85% down on king d3 and kinda on falco at low-mid% .

also figured out something else, everytime i use certain moves 4/5 times the banana will auto drop from the opponent and i do not trip when he drops it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
instant throwing is what's up.

Also, it's so annoying that a lot of top level Diddys say they know new stuff but refuse to tell anyone. Like ADHD with his thread a few weeks ago about some crippling strategy against us. Or NL just now in this thread about how you can force a banana drop. Knowing these things would help Diddys evolve and get better but noooooo, you don't want anyone catching on and beating you :I

...at least post it in the dBR.
Maybe u are new around here but alot of ppl can tell u. I discovered almost all of the ATs for diddy and helped in move along ALOT. I had all those vids explaining them. I think i can say....i helped enough lol

(wasnt ranting)

EDIT: Thank you DFEAR for figuring it out on your own. At least DFEAR tried and not bytched about it. Thats what im TRYING to make ppl do.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Knowing these things would help Diddys evolve and get better but noooooo, you don't want anyone catching on and beating you :I
Since when is Brawl about anything other than lining the good players' pockets? Why would they tell us when they can just keep winning by themselves?

I take back what I said about the metagame advancing; it's going to ****. All this secrecy is utter and complete bull****, and it's for nothing other than keeping the good players good and the bad players bad. Either that, or ADHD and NinjaLink just have a huge attention complex they need to feed by coming up with "secrets."

As for the rest of the community, why don't you go shoot some more god**** peanuts, that's all practically all any of the good Diddys have been saying the past few months. You might as well just stay in your ****ing backroom where things actually get done and stay there, because I'm sick of wading though all that bull while begging people "oh you know so much please tell us because you're so awesome stroke ego stroke ego!!!" in this vain attempt to get better. I really don't give a **** how good any of you are if this is the way you're going to keep acting, and that goes for any of you sheep who put up with it just because the players are "good."

Diddy suddenly becomes a national contender and now all we're concerned about is making sure that nobody will ever beat us ever, even if that means not telling fellow Diddy players for the sake of keeping things "secret." Keep winning your god**** tournaments you pricks, I'm done.

/ragequit

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Since when is Brawl about anything other than lining the good players' pockets? Why would they tell us when they can just keep winning by themselves?

I take back what I said about the metagame advancing; it's going to ****. All this secrecy is utter and complete bull****, and it's for nothing other than keeping the good players good and the bad players bad. Either that, or ADHD and NinjaLink just have a huge attention complex they need to feed by coming up with "secrets."

As for the rest of the community, why don't you go shoot some more god**** peanuts, that's all practically all any of the good Diddys have been saying the past few months. Why don't you all just go back to your ****ing backroom where things actually get done and stay there, because I'm done wading though all that bull while begging people "oh you know so much please tell us because you're so awesome stroke ego stroke ego!!!" in this vain attempt to get better. I really don't give a **** how good any of you are if this is the way you're going to keep acting, and that goes for any of you sheep who put up with it just because the players are "good."

Diddy suddenly becomes a national contender and now all we're concerned about is making sure that nobody will ever beat us ever, even if that means not telling fellow Diddy players for the sake of keeping things "secret." Keep winning your god**** tournaments you pricks, I'm done.

/ragequit

I think....u need to read my post and calm down.

Moral of the story.....dont expect handouts all the time. Point is, yea we can help each other out NOT take everyones elses input and dont put any in urself.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Moral of the story.....dont expect handouts all the time. Point is, yea we can help each other out NOT take everyones elses input and dont put any in urself.
I spent DAYS writing and revising the Kongpendium, I've been keeping up with a ton of well-organized threads to spur continued discussion and conversation into the metagame, and I've logged countless hours here just updating and re-formatting my threads so that newcomers can come in and learn the advanced techniques without having to ask "Why did NinjaLink make all his videos private?!!/1?" over and over again.

If it's believed that I haven't contributed to this community... then I have absolutely NO clue what kind of standards you have towards contribution, and all I can give is a hardy **** you if you think so.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I spent DAYS writing and revising the Kongpendium, I've been keeping up with a ton of well-organized threads to spur continued discussion and conversation into the metagame, and I've logged countless hours here just updating and re-formatting my threads so that newcomers can come in and learn the advanced techniques without having to ask "Why did NinjaLink make all his videos private?!!/1?" over and over again.

If it's believed that I haven't contributed to this community... then I have absolutely NO clue what kind of standards you have towards contribution, and all I can give is a hardy **** you if you think so.
Post wasnt towards u which is y i spaced it. Sorry if it felt that way. Just sayin that in general. I understand how much u contributed which i admire. Good guy u are :)
I'll try to unprivate them when i get the chance.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Post wasnt towards u which is y i spaced it. Sorry if it felt that way. Just sayin that in general. I understand how much u contributed which i admire. Good guy u are :)
I'll try to unprivate them when i get the chance.
...Thank you, and I very much apologize. I've got a bit of rage adrenaline going, and kinda blew up when I misinterpreted it.

And unprivating the videos would be really, really good, because that way I can link them properly in the Kongpendium... and regardless, that'd save a lot of confusion on new players' parts, I'm sure.

EDIT: Guh, ragggggge T_T Sorry, y'all.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
...Thank you, and I very much apologize. I've got a bit of rage adrenaline going, and kinda blew up when I misinterpreted it.

And unprivating the videos would be really, really good, because that way I can link them properly in the Kongpendium... and regardless, that'd save a lot of confusion on new players' parts, I'm sure.
Its cool. I always make ppl rage in game and out.....Like this

Good times......Good times

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Since when is Brawl about anything other than lining the good players' pockets?
If anyone believes that they play this game competitively for the money and only for the money, they are dumb. I really shouldn't have to elaborate any more then that. That's literally just stupid thinking. It's like saying "yeah, I really like doing boring things and working really hard for small amounts of money that is never guaranteed." None of us play solely for the money. That would be absolutely stupid.

In other words, to answer the question:
Since it was released.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anyone believes that they play this game competitively for the money and only for the money, they are dumb
Err... I quit my job and lived off of Brawl for almost a year without feeling a pinch, only getting a job when I found one that paid enough to make it worth my while.

Diddy mains, what are the things that people have "hinted at" that you want to know? I should be able to figure most of it out and make vids for you when my project is finished. Just post 'em here or write them on my visitor wall.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Err... I quit my job and lived off of Brawl for almost a year without feeling a pinch, only getting a job when I found one that paid enough to make it worth my while.

Diddy mains, what are the things that people have "hinted at" that you want to know? I should be able to figure most of it out and make vids for you when my project is finished. Just post 'em here or write them on my visitor wall.
Yes, but you chose to get money through Brawl because you also have fun playing it. Be it the game or the community or whatever, you enjoy the game enough so that it was worth quitting your job over. If this is not true, then you are dumb. Why would you ever quit a reliable source of income for possibly one of the worst ways to make money (on top of that, something you dislike)? Even if you dislike your job as well, it's clearly a better way of making money.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yes, but you chose to get money through Brawl because you also have fun playing it. Be it the game or the community or whatever, you enjoy the game enough so that it was worth quitting your job over. If this is not true, then you are dumb. Why would you ever quit a reliable source of income for possibly one of the worst ways to make money (on top of that, something you dislike)? Even if you dislike your job as well, it's clearly a better way of making money.
Working one day a week on a schedule of my own choosing making tax free money > taxed income where I have to follow a strict schedule. I enjoy my freedom.

Plus, no income is guaranteed. You can get fired the moment they feel like it.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Working one day a week on a schedule of my own choosing making tax free money > taxed income where I have to follow a strict schedule. I enjoy my freedom.

Plus, no income is guaranteed. You can get fired the moment they feel like it.
Playing a video game you enjoy for money > any job at this level. Stop trying to pretend you dislike this game just to try to counter my point, haha. If you disliked this game you wouldn't devote so much time to it and it's community. You know **** well it's a big reason in why you play it competitively.

And you know what I mean when I say guaranteed. We can go on like that and I can say "lol nothings guaranteed, I can die tomorrow HUURRRR." You have a bad day in Smash (one bad day), there goes your income for that week. If I have a bad day working at place X... I won't, because nothing at this level is that difficult, lulz. Clearly a conventional job > Smash for an income. You know it, I know it, everyone should know it. Quit arguing for the sake of arguing.

God this argument is dumb.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
If anyone believes that they play this game competitively for the money and only for the money, they are dumb. I really shouldn't have to elaborate any more then that. That's literally just stupid thinking. It's like saying "yeah, I really like doing boring things and working really hard for small amounts of money that is never guaranteed." None of us play solely for the money. That would be absolutely stupid.

In other words, to answer the question:
Since it was released.
...you missed the point. I'd rather not press it, though, I was raggggggin :dizzy:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
...you missed the point. I'd rather not press it, though, I was raggggggin :dizzy:
You were saying that pros keep things from the rest of the community to make sure they don't improve so that the pros can continue making money. I'm saying that it's sad when people lose sight of why they chose to play this game competitively.
True, that's not really what I said there, but I planned on getting there, haha.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You were saying that pros keep things from the rest of the community to make sure they don't improve so that the pros can continue making money. I'm saying that it's sad when people lose sight of why they chose to play this game competitively.
True, that's not really what I said there, but I planned on getting there, haha.
Okay, yeah, you got it, my bad.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Playing a video game you enjoy for money > any job at this level. Stop trying to pretend you dislike this game just to try to counter my point, haha. If you disliked this game you wouldn't devote so much time to it and it's community. You know **** well it's a big reason in why you play it competitively.

And you know what I mean when I say guaranteed. We can go on like that and I can say "lol nothings guaranteed, I can die tomorrow HUURRRR." You have a bad day in Smash (one bad day), there goes your income for that week. If I have a bad day working at place X... I won't, because nothing at this level is that difficult, lulz. Clearly a conventional job > Smash for an income. You know it, I know it, everyone should know it. Quit arguing for the sake of arguing.

God this argument is dumb.
I evaluated my income potential based off of standards already set in place by professional poker players. I had a "smash bankroll" and set aside a certain percentage of each tournament's winnings to put directly in my bank account and had done so for a month before quitting my job so I had a decent enough bankroll to start off with and my bill paid for two months in advance. It was a pretty sweet ride and I'd probably still be on it if I didn't have a combination of Mew2King moving next door and student loan payments every month. :\

I don't really enjoy Brawl with MK, but I do enjoy the community.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I evaluated my income potential based off of standards already set in place by professional poker players. I had a "smash bankroll" and set aside a certain percentage of each tournament's winnings to put directly in my bank account and had done so for a month before quitting my job so I had a decent enough bankroll to start off with and my bill paid for two months in advance. It was a pretty sweet ride and I'd probably still be on it if I didn't have a combination of Mew2King moving next door and student loan payments every month. :\

I don't really enjoy Brawl with MK, but I do enjoy the community.
That being said, and please be honest, would you still rely solely on Brawl as income and devote your time to playing it competitively if you hated the community?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That being said, and please be honest, would you still rely solely on Brawl as income and devote your time to playing it competitively if you hated the community?
I have student loans and the best player in the world at many of my tournaments, so no.

If I didn't have student loans and the best player in the world here but hated the community (going back in time but changing my view on the Ohio community to a negative one, basically)? Yes, definitely.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have student loans and the best player in the world at many of my tournaments, so no.

If I didn't have student loans and the best player in the world here but hated the community (going back in time but changing my view on the Ohio community to a negative one, basically)? Yes, definitely.
I'm sorry if I have a hard time believing that you would willingly do something you dislike around people you hate for money, when there are clearly better, easier, more reliable ways of making money. If you dislike every aspect of something and there are better options, there's literally no reason to continue with it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm sorry if I have a hard time believing that you would willingly do something you dislike around people you hate for money, when there are clearly better, easier, more reliable ways of making money. If you dislike every aspect of something and there are better options, there's literally no reason to continue with it.
It was better than sitting at a computer all day doing nothing, trust me. Easy money is all fine and good, but if you have to do it multiple days throughout the week being bored out of your skull you'd be willing to take a lesser evil.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I've tried to contribute to the community (see situational tricks and single naner locking threads) but overall I'm not an inherently good player and I don't have the tons of experience that top players do in, well, playing. Obviously, I'm not going to think of techs or changes in playstyles or ways to overcome bad match-ups because I'm not a top or even good Diddy, despite playing hours upon hours of (wi-fi) matches and pleading to be allowed to go to tournaments (which usually results in failure).

I don't (think I) expect to get handouts all the time, but I don't see the reasoning in hiding a useful tech from other players just because you can. And it's not like I tried to test this when you said it--I spent good chunks of time yesterday and today trying to get the super-boost-Usmash whatever and this down. I don't even know where to start.

I'm grateful for NL and other top Diddys moving along his metagame a lot, and I don't think the Diddy community in general is asking to know every little nuance and secret of top level play. But this seems like just a basic AT. I don't see the good in hiding it. At the very least, why would one pretty much say, "I know a useful AT but I'm not going to tell anyone," and just taunt us? I always thought that it was a character board's goal to advance everyone's general style of play.

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way, but I'm just confused and obviously frustrated.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
This thread needs some Selena Gomez to get back off track and become more positive. You guys are being gay. :)

Anyway, any of you guys familiar with the Jiggz match up enough so you can help RiVer? I have never played a Jiggz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom