• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Bananas were under my control, wasn't holding any, was up-close and personal vs. lucario... He powershielded an attack, and what happened in the video that I'll put up in a few moments is the result of whatever happened. I probably dash-attacked to pick a banana up or something, don't really remember... The video is like 3 months old. Maybe once I see it up-close I'll remember.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy does have a Dacus, you have to use the A button instead of the Z button, like Sheik, but it's pretty much pointless because it travels even less of a distance that a hyphen smash.

Player-1

Smash Legend
he has one...you can do it on any stage at any time, it's the same input as Sheik's Dacus, meaning instead of using Z you have to use A, but it's not very useful because a hyphen Usmash is quicker AND gets more range. The only possible use for this is picking up a banana while Usmashing

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
yeah, i said that i meant to say that diddy has a dacus , but Kewkky said that something happened to make his up smash go farther than usual
the usmash was done in FD, and it traversed approximately between 1/3 -> 1/2 of FD's whole stage. I'll try and post the vid in this hour, when the TV's commercials start I'll record it in a videocamera. Sorry if the quality isn't to your liking! It's average quality.

EDIT: Nvm, the distance traversed by the DACUS is EVEN LONGER than what i mentioned. This is it.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, Sheikant (my crew mate) was the Diddy. I was saying it was me because I more or less can make out more than he can about his button inputs.

whoa that was a far usmash

maybe it was a momentum glitch?
like with the reverse popgun and barrel glitches

idk... really strange

what button presses did you input?
Judging from the whole thing... Right before he did an usmash, some dust came up behind him, meaning he dashed beforehand. Now, a DACUS has the ability of traversing stages as far/fast as what we saw Diddy doing in that video, so it could be the reason as to why Diddy did just that. So, I'm guessing he did a dash attack, cancelled it, then usmashed before it was too late.

By the way, the DACUS (?) kept going until Diddy reached the edge. That's how far it slided. WWAYYY more than a hyphen smash.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Could someone please slow down the replay I posted up there? If not, then tell me how I can slow it down, so I can see if I can recreate it consistently.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Nah it happened to me on smashville and FD. If we could duplicate this, imagine how amazing it would be XD We could attack people's shields without any possible way of being punished! And plus, not to mention, cover a ridiculous length of ground with a single attack.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNUvpCPFZY

The mysterious pseudo-DACUS re-appears I see.:laugh:

There must be some way to buffer this or something. Or it's just a weird FD glitch.
[off_topic]
Ohoho, my replay's over 3 months old! I just uploaded it today cuz I've been lazy... ;D
[/off_topic]

YES Thank you for the vid! Now I'll be able to experiment more...

So, so far, I see:

1) when Diddy lands
2) Diddy dashes
3) Usmash happens right when the dash happens (or a fraction of a second later... maybe 1-3 frames afterwards)

So, people, start experimenting. I'll do my share, since I surfaced the whole topic, and start experimenting myself once House ends. ;)

EDIT: Can you guys make an even slower slow-mo of any of the two replays? I need frame-by-frame slowmo, if possible, from the instant Diddy touches the ground, to like a second after the DACUS begins..

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, Sheikant (my crew mate) was the Diddy. I was saying it was me because I more or less can make out more than he can about his button inputs.

Judging from the whole thing... Right before he did an usmash, some dust came up behind him, meaning he dashed beforehand. Now, a DACUS has the ability of traversing stages as far/fast as what we saw Diddy doing in that video, so it could be the reason as to why Diddy did just that. So, I'm guessing he did a dash attack, cancelled it, then usmashed before it was too late.

By the way, the DACUS (?) kept going until Diddy reached the edge. That's how far it slided. WWAYYY more than a hyphen smash.
actually I rewatched it many times, and dust didn't come up from behind him in either video, and if there was a small cloud of dust, it isn't the same as the normal dust from the dash. So starting the dash animation might not have anything to do with it

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
actually I rewatched it many times, and dust didn't come up from behind him in either video, and if there was a small cloud of dust, it isn't the same as the normal dust from the dash. So starting the dash animation might not have anything to do with it
My vid has a cloud of dust behind Diddy when he starts the 'DACUS', however the other video doesn't. Thanks for pointing that out, I could've been doing the wrong thing over and over.

I still wish we'd have a frame-by-frame cut of the second replay, starting from when diddy lands, and ending a bit after the 'DACUS' hits G&W.

Player-1

Smash Legend
My vid has a cloud of dust behind Diddy when he starts the 'DACUS', however the other video doesn't. Thanks for pointing that out, I could've been doing the wrong thing over and over.

I still wish we'd have a frame-by-frame cut of the second replay, starting from when diddy lands, and ending a bit after the 'DACUS' hits G&W.
no, your vid has a small little dust cloud come up I think the same type of cloud appears when you do a Usmash anyway, it's not the normal Dash dust cloud that comes up

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
no, your vid has a small little dust cloud come up I think the same type of cloud appears when you do a Usmash anyway, it's not the normal Dash dust cloud that comes up
Either way, the fact that at least one of them doesn't have a cloud dust, means the dash probably wasn't part of it.

Lemme experiment for a while.......... I'll get back to you guys with the results, although i really wish someone would help me out by making a super slow-mo replay of the video that isn't mine.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Either way, the fact that neither has a cloud dust means the dash probably wasn't part of it.

Lemme experiment for a while.......... I'll get back to you guys with the results, although i really wish someone would help me out by making a super slow-mo replay of the video that isn't mine.
that's what I was saying...

The thing that I see in common with both videos is that both people are hit into the air with both of them doing some momentum changing move into the Usmash.

I was testing it earlier and I got one that got a decent length but not far, but I wasn't sure if it was Usmash or me dashing and my eyes just playing tricks on me

white peachy

Smash Ace
It is weird though that one is performed after a dthrow banana from the air and the other from the flip kick. I think it would have to be buffered upon landing somehow....but what input(s) you'd have to use I have no idea. This game is annoyingly stupid sometimes.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Before we get all bugged out with this, has anyone even thought of a way to use it? I mean, it looks really cool, but still. I think the only thing we could really use it for is to hit someone hovering in the air and even then they'll have a couple seconds to see it coming.

My point is that I don't know if this is worth the time.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Before we get all bugged out with this, has anyone even thought of a way to use it? I mean, it looks really cool, but still. I think the only thing we could really use it for is to hit someone hovering in the air and even then they'll have a couple seconds to see it coming.

Well, lets see...

1) Quick hits when the enemy's short-hopping without fear of being counterattacked (dashing from a side of the enmy to the other while still hitting him)

2) Creates or destroys distance between you and your opponent.

3) Reliable way of moving past your opponent (shieldgrabbing snake's mortarslide isn't as easy as it seems to be, when used spontaneously).

4) Obvious mindgame reasons, like every other DACUS can be used for.

Those are 4 that come to mind. Any that you don't like?

EDIT: I'm tired of trying to get it to work. I wish I had a frame-by-frame replay of the last video. Without it, I don't think I'll be able to do anything, I need to see EXACTLY what Diddy does, from when he touches the ground, to when he hits G&W with the usmash.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

You can't say something isn't useful before we can even use it yet O.o They probably said the same thing about Edison's 1000 tries to make the lightbulb when they already had candles. And look how that turned out.

EDIT: Also, what else is the Diddy metagame doing these days? :p

EDIT 2: Notice that in the wat video, Diddy sorta bounces when he lands after throwing the banana instead of getting landing lag. Does that happen in your video?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ok i finally learned and mastered using reverse peanut gun midair. now how exactly do i utilize this "safely" o.o?

( flick the control stick left or right let the stick hit neutral then immediately press b i thought it be harder but it isnt o.o)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
ok i finally learned and mastered using reverse peanut gun midair. now how exactly do i utilize this "safely" o.o?

( flick the control stick left or right let the stick hit neutral then immediately press b i thought it be harder but it isnt o.o)
If by "safely," you mean "the appropriate time to use this," it's good for retreating to keep your opponent back and for some off-the stage/midair turnaround techs if you reverse cancel it (if you need to be facing the other direction in the air). I'm not great with tech skill, but retreating reverse peanuts help a lot.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If by "safely," you mean "the appropriate time to use this," it's good for retreating to keep your opponent back and for some off-the stage/midair turnaround techs if you reverse cancel it (if you need to be facing the other direction in the air). I'm not great with tech skill, but retreating reverse peanuts help a lot.
k ty :3 thats what i was lookin for. it helps alot in the air. but i also want to know.
does it help the DI at high %'s?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
k ty :3 thats what i was lookin for. it helps alot in the air. but i also want to know.
does it help the DI at high %'s?
After the Bair > Fastfall > Jump, if you're high up, I suppose you could B-Reverse the popgun and charge it up to get a momentum burst back towards the stage after you've fallen a bit. I've seen a few of the better players do this from time to time, but again, meh tech skill is lacking to give you my own opinion of it ;.; It looks useful, though.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i've been trying to b bounce the popgun while recovering for obvious reasons, but first i'm bad at bouncing and second i don't think it'd work due to the strong momentum :/
has anyone else tried it ever ?

on the b reverse popgun thing, i usually use it when not facing a fox/wolf/mario to pull a banana in front of me and secure my recovery. Charging it could be good too, but only if you're high since it's pretty laggy. If i really want to hit someone offstage, i use my fair ; not my bair, that's why it's not always adviced to use it.

btw, i'm totally stealing that quote in your sig Ingulit lol

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
I'm a pretty advanced Diddy player and now I'm just looking for ways to get better and mix up Diddy's game a little bit. One thing I've been trying is to use the bananas as bait rather than attacks so I've been working on Diddy's game without bananas and I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on how dependent Diddy's game is upon his bananas. I understand why he's A tier with his banana game and all, but in my opinion without the bananas he would be much further down. What does everyone think?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea wtf was that O________O . seems like a very useful at to me! o-o wtf seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom