• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Lol you scrub. don't you use mk?
Also diddy goes even with marth.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy ***** marth... you really have to take account for spacing/frame data/ footsies/zoning

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I always thought Marth beat Diddy. I distinctly remember ~1 year ago when (practically) everyone thought Diddy's hardest match-ups were Marth, Peach, and Luigi. What changed exactly?

EDIT: To make this more fun, what ARE Diddy's hardest match-ups anymore?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Is marth's F-throw 2x to D-air legit? MikeHaze almost three stocked me because of that

Player-1

Smash Legend
Me Vs reflex at a recent tournament in WF, I have GF coming up soon and LF coming vs a wario player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJAFvjNIsAE

I get ***** so hard by Squirtle on the ledge, I can't find any good options to get up from it =/, I have a couple of other things I'll try, but they're more technical so I'll practice them since Squirtle ***** people off of one little mistake, especially offstage

vato_break

Smash Master
I only watched the first match but, the one time you jumped from the ledge you actually didn't get punished so you should try to do that more and if think you might get hit, B-reversepeanutgun cancel or airdodge after you jump(of if you have a naner in hand airdodge Z drop). I play with a good pokemon trainer in my crew alot, mata( a good PT who used to live in FL). and from what i learned is if you camp squirtal he can't really do much, if he hits your sheild at all its always a free punish. also Dtilt beats all his ground approaches! you kinda ***** his other pokemon so i think you got this

Player-1

Smash Legend
If you watched the rest of the games you would notice that he ***** me even when I started to jump from the ledge =/, I'll try more dtilt next time, but it's hard to camp him because of how aggressive and fast his squirtle is. I get pressured into the ledge then get forced onto the ledge. If I get bananas out then I can do pretty good, but they're reaslly hard to get out without him punishing you hard.

vato_break

Smash Master
It all comes down to mixing it up then, just try baiting him to do something then punish what ever he does. You could probably just stall squirtle out too by using repeated upB's on the ledge.

Player-1

Smash Legend
40 LGL, plus that's an easy pivot drop gimp.

(which I almost passed, I time Dyno out by 1% on norfair with 37 ledge grabs)

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Marth is able to 2x-Fthrow to Dair or Fsmash. I've had Sake and Zex perform both on me, it sucks. you should be able to recover from it though, seeing how it's almost no different from Falco's CG -> Spike

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yup it's legit, I'm lucky Shaya is terrible so no one has done it to me yet :)

Diddy barely ***** marth guyzz it like 55:45 diddy if we play perfect.

Inb4 p3 comes in saying how bad it is for marth and how barrels are stupid

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I hate peach/MK/wifi pits as far as MU's go, i have no idea what to do against peach, gotta hit up gnes for some advice.. not much i can say about MK that hasn't been said already.. i took inui to game 3 recently so i think i'm getting better at it.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Me Vs reflex at a recent tournament in WF, I have GF coming up soon and LF coming vs a wario player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJAFvjNIsAE

I get ***** so hard by Squirtle on the ledge, I can't find any good options to get up from it =/, I have a couple of other things I'll try, but they're more technical so I'll practice them since Squirtle ***** people off of one little mistake, especially offstage
Try ledge dropping to fair, ledge drop then jump airdodge onto stage, or full hop and buffer your second jump, but DO NOT hold towards the stage just go straight up. You DI towards the stage to often when recovering or on the ledge. Mix up the direction you hold or it doesnt matter what you do, Your always ending up in the same spot

vato_break

Smash Master
Camping with peanuts, i'd assume, is effective against everyone who doesn't have a projectile that beats yours and if you have stock lead too. I wouldn't camp for the sake of damage racking, I'd camp for the sake of baiting(Cancelation of peanut gun) and forcing an approach. Squirtle can watergun your peanut, thus maybe pushing you away but, if you cancel your peanut gun and hold shield you won't move at at all. The only problem is you can't let squirtle get away with his aerials after he hits your sheild, like FH retreated fair because after he hits your sheild he is very punishable with upair OoS or a upward glidetoss or whatever else you choose to do but, i reccomend an aerialOoS because throwing your banana makes you lose it control of it for a bit. but, idk im kinda new to diddy so im probably wrong about everything lmao

Player-1

Smash Legend
You cant choose b/w throwing a naner and an aerial b/c you can't aerial with a banana in your hand without z dropping it which takes too long

tibs7

Smash Champion
Rising uair using the invincibility frames is pretty safe, you can just side b after the attack.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well that's I what I noticed was that monkey kick actually was doing pretty well, but he still punished it a few times and if I had spammed it then he would have just caught on like how I jumped from the ledge, i can try Uair, but that doesn't have a lot of range, he's usually not that close to the ledge that uair will hit.

Player-1

Smash Legend
airdodging onto the stage next worked because he always grabbed me out of it so he'd have frame advantage on the grab, I could try that, but I'd just be at a disadvantage speed wise.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Vato mannn that snake was kinda bad lol. Needs waay more side b spesh on landing and you have a nana in hand. I think you can bair between hits of ftilt on shield. Snake also shouldn't be getting back onto stage after grabbing the ledge so much...nanas can pretty much cover anything and you can pretty much react to anything he does there. when snakes on a platform above you it's probs best you just utilt instead of sh uair coz you can react to snakes bad options oos and maybe do some extra %. also when snakes are getting pressured they will normally dash attack - mortar slide.
I hate the snake mu, but I know sooo freakin well, not only beaten aus top snakes but hall to ;).

tibs7

Smash Champion
P1 uair doesn't have to hit, it's really quick and you will get away pretty safely.

Player-1

Smash Legend
how will I get away safely? It'll just put me into the air which I can just get to by jumping from the ledge and that's exactly where squirtle ***** the most.

vato_break

Smash Master
Vato mannn that snake was kinda bad lol. Needs waay more side b spesh on landing and you have a nana in hand. I think you can bair between hits of ftilt on shield. Snake also shouldn't be getting back onto stage after grabbing the ledge so much...nanas can pretty much cover anything and you can pretty much react to anything he does there. when snakes on a platform above you it's probs best you just utilt instead of sh uair coz you can react to snakes bad options oos and maybe do some extra %. also when snakes are getting pressured they will normally dash attack - mortar slide.
I hate the snake mu, but I know sooo freakin well, not only beaten aus top snakes but hall to ;).
I don't know this matchup well AT ALL, I find snake more difficult than any other matchup..except maybe toon link but, that a whole other discussion. I really don't know what i'm doing in the matchup, im kinda just punishing stuff...I think. I think i'm playing it totally wrong though. I'm still learning diddy and learning how to control him so maybe thats why. Against snake what stages do i want to go? and what about banning?

hall is pretty good but, he fell of socal PR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom