• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Any stage that has a solid edge. As long as it hits the edge and you have a second jump, you have enough time to re-catch it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
As everyone should already know, if you're off-stage (on the ledge, anyway), you can just drop and throw the Banana upwards, and then catch/throw it as it comes down (or not catch it and F-Air, etc.)... This is a very safe defensive move far beyond being a simple "mindgame," and I'm going to have to see something to really back up your idea before I consider using it over what I just mentioned.

EDIT: Does anyone speak Spanish well? I feel bad for la meka.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
As everyone should already know, if you're off-stage (on the ledge, anyway), you can just drop and throw the Banana upwards, and then catch/throw it as it comes down (or not catch it and F-Air, etc.)... This is a very safe defensive move far beyond being a simple "mindgame," and I'm going to have to see something to really back up your idea before I consider using it over what I just mentioned.
With mine, you don't need to be grabbing on the ledge. you can use it at any time as long as you are offstage, are holding a banana and still have your double jump.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
With mine, you don't need to be grabbing on the ledge. you can use it at any time as long as you are offstage, are holding a banana and still have your double jump.
Will this let you do, say, an U-Air while you are trying to recover (and have a Banana in hand; the U-Air would catch it)? Being next to the wall of a stage while off-stage is VERY dangerous for Diddy in general due to how easy it is to knock him out of his Barrels.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Now I'm more interested. If you can get a video up or a more detailed explanation, that'd be great. Namely, could this potentially help you if you are recovering from below?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Now I'm more interested. If you can get a video up or a more detailed explanation, that'd be great. Namely, could this potentially help you if you are recovering from below?
just do this: Run off stage while holding a banana. As soon as you are off stage and you are able to throw the banana to the edge of the stage, throw it. As soon as it hits the stage either z catch it or catch it with an aerial while you're jumping back on stage. You can also mix it up with buffered jump monkey flip in case someone is waiting for you at the edge. It's that simple.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I was hoping this was more of an "I'm already off-stage, having gotten spiked by Falco or something, and now I want to fight my way back up" as opposed to what you're describing (purely a mindgame). Not that mindgames are all bad, but I'd need to see a video of someone using this effectively before I hopped onto that bandwagon.

P1, how did you make it so that one cannot see how many times you've posted in this thread?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was hoping this was more of an "I'm already off-stage, having gotten spiked by Falco or something, and now I want to fight my way back up" as opposed to what you're describing (purely a mindgame). Not that mindgames are all bad, but I'd need to see a video of someone using this effectively before I hopped onto that bandwagon.

P1, how did you make it so that one cannot see how many times you've posted in this thread?
That was just an example. It can be done at any time off-stage as long as you are in that position.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Jebus, the way you're describing it it doesn't sound that useful or practical at all.

Inglulit IDK what you're talking about

ADHD

Smash Hero
You know what's annoying? Lucas' PK fire knocks bananas mid-air, even though we have a broken projectile with transcended priority.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You know what's annoying? Lucas' PK fire knocks bananas mid-air, even though we have a broken projectile with transcended priority.
WTF are you talking about, do you know what transcended priority means? Bananas definitely don't have that.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Ha great way of saying that, ha what I like doin and is ******** is running while a nana in front of u instant throw nana down then instant throw it forward right after ,

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675

EDIT: Does anyone speak Spanish well? I feel bad for la meka.
Pinche chango

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I was saying compared to Bananas; IE, Diddy would be much worse off if he only had his Popgun instead of his Bananas. I didn't mean they're bad at all, just comparatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom