• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Central Ohio. Westerville is big, Sunbury is moderate.

Galena is small, but not super small. There's, like, what, 60 people? Plus, part of it goes into the back of Sunbury.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
When are any of these....CoKfests? My crew is interested in some travel for anything smash-related. I hear CoK isn't attending the Woo tourney. Whatsup with that?

mathos

Smash Champion
The CoKfests were last year. . . . . .

We weren't at Woo Crew's tourny because we were in Maryland. . . . . . .

Kel, ruler of Gunpunch, pish posh!

Sliq

Smash Master
The CoKfests were last year. . . . . .

We weren't at Woo Crew's tourny because we were in Maryland. . . . . . .

Kel, ruler of Gunpunch, pish posh!
I am obviously the ruler of GUNPUNCH! I made up the name. Get froed, Mathos.

Kel, put down GUNPUNCH! under crew for FC Diamond. BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I PUT. ZLZLZLZLZLZLZLZL!!!

Kel

Smash Master
actually, Overswarm is a big enough ******** to convince me that I don't want to be in that crew. So, Papayagamer it is!

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
sup kel, i think we played some shiek vs marth matches at pound and pissed u off, my bad, samus vs. shiek would have sucked for me. U going to the woo crew tourny the 30th?

Kel

Smash Master
lolol, no man, you didn't piss me off at all <3.

SHEIK pisses me off. Plus my controller is new and I wasn't used to it (Johhhhhnnnnz). And i don't think I'm going. I'll be hanging out with the girlfriend that weekend probably.

Sliq

Smash Master
Mathos! My friends are being yelling at each other! Can I be a part of Cok for FC, at least until there is some resolution. I'm not picking sidesies, because this has happened before!

I await your declination.

mathos

Smash Champion
Well Kel has already spoken to me. So Kel and Sliq join CoK. HMMMMMMMM
Dope has also showed interest in joining CoK in the past.

Here's the problem. You don't live in Central Ohio, nor have ever regularly practiced with us, nor have traveled to tournaments regularly with us. Once you do all those all then perhaps we shall talk.

And I don't understand why joining CoK would benefit us or you?!?!?

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i cant make it to the tournament saterday, is there any other tounaments planned in eastern ohio soon?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Harm, where in eastern ohio are you located? I'm in the process of organizing a tournamnet in north easts geauga county.

Fafnir_Ragnaros

Smash Apprentice
I will grace Ohio with my skillz as it just so happens that i'll be moving to Case Western in august.

Whats the smash scene around cleveland like?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Where at in Cleveland? My car will have a brand new transmission (4000 out of my pocket >_<) in about two-three weeks, and then I can do stuff in the cleveland area.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Highly overrated. Agreed. I'm working in all the free time not devoted to football and smash so I'll be on track in no time.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
hiiiiii

papayagamer and anujgamer ftw

i have not heard about bi-weeklies, mister....I def need to get a new controller and at least make some effort to play before Brawl.

So Nintendo is super stacked this fall...Metroid, Mario, NIGHTs, Zelda on DS, tons of other **** that I'm gonna waste time and money on...and then Brawl. wowz i'm gonna be a gamer again :cool:

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I live in northeast ohio, boardman to be exact, and I've never been to a tourney before but I'd really like to attend one and see how I fair against other competitive smashers and have a good time. ^_^ I've been looking around but I don't see any close enough for me to in reality get there.

The truth is I'd have to have my mom drop me off 'cuz I'm fourteen. xD But if anyone is holding a tournament close to where I live then feel free to drop me a PM. I'd love to go.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I live an hour north of Cincinnati and an hour southwest of Cleveland. The Dayton area has almost no tournaments at all. So, could someone plz tell me if there are any within a half hour of the area.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
I live in dayton... cleveland is +2 hours if not +3 hours away.

EDIT: if you want a tourny within 30 min of dayton your going to have to host it yourself, with columbus and cinci both about and hour away dayton is the next largest city nearby.

If you host one, I prolly know like 10 dayton poeple, so ill try and let them know + its an easy drive for cinci and columbus people

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hm, I live in northeast ohio, boardman to be exact, and I've never been to a tourney before but I'd really like to attend one and see how I fair against other competitive smashers and have a good time. ^_^ I've been looking around but I don't see any close enough for me to in reality get there.

The truth is I'd have to have my mom drop me off 'cuz I'm fourteen. xD But if anyone is holding a tournament close to where I live then feel free to drop me a PM. I'd love to go.
I don't really have the time to mapquest your location in relation to mine, but I live in north east ohio, Geauga county, and I'm abouta half hour out of cleveland. The specific town is chesterland. If you live anywhere near there, send me a pm, its a rare thing to find people in North East that play really.

And if you're only really down for tournaments, I host my own tournaments, and "Enter The Fray! 2" is on the way, we're just figuring out some venue issues ahead of time.

EDIT: 1000th post on the Ohio Thread!

Top Bottom