• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
Thanks Phasion. I was actually just looking over your website. What time does registration start? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but if I can I'll hopefully be able to bring a couple people with me.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
I don't think I'll be able to make the smashfest on Saturday, I'm gonna be moving in to my new apartment and won't have much time this weekend. blehhhhh

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
you don't really need to reg to come to the tournament, it just helps the venue if you could, but I could care less as long as you come. Bring friends, have fun, etc etc.

I think Sliq is having a Smashfest this Sat.....

clowsui

Smash Legend
wow this sucks balls, all the days that sliq's had/is going to have tournies i was/am busy...

and i'll be gone for the first half of summer too.

D:

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq I thought Cleveland was in the north part of Ohio (ie not next to Cincy) :-p
It is, but if you'll noticed, this is the OHIO thread, not the Cleveland thread.

Suckah, you just got served!!!

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any recurring tourneys (or any tourneys at all for that matter...) that are happening in the Cleveland/Lorain-ish area. I definitely need something to take up time this summer and would love it if that something was smash related... :(
As others have pointed out the one we run in the Cleveland area is on the 9th of June, we will be holding Tournaments once a month for the time being. But if things look like we can do them more often we will.

Just keep an eye out, me or Phasion11 will be posting the events, we host in the Cleveland area.

- BlindEyE

ESCAPE Gaming Center
470 Northfield Rd.
Bedford, Oh 44146

Phone #: 440.945.0213
E-Mail: escape@escapeplay.net
AIM: escapeplay470

Kel

Smash Master
wow this sucks balls, all the days that sliq's had/is going to have tournies i was/am busy...

and i'll be gone for the first half of summer too.

D:

You could always just try contacting me to play. I'm ALWAYS looking for people to play because there is never anyone that's able to play in Cincinnati.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i am from western p.a. and i want to know if you ohio guys are haven any tournys soon.

Sliq

Smash Master
Lemme know if you wanna play sometime. You can find me at UC, so I won't be too far for a couple friendly games?

Swift
There is a smashfest this Saturday (see my above post for the link) and you should come. There should be plenty of people. It will be boss or some other colloquialism for "good."

*Note: I did not need dictionary.com to spell colloquialism correctly (twice).

clowsui

Smash Legend
i would probably find you, kel, but there's always the matter of can't drive + parents + stranger found on the intarwebs.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm so happy schools out. Now I can take those multi hour trips to tourneys. I can maybe get some people for anything like, Columbus area, Canton area, and Cleveland area. Cinci would just be a ridiculous drive since I'm located like on the opposite side of Ohio.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Could you guys do me a favor?? plz

Go view and reply in this thread: Go to Pool Room, It's called "Reds Fans Unite in our Darkest Hour" Reply plz in it, cuz I can't get any replies for some reason. thx

P.S. It's probably because I'm not a well known poster yet. Lol

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The Reds stink, and the Indians stink. I moved here from Boston so I'm a sox fan. However, I will view your thread and then most likely insincerely reply!

mario-man

Smash Lord
Plz do. And say whatever you want. It's not a "the reds are the best team in the universe and if you disagree then you're a n00b" kind of thread. I made it to get oppinions from all sides. I want sincere oppinions even if it's against them.

P.S. I'm not an Indians fan, but they don't stink. (this year at least) LoL

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I found your thread and gave it my patented "REPLY OF APPROVAL". I took so long because I must've read right past it like 4 times untill I found it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
No worries. The pool room is my new discovery. Theres some good stuff in there. I went from Character Specific(I'm still doing an in depth study on the Judgement Hammer for the GaW Section), to Brawl Discussion, to Video Discussion, and since I'm taking a break from starting my debate essay, I've been hitting up the pool room. Good stuff. Where's Hamilton located? Lay some cardinal directions on me.

mario-man

Smash Lord
It's about 45 minutes north/northwest of Cincinnati, about 30 minutes from Middletown or Monroe.
It's also about 15 minutes from Fairfield. About an hour from Kings Island.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Man. Just about every Ohio smasher I've come across is from "The Nasty Natti". I'm going to have to start looking up some Western Penn smashers if I ever wanna get some friendlies going.

Euch

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. New to the smashboards, not at all new to competitive smash. From the Dayton Ohio area but go to school in Ypsilanti MI when college kicks back up. Looking for tournaments, friendlies, smashfests, whatever... just want to get to know other peeps from the great O-H-I-O. Maybe someday we can set up a big crew match and put those Michiganders in their place... (^_^)

Anther

Smash Champion
That's funny.. cause the trip back to Ypsi is shorter than your trip to Sidney would be XD...
Funny in the bad way of course =X...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
AH I HATE WHERE I LIVE! There's never any tournaments that synch with my football schedule that are under a two hour drive. I want to go to the Woo tourney, but alas!, 2 hour drive. I could make that if only I could drive about 95 mph the whole way.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I dont think im to far away. I live in Medina. A woo tourny would be tyte but like WGwoverine i got sports and work. I hate driving too.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
Yeah I realy need to start playing better people. Not many good players around here. I cant get any better playing them and computers.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
In our area theres basically two crews, but the other one is full of scrubs and we're getting restless. If we ever do any tourneys we'll try and contact you.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
HA Scrubs......
And no, I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that cant get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best-friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that cant get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best-friend's ride