• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Eggz

Smash Hero
"vidjogamer doesn't rhyme with vidjogamer."

If your tricky enough it does.

Woah I forgot Ohio was a part of the US. If anyone lives near Hamilton, can you PM me?

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Usually me...but Kel already mentioned me. So never mind.

Also, I am currently in East Canton, and if anyone wants to play I'm game. However, more than likely I'm not going to want to drive, so you have to get your *** to me so I can kick it.

I will be taking money matches from northeastern Ohioans as long as their names don't rhyme with vidjogamer.
Well that makes for 2 people...Anyone else?

M

Mikelate39

i live in blue ash, and go to sycamore. Thats about 15 miles north of cincinnati.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Eggz, your post was for me, but look up like five posts. O.o.

TaDa!!! It's me and I've already posted here. Rofl

Sliq

Smash Master
Does any one live by medina Ohio? Thats where im from.
I'm in East Canton right now, which is roughly an hour drive away from Medina. My adress is 221 W. Liberty St, East Canton, OH 44730 if you want to mapquest it. Just so you know, I'm not driving anywhere far, so if you want to play you'll have to come to me.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
i live in blue ash, and go to sycamore. Thats about 15 miles north of cincinnati.
I guess a point of reference to see if you're nearby or not would be Tri-County Mall or Kenwood Mall. So far...

Cincinnatians: Kel, Sliq, Mikelate39, clowsui

I'm sure you could add in your casual smashbuddies, but I think this would be more fun playing against people whose tactics you don't know.

...Anyone else? :o

//edit: if we get enough people (20+) I could try and organize a tournament somewhere nearby.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Does any one live by medina Ohio? Thats where im from.
I live around there. You should check out some of the ohio tournament posts. Your probably close by Phasions tournament, and the puttputt tournaments me and droly have.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
If anyone lives near or around Northeast Ohio, I run weekly tournaments in Austintown, OH, which is located extremely close to Youngstown, every Saturday at 1PM. Check out my thread here here for the details. I'm really working hard on making this thing huge. I've already got information on places to hold a larger scale tournament which could easily include 75-100+ people, so any help by competing in these smaller scale tournies is appreciated.

Kel

Smash Master
There are a bunch of smashers in Cincinnati. Most of them don't post. You can contact me if you want to play sometime. There are also a couple guys in the Northern Kentucky area...which is pretty much Cincinnati. 1337 (Ameer), Sliq, Nooblube69 and Overswarm are the big names in the area.

Kel

Smash Master
If by Friday, you mean Friday Night Live, then no. However, I will play at someone's house or someone can come over. I don't know how good Friday is for me though. How about Thursday?

Megachuk

Smash Ace
Definately not FNL. The only time thursday would be... night. As in 1:00am till whenever.

Whatever happened to Cinci Bi-weeklies???

Sliq

Smash Master
Would it be possible to get some cinci smashers to play this friday?
Overswarm is coming over to my place Friday. You can top by too and play. It will be smashriffic.

We're going to be playing at 3506 York Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45215. You've been over before, so you should know the way...I might try to get a minismashfest going....

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
blah time? I'm about to go to my friends house overnight to smash with a bunch of other people @.@

Sliq

Smash Master
If anyone wants they can stop by at the above address anytime after 3 P.M. and before 10 P.M. and smash. That isn't to say we will stop smashing at 10, but if we do, I don't want people showing up like they are going to be playing when I'm ready to hit the hay. Then I'll probably go to sleep afterwards.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Okay...just wanna see a show of hands on who would be able to make it to Cincinnati on a weekend, lets say, if I decided to host a SSBM tournament down in UC campus. I know a few people already out here that would be interested and some friends back home in Marion that would join in no doubt. I just wanna see if there are that many people who would be dedicated enough to make the drive to have a smashfest down here

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Okay...just wanna see a show of hands on who would be able to make it to Cincinnati on a weekend, lets say, if I decided to host a SSBM tournament down in UC campus. I know a few people already out here that would be interested and some friends back home in Marion that would join in no doubt. I just wanna see if there are that many people who would be dedicated enough to make the drive to have a smashfest down here
Definitely with at least 5 other people.

FunkDocOH

Smash Cadet
I will be at the Game Room at the University of Akron's Student Union every Monday night at 7pm. If you are interested in coming, bring your own controller and pm me for directions to the Union. There are a lot of nice TV's there, and on some nights there's more space for other set-ups, but a lot of gamers go up there to play.

Again, pm me if you're interested. I'll make sure you won't get lost.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
We'll see, I'll pm you if we're all here over break. I hear the "Nasty Natti" is home to alot of good smashers. Think we need to get some qualifiers. North vs South, battle for Ohio.

Sliq

Smash Master
Kel and I hold Cincinnati Smashfests all of the time, and every time we've had a pretty decent turnout. You shouldn't have any problem getting people together, assuming they know about it, and care enough about it to go...

Also, sometimes I go up to my home in East Canton, which is very near Akron. I have no idea WHY Akron was mention, as I only read the part of the post with Akron in it...but yeah...so there's that...

Also, A Northern Ohio vs. Southern Ohio would be interesting, because it would be Me, Kel, Tayo, and Ameer (OS is Kentucky so....) vs. Vidjo, B-Ryan, MB, someone else (I guess maybe ELC)...

Central Ohio is a totally different story...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think like omnigamer said at the start of the thread, Ohio isn't considered very competitive, and I think it's just because not enough people are getting into any tournaments or playing any matches outside they're respective crews, and something like a North vs. South or even a more regional kind of thing with qualifiers would do alot of good for the smash community. If anything we don't have to play with the same people all the time..

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Dreph don't you agree it'd be pretty sweet to kind of break Ohio into regional groups and have X number of people represent each one? Battle for Ohio. It's better than north vs. south because I hear a TON of good things about the CoK

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, I forgot about this thread. I barely play smash anymore. Still fun when I do play though.

I live in the relatively ignored and unknown Tuscarawas County. How magical.

mathos

Smash Champion
Hiemie I didn't know you lived in OH! But you're in the middle of nowhere. I think there's a few wooster guys to play with up there.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Ohio, weather blows.

It was 80 degrees, then the next it was 20 and snowing.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yup, Ohioan. Maybe if my mood is good, and the motivation is right, when Ohio needs a Tshirt design, I'll make one.

Top Bottom