• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

shaka999

Smash Rookie
well, wooster's too far away for my parents to drive me, but once i get my license in march, i'd be glad to join in on that smashfest or any tourneys you guys hold down there

FlipX

Smash Ace
well, wooster's too far away for my parents to drive me, but once i get my license in march, i'd be glad to join in on that smashfest or any tourneys you guys hold down there
i get my license in march too just thought id share that =P

sierrahotel

Smash Rookie
Hey, my name's Brent and I'm currently a senior in high school. I live in Lima, which is in northwest Ohio. Next year I'll be going to OSU, however, so maybe I'll catch you guys when Brawl comes out. Anyways, I have 5 friends who all play SSBM but do not play at an advanced level. Any tips on how to get better? Also, what is the likelihood that my parents would be fine with a bunch of older strangers like you guys coming over and having a smashfest or would you not be interested?

BTW, I don't own a gamecube but they all do. Also, I own a normal big screen in the basement and a 60" LCD HDTV in the living room.

Demi-god

Smash Journeyman
whats up guys, im gonna miss all you guys in the midwest. i just moved up to P.A. soo hopefully ill see you all again down the road someday.ill be back to visit every once in a while and we will play some when i stop back in ohio

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Yeah, I noticed that in the tournament thread, there are about 23948293489324832490.8372 tournaments for New York, and I was thinking that if we had, you know...at least a millionth of that, then Ohio smashers would undoubtably be a force to be reckoned with

FourthGenerationChild

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I noticed that in the tournament thread, there are about 23948293489324832490.8372 tournaments for New York, and I was thinking that if we had, you know...at least a millionth of that, then Ohio smashers would undoubtably be a force to be reckoned with
I think the National Gaming leauge and normal people holding tournaments are only found in populated areas (New York via example), just so they can have higher chances to fight it all out and profit, while they leave states like ohio and michigan and around here out in the cold without anything worth while, i have to agree with Dots on that.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
What's up guys. I just wanted to see if there was anyone in the cleveland area (Bedford in particular) that was able to smash it up? I've played against mathos before at Ohio University (**** his falco shuffle crap) and many times with his friends Greg and Ricky. I need to find some good players to keep my skill up/get better so please somebody get back to me on this. Also, I'm very interested in tournaments, especially if they take place in Columbus on a weekend or something. I have friends there who are also talented and would be a great time.

Hopefully something comes out of this post and I can play against some new and fresh contenders.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
Phasion: I live in Parma. I play with a few local friends. We're fairly good (obviously not as good as Mathos, but still good). Maybe we can play sometime?

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Lol don't worry, i'm not as good as mathos either, but i sure gave him a run for his money, took him to 1 in a 4 stock. Hit me with a PM so I can get some info and we can put it together. Glad to see some people in my area willing to smash it up still :)

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
LONG LIVE THE OHIO THREAD!!!!!! i have taken the unofficial obligation to throw in a random post when the ohio thread seems dead....lololz

sierrahotel

Smash Rookie
Apparently noone lives in Northwest Ohio. Seriously, noone in Toledo or Findlay? I'll just have to play the cow in my front yard. (J/K, there's about 6 of us that go to the same school and all play smash bros., although we are just starting to get into the shffl and dash stuff)

FlipX

Smash Ace
I haven't played smash in a while =/
If anyone feels like having a tourny or smashfest like thing lemme know nothin to much happenin in ohio as of late so maybe we should have somethin.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
i'm from canal fulton. haha canton so to speak. its a small town in the NW corner of stark county. we have a pretty healthy smash population in our little town surprisingly. we host our own local tourneys and at my tournament we had a turnup of exactly 32, i believe 28 of which were local, some didnt even make it who got invites. we have regular smash fests, practically everyday. i'd like to say we're pretty decent. we're not n00bs, but we're not amazing

anyone near here? i know of the wooster guys. thats about it though. anyone else? we gotta get some ppl together!!

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Phasion: I live in Parma. I play with a few local friends. We're fairly good (obviously not as good as Mathos, but still good). Maybe we can play sometime?
Megamanx14: I have some family up in Parma. I go up there from time to time. We should hook up and smash away some time i'm in the area PM me or somethin if youre interested

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I have a solution to our problem. I am helping a local LAN center hold a tourny on Jan. 27th in Cleveland. It's kind of late tonight, but by tomorrow I'll have the reg up and see how many people are truly interested in doing this. Hopefully I will see you guys there, and if anyone is interested in getting some practice in with me in the bedford area, feel free to hit me up with a PM.

FlipX

Smash Ace
I live around cleveland so i could probably go. Thats my birthday so hopefully my parents dont mind me leaving for the afternoon =/

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, here is the link for the registration for the tournament. http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=45519

Please remember that it is the first 32 people to register will be competing. Use google maps or mapquest to find the location (which isn't that hard to find). Warm-ups will be 1 hour before the tournament begins. Only a 1 v 1 tourny this time around, sorry.

If this is successful, then this tournament will become bi-weekly, which will give us northern ohio people something to participate in.

Hope to see everyone at the tournament.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
I live in Charleston, WV and we have quite a few people down here who can't find any tournaments to go to (all the tourneys in WV are in the eastern panhandle near Maryland and that's too far). If there are any tournaments or biweeklies that are in southern ohio (further south than Columbus), please let me know.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Phasion: This Cleveland bi-weekly tournament thing looks pretty nice. I'm likin it a lot. I'll probably be able to bring a few people. A car load for sure. :)

bassdeluxe27

Smash Rookie
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here. (I think since I went to GS2 and placed in the 90s lol)

Anyway, I've been trying to get to tournaments in Ohio (I go to Case) but I have so many things on Saturdays that I'm never able to make it.

But, just introducing myself here. My hometown is Baltimore, MD, but I go to school and spend most of the year at Case Western. I practice against my roommate John(don't know if he's introduced himself here. I didn't want to go through 50 pages) and occasionally against Camper Bob, but they usually beat me badly in 1-on-1's.

Anyway, nice to meet ya.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
CQue: Yeah man, def bring people to this tourny, should be decent. Just make sure that you get the pre-registration first, so you can have your spot saved. This first tournament is only 32 people as a test, but if we book it then it will def be bi-weekly.

Hope to see ya there along with your friends. Also, if you feel like some smashing hit me up with a PM and we can work it out.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
phasion: i'll throw something in my signature to advertise for anyone in the area. is it cool if i tell them to PM you?

and one more thing, where is this at, your house? or some other place?

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
i live in youngs town and my aim is civvy88 I am new to all these new technques but i'd really like to play with someone who is pro in order to learn to get good. I really enjoy playing games at their highest levels so anybody who is good could they please give me a ring on my aim... that is again: civvy88

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'll do what I can to make it to this Jan 27 tourney. If I go I'll be with Cque the sunn.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
CQue: It's at a local LAN center near my house. We'll have a pretty good setup going with it too. Feel free to have anyone interested PM me about this, I can send them the registration link or give them directions, etc. I'm trying my best to make this tourny a bi-weekly event, but the only way I can really do that is if I have people pre-registered and that I have enough show up for the tourny itself.

If you didn't see me before, on page 50 of this thread is where I threw the original info. It is linked directly to the LAN center so you should see the location and what not. Hope to see you there with your friends!

Specialized

Smash Rookie
Anyone live close to the mentor area? If ya do let me know, my aim is in my profile. We have a lan center here and they just refurbished it so its gonna be great. Lemme know...

FunkDocOH

Smash Cadet
This thread needs more Akron in it.

I'm probably going to bring my gamecube back down from my house in Lakewood, so anyone in the area talk to me about playing.

Top Bottom