• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My mother said she wanted to give me a video game for Christmas, so I advised her to get this game as it's currently the one that's catching my attention the most. I love the original game, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this as well, and the fact it is in HD is awesome, too. Not that I'm obsessed with graphics, but I feel like outdated graphics is rather regrettable in a game about beautiful and unique environments. (Then again, blame the hardware rather than the game itself.)

Just a question though (not story related): are the accuracy penalties against stronger enemies in X as harsh as in the original Xenoblade? I don't really like how the accuracy penalties alone make so many fights against red-tagged enemies prohibitive in that game, because you know, I would like to fight enemies 11-12 levels higher than me without having to use maxed out accuracy equipment and still miss most of my attacks :/

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I've had the Special Edition pre-ordered for a couple of weeks.

Now it's just a race against time to beat the first game before it comes out.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Just a question though (not story related): are the accuracy penalties against stronger enemies in X as harsh as in the original Xenoblade? I don't really like how the accuracy penalties alone make so many fights against red-tagged enemies prohibitive in that game, because you know, I would like to fight enemies 11-12 levels higher than me without having to use maxed out accuracy equipment and still miss most of my attacks :/
I don't think they're as harsh as before. Thing is, if you want to fight ennemies that are over 10 levels higher than you you probably won't even have the time to see if you can land attacks haha. Lvl 34 ennemies kill me in one hit and I'm lvl14. Sometimes even underleveled regular ennemies beat me.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
The NoE YouTube channel just uploaded a launch trailer, which apparently has massive spoilers. I'm not going to post it here because I don't want anybody getting spoiled. I'm asking others to not post it as well. Now would be a good time to avoid the Internet for a while.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
The NoE YouTube channel just uploaded a launch trailer, which apparently has massive spoilers. I'm not going to post it here because I don't want anybody getting spoiled. I'm asking others to not post it as well. Now would be a good time to avoid the Internet for a while.
Thanks so much for the warning!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
2 D A Y S B O Y S

I've been waiting for three god(heh)damn years.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
2 D A Y S B O Y S

I've been waiting for three god(heh)damn years.
Well... Depending on where you live, it's releasing tomorrow. In my case, it'll be exactly 24 hours away in about 4 minutes. Lol.

HYPE!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got a email confirmation from Best Buy this morning while I was sleeping. My copy of the game is on its way.

I'm looking forward to it

D

Deleted member

Just got the game today but apparently it takes up a lot of space?
I'm kinda worried about that since I have Smash DLC and a couple of games downloaded via eShop. D:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just got the game today but apparently it takes up a lot of space?
I'm kinda worried about that since I have Smash DLC and a couple of games downloaded via eShop. D:
You could get a USB storage for it. Better that than deleting some things because Nintendo were stupid enough to put only 32GB into the Wii U.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm expecting to get the game in the mail today but I probably won't start on it until tomorrow.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I just finished chapter 5.
This is literally my new favorite game ever, only beating the original for me. Everything is done so perfectly and I haven't found a single flaw. Shame it prolly won't win any GOTY rewards, but it gets GOAT in my heart.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
IMPORTANT!

For those wanting to avoid spoilers, do NOT go to GameXplain's channel right now. They uploaded a video of the final battle, which as you might expect contains MASSIVE SPOILERS.

Spreading the word so everyone can be aware!

To be fair, the thumbs don't contain spoilers, but the video may be on auto play when you visit the channel on a PC. I can't check since I'm on mobile and I advise you not to unless you want to be spoiled or know what happens already.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just now started on Chapter 2 today and I only died once as of now. I'm really loving the game so far.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I got the game one day early! Just started Chapter 2 and I'm really liking Elma (duh) and Lin!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already made it to Chapter 3 but I haven't gone far into the main story because I was doing a side mission. I'm just taking my time progressing through the game by killing indigents and leveling up my characters and their Arts and such.

D

Deleted member

I'm about to begin the Chapter 6, and oh boy I'm glad I didn't get spoiled about Chapter 5's events.

My only complaints so far is the biiiiiiiig lack of tutorials, and the sudden difficulty peaks, like when you have to beat ennemies 10 levels lower than you before fighting an enemy 6 levels higher than you.
And the fetch quests, like with the first Xenoblade, which could have been a bit less boring if the bestiary was a little more detailed, like indicating which zone of such area is such enemy located.

On the bright side, I enjoyed every single music track made by Sawano, especially the one playing during the battles against the tyrants, with Primordia's and Oblivia's themes as well.

Here's finally my avatar, I tried to make it to look how I really look like as much as possible.

TiralKami

Smash Rookie
Ever since this game was announced that it would have an english release I've been excited. But as of late I've been somewhat hesitant to get it...
My Wii U library is currently small (only consisting of smash atm ; _ :) and I would love to add it to the collection, but i'm not sure if the game is worth it or even my type of game.
I was one of those people who bought the O.G (esc) Xenoblade Chronicles, hence my love for Shulk. But how does this game compare/size up? Since I thought the first chronicles game was amazing. Any points whatsoever about how it compares to the first game and or how it compares to other games would be wonderful.
Id love to get some more opinions before I decide to make my purchase
Thanks!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Buy it yesterday.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ever since this game was announced that it would have an english release I've been excited. But as of late I've been somewhat hesitant to get it...
My Wii U library is currently small (only consisting of smash atm ; _ :) and I would love to add it to the collection, but i'm not sure if the game is worth it or even my type of game.
I was one of those people who bought the O.G (esc) Xenoblade Chronicles, hence my love for Shulk. But how does this game compare/size up? Since I thought the first chronicles game was amazing. Any points whatsoever about how it compares to the first game and or how it compares to other games would be wonderful.
Thanks!
If you already liked Xenoblade Chronicles, then it is your type of game and you should get it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks!
Moved this (and the responses) to this official thread since it doesn't really require a separate thread.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Finally got my XCX LE today and made my character

Made as close to possible to Pascal as possible (only real issue being the white hair on top of her hair, is more on the grey side since there wasn't a good white choice) and best part is, the Joker voice is literally her voice (both voice actress and portrayal is the same). Can't wait to take best girl across Mira.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I made my avatar to be a close resemblance to what I look like as best as I can, although I probably should've made his skin a little bit darker.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just started playing this game and I'm enjoying it so far.

D

Deleted member

Before you begin the Chapter 8, I HIGHLY recommend you to pass your Skell license first if you don't want to make your nerves to suffer more and to avoid to throw your controller out of your window.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have no idea what I'm suppose to do in Chapter 4. I'm just running around like an idiot not doing ****.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Despite the fact that I've had the game for a week now, I just started playing it today after I finally beat the original and since I'm still a bit confused by it, I must ask: How exactly do the data probes work? (or anything new in this game for that matter) :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, so I finally started Chapter 4 today so that's pretty good. I would like to correct that I didn't actually started on it as I was still doing the three missions required for me to continue with the story.

And I must say that "the shiny", as Teh Epic Anna described, really is useful for reaching your destination point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom