• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
How the **** did you beat the chapter 10 boss? That thing is the definition of bull.

And that's a good comparison. But the first Xenoblade had great sidequests in addition to an amazing story.
I lowered the difficulty. :laugh:

But, IDK how I managed to beat the boss, but it was a long tedious battle for sure. Honestly though, the Chapter 9 boss gave me a much harder time despite me being around 8-10 levels higher... AND THIS WAS AFTER I LOWERED THE DIFFICULTY. Wtf? Haha.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I lowered the difficulty. :laugh:

But, IDK how I managed to beat the boss, but it was a long tedious battle for sure. Honestly though, the Chapter 9 boss gave me a much harder time despite me being around 8-10 levels higher... AND THIS WAS AFTER I LOWERED THE DIFFICULTY. Wtf? Haha.
I eventually beat it after grinding a bit in Cauldros. Thank heavens for the lower difficulty option lol.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm really not that far into it, but I was running around the game a few days ago and ended up killing one of these for the sake of getting it in the Enemy Index.

I feel REALLY bad about it now...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So I recently made a new, separate file.
I'm replaying the game and, I have to admit, having prior knowledge of things and being a seasoned fighter on the field makes things easier. Beating Tyrants 5 levels above you while they have reinforcements is no problemo when you know how to manage your team and Soul Voices.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So, I'm really not that far into it, but I was running around the game a few days ago and ended up killing one of these for the sake of getting it in the Enemy Index.

I feel REALLY bad about it now...
You do what you have to do to stay alive. That's the way it is.

On a side note, I just finished Chapter 5 after two days. Now to do the required objectives needed to start Chapter 6.
And when will I get my own damn Skell?

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
You do what you have to do to stay alive. That's the way it is.

On a side note, I just finished Chapter 5 after two days. Now to do the required objectives needed to start Chapter 6.
And when will I get my own damn Skell?
After Chapter 6, actually.
The Skell License test can take quite a bit, fair warning.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Simple, yes, but as a whole, it takes a bit.
it sure does. recently finished the license test. some of them are a pain,but its worth it. my left thumb is gonna get a workout from all the clicking across the regions >:D

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I just got my Skell on my second playthrough and oh my god, no flight unit is a blessing when you only need to jump.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I just got my Skell on my second playthrough and oh my god, no flight unit is a blessing when you only need to jump.
Can't wait to fly around places! until then,i'll just zip around in this thing looking for data probes/researcher probes.
I've heard there's some level grind spot after you get a skell at around 30,but thats for another time.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I still need the 30% Noctilum requirement for Chapter 6. How far am I?
I did a bunch of quests for that area/found probes and that brought it up.
how much of it have you surveyed so far?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn, I only surveyed a little over 11% of Noctilum so far and I really wanna start on Chapter 6 today.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Damn, I only surveyed a little over 11% of Noctilum so far and I really wanna start on Chapter 6 today.
About 7% lol
I was in the same boat as you guys yesterday night. then I spent about an Hour or two trailblazing to the bigger section of Noctilum. knocked out the survey rate like wildfire from there.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
It really really helps that I know the three main continents like the back of my hand-- the survey requirements can be a b**** to handle.
Happy surveying, and don't get caught by those pesky monsters!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I finally managed to start on Chapter 6 after spending like 2 hours surveying 20% of Noctilum. I don't know about y'all who are still doing that but I certainly had fun.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Well I finally managed to start on Chapter 6 after spending like 2 hours surveying 20% of Noctilum. I don't know about y'all who are still doing that but I certainly had fun.
Yeah, exploring is fun indeed.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Running around Noctilum is such a pain imo. The layout of the continent is rather awkward and you have to go completely out of your way to get to places where, on another continent, you can take a much more linear road towards. At least with surveying Oblivia, it's much more open, even though avoiding enemies was a ***** there as well. Thank God for the Skell's flight abilities for the last two continents lol.

And yeah, the chapter 5 plot twist really caught me off guard as well. Funny story--I keep my avatar shirtless at all times for fanservice reasons, but turned his left arm into one of the robot-looking ones to make him look a bit more interesting. Lo and behold that same robot arm got blown off in that cut scene.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've always wondered what that big tower with the numbers and percentage was for from the beginning. With the events that occurred at the end of Chapter 5, I can see why they're so desperate to get whatever it is they need to look for.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am into Chapter 9 and got to fly around. THAT FLYING MUSIC THOUGH <3

(...also seriously I suck at the combat system :< I want to have an OP Skell. Is there a guide? Or atleast make it "worth it")

Finally: There are Level 5 ... Data Probes. How do you unlock them?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finished Chapter 6 today. Unfortunately, I had to lower the difficulty for the boss fight because I had my ass handed to it three times. Some pretty intense moments that occurred soon after.

I'm now in the process of getting a Skell license.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Thank God for the Skell's flight abilities for the last two continents lol.
Yeah, thank god.
Even if you can actually walk to Sylvalum and Cauldros there's literally no reason to unless you want to unlock Hope, Alexa, and Frye near their level.
Which I did just recently. It was fun carving out safe routes.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I wish I got alerts from this thread more often. oh well.
It's always fun to explore in this game,except for this last region i'm searching for probing sites and such.
There's enemies freaking everywhere. Even when i'm flying with my Skell there's robots in the air ready to shoot me down. This is definitely enemy territory.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Where exactly in Oblivia do I find this beagflea squashes as part of this proficiency exam for my Skell license while I continue surveying 25% of the region?

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Where exactly in Oblivia do I find this beagflea squashes as part of this proficiency exam for my Skell license while I continue surveying 25% of the region?
Look in the caved areas. I looked in the caves that had Prone in them,but most caved places will do.

Also I got Maps of each area's collectables,but i'm unsure if i can post em here.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I pre-ordered the game so I got it early but the font size being so damn small and the audio voice + music being unbalanced really threw me off to not play it until/if Nintendo/Monolith release a patch for it.

I'm not the only one with these problems @ https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=P8Z-Vv_DCIHjU6WHtNAN
I have difficulty reading the stuff on my small as **** TV, but I almost exclusively use the Gamepad, and I never had a problem with audio mixing

Top Bottom