• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I managed to create an infinite overdrive build for my PC! I maxed out Duelist first and then went to Full Metal Jaguar.
Offensive Stance --> Primer --> Magnum Edge --> Tornado Blade --> True Stream Edge. Maxed out Yamato Spirit skill lets me gain TP like crazy.

I also have Burning Slash --> Incendiary Edge for my mega damage attack. Eighth spot is filler atm--it's either Rising Blade or Sky High (because that's Phog's art and Phog is <3 ) but once I unlock Blossom Dance it will go on there.
You basically figured out part of the meta Arte palette.
Zero Zero, Primer, Ghostwalker, Offensive Stance, Rising Blade, Tornado Blade, True Stream Edge, Blossom Dance

Seriously, you'll find almost anyone in the Scouting terminal with this Arte build. (Including myself, but I'm working towards a Knife/Dual Gun build.)

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
You basically figured out part of the meta Arte palette.
Zero Zero, Primer, Ghostwalker, Offensive Stance, Rising Blade, Tornado Blade, True Stream Edge, Blossom Dance

Seriously, you'll find almost anyone in the Scouting terminal with this Arte build. (Including myself, but I'm working towards a Knife/Dual Gun build.)
no lie,when i figured it out and saw my Ether Katana's damage,I said" this game needs to staph with the OP". I couldn't believe what i was seeing. I might branch off later to see if Dual Guns/Photon Saber is usable,but for now,i'll stick with this. I'm probably gonna start farming for augs now I kinda have a grasp on what to do.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
no lie,when i figured it out and saw my Ether Katana's damage,I said" this game needs to staph with the OP". I couldn't believe what i was seeing. I might branch off later to see if Dual Guns/Photon Saber is usable,but for now,i'll stick with this. I'm probably gonna start farming for augs now I kinda have a grasp on what to do.
Dual Gun/Photon Saber is perfectly useable.

Any build with Dual Guns is viable because of Ghostwalker and Primer. It's just how cheese you want your build to be.

Dual Guns/Photon Saber is good, but you need a LOT more TP to work with. (It's my build for my first playthrough, and it's harder to use than the Dual Gun/Longsword build.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I don't screw around with multiplayer, but part of it is reading up on the arts online and the other is me trying them out myself to see what I like best. If I have the best setup available then so be it, haha. Never gonna ditch the longsword.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I don't screw around with multiplayer, but part of it is reading up on the arts online and the other is me trying them out myself to see what I like best. If I have the best setup available then so be it, haha. Never gonna ditch the longsword.
the hardest part about the build thats going around is getting the Katana for it,unless you are getting a Gravity/Thermal based one. everything else just requires some time to farm for.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
the hardest part about the build thats going around is getting the Katana for it,unless you are getting a Gravity/Thermal based one. everything else just requires some time to farm for.
The Katana is so common because it's so edge.

I can't wait to get my Knife build going.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
The Katana is so common because it's so edge.

I can't wait to get my Knife build going.
My class when i first started was FMJ,so if i don't like it,its between Dual Swords/Photon Sabers.
that being said. it sounds nice slitting throats with a knife :p

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
My class when i first started was FMJ,so if i don't like it,its between Dual Swords/Photon Sabers.
that being said. it sounds nice slitting throats with a knife :p
I chose FMJ first too but I ended up liking Javelins as a melee weapon too.

Dual Swords are too positional and some REALLY BIG monsters are hard to position for even with Sliding Slinger and such.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I chose FMJ first too but I ended up liking Javelins as a melee weapon too.

Dual Swords are too positional and some REALLY BIG monsters are hard to position for even with Sliding Slinger and such.
Oh yeah. that was the reason i moved off as well I didn't think i would be getting behind their backs a much,so boom,when to the class i wanted 2nd,which was Duelist.
I mean how am i gonna get behind a GIANT spaceship!?

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Oh yeah. that was the reason i moved off as well I didn't think i would be getting behind their backs a much,so boom,when to the class i wanted 2nd,which was Duelist.
I mean how am i gonna get behind a GIANT spaceship!?
Not only that, aggro tables are weird and you never know who a certain enemy is targetting unless Lin constantly keeps them taunted...and even then, NPCs are derp and will move to unfavorable positions.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I just like getting up close and destroying people tbh. Positional arts are nowhere near as useful as they were in the original Xenoblade. And yeah, I'm trying to get a thermal build going. That's why I have Burning Slash and Incendiary Edge.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
A question here. Do I have to buy a Skell for my other characters or something?
Yup. you want a kick butt team of Skells,you better cough up that paycheck.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A question here. Do I have to buy a Skell for my other characters or something?
You buy it then you go to the barracks customisation terminal to register the Skells to them. Definitely worth it if you want to take on certain enemies like the Chapter 10 boss.
Advise: Get the ones with the G-Buster weapon. That thing slaughters regular enemies so makes for good grinding especially in the Ganglion base on the far east of Oblivia. The party members using the G-Buster is a whole different thing though.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
You buy it then you go to the barracks customisation terminal to register the Skells to them. Definitely worth it if you want to take on certain enemies like the Chapter 10 boss.
Advise: Get the ones with the G-Buster weapon. That thing slaughters regular enemies so makes for good grinding especially in the Ganglion base on the far east of Oblivia. The party members using the G-Buster is a whole different thing though.
aka Verus. Get at least 2 of them. Maybe a 3rd. But definitely at least 2. G-Busters too important.

Chapter 10 boss is a pain in the butt without a full team of Skells (almost impossible if you're using just one.) So do yourself a favor and cough up that paycheck.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
This is gonna be worse on me,cuz i might have a team of crafted skells in the end. its just an endgame goal for me.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I can't even craft the
Ares 90
I just don't know how to...
Tickets.
Lots of Reward Tickets.
Golden Yggralith Heart - 636 <----get 2 of these
Silver Vita Core - 210 <----get 4 of these
Crude Neilnail Mask - 210 <-----get 12 of these

Seidr Control Device - 138 <-----8 of these
Advanced Core - 138<------12 of these
Upgraded Lens - 58<------16 of these
Cimmerian Cinnabar <-----need 2 of those

The ones in bold/first three are the ones you need the tickets for,as those drop from bosses,which are crazy hard to get them to drop in the first place.
Seidr's have the control device.break their Core,and it should drop pretty easily. most of these i've found pretty high in Cauldros.

Xe Dom's carry the Advanced Core. same as the seidrs,hit their core,and it should be easy pickins.

Upgraded Lens also drop from Seidr's,but they should be more common than the cores,so easier to drop.

ofc,you could get tickets for these too,but farming the last three is easier imo.

If you've been planting Mining Probes left and right,than you've probably got a stock full of Cimmerian Cinnabar. if not,just plant one where you can find some.

Get some blade medals by finding 3 low level blades on the console,then do some support missons. release em,boom,3 medals. Rinse and repeat for more.
This'll let you attempt fighting the giant chicken(Telethia Plume) Break off every appendage you can find on that thing. when you break em all off,quit the mission. you can trade in the broken off pieces for tickets.

also this skell is awesome. I love it.<3

There's more i could say,but i haven't eaten breakfast yet haha. brb.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Tickets.
Lots of Reward Tickets.
Golden Yggralith Heart - 636 <----get 2 of these
Silver Vita Core - 210 <----get 4 of these
Crude Neilnail Mask - 210 <-----get 12 of these

Seidr Control Device - 138
Advanced Core - 138
Upgraded Lens - 58

The ones in bold/first three are the ones you need the tickets for,as those drop from bosses,which are crazy hard to get them to drop in the first place.
Seidr's have the control device.break their Core,and it should drop pretty easily. most of these i've found pretty high in Cauldros.
the other two i'll have to check when i turn on the game in a minute.

Get some blade medals by finding 3 low level blades on the console,then do some support missons. release em,boom,3 medals. Rinse and repeat for more.
This'll let you attempt fighting the giant chicken(Telethia Plume) Break off every appendage you can find on that thing. when you break em all off,quit the mission. you can trade in the broken off pieces for tickets.

also this skell is awesome. I love it.<3

There's more i could say,but i haven't eaten breakfast yet haha. brb.
Omg this is so helpful.
Which support missions do I bring the noobies to?

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Omg this is so helpful.
Which support missions do I bring the noobies to?
I forgot the name of it,but i know it has Cloud in the name(The mission with all the Turbas in it)
They should all get that star by their name after the mission,which is that max Scout level.

Also I updated my tags to tell you locations of other stuff too.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I managed to give my team their own Skell and gotten past Chapter 9 and they sure kicked some ass out there. It's funny how they get somewhat competitive in these things.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
So I managed to give my team their own Skell and gotten past Chapter 9 and they sure kicked some *** out there. It's funny how they get somewhat competitive in these things.
I hope your team can manage the skells well enough,especially before Chapter 10.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I have several questions regarding a certain character... Do NOT read if you haven't beaten the main story.

Of course this is about Elma. I'm sure I won't get any direct answers for some of my questions, but I'm interested to see what you guys think.

-What was the point of Elma hiding her true form until the very end? This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to remember why.
-In Chapter 3, Elma mentioned that if she hadn't showed up on Earth, their home planet probably wouldn't have been destroyed. She came to Earth to warn and save humanity, but why does she seem to regret her decision? Is it because she shared advanced technology with humans? Or something else?
-Why was Elma the only individual to warn of Earth's destruction? Did she betray her race? Could that be why the purple alien race showed up? Maybe that's her alien race?
-Why was her real body preserved but everybody else seemingly lost their bodies?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ah ****, does that mean I'll have to grind for higher levels then? My team currently ranges between levels 33-36.
The Chapter 10 boss is Level 39 and is MASSIVE so I recommend some level ups to the early 40's.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I forgot the name of it,but i know it has Cloud in the name(The mission with all the Turbas in it)
They should all get that star by their name after the mission,which is that max Scout level.

Also I updated my tags to tell you locations of other stuff too.

There's one more thing about this i forgot.I can't believe i forgot it too. The Miranium Cost.
Its 100,000 miranium to craft after you got everything. If you search you'll probably find the setup for it.I think i'm still running the setup for the miranium,so if you want a screenie,lemme know.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I have several questions regarding a certain character... Do NOT read if you haven't beaten the main story.

Of course this is about Elma. I'm sure I won't get any direct answers for some of my questions, but I'm interested to see what you guys think.

-What was the point of Elma hiding her true form until the very end? This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to remember why.
-In Chapter 3, Elma mentioned that if she hadn't showed up on Earth, their home planet probably wouldn't have been destroyed. She came to Earth to warn and save humanity, but why does she seem to regret her decision? Is it because she shared advanced technology with humans? Or something else?
-Why was Elma the only individual to warn of Earth's destruction? Did she betray her race? Could that be why the purple alien race showed up? Maybe that's her alien race?
-Why was her real body preserved but everybody else seemingly lost their bodies?
-For the purpose of adding a bunch of plot twists at the end of the game. Elma is an alien.
-That's just foreshadowing that she's not human.
-I doubt she was the only one. She was probably one of many ambassadors, but they all boarded different colonization ships. She just lucked out being on one of the ships that wasn't destroyed trying to leave Earth, just like the rest of the characters in the game.
-Because...reasons. Idk. They stored human genetic DNA, not the DNA of the alien race Elma is. Her genetic data would've otherwise been lost forever.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
AUGH 100k miranium storage. You elusive little...

Does anyone know how to get through the barrier in the cave near FN Site 401?
I need ONE MORE STORAGE PROBE to get 100k Miranium storage and I cannot for the life of me find the way.

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out it was in another cave. Happy accident...

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I just teared up a little bit during the mission involving Sarona and Inisae. Wtf? I didn't expect to feel FEELS!

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Serious question: How would I explain this game to someone who just doesn't understand it or keeps comparing it to other games like Skyrim or Fallout?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Serious question: How would I explain this game to someone who just doesn't understand it or keeps comparing it to other games like Skyrim or Fallout?
It is an open world JRPG... how else would you need to explain it? Are you trying to get them to play the game?

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
It is an open world JRPG... how else would you need to explain it? Are you trying to get them to play the game?
...Not exactly, they just don't get the big picture of it and are outright dismissing it without actually knowing what it is.
I try to tell them what the game is about, and all they do is crack stupid jokes about it. They'll also keep saying something like, "What's so special about your character?" then say, for example, "In Skyrim you're the Dragonborn, in Fallout, you're the last survivor of a vault 111" (which really isn't that interesting) and I honestly don't know what to say to that.

I dunno, it could also be that there are way more factors that go into this game than any other, at least as far I know.

Then again, this the same type of person that only plays M-rated shooters and very little of anything else.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
...Not exactly, they just don't get the big picture of it and are outright dismissing it without actually knowing what it is.
I try to tell them what the game is about, and all they do is crack stupid jokes about it. They'll also keep saying something like, "What's so special about your character?" then say, for example, "In Skyrim you're the Dragonborn, in Fallout, you're the last survivor of a vault 111" (which really isn't that interesting) and I honestly don't know what to say to that.

I dunno, it could also be that there are way more factors that go into this game than any other, at least as far I know.

Then again, this the same type of person that only plays M-rated shooters and very little of anything else.
You already said it yourself, they only play M-rated shooters. Let them think what the want to think.

This game is so much more in-depth than he'll ever comprehend so why bother explaining things? :4pacman:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm aiming to level up my characters to at least 40 before I start on Chapter 10, which I already done the missions required for me to start on it.

On a side note, I have put in over 80 hours into the game.

Shog

Smash Ace
I finally understand how to make unlimited Overdrive work. And the Power is outstanding. Here are 3 tips of mine (betcha guys gonna figure it out faster then me but who cares)

-Get Irina in your party, she has a green skill which gives all other party members TP, including you
-Green Art + Yellow doubles the counter on the Overdrive Clock, there is a Gun Art doing 15 shots, meaning 30 will be shown!
-Have 4000 TP min so you can use TP Arts while in Overdrive
FINALLY: This is the one I missed: Green to Blue increases your Overdrive Time.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I'm aiming to level up my characters to at least 40 before I start on Chapter 10, which I already done the missions required for me to start on it.

On a side note, I have put in over 80 hours into the game.
You should be good to go if you're around level 40. Make sure you have the flight module.

Top Bottom