• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Shog

Smash Ace
So I got the Ares 90 after getting a Ares 70 and the power difference is significant. I couldn't OHKO the Level 91 Dinosaur thing with Full-Stacked Ares 70, while the Ares 90 with Augments...well it was overkill.

Also I am trying out a new game file and man, I forgot how fun the game is without Skell or Overdrive AND if you have some know-how about how things work.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If I wanted to, I could start a new playthrough after I finish my current one considering how much fun this game is. Unfortunately, I have no intention on doing that because I have other games I've yet to finish.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I just did L's Conundrum and I was this close to not having to do anything...although after spending a few reward tickets it was mission accomplished...

I think I've ran into a glitch with Mia because I managed gather the materials she wanted in Sylvalum but she still speaks as if I haven't found them yet when I talk to her...despite her having the green [ ! ] above her head...a little annoyed since it took a little while finding these materials (even after looking up where to find them)...

Also does anyone else think Alex is an idiot?...
Alex wants to eliminate xenoforms in NLA due to the potential threat they may cause humanity....but then on his final mission, 'Alex's Last Stand' he allies with the Ganglion :facepalm:...seriously?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Alex wants to eliminate xenoforms in NLA due to the potential threat they may cause humanity....but then on his final mission, 'Alex's Last Stand' he allies with the Ganglion :facepalm:...seriously?
Oh definitely
Good thing he paid for his insolence.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
He's a crazy ************, alright... :ohwell:

By the way, is there a faster way to make money besides doing random missions?

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
So I just did L's Conundrum and I was this close to not having to do anything...although after spending a few reward tickets it was mission accomplished...

I think I've ran into a glitch with Mia because I managed gather the materials she wanted in Sylvalum but she still speaks as if I haven't found them yet when I talk to her...despite her having the green [ ! ] above her head...a little annoyed since it took a little while finding these materials (even after looking up where to find them)...

It's best not to think too hard when it comes to some of this game's storylines, lol.

He's a crazy ************, alright... :ohwell:

By the way, is there a faster way to make money besides doing random missions?
FrontierNav.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Completed Chapter 11 yesterday...

Those feels...don't like how Lao betrayed the human race, but you can't help but feel sorry for the guy...

But now am working on more Affinity missions...and regretting I didn't have some of these characters on my team more often to build that Affinity...also only just figured out the character's Heart to Hearts...plus it doesn't help you needed to do them in order and I couldn't find the first ones for pretty much any character until now...also doesn't help I wasn't really looking either...

Also sidequest missions for Muimui and Moimoi
Sword of Legendaryness is a mock-up Monado!?!? And it's just randomly chillin in a cave in Sylvalum...

Also just found out what happens when you attack the Millesaur's necks...O_O! They seem like such gentle giants then they get rather terrifying...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Does anybody know where to find more of these data probes at? I'm just now figuring out how to produce more miranium than what I had before, which I can now produce over 25000 of them compared to the 6000 I had before. Also managed to grind for more money only for a little bit but it's a start. Can't seem to get a better understanding on how these things work without having to rely on a guide or something.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Hey guys, just wanted to share some amazing covers:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Does anybody know where to find more of these data probes at? I'm just now figuring out how to produce more miranium than what I had before, which I can now produce over 25000 of them compared to the 6000 I had before. Also managed to grind for more money only for a little bit but it's a start. Can't seem to get a better understanding on how these things work without having to rely on a guide or something.
Research Probes are a little bit of a pain to find...some missions give some to you as a reward (some), but you can obtain them from the Mechanical, Archaeological, Biological sites...They are hard to find though sometimes you don't get any probes and if you do usually they are mining probes...I think the higher the level the more likely you'll get better stuff such as Research Probes...I dunno if it's randomized but I found some research probes on top of some of the cliffs in Sylvalum near where you fight the Chapter 10 boss...

also consider where you place them each probe site has a rating for several things such as Production (good for mining), Revenue (good for research), and combat support (good for...well combat) and check to see if you discovered any sightseeing spots (if any) in the area...A higher ranked Revenue and more discovered sightseeing spots in the area will produce more money for you if you place a research probe...

Another thing to consider if you want to make money is selling some resources...some probe sites have valuable materials such as dawnstone available you can obtain them over time by placing mining probes...you can sell those for a decent price...I believe Dawnstone sells for over 1,700 a piece and if you accumulate a lot of them that's a fair amount of money you can get...You can also sell a bunch of other weapons and collectibles you don't use as well...

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Completed Chapter 11 yesterday...

Those feels...don't like how Lao betrayed the human race, but you can't help but feel sorry for the guy...

But now am working on more Affinity missions...and regretting I didn't have some of these characters on my team more often to build that Affinity...also only just figured out the character's Heart to Hearts...plus it doesn't help you needed to do them in order and I couldn't find the first ones for pretty much any character until now...also doesn't help I wasn't really looking either...

Also sidequest missions for Muimui and Moimoi
Sword of Legendaryness is a mock-up Monado!?!? And it's just randomly chillin in a cave in Sylvalum...

Also just found out what happens when you attack the Millesaur's necks...O_O! They seem like such gentle giants then they get rather terrifying...
Sure you can, I don't feel sorry for the little sh*t at all. I can't think of any other game that tries to paint a GENOCIDAL MANIAC in a sympathetic light, and the way this game tries to do it is outright laughable.

You know who I feel bad for? Lao's team. Sure, they were pretty worthless, and obviously just there to add to the body count. But I helped one of them get a girlfriend, and they all pretty much worshipped the ground Lao walked on. And he basically murdered them in cold blood. Too bad nobody cares other than that dude's npc girlfriend, and that's only if you talk to her. :/ The way everyone just worships Lao despite being a maniac and a loser is disgusting imo.

The Sword of Legendaryness being the Monado was a nice gag.

I can give you a cheat to rake in a bunch of cash using FrontierNav.

Also for whoever was wondering about Heart to Hearts, there's a sticky on the Gamefaqs message board that lists where all of them are.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sure you can, I don't feel sorry for the little sh*t at all. I can't think of any other game that tries to paint a GENOCIDAL MANIAC in a sympathetic light, and the way this game tries to do it is outright laughable.

You know who I feel bad for? Lao's team. Sure, they were pretty worthless, and obviously just there to add to the body count. But I helped one of them get a girlfriend, and they all pretty much worshipped the ground Lao walked on. And he basically murdered them in cold blood. Too bad nobody cares other than that dude's npc girlfriend, and that's only if you talk to her. :/ The way everyone just worships Lao despite being a maniac and a loser is disgusting imo.

The Sword of Legendaryness being the Monado was a nice gag.

Also for whoever was wondering about Heart to Hearts, there's a sticky on the Gamefaqs message board that lists where all of them are.
Hmmm...Let me rephrase that...I can't help but feel sorry for Lao's family....

I agree about Lao's team though...the game just sort of sacked them off like it was nothing, after we worked our butts off helping them out..

I think after considering some characters (most of which are crappy characters anyways) I think Irina's going to stick with me, because the sleep and control effects she can utilize are extremely useful...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Research Probes are a little bit of a pain to find...some missions give some to you as a reward (some), but you can obtain them from the Mechanical, Archaeological, Biological sites...They are hard to find though sometimes you don't get any probes and if you do usually they are mining probes...I think the higher the level the more likely you'll get better stuff such as Research Probes...I dunno if it's randomized but I found some research probes on top of some of the cliffs in Sylvalum near where you fight the Chapter 10 boss...

also consider where you place them each probe site has a rating for several things such as Production (good for mining), Revenue (good for research), and combat support (good for...well combat) and check to see if you discovered any sightseeing spots (if any) in the area...A higher ranked Revenue and more discovered sightseeing spots in the area will produce more money for you if you place a research probe...

Another thing to consider if you want to make money is selling some resources...some probe sites have valuable materials such as dawnstone available you can obtain them over time by placing mining probes...you can sell those for a decent price...I believe Dawnstone sells for over 1,700 a piece and if you accumulate a lot of them that's a fair amount of money you can get...You can also sell a bunch of other weapons and collectibles you don't use as well...
That sounds like a lot of work but I gotta do it eventually.
I would be grateful to hear it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Seriously? Did he take a page from the Reaper's book of logic or something? :facepalm:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...Let me rephrase that...I can't help but feel sorry for Lao's family....

I agree about Lao's team though...the game just sort of sacked them off like it was nothing, after we worked our butts off helping them out..

I think after considering some characters (most of which are crappy characters anyways) I think Irina's going to stick with me, because the sleep and control effects she can utilize are extremely useful...
I can never get the AI Irina to do anything useful regarding those things. So, I'm gonna give her the Ramjet rifle and let her be my TP ***** for whenever I decide to bring her along. I sure as hell am not controlling her, lmao.

That sounds like a lot of work but I gotta do it eventually.

I would be grateful to hear it.
http://karigezima.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Set up those probes, you'll get $100k from FrontierNav easily.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can never get the AI Irina to do anything useful regarding those things. So, I'm gonna give her the Ramjet rifle and let her be my TP ***** for whenever I decide to bring her along. I sure as hell am not controlling her, lmao.

http://karigezima.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Set up those probes, you'll get $100k from FrontierNav easily.
I set my character's Soul Voices accordingly and she ends up using them fairly often...

I keep forgetting that it's possible to switch characters...lol
Came in handy for this mission in a cave full of Ganglion...Elma's Shadowrunner makes it rather easy to move around...

Shog

Smash Ace
If you need cash postgame, there is an easy way. (You can get 300 000 Cash and 20 000 Miranium after doing one mission ;) )

Also I am confused about the stat potential. I boosted it with augments with my new game+ and even when using SP/TP Arts, the powerboost doesn't seem to be much. Am I missing something?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I finally beat the game today so I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts on it, but since I'm a man of a few words, I'm gonna make this short.

Story - It was really great, actually. The ending surprised me a lot but I'm gonna leave it at that.

Characters - Some great characters the game has, even though they're not as memorable (besides Elma and Lin). I did grew attached to some of these and their background stories.

Soundtrack - Eh, I'm somewhat in between on the soundtrack. There are some that I do like, such as this one:

I like this one mostly because of the rap lyrics in it.

And then there are some that just makes my ears bleed, like this one.

I can't stand this one.

Graphics - Beautiful graphics it has. I also like the whole realistic art style it has.

Side missions - Perhaps the best part of the whole game, helping other people with their problems and such.

Overall, I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Tons of fun I had in the 140 hours that I've put in and I do plan to continue playing it solely for the remaining affinity and request missions I have left.

Who in here thinks there should be a direct sequel to this game after that cliffhanger?

Last edited:
So apparently I was supposed to have Hope ages ago. i've completed chapter 9 and am level 39.

Apparently the quest I need (Marry Me) exists after chapter 3. But isn't appearing on the mission board.

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So apparently I was supposed to have Hope ages ago. i've completed chapter 9 and am level 39.

Apparently the quest I need (Marry Me) exists after chapter 3. But isn't appearing on the mission board.

Anyone know what I'm missing?
Just exit and re-enter the Concourse mission board it should pop up eventually (this is what I had to do to get the House of Cards mission)...I actually haven't even bothered with the Marry Me mission yet...mainly because I dislike gathering missions...especially if I only have 1/10 required materials...

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Who in here thinks there should be a direct sequel to this game after that cliffhanger?
Not me.

Just exit and re-enter the Concourse mission board it should pop up eventually (this is what I had to do to get the House of Cards mission)...I actually haven't even bothered with the Marry Me mission yet...mainly because I dislike gathering missions...especially if I only have 1/10 required materials...
You're not supposed to gather the materials. It's impossible because they don't exist. You just accept the mission so that you can start Hope's mission.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not me.

You're not supposed to gather the materials. It's impossible because they don't exist. You just accept the mission so that you can start Hope's mission.
Welp...guess that's one more thing to do before starting Chapter 12 then...lol

Good thing cuz I'm trying to build Irina's affinity up so I can do the Father and Sons affinity mission (FRACKING FOUR HEARTS NEEDED!?!)...almost there tho...

Also still a little annoyed that the game won't let me proceed with Mia's sidequest in Sylvalum...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just ****ing around with other characters to increase their affinity hearts so I can do the affinity missions involving them. I currently have L (turns out there's another affinity mission with him), Celica and the Murderess, with whom I should have reached the amount of hearts needed to do the "Little Rich Girl" affinity mission (I also need to get her to level up to about 40).

I also found a much cheaper way to make eazy ca$h money.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
^ Most non-storyline characters have three affinity missions (except Nagi and Celica, which sucks because they really both could've used another one). The level requirements are for YOUR character, not the AI. Grinding Murderess to level 40 just to do "A Little Rich Girl" seems like a huge waste of time imo.

For the record, you now have access to Support Missions, which are the quickest way to grind affinity.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just found out a while back that some party members can respond back to Cross's post-battle quotes when the battle is over.

88 hours into the game, and I never imagined that this was a thing while playing XCX. Then again, maybe it only applies to certain voices for Cross, as I've never heard any specific lines directed towards Female!Classic Cross. Does anyone know if they exist? :ohwell:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I managed to beat the game the other day...and I just gotta say, what a game!! I am now officially safe from spoilers (at least for the most part, I'm not as worried with Affinity Missions as the main story)...

----

A (Not so) Quick Review (spoiler-free)
Something to go with the reading

Gameplay
-It doesn't take long for the game to open up to you. And there is a pretty big emphasis on freedom. Very rarely the game takes a linear approach and at times you are encoraged to explore. And once you get the flight module your freedom is essentialy unlimited. Although I did fell like flying the skells took some part away from the exploration part. I like missions taking longer than they needed because I end up finding stuff along the way as opposed to flying there and 'getting it over with' so to speak.
As for the combat, it functions very much like a lot of open-world RPGs with real-time combat. The auto-attacks are a little frustrating since there are times I'm literally just sitting there waiting for my character to attack. However the combat is focused more on the character Arts which is where the strategy comes in. Using your Arts at the right opportune moments and activating your Soul Voices when you can to encourage your teammates to use their arts and build combos that deal hefty damage to enemies with probably close to a million HP at times...There are no time-passing mini-games like you see in other large scale games like this, but that is made up for in everything else you can do; from exploration, to sidequests, to just plain massacring the wildlife...err I mean grinding....

The game takes some getting used to especially once it REALLY opens up to you after the 'tutorial' section, in which case you either find yourself referring to the game Manual constantly or are simply poking and proding learning what each button does as you go...But once you get the hang of it, it becomes a very fun game to play, which is what the important part is at the end of the day!!

8.5/10

----

Design and Artstyle
-I'm a creature enthusiast, so being able to explore a vast world full of weird and wonderful wildlife is always going to make me happy. It's one reason I love games like Pokemon and Metroid so much (amoung other things of course, but it's a big factor). This game is no exception, from the fierce Grexes, to the massive Millesaurs, to the hilarious Saltats, there's plenty of awesome looking creatures out there for me to pump full of lead. The environments are exceptionally done as well. I remember just how captivated I was upon discovering a new land, pretty much seeing an entirely new world in front of me to explore and seeing it all for the first time. Especially when it came to Noctilum and Sylvalum which are both easily my favourite regions in the game, just by how damn pretty they are, especially at night with all the bioluminesence in the environment(hate the spores in Sylvalum though). There's a wide variety of clothing and armour in the game, a bit odd that you can even mix and match the sleeves if you so desire, but I guess that just adds to the customization. But you can choose to have your characters deked out in thick badass armour or you can slay monster in a bikini if that's your fancy (I won't judge) but there are definitely quite a range of interesting looking outfits especially once you start unlocking new Xeno product lines from the different races in game. Speaking of, The different races are rather interesting overall, sometimes I feel like its Star Wars seeing a Ma-non, Prone and a Wrothian arguing in a corner. Or the Zaruboggen unintentionally freaking out the Nopon. Some of these races are more of a mystery than anything, such as the Orphe...and other one of a kind races like that of L and Celica are also pretty mysterious themselves.

However there is one design choice that, is questionable. And of course this is the character faces. It looks quite awkward as hell when you have realistacilly rendered bodies and heads and then you decide to add anime-esque eyes to the mix...it makes the characters just look odd. Although I suppose you get used to it after a while, and some characters such as Elma and Lao actually have decent looking faces at the very least.

Overall this is a very pretty game to look at, design is all about making things look good, and at the end of the day this game does indeed look good!

8.5/10

----

Graphics
-The graphics are decent. From afar they look amazing, how the environments and the sky show themselves it's like walking through an everchanging piece of art. The lighting and weather effects really bring the world around you to life as they should. However upon closer inspection, they are no where near the best graphics out there. But given how big of a game this is, so far it is probably one fo the biggest on the Wii U, the graphics are still somewhat impressive and the job is still done effectively

7.5/10

----

Soundtrack
-Probably my favourite part of the whole game. I just love this soundtrack! For me at least, a great soundtrack makes a great game, because it makes the experience that much more enjoyable. From the amazing overworld themes of the five continents, to the memorable battle themes, to epic boss themes (final boss theme so, spoilers!), to unsettling requims...This soundtrack has easily become one of my favourite soundtracks of all time. A HUGE props to Sawano!!! (composed Attack on Titan's soundtrack which is also amazing!!)

There's not much else to add to it as I love almost every song in the game...Sure there are a few weaker tracks but I can't expect a soundtrack to be perfect, but for the most part I think it is pretty amazing!

9.5/10

----

Characters
-Definitely has it's share of memorable characters. Elma immediately stands out since she's the story's main character, with her memorable design, and highly likable personailty, as well as her badass combat skills. Easily the best character in the game, it's rather rare for the main playable character to take a back seat to another (Pokemon is pretty much the only other example I can think of off the top of my head) Another highly likable character is Lin; the energetic, and brilliant engineer/cook/GIANT MONSTER KILLING 13 YEAR OLD!!! Some of the other recruitable characters are pretty obnoxious, while others are more tolerable, but mostly uninteresting. Cross is THE player's character having a HUGE focus on customization, anywhere from their gender, to clothing, to weapon classes...to the point where the character basiaclly has almost no personality (at least outside of combat which is pretty much the only time you get any actuall voice acting from Cross)...literally the definition of a silent protagonist, Cross takes a backseat to other characters in the game by essentially being nothing more than a POV character, Cross's only real contribution to he story is in Chapter 1 and 5, other than that you're a spectator. Which I am fine with tbh...a Silent protagonist gives other characters their chance to shine and helps you the player grow closer to said characters and the esurrounding environment...

The character lineup at least in my opinion, does suffer slightly outside of the main cast, while there were a few other recruitable characters that I liked/thought were actually a little interesting...though even still it wasn't enough for me to be invested in too many of them, considering I played through most of the game with just the required three...

7/10

----

Story & Sidequests
-Now this is where the meat is. This game has an abundance of sidequests the player can choose to take. From basic Gathering and Bounty missions at the Concourse, to Support missions to earn rewards at the Division control, to the various character Affinity Missions. The sidequests definitely add a whole level of variety in this game by adding various unexpected story elements and themes to the mix and building up character development for the various NPC's you encounter in your adventure. Some sidequests are only available upon doing other sidequests and can end up creating these long strings of missions that feels almost like it's own little story mode, sometimes even having their own unique super bosses.

And then we have the Story. Nowadays the story is pretty much the single most important part of any video game, a bad story will ruin an otherwise good game in the eyes of many. Fortunately this game doesn't have that problem. The story is engaging, with it's share of challenging boss fights and enemy hordes to deal with. As is the case in any RPG, without the right preparation you'll get bodied. Almost every chapter has some kind of unexpected turn, until everything is then fully revealed and realised at the end of the game. In an effort to keep this review more or less spoiler-free I'll leave it at that.

When it comes to story missions and sidequests you definitely have a lot to do, even outside exploring for hours on end. And the more you do the more becomes available to you. One thing I like about some of these sidequests is just how much it encourages (sometimes force) the player to explore the world. Once I got stuck in an Affinity Mission that required me to travel to Sylvalum...and at that point, I had not even gotten anywhere near there. But upon beating the game I definitely wasn't disappointed!
And the prospect of a possible direct sequel given the HUGE opening(s) left at the end of the game

9/10

----

Conclusion
-I would definitely recommend this game to anyone. It functions like most other RPG's nowadays, but the emphasis on freedom is what really pulls you into this game. From the open-world exploration to the character customization. The world is huge with lots of stuff everywhere, and lots of stuff to do, that's what people like in an open-world game. Would play again!! (especially now that I know what I'm doing, more or less)

8.3/10

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
^ Good review. I'll add some of my points as well.

Gameplay: They improved on the original, which I already liked, so this is a huge plus for me. Simple things such as the run button (thank god) and jumping abilities makes exploring in this game much more convenient than it was in the original. The gameplay is the meat of any game, and I give this one a solid 10. I do keep returning to it after 250+ hours of gameplay later for a reason, of course.

Design/Artstyle: I didn't have as much fun exploring all the different areas as I did in the first game. The continents themselves are humongous, but there are fewer of them and the environments get rather samey after a while. The areas in the first game were all large enough, and with more varied environments to boot. My rankings of the continents themselves pretty much go in the order you visit them. I sometimes like Oblivia more than Noctilum though, depends on my mood. Also, I never understood why people like Sylvalum so much. It's just a giant field of nothing...but I digress. Fashion gear is an awesome feature. I love keeping the guys shirtless at all times. As for the different races--I liked the Ma-non, the Orphe, and the Tree Clan are kind of cool. The Wrothians were cool for Ga Jiarg/Ga Buidhe and the lesbian couple. I was over it by the time the garbage men showed up. Hated most of their missions, too.

Graphics: Well, it's high definition. What more can you ask? The pop-in is dreadful in NLA but I can deal. The game looks fantastic.

Characters: I like Elma, not so much Mary Sue...er, I mean Lin. The recruit-able characters are pretty awesome in my books, mostly because they're MY posse and I'm not forced to include Elma and Lin into their storylines like everything else. I felt a much bigger connection to the likes of Phog/Frye/Yelv/Alexa/HB/Murderess etc. vs. Irina/Gwin and the like because they made their bonds with me, vs. the others who spent their time kissing Elma's or Lin's boots.

In a similar vein, the sidequests are definitely the better part of the story, because that's where they ran with the idea of role-playing your customizable character. Choices you make during the sidequests actually make differences, such as an NPC dying or something. Plus the antagonists in the sidequests were actually...ahem, written well? Most of the time anyway. The villains in the main storyline were chumps.

The main storyline also has way too many plotholes/missed opportunities/etc. for me to rank it anywhere near the first game to be honest. It's serviceable, but it left me angry at multiple points as well. I won't go into too much detail because I don't really feel like it...oops. Not to mention your character's actions don't really mean squat at the end of the day. If they go with the customizable avatar route again with the next game (which they should imo), the storyline should play out so that our choices matter more.

The epilogue was awful, and the sequel hook was worse. I say this because I see people using the sequel as a means to answer all the questions in some grand stupid epic or whatever, but I call bull on that excuse. An unfinished story is an unfinished story, and XBX is an unfinished story. The first game didn't need a sequel, and this one doesn't either.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also, I never understood why people like Sylvalum so much. It's just a giant field of nothing...
When it comes to Sylvalum I guess I can understand seeing how it's very white...Though I can at least explain my point of view on the region...This is just me though as I can't speak for everyone else...

It's unique, not something that I was expecting upon first discovering it...looking at the map and seeing the white region to the north of Primordia I immediately thought, 'This is the Ice world most likely.' But that clearly wasn't the case, the concept behind is something completely different to what we got form the other regions...It's liek a giant sandy beach full of fungi and strange trees...Each have their own appeal, Primordia's rock formations, the giant rings of Oblivia, the diverse forests of Noctilum, the industrial fortresses of Cauldros; but each one of these regions still feels as if they met a requirement; Primordia being the great plains (a fitting start to an adventure); Noctilum being the forested area; Oblivia the desert area and Cauldros the obligatory lava world...Sylvalum is something of a peculiar case given that you wouldn't see something like this in any game or on Earth...

Looking at it and some of the structures surrounding the entire region, it's almost as if the entire continent was once a massive tree which has since become rotted, petrified and overrun with fungi and wildlife, forming it's own ecosystems from within the trunk...at least that my little theory behind it...it makes me think, something that to me at least makes me interested in a particular concept and the thought that goes into it from the minds of the developers and designers...

In addition to this it also houses these bizarre spherical trees as well as an abundance of bizarre wildlife that isn't seen in any other region...It truly feels like traversing through an entirely alien world as opposed to just an Earth-like planet...While it may not be as diverse as Noctilum, or as expansive as Primordia, but the area gives off an unsettling calmness that gives it that sense of foreboding danger...I'm not a fan of the spore-clouds that appear since I can't see two feet in front of me, but this also emphasizes this foreboding, not to mention if I'm engaging indigens at this time, it's actually somewhat creepy knowing they are there but I still can't see them...
Also Sylvalum is best appreciated at nighttime, perhaps while the nightly Aurora is out, all the purples and cyans really bring the beauty out in this place in addition to glow that comes from those bizarre trees...This is even evident with it's theme which has a better nighttime version...

----

In other news, it just it goes to show that I should probably work harder completing more gathering sidequests since I put one off that involved an Orphe that needed Logunie's Driftwood, and it turns out after I completed it, it opened up another sidequest, which in turn opened up a whole bunch of other Orphe sidequests...:lol:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
^ Ehhh....lol. Sylvalum is the Satorl Marsh of this game for me. Everyone says they love it because of atmosphere/it looks amazing, and I'm just like well yeah...but there's nothing to do there! lol. I don't dislike it or anything. I just see it as kind of pointless. As said, I don't like how they made it basically a giant field. All of the interesting things are off to the side of the continent. Even the music, while good, is the worst of the five continents in my opinion.

Last edited:

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
i this game really worth getting? i am really cosidering to get a copy, but im really worried about numerous glitches that stop you for progresing the story or the horrible souns that the wiiu does reading the game, also the data packs really echanted the experience? or one could enjoy the game without any of them ( this also includes if these packs also reduce the noises of the disc reading)?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i this game really worth getting? i am really cosidering to get a copy, but im really worried about numerous glitches that stop you for progresing the story or the horrible souns that the wiiu does reading the game, also the data packs really echanted the experience? or one could enjoy the game without any of them ( this also includes if these packs also reduce the noises of the disc reading)?
No glitches on my end at all.
Never heard a sound from the Wii U whilst playing either granted I'm at the other end of the room
Loading times aren't bad without the packs but not great either.

So go buy it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
JuanHUM JuanHUM I have not had any glitches since I got the game.
The Wii U does make a sound when reading the game but hasn't caused any problems for me.
Loading times is a pain in the ass even with the data packs.

If you like JRPGs or if you enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii (or the 3DS port), then give it a shot.
Despite some flaws, it's still a great game in my opinion.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I'm stuck on chapter 9, at level 33. What's a good level to be at to finish it?

And on an unrelated note, I wanna get a new skell since I've heard that the one you start out with isn't that good, but I just can't decide which one to get. I wanna get one that's relatively balanced in most areas, so I would think that a medium type would be good, but I also like the extra mobility of the light types... I dunno. I just can't decide on one.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That moment you're walking down a random alleyway in the commercial district and a Ma-non just goes splat!...CSI:NLA?

And on an unrelated note, I wanna get a new skell since I've heard that the one you start out with isn't that good, but I just can't decide which one to get. I wanna get one that's relatively balanced in most areas, so I would think that a medium type would be good, but I also like the extra mobility of the light types... I dunno. I just can't decide on one.
Well, you might want to grind a bit, I was in the 40's and had a hard time (then again I suck at this game)....

The beginner Skell is only a Lv. 20 Frame...you're definitely better off grabbing a Lv. 30 model and possibly giving your other one to one of your comrades...Verus seems like a good model...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That moment you're walking down a random alleyway in the commercial district and a Ma-non just goes splat!...CSI:NLA?
lol That happened to me not too long ago while I was doing another mission for somebody.

Of course, once I finished that mission, I got right on the case to find the killer.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice

Go to Primordia waters and grind a few more levels on the Ganglion enemies there. Although what matters most is having a good ground build and leveling up your arts/skills.

Get Verus. It has G-Buster, which is the best weapon you can get at that point.

That was an awesome sidequest.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Go to Primordia waters and grind a few more levels on the Ganglion enemies there. Although what matters most is having a good ground build and leveling up your arts/skills.

Get Verus. It has G-Buster, which is the best weapon you can get at that point.

That was an awesome sidequest.
It was!
But I was kinda hoping to recruit Akwar afterwards
One thing that's a little disappointing with this game, you can't recruit any Xenos to be a part of your squad...well other than L, Celica...
and Elma
but you know what I mean...
Imagine wreaking **** with a Ma-non, Prone and Wrothian at your back...or even an Orphe (those guys are pretty cool)...

Last edited:
Top Bottom