• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
It was!
But I was kinda hoping to recruit Akwar afterwards
One thing that's a little disappointing with this game, you can't recruit any Xenos to be a part of your squad...well other than L, Celica...
and Elma
but you know what I mean...
Imagine wreaking **** with a Ma-non, Prone and Wrothian at your back...or even an Orphe (those guys are pretty cool)...
At least you didn't let him die.

The only characters among the non-human species that I wish were playable are Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe. Can't really say I care about playing as an Orphean or Ma-non.

Out of curiosity, who here has played the original Xenoblade Chronicles? I started a new playthrough the other day.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At least you didn't let him die.

The only characters among the non-human species that I wish were playable are Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe. Can't really say I care about playing as an Orphean or Ma-non.

Out of curiosity, who here has played the original Xenoblade Chronicles? I started a new playthrough the other day.
Yeah I wish they were playable too...

Not that I really cared for her but I was kinda expecting Slovity Povus to be playable as well...or the Definian, Erio...

I dunno...the Ma-non may be a little awkward due to their short stature but I feel like an Orphe would've been sick...even though they aren't really fighters they could've had one that was kinda like the Mordin Solus of Xenoblade in a way...I could see him using the Psychorupters and Beam Saber for example...

I dunno that's just me...but having all these xeno races walking around NLA and most playable characters are human where it could've made the character line-up a bit more diverse...though I understand its easier from a development standpoint...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Has anyone done the "Then and now" affinity mission yet? If so
how do I beat those Lv. 80 bosses?

D

Deleted member

Has anyone done the "Then and now" affinity mission yet? If so
how do I beat those Lv. 80 bosses?
I've recruited a level 60 drifter equipped with a long sword called Crimson Blade (not sure if it is named like that in the english versions). Sweep'd them in like 1 minute and a half.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So. Gonna get my hard drive soon.

Then I'll download the patches for improved performance.

Then to save up for the game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well it seems like I have completed every single affinity mission in the game involving Elma and Lin so all that's left are those with the other characters.

But regardless, I need a break from the game.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, just finished Yelv's last affiinity mission....and that ending was...unexpected...

also I can safely say that I despise Murderess...

D

Deleted member

Is there anything I can do to make Enforcer heal better? The healing is really bad. I just got the class right after Enforcer and it's still generally like that.

Shog

Smash Ace
I heard talk of non-human playable characters.
Jiarg is cool but I would have killed for a Orphe party member.
But Orphe dispise fighting, even witht their advanced technology. That doesn't make much sense

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why? Because of her alias?
Her alias is dumb but that's not the reason...her second affinity mission made hate her...her first one didn't really give me a good first impression either...
But Orphe dispise fighting, even witht their advanced technology. That doesn't make much sense
There's an exception to everything...one Orphe continued to serve the Ganglion even though the rest of their race sided with humans...it comes down to their Ovah and what it tells them basically....they could've easily made an Orphe that had a more 'hands-on' approach to weapon making...could've even had some Arms Testing missions as well...

Either way it would've been nice to have a bit more diversity outside of only a few xenos that still had a remarkably human-like appearance...
at the very least we could've recruited a Wrothian since they are a race of proud warriors, even if it wasn't the prince or his right hand...

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything I can do to make Enforcer heal better? The healing is really bad. I just got the class right after Enforcer and it's still generally like that.
There's not really a dedicated healing class in this game. You need to study the soul voice system, because that's where your healing comes from. If you do Irina's first Affinity Mission, you can get her Smooth Recovery art. Pretty much the best healing art you can get.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Her alias is dumb but that's not the reason...her second affinity mission made hate her...her first one didn't really give me a good first impression either...
Why? Her second mission was great. Put the Dark Suit on her, I can't have her wear anything else in my game.

I often find the side characters to be much more likable/relatable than the main storyline characters. Probably because Elma and Lin aren't around yapping their mouths and making everything about them. They build their relationship with MY character. That's the way it should be done. Heck, Murderess even gives Irina something to do other than lick Elma's boots. I wish people like Gwin/Doug/etc. had relationships to build with the extra characters like that.

My absolutele favorite side character is Phog. He's adorable, and he and my avatar are boyfriends in my copy of the game. <3

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why? Her second mission was great. Put the Dark Suit on her, I can't have her wear anything else in my game.

I often find the side characters to be much more likable/relatable than the main storyline characters. Probably because Elma and Lin aren't around yapping their mouths and making everything about them. They build their relationship with MY character. That's the way it should be done. Heck, Murderess even gives Irina something to do other than lick Elma's boots. I wish people like Gwin/Doug/etc. had relationships to build with the extra characters like that.

My absolutele favorite side character is Phog. He's adorable, and he and my avatar are boyfriends in my copy of the game. <3
I did think the same about the dark suit but I just gave her a leather jacket which suits her also...regardless in the first part of the mission I disliked how she basically used me as a pawn in her little game of death to earn a quick buck and basically told me 'too ****ing bad' at giving me a share of the money I helped her get...not too mention a big part of my time was spent bouncing between random ganglion strongholds trying to find the research data that once again gives her a huge reward that I barely got a cut of...

Doesn't help I really dislike her attitude...

I thought Phog was sort of awkward in a way...but then again I haven't had the opportunity yet to do his affinity missions so I can't really have a solid opinion on his character yet...

As of now the recruitable characters I DO like (aside from the required) are Celica (as long as she's not in a Skell), Irina, Nagi, L (when he's not actually on my team because he's a little bit annoying), and Yelv (hated him at first but his affinity quests changed my opinion)

The main problem I have with most side characters is basically the relationships you build seem rather shallow beyond the affinity missions...sure there's the heart to hearts but you kinda have to go out of your way to do them....or randomly bump into them...as opposed to having actual conversations with them where they hang out as opposed to 'hey can I come you?'...I guess this why I favour more characters that are more involved with the storyline because you get a better chance to have a more in depth relationship with them...

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I did think the same about the dark suit but I just gave her a leather jacket which suits her also...regardless in the first part of the mission I disliked how she basically used me as a pawn in her little game of death to earn a quick buck and basically told me 'too ****ing bad' at giving me a share of the money I helped her get...not too mention a big part of my time was spent bouncing between random ganglion strongholds trying to find the research data that once again gives her a huge reward that I barely got a cut of...

Doesn't help I really dislike her attitude...

I thought Phog was sort of awkward in a way...but then again I haven't had the opportunity yet to do his affinity missions so I can't really have a solid opinion on his character yet...

As of now the recruitable characters I DO like (aside from the required) are Celica (as long as she's not in a Skell), Irina, Nagi, L (when he's not actually on my team because he's a little bit annoying), and Yelv (hated him at first but his affinity quests changed my opinion)

The main problem I have with most side characters is basically the relationships you build seem rather shallow beyond the affinity missions...sure there's the heart to hearts but you kinda have to go out of your way to do them....or randomly bump into them...as opposed to having actual conversations with them where they hang out as opposed to 'hey can I come you?'...I guess this why I favour more characters that are more involved with the storyline because you get a better chance to have a more in depth relationship with them...
And yet despite hanging around with Elma and Lin the entire storyline, I feel like the avatar's relationship with either of them doesn't change much at all. Neither of them go through any character development thanks to the avatar's input, like the side characters do. Lin's perfect from the beginning (which is another can of worms) and Elma just hides stuff from everyone the entire game. Difference of opinion I guess, but that's how I see it.

Yelv's one of the best ones. He's like the Reyn of this game--total bro, no bullsh*t, always got your back, pard. H.B. is also one of the superior party members for obvious reasons. Also Nagi's awesome, but he totally got the short end of the stick as far as the main storyline (where he quickly gets replaced by Vandham) and only have one affinity mission. What a gip.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And yet despite hanging around with Elma and Lin the entire storyline, I feel like the avatar's relationship with either of them doesn't change much at all. Neither of them go through any character development thanks to the avatar's input, like the side characters do. Lin's perfect from the beginning (which is another can of worms) and Elma just hides stuff from everyone the entire game. Difference of opinion I guess, but that's how I see it.

Yelv's one of the best ones. He's like the Reyn of this game--total bro, no bullsh*t, always got your back, pard. H.B. is also one of the superior party members for obvious reasons. Also Nagi's awesome, but he totally got the short end of the stick as far as the main storyline (where he quickly gets replaced by Vandham) and only have one affinity mission. What a gip.
Considering all things do you really blame Elma for keeping her secrets?

HB is one I have a hard time liking because of his insane amount of arrogance...sure his motives are genuine but I'm not exactly a fan those who speak too highly of themselves, especially with his snobby attitude...

Nagi probably would've been my number 4 easy if not for the fact that he was frikkin restricted for all the story missions (understandable given his important role for humanity but it still sucks)

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Considering all things do you really blame Elma for keeping her secrets?

HB is one I have a hard time liking because of his insane amount of arrogance...sure his motives are genuine but I'm not exactly a fan those who speak too highly of themselves, especially with his snobby attitude...

Nagi probably would've been my number 4 easy if not for the fact that he was frikkin restricted for all the story missions (understandable given his important role for humanity but it still sucks)
I blame the writers for making the end-game twists so awful.

H.B. is incredible. His affinity missions are fun and he has some of the most entertaining heart-to-hearts. Plus he's so much fun to bring along in battle. "Superior Trash Talk!" "Superior Stand!" "Superior Dive!" Plus that hologram of him also confirms his greatness.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already don't like H.B. from the moment I met him because, of course, of his smart ass attitude of his. Some of the **** he says makes it sound like he was saying I'm stupid or something, which really makes me wanna break his smart ass jaw just to shut him the **** up. I don't see what's so great about him.

If I have to pick which characters I really like, it would have to be Gwin, Irina (she kicks ass, no doubt), Celica, Nagi and Alexa (I like how she goes crazy with Skells). I do like Doug and L too but they really aren't as appealing to me. I don't have an opinion on Frye, Phog and Yelv because I haven't done their affinity missions at the moment (If I ever get the chance to play the game again, I would do Frye's and Phog's next).

And you really can't blame Elma for keeping her secrets from everyone.

D

Deleted member

I had a dream last night, where there was an announcement for a new playable character for Smash NX and coming from Xenoblade X.

And it was not Elma, nor Cross, nor even Lyn or Tatsu, but...

(I would be far to be against this inclusion in all honesty. ♥)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I had a dream last night, where there was an announcement for a new playable character for Smash NX and coming from Xenoblade X.

The one character I do not have unlocked because the game won't let me...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

How do you even get her?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How do you even get her?
You have to complete all her sidequests first...I believe she's got one in each region before you are able to recruit her...

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
How do you even get her?
Step 1: Complete the "Mamma Mia" quest she gives you in New LA.
Step 2: Find Mia at Noctilum's Skybound Coil Tree and complete her quest there.
Step 3: Find Mia at Oblivia's Leaning Ring and complete her quest there.
Step 4: Find Mia at Sylvalum's Nopon Caravan and complete her quest there.
Step 5: Finish all of these quests: Attack on Biahno Hills, Water Woes, The Miracle Maker, Rites of Ruin, Good Fortun, Shotgun Diplomacy, The Line of Fire, Alex's Last Stand, Mystery Man and Professor B's Return.
Step 6: Complete the Definian Downfall quest (aka probably the hardest quest in the game!)
Step 7: Survey 65% of Cauldros.
Step 8: Find Mia at Cauldros' Ganglion Antropolis and complete her quest there.
Step 9: Enjoy! :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Step 1: Complete the "Mamma Mia" quest she gives you in New LA.
Step 2: Find Mia at Noctilum's Skybound Coil Tree and complete her quest there.
Step 3: Find Mia at Oblivia's Leaning Ring and complete her quest there.
Step 4: Find Mia at Sylvalum's Nopon Caravan and complete her quest there.
Step 5: Finish all of these quests: Attack on Biahno Hills, Water Woes, The Miracle Maker, Rites of Ruin, Good Fortun, Shotgun Diplomacy, The Line of Fire, Alex's Last Stand, Mystery Man and Professor B's Return.
Step 6: Complete the Definian Downfall quest (aka probably the hardest quest in the game!)
Step 7: Survey 65% of Cauldros.
Step 8: Find Mia at Cauldros' Ganglion Antropolis and complete her quest there.
Step 9: Enjoy! :)
Pretty sure I did all but one on Step 5. The rest should be no problem...I hope.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
WooooooW....just found out the game lied to me...

was a little annoyed that Mia wouldn't acknowledge that I had completed her gathering request in Sylvalum...the objectives showed I had all parts, she even had the Green [!] over her head and still wouldn't recognize I had gotten everything...

But, I decided to basically redo gathering the essentials (remember I had already collected everything, the game said I had already completed the objective), and lo and behold, I'm finally on the next part of the mission...

Why you gotta be like this game? But at least I can make progress in unlocking Mia finally...

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'm currently stuck on the "Fitting in" affinity mission against the stratospheric balaena... that thing is so strong and I don't have the tools to counter it, namely something to reduce my vulnerability to this ridiculous blaze DoT it inflicts to my skells forcing my entire party to go on foot at a point it often have more than half its hit points left, and my longevity on foot against that thing is ridiculously low. Generally I hate to have to rely on the "too hard reduce level" mechanic but this time it looks like I'll have to; I tried with toned down difficulty and even then I only managed to get super close to win but I actually never did it (once my skell somehow survived during the entire fight and I wanted to finish its last 2% HP on foot just for some silly fun and but as soon as I went on-foot I got one-shoted by the monster's strongest attack... *shrugs*) Since it's an affinity mission I unfortunately can't move on to complete it later like I do with many other missions I find too hard, so it breaks the flow of the game comparatively to every playing day before when I was feeling like I was accomplishing something or at least progressing and that's sad. (And besides, why can't I just run away to save my life and leave the balaena alone? but how well)

Can anyone who finished this affinity mission give me some tips or something? For what it's worth I don't have access to level 50 skells yet and I'd rather not use an infinite overdrive strategy, I mean, it was fun to do the first time when I used it to make chapter 11 a breeze but I don't see myself having fun using it to trivialize the rest of the game. (Actually I like overdrive as a temporary mode mostly for how fast it charges arts, but "under decoy effect during the entire battle" strategy no thanks)

On a funny note, am I the only one who went inside the giant flower in the part of Noctilum only accessible through skell flight and thought that the flower itself was the tyrant when hearing Uncontrollable and quickly ran away trying to not be eaten by the flower, only to realize later than Joker the whatever-I-don't-remember that's its actual name actually was a small blatta? I mean, I wasn't expecting a level 90 tyrant to be an insect the size of a human :laugh:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I'm currently stuck on the "Fitting in" affinity mission against the stratospheric balaena... that thing is so strong and I don't have the tools to counter it, namely something to reduce my vulnerability to this ridiculous blaze DoT it inflicts to my skells forcing my entire party to go on foot at a point it often have more than half its hit points left, and my longevity on foot against that thing is ridiculously low. Generally I hate to have to rely on the "too hard reduce level" mechanic but this time it looks like I'll have to; I tried with toned down difficulty and even then I only managed to get super close to win but I actually never did it (once my skell somehow survived during the entire fight and I wanted to finish its last 2% HP on foot just for some silly fun and but as soon as I went on-foot I got one-shoted by the monster's strongest attack... *shrugs*) Since it's an affinity mission I unfortunately can't move on to complete it later like I do with many other missions I find too hard, so it breaks the flow of the game comparatively to every playing day before when I was feeling like I was accomplishing something or at least progressing and that's sad. (And besides, why can't I just run away to save my life and leave the balaena alone? but how well)

Can anyone who finished this affinity mission give me some tips or something? For what it's worth I don't have access to level 50 skells yet and I'd rather not use an infinite overdrive strategy, I mean, it was fun to do the first time when I used it to make chapter 11 a breeze but I don't see myself having fun using it to trivialize the rest of the game. (Actually I like overdrive as a temporary mode mostly for how fast it charges arts, but "under decoy effect during the entire battle" strategy no thanks)

On a funny note, am I the only one who went inside the giant flower in the part of Noctilum only accessible through skell flight and thought that the flower itself was the tyrant when hearing Uncontrollable and quickly ran away trying to not be eaten by the flower, only to realize later than Joker the whatever-I-don't-remember that's its actual name actually was a small blatta? I mean, I wasn't expecting a level 90 tyrant to be an insect the size of a human :laugh:
Is that Celica's third mission? That thing was a *****, yeah. Only advice I can give is to make sure your Skells are up to snuff, and that you don't aggro any of the enemies around the stupid thing, since I'm pretty sure they're all high level.

Joker is actually rather well known in the community as a grinding god. For a level 90 tyrant, he's rather easy to defeat. He and all his mooks give out a ****-ton of experience and other goodies.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I actually didn't have too much problems with that...save for the fact it took forever....

I recon it would be difficult without a lv 50 skell, so you better get yourself upgraded, try different augments that you can add to your skell that may help you in that fight...like something that resists Blaze or something...

There is an option if you pull up the battle menu (+) to do an emergency escape within 15 seconds...unless it's disabled during mission battles....I dunno I rarely use it anyways...

----

Joker the Unknowable....yep I dove right into that thing like 'Hey What's in here?'...when the Uncontrollable music came on and saw the Lv. 90, I did not hesitate to GTFO!! lol....Thought the plant was gonna Venus Flytrap me or something (I mean the Blattas themselves hadn't even loaded yet when I went inside so I saw nothing else)...second time the game made me jump out of my socks...first was when I got ambushed by a horde of Germivores and they all simultaneously did that roar (it was frikking LOUD!!!)...man I nearly got a heart attack...

There's a few lol moments in this game for sure though...

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Elma looks pretty bad*ss in this particular scene from Chapter 5. Don't open the spoiler tag if you haven't gone through it!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got my hard drive! I downloaded the patches.

Now to save up for the game itself!

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
is there some kind of new game + in xenoblade choronicles? and how many hours do you need to finish the game 100%?

i really want this game now.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
is there some kind of new game + in xenoblade choronicles? and how many hours do you need to finish the game 100%?

i really want this game now.
Are you talking about Xenoblade Chronicles X which is what this thread is about? Or Xenoblade Chronicles, a completely different game for the Wii and New 3DS?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hard to believe I had to go through a lot of trouble to beat the "Definian Downfall" mission just now. It took me three tries to beat that Lv. 50 Rexoskell on the ground. That fight took forever...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally got Mia after such a long time. The missions required to get her were a pain in the ass to complete.

Top Bottom