• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Who do I talk to or where do I go for the flight module again? I forgot.
Inside the Outfitters Test Hangar in the Industrial District. If you did Alexa's first affinity mission, it's the same place.

You may or may not have to accept a basic mission about it in mission control first.

D

Deleted member

Such a cool pic as a conclusion to my journey (little spoiler : all playable characters unlocked) :

Me with my padawan.

♥

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The Night Time shots are so good with clear weather or Meteor Showers.
Like when Space/Night Skies are done exceptionally well they're absolutely amazing to look at.

Shog

Smash Ace
GOT my Ares 70 hooray! I wanted it instead of the Ares 90 because it is less OP.
I thought :/
(Also I like the color scheme more)

than I realised you can change the colorscheme easily yourself. :(

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can safely assume that this game has taken over my life temporarily. I have now put in close to 100 hours into the game...and y'all weren't kidding about Chapter 10.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
GOT my Ares 70 hooray! I wanted it instead of the Ares 90 because it is less OP.
I thought :/
(Also I like the color scheme more)

than I realised you can change the colorscheme easily yourself. :(
Lol, you didn't know that? You can change the color scheme of any Skells haha.

I can safely assume that this game has taken over my life temporarily. I have now put in close to 100 hours into the game...and y'all weren't kidding about Chapter 10.
Only 100? :p And lol I was afraid I was giving you too much "advice" and kind of spoiling things. Luckily, you don't need to do any extra planning for the last remaining chapters other than possibly grinding.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lol, you didn't know that? You can change the color scheme of any Skells haha.

Only 100? :p And lol I was afraid I was giving you too much "advice" and kind of spoiling things. Luckily, you don't need to do any extra planning for the last two chapters other than possibly grinding.
I'll keep grinding if I have to until I decide to stop.

Shog

Smash Ace
I'll keep grinding if I have to until I decide to stop.
Protip if Level too low on Endgame:

If stuck on Level 43~(like me), get the Skell"Scythe"-like Weapon which does Double-Hits and does more damage if you hit the back of an Enemy, than go find those Level 60 Ictus(east of the lake, called Grieving Plains) and get your sweet sweet revenge at night time. They give MASSIVE EXP and with 4 Skells(I used Level 30 Skells nontheless!) you can train your team.

(Obviously save beforehand to get a feeling how to bind it correctly/hit it correctly etc.)

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Another easy way to gain levels is kill a lone Skell enemy at the farthest east fast travel point on Oblivia's map (well, the farthest east fast travel point on the world map I guess, haha). But I didn't have any trouble having to grind levels in the next chapter, because I gained them naturally progressing through it and defeating all the enemies. It takes place in Cauldros, after all.

Out of curiosity, did any of you have a "main fourth" member doing the story chapters? I always used Doug, because I liked his character and his fighting style was unique from my character and Elma/Lin. He held his own quite nicely.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
My "main fourth" members were Celica and Hope. For my first and second playthroughs respectively. During my first playthrough I could never decide on a "main fourth" party member until Celica's first affinity mission appeared.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Alright, simple question. Without spoilers, is there a postgame after you beat the main story? I'm not quite there yet (I'm past Ch7) and I just wanted to know in hindsight.

I'll be sorely disappointed if it pulls what pre Broken Steel add-on Fallout 3 did on me.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My "main fourth" has always been Irina, though I sometimes switch between her and Gwin but mostly Irina. If I have to choose the one thing I like about her it would have to be her personality, but overall she kicks ass.

I also like that affinity mission where she stood up to those two BLADEs who were talking **** about her and Gwin.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Out of curiosity, did any of you have a "main fourth" member doing the story chapters? I always used Doug, because I liked his character and his fighting style was unique from my character and Elma/Lin. He held his own quite nicely.
I have no "main forth" when I'm doing the story missions. I had whoever was with me at the time or pick who I wanted to tag along. BUT, if we're talking mainstays in my party outside the main story, then Alexa is a definite. Love her <3.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Alright, simple question. Without spoilers, is there a postgame after you beat the main story? I'm not quite there yet (I'm past Ch7) and I just wanted to know in hindsight.

I'll be sorely disappointed if it pulls what pre Broken Steel add-on Fallout 3 did on me.
There's a postgame in that there's still plenty to do, such as sidequests. Which are honestly the best part of the game in my opinion.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
There's a postgame in that there's still plenty to do, such as sidequests. Which are honestly the best part of the game in my opinion.
That what I was hoping for. I wasn't hoping for a post game story per se (although that would be nice too), just for me to continue after the main story so I can finish everything else up. And I agree, the sidequests are the best part. Thanks for the heads up.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After obtaining the flight module...I pretty spent the next couple of hours flying all over Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia...Sylvalum and Cauldros will be explored in due time though those regions have more aerial threats for skells...

I also haven't really settled on a fourth wheel character...atm I have Celica tagging along, I have been contemplating Lao and Irina as well though...we'll see who else becomes available/isn't a douche/has a unique class...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I managed to play through Chapter 11 without any real problems prior to the boss fight.

It could be because of these fancy, stronger clothing we're wearing that we were able to survive much longer than before.

Since I already done the Skell flight module, I can start Chapter 12 right away. And judging by that comment W Weedy Spyze said about "the last two chapters" I assume that's last chapter in the game.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
^ Good luck. I've never been able to beat chapter 12 without lowering the difficulty. lol

Your main character should be at least level 50 before "the point of no return." You'll know what it is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
^ Good luck. I've never been able to beat chapter 12 without lowering the difficulty. lol

Your main character should be at least level 50 before "the point of no return." You'll know what it is.
My four characters are each at level 48 right now. I'll do some more grinding until they hit 50 before I start on the next chapter.

I also need to earn some more cash since I've spent nearly my whole wallet on those Skells, better clothes and stronger weapons.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
My four characters are each at level 48 right now. I'll do some more grinding until they hit 50 before I start on the next chapter.

I also need to earn some more cash since I've spent nearly my whole wallet on those Skells, better clothes and stronger weapons.
Money's so easy to come by lmao with FrontierNav, though. If you already have Skells and the like for everyone, you really don't need anything else...

How's Irina doing on your team, by the way? Because I think she's honestly garbage. You don't need a healer character if you're good with soul voices, and that's basically all she's good for (well, that and feeding TP with Last Stand, but I never have a problem with that either). So, I'm kind of curious on what you see in her.

I had a dream about this game last night.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Money's so easy to come by lmao with FrontierNav, though. If you already have Skells and the like for everyone, you really don't need anything else...

How's Irina doing on your team, by the way? Because I think she's honestly garbage. You don't need a healer character if you're good with soul voices, and that's basically all she's good for (well, that and feeding TP with Last Stand, but I never have a problem with that either). So, I'm kind of curious on what you see in her.

I had a dream about this game last night.
Okay, that make things easier for me then.

To tell you the truth, it's not because she's a healer character or whatever, I just like Irina as a character is all. I didn't have any problems with her on my team.

You had a dream that the world came to an end?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ugh...Chapter 10 is becoming the biggest pain in the rear...(and I thought Chapter 9 was a nightmare)...The frikkin difficulty spike between 8 and 9 just flat out blind-sided me...Here I wanted to wait on 10, but it turns out most of my remaining affinity missions required me to at least complete chapter 10...

Went back a couple pages to see if others had a similar issue....it turns out....I Need more Skells!!! I guess it would also help if I actually added a fourth character to my squad...but details...

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
You had a dream that the world came to an end?
No, the game was still a game in it.

Ugh...Chapter 10 is becoming the biggest pain in the rear...(and I thought Chapter 9 was a nightmare)...The frikkin difficulty spike between 8 and 9 just flat out blind-sided me...Here I wanted to wait on 10, but it turns out most of my remaining affinity missions required me to at least complete chapter 10...

Went back a couple pages to see if others had a similar issue....it turns out....I Need more Skells!!! I guess it would also help if I actually added a fourth character to my squad...but details...
You're getting towards the end of the game, it should be getting harder. I don't see why you don't have all your characters in Skells at this point/have a fourth character lol. I can tell you that the chapter 10 boss's weak spot are those large spinning disks. Focus your attacks on them. If you do that and all your characters are around level 40, you should be able to beat it eventually.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had to lower the difficulty to beat Chapter 10. As such, it is easier if you have your characters in their Skells. I would recommend the Amdusias Skell model for your character since it has a scythe type weapon that can deal two strikes but that **** is too damn expensive unless you have the moolah for it...and you would have to have a big ass wallet if you want to get it for your other characters as well.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You're getting towards the end of the game, it should be getting harder. I don't see why you don't have all your characters in Skells at this point/have a fourth character lol. I can tell you that the chapter 10 boss's weak spot are those large spinning disks. Focus your attacks on them. If you do that and all your characters are around level 40, you should be able to beat it eventually.
Yeah I already figured out its weakpoints...just need to equip myself properly first...

I actually do have Skells for Elma and Lin (though I'm probably gonna sell my original lvl 20 since I could do better with a stronger Skell)...I haven't actually tried facing the boss yet since I'm in the midst of earning money for another Skell...and I've spent the past few hours of gameplay planting the remaining (under lvl 5 mechanical) prodes through Sylvalum and Cauldros (fracking Cauldros is a pain to navigate)...

Also want to try to get to Blade lvl 10, but that's still gonna take a bit as the exp is only about halfway on lvl 9...

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I have never had any trouble with money in this game. You all setting Research Probes? That's how you rake in the cash. I had over 8 million bucks at one point.

Amdusias is a good Skell, but Verus? I think it's called? is good as well. It has G-Buster, which does a large chunk of damage. You don't have to have the "best" Skells for the AI, just give them any level 30 Skell. They're your support, the best one is what you should be piloting.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have never had any trouble with money in this game. You all setting Research Probes? That's how you rake in the cash. I had over 8 million bucks at one point.

Amdusias is a good Skell, but Verus? I think it's called? is good as well. It has G-Buster, which does a large chunk of damage. You don't have to have the "best" Skells for the AI, just give them any level 30 Skell. They're your support, the best one is what you should be piloting.
Well I do have plenty of newly planted probesites on Sylvalum and Cauldros to play with...

Also found a decent way to make a quick buck is by going to Blade Concourse checking the objectives and simply accepting any gathering missions you already have the required materials for...it can be a quick 100 grand or so depending...I tend to just grab a bunch of random gathering missions though and they usually just complete themselves as I run around...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm confident that I'll be able to finish the story this week, probably tomorrow. I couldn't do it today because I was doing other affinity and request missions...and watching a rerun of NCIS.

I'm also aiming to get every playable characters in the game as well.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Well I do have plenty of newly planted probesites on Sylvalum and Cauldros to play with...

Also found a decent way to make a quick buck is by going to Blade Concourse checking the objectives and simply accepting any gathering missions you already have the required materials for...it can be a quick 100 grand or so depending...I tend to just grab a bunch of random gathering missions though and they usually just complete themselves as I run around...
That's the general rule for gathering missions, lol. You only accept them if you already have the required collectibles. Otherwise, they just clutter up your mission list.

I'm confident that I'll be able to finish the story this week, probably tomorrow. I couldn't do it today because I was doing other affinity and request missions...and watching a rerun of NCIS.

I'm also aiming to get every playable characters in the game as well.
I presume you only have one left at this point? You have to jump through so many hoops to get this person, but it's so worth it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I presume you only have one left at this point? You have to jump through so many hoops to get this person, but it's so worth it.
If by "this person", you mean one of the other playable characters in the characters in the game?

Speaking of others, here are the ones I got besides the main characters.

Celica
Frye
Yelv
Nagi
Murderess
H.B.
Boze

That's pretty much it. Am I missing someone?

EDIT: I still plan to continue playing the game after I finish the story to do the other affinity and side missions. I managed complete the affinity missions that were available at the barracks except for "Fathers and Sons", which I plan to do after my characters hits level 55.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
A man's wife committed suicide over the Man-on's obsession over pizza. Jesus the Ma-non are nuts when it comes to pizza.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
If by "this person", you mean one of the other playable characters in the characters in the game?

Speaking of others, here are the ones I got besides the main characters.

Celica
Frye
Yelv
Nagi
Murderess
H.B.
Boze

That's pretty much it. Am I missing someone?

EDIT: I still plan to continue playing the game after I finish the story to do the other affinity and side missions. I managed complete the affinity missions that were available at the barracks except for "Fathers and Sons", which I plan to do after my characters hits level 55.
Lmao, yes. I was talking about Mia, but you're also missing Phog, Alexa and Hope. Four of the best characters, too. The latter three all require you to accept a basic mission in Mission Control first, so that's why you probably missed them. Mia has a whole, long questline you must do before you can finally unlock her.

A man's wife committed suicide over the Man-on's obsession over pizza. Jesus the Ma-non are nuts when it comes to pizza.
Love the quests in this game, that one in particular. The crazy cult lady is probably my favorite, though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I decided I'm gonna finish the game over the weekend since I find it more appropriate for me than having to finish it during the middle of the work week.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Latest sales data!

US = 200,000 physical copies (as of December)
France = 40,000 physical copies (as of second week)
UK = at least 10,000 physical copies (as of first week)
Japan = 114,000 physical copies + 23,000 digital copies = 137,000 copies (as of December)
Total = 387,000 worldwide

It's likely to be over 400,000 copies due to un-tracked digital sales in western regions.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Progress is slowly being made...mainly because I'm not rushing...

Cleared Chapter 10...and was thinking three Skells were more than enough because four made a bit too easy (especially with an OP weapon)...and now I'm working on a few affinity missions and other sidequests...and why are research probes so goddam hard to find?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
^ Try looting around. They are pretty tough to come by.
Yeah that's what I've been doing....checking all those Mechanical and Archaeological stuff...after finding probably about 50 of them managed to find 1 Research Probe...barely explored Cauldros though so I might bump into a few more over there...Also been looking for Kirsty to see if she has any more FrontierNav missions for me to hopefully get more as mission rewards, but she's got nothing for me for the time being...

In the meantime I'm gathering crap for Mia in Sylvalum...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got a little short story to tell:

Once upon a time, I've beaten "L's Conundrum" affinity mission in less than 30 seconds...or basically, I beat it by doing absolutely nothing.

The End

Top Bottom