• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread

Earth has fallen. Yet mankind endures, taking to the stars and crash-landing on an alien world in a desperate attempt to escape. Now it's up to you to defend the survivors using high-tech weaponry on a mission to rebuild humanity.

Suit up in heavily armed mechs to tame the wilds of Planet Mira and beat back the hostile forces threatening to obliterate the human race. Tailor your character and mech to showcase your individuality and strength. Then equip them with customized weapons to dominate real-time battles. Conquer a huge world and forge new friendships with alien beings. Stand together or fall. Humanity's fate rests, like a sword, in your hand.
Planet Mira

Planet Mira is an alien, rocky planet which is vastly different, yet quite similar to Earth. It is the setting of Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Characters
*I'm only listing the playable characters acquired through the main story along with our Heropon. That being said, everyone should be familiar with the first four characters by now. The remaining main characters are in spoiler tags in case you don't want to see them.

Cross

Elma

Lin

Tatsu

CAUTION: REMAINING PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Irina

Gwin

Doug

Lao

Where can I preorder?
For residents of Australia:
*EB Games [Regular Edition] - [Xenoblade Chronicles X + Wii U]

For residents of Canada:

*Amazon [Special Edition]
*Best Buy [Regular Edition] - [Special Edition] *does NOT ship to Quebec, apparently*

For residents of the United Kingdom:
*Amazon [Regular Edition] - [Limited Edition]

For residents of the United States:
*Amazon [Regular Edition] - [Special Edition]
*Best Buy [Regular Edition] - [Special Edition]
*GameStop [Regular Edition] - [Special Edition]

Pictures

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is the special edition still available to order?

Xenobblade was probably te best game iver ever played (even if KIU is my favorite)

I dont think i like the super sci fi direction. The first had a lot but this seems a bit too much. The characters dont look as interesting either. (They were so good in the first)

Nonetheless i am super hyped. The gameplay looks great. And the world looks amazing. I absolutely cant wait to explore every nook and cranny. Also mechs

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Xenobblade was probably te best game iver ever played (even if KIU is my favorite)

I dont think i like the super sci fi direction. The first had a lot but this seems a bit too much. The characters dont look as interesting either. (They were so good in the first)

Nonetheless i am super hyped. The gameplay looks great. And the world looks amazing. I absolutely cant wait to explore every nook and cranny. Also mechs
I know what you mean. I wasn't a fan of the sci-fi feel at first, but now I can appreciate it because it is a direction that Monolith Soft excels at. It's not even that heavily science fiction-y at all (it's more like a cross of sci-fi and fantasy), it just has a stronger sci-fi feel compared to the first game.

Although I haven't played the game, I think all the characters are interesting to me probably because I've grown quite attached to them. I've heard that Elma and Lin are the most prominent characters story-wise (and Cross to a certain extent), so at least they're interesting to me.

I agree with you about the gameplay and the setting. I am confident that these two things will at least match or surpass the original. :)

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
So stoked for this. Big Xenoblade fan. I preordered the collectors edition months ago. Been avoiding all gameplay elements except for trailers so far. It's almost here!

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
36 DAYS LEFT!

I think I'm going to do a 'Quote of the Day' thing featuring quotes from XC, just to get you all engaged and hyped. Here's one for today:

You mean go on in this heat? I'm sweatier than a Brog's armpit!
Guess who said this and where in the game?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
35 DAYS!

Who said the following quote and where in the game?

You are a fluctuation. As a fluctuation, you exist outside the results of your predictions. The more you accept this existence, the more malleable the world becomes. In fact, you have no choice but to accept it.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Schnee117 Schnee117 - Yep, you are correct!

34 DAYS!

Who said the following quote and where?

It is the light of life, the will to survive no matter what. Perhaps Lady Meyneth was drawn to your light.

Last edited:

justaway12

Smash Master
I am INCREDIBLY hyped for it, I'm a big fan of the Wii Xenoblade, I actually put 300 hours into it even though I could've finished it much sooner,(like around the 100 hour mark) just cause I loved the world so much, I just kept doing quests, raising affinity, all that jazz, though by the end my whole team was 96~98 and it made the final boss anti-climatic which SUCKED, but that's all on me and it was a cool journey anyway and even though I played it on the Wii U when it was avalible on the eShop, def one of my favourite Wii games

This happened at PGW.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/11/0...k-2015/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Don't even know what it was up against but still good nonetheless.
That's great! and yeah, tried googling who they were up against and nothing came up =/

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
It's been awhile, QOTD time!

30 DAYS!

Once we find this Fiora, I will personally whisk him back here in a heartbeat. Don't give up!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's been awhile, QOTD time!

30 DAYS!

Sharla "supporting" Melia's love for Shulk after the incident at Prison Island by promising to bring him back to Alcamoth once Fiora's rescued.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad there is a thread for this game, as it has been my most wanted game of this year. I'll be honest, I haven't tried the first game, as the only time I saw it the price was $40 used. This is the closest so far to what my dream game is like, and I haven't been as excited for any other game this year.

Besides my story non of you most likely care about, I have a question:

What made you excited for this game?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm so glad there is a thread for this game, as it has been my most wanted game of this year. I'll be honest, I haven't tried the first game, as the only time I saw it the price was $40 used. This is the closest so far to what my dream game is like, and I haven't been as excited for any other game this year.

Because it's Xenoblade. With Mechs you can pilot.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yoooo seems like I found my kind of place. Been waiting since January 2013 for this.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

Like the others said - it's a Xenoblade game. I bought a used copy of XC in the summer of last year. As I played the game, I fell in love with it. Around halfway through the game, I searched online to see if there was anymore Xenoblade games. That's the lame story of how I discovered this game.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Thanks for making this thread.

I've played this game to completion already, but I'm exited to see the English translation.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Some people just received the game. Look at dat beautiful disc art... :estatic:

Such lucky b*st*rds.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I want to buy the Special Edition, but idk how preordering works. So Dec4 I have to be at Best Buy and pick up the game?

I loved XC1, so XCX offering you basically your own Face sounds awesome. I'm curious to see how it relates to XC, if it does so at all (Monado pin? Nopon? Telethia?). I've been avoiding spoilers and even a lot of gameplay stuff.

We had better promote this game as much as we can, because if it tanks we all know Nintendo will just say "well, time for more NSMB." Spread the word. Buy a digital and physical copy :troll: Make your friends buy copies even if they don't have a Wii U.

By the by, my Shulk Amiibo arrived today, and I am really feeling it.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Getting closer! Been avoiding all streams and info of the game. Can't wait to pick up my collectors edition next month. Lots of games to play this time of year.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I want to buy the Special Edition, but idk how preordering works. So Dec4 I have to be at Best Buy and pick up the game?

I loved XC1, so XCX offering you basically your own Face sounds awesome. I'm curious to see how it relates to XC, if it does so at all (Monado pin? Nopon? Telethia?). I've been avoiding spoilers and even a lot of gameplay stuff.

We had better promote this game as much as we can, because if it tanks we all know Nintendo will just say "well, time for more NSMB." Spread the word. Buy a digital and physical copy :troll: Make your friends buy copies even if they don't have a Wii U.

By the by, my Shulk Amiibo arrived today, and I am really feeling it.
Depending on where you live, you can go to your local gamestop, best buy, etc. and ask to preorder the special edition. If you do this, you usually go to pick it up before a certain amount of days. I did this option. Or you can go online to those stores and buy it on the website. With this option, they usually ship it to your address. Hope this helps!

Getting closer! Been avoiding all streams and info of the game. Can't wait to pick up my collectors edition next month. Lots of games to play this time of year.
I have avoided spoilers like the plague so far, not even watching the survival guides Nintendo uploaded on youtube.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Depending on where you live, you can go to your local gamestop, best buy, etc. and ask to preorder the special edition. If you do this, you usually go to pick it up before a certain amount of days. I did this option. Or you can go online to those stores and buy it on the website. With this option, they usually ship it to your address. Hope this helps!

I have avoided spoilers like the plague so far, not even watching the survival guides Nintendo uploaded on youtube.
Glad to hear man. I'm very excited for this. Loved Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. Bought the 3DS version but only made it a couple hours in due to the hundreds of hours I put into Wii version, lol.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
GameXplain just released 3 English gameplay videos. Enjoy!

WARNING: The last video has cutscenes, do not watch if you are avoiding story spoilers.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mira looks really damn gorgeous and I haven't even seen much of it yet. Exploration is going to be so amazing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nice to see some decent battle dialogue aside from"HEY! HOLD STILL!"
Elma's voice is purrfect.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Here's yet another video by GameXplain. This one features a boss battle and some cutscenes. Once again, don't watch it if you are trying to avoid story spoilers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Survival Guide 3 is finally here performing for you

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
The bust slider for Cross has been removed for the localization.

The removal doesn't affect me whatsoever. As long as I can play as Elma, I'm good. :b:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The bust slider for Cross has been removed for the localization.

The removal doesn't affect me whatsoever. As long as I can play as Elma, I'm good. :b:
Saint's Row can get away with it but then that's an M rated game and it's ****ing Saint's Row.
I really don't care about the bust slider thing.

Just let me know all the names of the Cross VA's.
and insert a certain song here

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Quite like the voice cast now that I've heard it. Oh and Emmeryn's a voice.
That's why Fall Damage is gone
:troll:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Guess what?!?

20 DAYS LEFT!

Here is the list of confirmed known Voice Actors:

Cross (male):
Daniel Woren
Keith Silverstein
Dobbie Daymond
Benjamin Diskin
Yuri Lowenthal
Adam Howden (voiced Shulk)
Bryce Papenbrook

Cross (female):
Erin Fitzgerald
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Cristina Valenzuela
Kate Higgins
Tara Platt
Carina Reeves (voiced Fiora)
Kira Buckland

Elma:
Caitlin Glass

Lin:
Cassandra Lee Morris

HB:
DC Douglas

I just realized how impressively large the voice cast is. There are still many more unknown voice actors for the remaining characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I plan to buy the game eventually (wanna play the first game first though, so it'd be a while away), and this doesn't change it. I also don't feel it effects me on a personal level much, as I typically model a character after myself in these kind of games, and I'm male

However, I'm still shaking my head at NoA, as they pretty much proved they are gigantic hypocrites, and also kind of force some sort of standard.

It's not just "YOU CAN'T MAKE BIG BEWBS", but I know people who are flat chested and have serious insecurities about that. The bust size we have in the international release is still pretty sizeable, so for people like those I have described, this is potentially offensive to them, as if it's telling them "your chest doesn't meet our standards", and if these women were like me and liked to make a character modeled after themselves, then they can't exactly do that.

This isn't even going into the fact that this game isn't targeted towards kids, yet many Nintendo games, including Smash, do more blatant "fetish pandering"/sexual innuendos than simply having the ability to customise the proportions of the player's in-game representation of themselves, and those games ARE targeted towards kids.

I also kinda think that, by removing it, they have highlighted that it exists in the first place. Nobody would be talking about it if it was kept, as it's standard to have a bust size slider for female avatars in these kind of games (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, etc). But by removing it, they've drawn specific attention to it.

It won't really effect my enjoyment of the game, but the principle of the matter bothers me a lot. It's confusing and throws NoA's credibility out the window, and makes them look like hypocrites.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
...all these "complaints" about the "censorship" on Xenoblade Chronicles X? I refuse to believe we live in a world where people trash a game that they didn't even play yet based on the removal of a silly feature that does not even affect the gameplay.

Maybe I'm still living in a different era where people couldn't care less about how you design your avatar, XCX isn't f***ing Sims. These people need to grow the hell up, there's so much going on in this planet and a bunch of silly folks are bothered with this?!

I blame their parents, NeoGAF and Gamefaqs are filled with this nonsense, as usual. And the bias is real, lots of other companies do that but Nintendo is the only one who's the wrong.

Top Bottom