• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Wario Power Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
i'ddddddddd probably put krys in S tier. or at least top of A. kid's crazy-go-nuts good. though i guess it doesn't matter if order within tiers doesn't matter!
Everyone thinks that the S Tier is fine where it is except for DMG. People want Blue Rogue to be in S and others don't. So we just put him on top of A with Krys right underneath him. I think it looks fine as of right now.

We'll be working on this for at least a couple more days.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Everyone thinks that the S Tier is fine where it is except for DMG. People want Blue Rogue to be in S and others don't. So we just put him on top of A with Krys right underneath him. I think it looks fine as of right now.

Or you drop DmG and add Krys and Blue Rogue and Masky. Is there a reason why there's 5 people in each tier ?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Why do you feel so strongly that masky should be S tier? Has he beaten anybody significant or been placing top 3 at tournaments? I dont understand. I can maybe understand krystedez because he beat larry and that is impressive but blue rogue and masky are fine where they are currently...

Oh just curious, how is Bassem's placing warranted?
Because Im level 7 cool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ally has the best Wario. Not even joking.
No he doesn't

However, he does have a Top 5 Wario when he tries. I've played his Wario before, he's the only person I have faced that actually understood fully what I would do in the ditto, and the hardest challenge I have had yet so far for that matchup. Also watching him use Wario against other people you get to see how good he is.

I got a list for this, people wouldn't accept it probably lol

bassem6

Smash Lord
No he doesn't

However, he does have a Top 5 Wario when he tries. I've played his Wario before, he's the only person I have faced that actually understood fully what I would do in the ditto, and the hardest challenge I have had yet so far for that matchup. Also watching him use Wario against other people you get to see how good he is.

I got a list for this, people wouldn't accept it probably lol
If anybody has any list, please pm it to me or any of the other panelists and we can take it into consideration.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why do you feel so strongly that masky should be S tier? Has he beaten anybody significant or been placing top 3 at tournaments? I dont understand. I can maybe understand krystedez because he beat larry and that is impressive but blue rogue and masky are fine where they are currently...

Because Im level 7 cool.
If it's tourney placings then Blue Rogues places higher than most Warios I think the only Wario who places better than him is Hunger. I'm not sure who Masky has beaten or how high he places. But I've watched his Wario and it's really good. I also think the show he put on at MLG was impressive doing it all in losers. Also I'm not puttin kystedez in S tier because he beat larry. He also places extremely high at the tournies he enters. It's just I rank MW warios like this Hunger>Blue Rogue>Krsyt.

I think the MW wario's make a lot of noise in their region and put together amazing results that shouldn't be over looked. I've seen results from all three and they general place top 3. The few times they don't they either get paired up together or the tournies are stacked. All three of them play differently also.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
i'ddddddddd probably put krys in S tier. or at least top of A. kid's crazy-go-nuts good. though i guess it doesn't matter if order within tiers doesn't matter!
Thanks coney. I gotta get rid of the curse though and start winning tournaments. It might actually mean more to people that I "make dat money" than just "oh he's really good"

Which is funny because I don't go to tourneys for the money...

except when the money lets me go to more tourneys! :laugh:

bassem6

Smash Lord
If it's tourney placings then Blue Rogues places higher than most Warios I think the only Wario who places better than him is Hunger. I'm not sure who Masky has beaten or how high he places. But I've watched his Wario and it's really good. I also think the show he put on at MLG was impressive doing it all in losers. Also I'm not puttin kystedez in S tier because he beat larry. He also places extremely high at the tournies he enters. It's just I rank MW warios like this Hunger>Blue Rogue>Krsyt.

I think the MW wario's make a lot of noise in their region and put together amazing results that shouldn't be over looked. I've seen results from all three and they general place top 3. The few times they don't they either get paired up together or the tournies are stacked. All three of them play differently also.
Where are you getting your information from? How do you know how hunger and blue rogue place? Both of them have barely any results in the wario tourny results thread. And what videos of masky's wario are there? He only has like 5 posted in the video thread and those are months old. Although I was just watching the one against redhalberds mk and he was doing pretty good. I'll have to finish watching it after class.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Where are you getting your information from? How do you know how hunger and blue rogue place? Both of them have barely any results in the wario tourny results thread. And what videos of masky's wario are there? He only has like 5 posted in the video thread and those are months old. Although I was just watching the one against redhalberds mk and he was doing pretty good. I'll have to finish watching it after class.
I read just about every tourney results thread when I get the chance. Then there's also this thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What exactly is this based on? Who can run the timer the longest?

Shift

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is this based on? Who can run the timer the longest?
Yes.
We're doing this as a motivational thing for Wario mains to get better and compete more in tournaments. We're a rare breed now-a-days as mains (not secondaries). We'll be doing this soon as an official PR once we find out how we want our PR to be as it finishes. The PR you see in the 1st page is simply a prototype. It is bound to change and soon we'll be doing this based off tournament results.

As of right now, it's nothing too serious. Just Wario Politics on who should go where and why, before we seriously begin this entire thing. It will also give Wario novices a chance to look at the players in the PR, so they can ask questions in the Q&A Thread or PM us.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Alright... I did a lot of work over this since I seem to be the only one making an effort to see this thing to it's glory. Just bare with me:

Since SnackAttack came up with the idea for the PR, so he nominated Panelist to deal with it:

- SnackAttack
- Bassem
- Shift
- Zigsta

We are also looking for a peron to fill in the position of expert photoshopper! We want our PR list to look amazing, so if you know a person who is great with photoshop or you yourself is an expert, let us know!

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

This Power Ranking is made as a motivational goal for Wario players. This is created for the simple task to encourage Wario players to do their best when they go to a tournament, in and out of their regions! I believe with this PR list, it’ll give us fellow Wario players, both novices and veterans alike, something to aim for while getting better at Brawl. Novices are encouraged to ask any Wario main in the PR/HM (Honorable Mentions) for tips on Wario!

This PR list will only be made up of players who use Wario as their “Main”. This means you consider yourself a Wario player and you enter tournaments as a Wario player. We’re only going to be doing Top 5 for each tier! Just because you’re placed in a different tier than the one you believe you should be in, does not mean that you are in any means “worse” than the ones who are above you. We will be doing this PR by how well you do in tournaments (normal/big tournaments in and out of your region, and nationals). Your results should be posted within the Wario Tournament Results Thread, so it is your responsibility to do so! With your tournament results, please post the tournament thread that you’ve placed in and include any video of your matches if you have any.

You will either rise or drop in the PR depending on the attendance and results of tournaments! The final system we will be using for the PR is still in process! Once everything is finalized, we will begin our first Wario PR season with MLG D.C. and other tournaments in and out of your regions! Once the season is over, the season results will be final!

Remember that this PR is “NOT FINALIZED!”

“S” Tier
1. Hunger
2. Bassem
3. Malcolm
4. Fiction
5. DMG

“A” Tier
1. Blue Rogue
2. Krystedez
3. Futile
4. Masky
5. Sky`

“B” Tier
1. JNig
2. Waymas
3. SlikVik
4. Tedeth
5. Fox16

“C” Tier
1. Dynomite
2. Snap
3. Pwneroni
4. Pado
5. Asa

These honorable mentions are for those who haven’t been placed in a spot for the PR. The PR will be constantly changing and the current honorable mentions will be in the PR as time goes on. Current names in the PR will rise and some will drop. But do not be discouraged, the change of PR placements and HMs will be constant until the end of the season!

Honorable Mentions

- Gluttony
- Lord Chair
- Waft-oli
- BMX
- AlmostLegendary
- SnackAttack
- Shift
- TooBusyToCare
- Zigsta
- PieDisliker

Notes:

- Gluttony is by far one of the best Wario mains in the world. He places 1st in a lot of tournaments out there in the EU! He is given an honorable mention because he is not apart of the SWF. If he were, he would easily be in the “’S’ Tier”.

- Lord Chair is another good Wario player from the EU! He has asked to not be placed in the PR so he will have himself a nice comfortable seat in the HM section!
i think my wario is pretty close to sky's....
if i actually still played wario id probably be about where he is,

also pwneroni above Fox16 for sure
and komodo joe right below them both

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would disagree heavily with this list if it wasn't SWF/Pure Wario Main restricted and order within tiers didn't matter.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I would disagree heavily with this list if it wasn't SWF/Pure Wario Main restricted and order within tiers didn't matter.
Give it time DMG, give it time. It'll get better and better within the next couple of days. We're all talking about it, sorting things out, and once everything looks acceptable to everyone, it'll be set in stone.

We were originally planning on not making it SWF/Pure Wario Main restricted, but it caused too much tension within the last couple of pages. We thought if we made it pure Wario players, it'd make it easier for the panelist as well as the players alike. It's SWF because it'll make it easier for people to keep track of tournament threads with results in and out of their regions. Those who do not main Wario anymore or use Wario as a secondary are placed in the Honorary Mentions for their ability to play Wario incredibly well with good results.

Note: We do plan on increasing the numbers per tier! That's in the works right now.

Wario mains are way too hung up on who's better. It's not in any order yet.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Give it time DMG, give it time. It'll get better and better within the next couple of days. We're all talking about it, sorting things out, and once everything looks acceptable to everyone, it'll be set in stone.

We were originally planning on not making it SWF/Pure Wario Main restricted, but it caused too much tension within the last couple of pages. We thought if we made it pure Wario players, it'd make it easier for the panelist as well as the players alike. It's SWF because it'll make it easier for people to keep track of tournament threads with results in and out of their regions. Those who do not main Wario anymore or use Wario as a secondary are placed in the Honorary Mentions for their ability to play Wario incredibly well with good results.

Note: We do plan on increasing the numbers per tier! That's in the works right now.

Wario mains are way too hung up on who's better. It's not in any order yet.
There's nothing wrong with a little rivalry ya know? It pushes you and makes you want to get better. So of course someone is going to feel a certain type of way when another person is put above them etc etc etc.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with a little rivalry ya know? It pushes you and makes you want to get better. So of course someone is going to feel a certain type of way when another person is put above them etc etc etc.
This is true, rivalry is fine, but not when it turns into spite. People are looking at these placements and going: "What the hell? I'm better than this guy." They don't try to read the actual post that these placements are not permanent and that the PR itself is a prototype, ya know? We just need everything to be clear about that.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
My dream is-

I stopped reading after this :/

honestly you shouldn't strive to be apart of a list, rather, you should strive to be more than a statistic, and better yourself on your own without the approval of others.

If you're the best in your location, then consider that you've followed the path already. Just be out there in the numbers and results if you want to be listed.

btw, @Shift, after re-reading your posts and bassem's post to mine, now it makes sense, but still:

People want Blue Rogue to be in S and others don't. So we just put him on top of A with Krys right underneath him. I think it looks fine as of right now.

This sort of post kind of contradicts what the meaning of that is really. If you put me right underneath BR, then that must mean you think I'd belong to S with BR maybe... and are sort of ranking by who's better than who... *raises eyebrows seductively*

But really I know what you're trying to accomplish and I can take that as it's supposed to be taken: a list, not a "real" ranking... All warios on this list should know that now. I won't complain :) But the only reason people say stuff is because players are ordered in the tiers themselves for the specific reason of ranking. They just jump the gun, without knowing full well that despite the professionalist look of the thread, it's NOT complete.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
btw, @Shift, after re-reading your posts and bassem's post to mine, now it makes sense, but still:

This sort of post kind of contradicts what the meaning of that is really. If you put me right underneath BR, then that must mean you think I'd belong to S with BR maybe... and are sort of ranking by who's better than who... *raises eyebrows seductively*

But really I know what you're trying to accomplish and I can take that as it's supposed to be taken: a list, not a "real" ranking... All warios on this list should know that now. I won't complain :) But the only reason people say stuff is because players are ordered in the tiers themselves for the specific reason of ranking. They just jump the gun, without knowing full well that despite the professionalist look of the thread, it's NOT complete.
It's really hard to say if it's ranked "Who's Better Than Who" & "Random Placements". It could be a mixture of both, but people are worried about the placements they see right now with the Prototype. Because of the Top 5 in each tier, it looks like it's leaning towards the "Who's Better Than Who." We're planning on increasing those numbers in the tiers to take that mentality out. We'll be doing random placements with the new one with increased numbers respectively. The Top 5 may be increased to Top 10 or something of that nature.

We just want it to be a list that'll motivate players to go to more tournaments. When I see other PRs like the MD/VA or NJ list, I don't see them competing as "Who is the Better Player." Rather, it's a group of friends with great skill who challenge each other to do better. And that's who we are~ We're Waribros!

Sure, there will be "I'M DA BESS MAYN, I DEED IT!" at the end of each season, with players thinking they're better than others, but it's in all good fun.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yeah if anything I should be in honorable mention, not like Atomsk's list included people who only went Wario at tournaments, I've done it till I lost to Fatal in wfs, so I ALMOST went full Wario. other than that none of us used Wario full time, I might use him this weekend at Keitaro 3 to cover some of my hated MUs.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah if anything I should be in honorable mention, not like Atomsk's list included people who only went Wario at tournaments, I've done it till I lost to Fatal in wfs, so I ALMOST went full Wario. other than that none of us used Wario full time, I might use him this weekend at Keitaro 3 to cover some of my hated MUs.
ally use wario to take down biglou at seige ill give you a hug!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Even though I quit this game and these boards, pretty much, I return from the grave to state the fact that I still object to character power rankings :)

*back to doctor-y stuff*

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Even though I quit this game and these boards, pretty much, I return from the grave to state the fact that I still object to character power rankings :)

*back to doctor-y stuff*
I think it'll be good for the Wario Community! I also think the reason why most character PRs fail is because there is little to no work put into them. We're literally taking our time with the work which also includes considering the opinions of others. Sure, there is bickering and politics among us, but that is what's expected.

Anyways, congratulations on your Doctory stuff! I wish you the best. :bee:

And @ Ally: We did place you as an Honorable Mention for being a very good Wario player. You're on there already~.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

*back to doctor-y stuff*
Oh SH**

EVERYONE QUICK, HIDE THE DIAMONDS!

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
This the most active Ive ever seen the Wario boards.

Drama gone revive these boards. Lets keep it goin guys.

2b2c play all Wario @ DC plz.
naw, im gonna have my **** climbers ready by then (ive been working on a ton of stuff)

but as per normal at large tourneys, I will end up using a lot of wario haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom