• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
C'mon now. No chance EVER? No he shouldn't get in now. He hasn't done anything worth taking notice of, but he may deserve the spot if he ever gets a serious role in a serious Mario or Wario game.
Well I'm personally pulling for Waluigi, but his chances are low. But if you ask me, if he's not in Brawl, he'll definitely be in the 4th installment. Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. Smackdown!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah he would probably make it to the next one (Though Sakauri wouldn't be the one to put him in >_>).
Maybe then he will apear in an ACTUAL non-Spinoff game. Like a maybe another New Super Mario Bros. :p. But for Brawl... I call shenanigans.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah he would probably make it to the next one (Though Sakauri wouldn't be the one to put him in >_>).
Maybe then he will apear in an ACTUAL non-Spinoff game. Like a maybe another New Super Mario Bros. :p. But for Brawl... I call shenanigans.
waluigi is now officialy a plot hole. he came in when wario was still a plumber, so he is part of wario. but guess what? wario moved onto wario ware without waluigi, so what happens to waluigi? he cant go to the mario series, he needs wario. he cant go to wario ware, he was part of plumber wario. waluigi has nowhere to go but the party games.I think he got replaced by jimmy T. in wario ware, their body shape and noses are similar.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah but Jimmy T is not in any mario spinoffs.... yet anyway...

Waluigi for AT
I didnt say he was, I was saying that due to jimmy T. being so similar to waluigi looks wise, he may have replaced waluigi in the transition to wario ware. waluigi is trapped in the spin off games, its that simple. its were he started, and its were he will stay, period. and dont say brawl is one of thosespin offs, its a special exception.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I didnt say he was, I was saying that due to jimmy T. being so similar to waluigi looks wise, he may have replaced waluigi in the transition to wario ware.
I can agree there. When I first saw a WarioWare game and knew nothing about it, I thought Jimmy T. WAS Waluigi. I was 7 years old. I'm NOT stupid.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well I'm personally pulling for Waluigi, but his chances are low. But if you ask me, if he's not in Brawl, he'll definitely be in the 4th installment. Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. Smackdown![/QUOTE]

Haha Super Smash Bros. Smackdown. Funny title. I always pitured the 4th Smash(If there is going to be one) being called Super Smash Bros. Showdown or soething of that nature. But anyway yeah if Waluigi is not in Brawl he will definatly be PC in Showdown(Haha).:laugh:

Countdown: 18 minutes until the biggest dissapoitment in DOJO UPDATE HISTORY

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not for Waluigi...but some character development is definetly needed for him...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ya I'm suprised that havn't even added him in a Wario Land game yet. They should though.

RDK

Smash Hero
Jesus Christ. STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD.

Mods, just close this thread and be done with it. I beg of you.

S2

Smash Lord
Waluigi is an ill-conceived character. We already have too many characters from the Mario universe. If they're going to add more (and I would bet there will be at least one new Mario characters,) it should be the good ones.
Waluigi is anything but ill-conceived.

Wario and Luigi (in Japanese) both have names that are puns. Luigi is that of Ruigi (remember L & R translate the same from Japanese) which implies a clone of something (ie Mario). Wario is a pun on the "waru" prefix, which implies evil. So Wario is literally a pun for evil mario.

Waluigi essentially is both of the puns out together (in both name and how he looks). He's the Waru pun and the Ruigi pun put together.

If Camelot just wanted more filler characters, they'd have stuck someone like Plum into their games beyond the original Mario Golf. Waluigi was a very clever and funny idea, but due to cultural differences not every English speaker gets the joke.

The reason he's got a big following is because he appears in all of the kart/party/golf/tennis/strikers/etc games. Mario spinnoff titles sell more than any other Nintendo products (except maybe Pokemon). And in those party games he is massively popular to boot.

Its about time he makes a Warioware cameo. Seriously, work this guy into the Canon. He's a joke, he should be used as such.

SonicMouse

Smash Rookie
Every 3rd party is better then our stupid waluigi who is just a copy of Wario and Luigi for being playable in Mario partys and Mario sports. He's no nintendo allstar.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Waluigi being playable in Brawl would be unfair to all those characters of Nintendo who have played either minor or major roles. I like Waluigi, but it's pretty unfair to put him in Brawl all he is is decently popular he's not really important, and even Daisy would be a 100 times better because she has at least played significanse to some sort of canon plot.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
that Japanese fan-art link has him there. I also hear people in general like him, but it's not like that makes him deserving anyway.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
that place where they have their roster, let me find the link.

It has Micaiah, Krystal, Sable, Dixie, Black Knight and a lot of fan arts that look like they are confirmed.

Here you go

SonicMouse

Smash Rookie
Every 3rd party is better then our stupid waluigi who is just a copy of Wario and Luigi for being playable in Mario partys and Mario sports. He's no nintendo allstar.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but..."

LOL.

This wins. I knew it would happen. It was inevitable, it was only WHEN it would happen.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom