• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Waluigi is for sure in this game, he will definately be an unlockable. Just like how Luigi is hidden, so should his rival.

You never know maybe this time luigi will be a starter, I mean I don't see why not. He's a veteran and seeing how this is the 3rd smash he should be a starter. The only way I can see him being unlockable again is if they change his move set, then he'd be kinda like a brand new character.

To stay more on topic would Waluigi have a move set anywhere close to luigi's or Wario's?
Or my real question is has anyone made a good move set for Waluigi?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
To stay more on topic would Waluigi have a move set anywhere close to luigi's or Wario's?
Or my real question is has anyone made a good move set for Waluigi?
Not really. Besides Bombs, we have really no clue what Waluigi does. But, that leaves more open possibilities for Sakurai.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not really. Besides Bombs, we have really no clue what Waluigi does. But, that leaves more open possibilities for Sakurai.
Hmmm as much as I support Walugi is Brawl and Iam a huge fan of Wario since his mario land debut. I never seen Walugi use bombs in any game I played. Which game does he do that? I guess that's kind of a good thing that we don't know what attacks he will have because then they could really give him a unique move set hopefully.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well the Wario bros should be together like the Mario bros, also he would probably use a chain chomp, shock stickers from the Mario party games, however i have a feeling he will be an AT

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well the Wario bros should be together like the Mario bros, also he would probably use a chain chomp, shock stickers from the Mario party games, however i have a feeling he will be an AT
The funny thing is that Waluigi has never been confirmed to have any relation to Wario.

Actually i think that Waluigi was the final boss in the Gamecube title Wario World or Wario Land.
What the **** are you talking about? The only non-Sports game that Waluigi was in was the Mario party series and the Mario dance dance Mega mix.

So sad... you actually think he has something to do with Wario, let alone an important role in a real game.

If Waluigi was to get in, many underdog threads would sky rocket in support. (Daisy, Ashley, etc..)
They are not underdog characters. They are rubbish characters that don't actually deserve to get in the game.

And underdog could be someone like BK who is a good character and deserves to get in but because of Michaiah and limited sports his chances are not good.Thats an underdog character not the ones you are listing.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Wario World on the Gamecube has a review saying Waluigi may have been the final Boss, i can't find that review but i know i saw it somewhere. Also who is BK?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wario World on the Gamecube has a review saying Waluigi may have been the final Boss, i can't find that review but i know i saw it somewhere. Also who is BK?
Wario World's final boss was actually an evil Black Jewel that has absolutely nothing to do with Waluigi.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
ok, fair enough but i do remember seeing it somewhere in a review, i actually in was in the Nintendo magazine from before wario world was released.

ok, fair enough but i do remember seeing it somewhere in a review, i actually in was in the Nintendo magazine from before wario world was released.
So you are basing that off of speculation from a magazine that didn't even have the game that came out several years ago?

BK = Black Knight. Case in point: Waluigi IS NOT an underdog character, just because they dont have a chance at all doesn't make them underdog.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The above post WINS

also if u 3 guys make a waluigi club, I got the perfect name!:

Bombs or something squad

the motto: throwing bombs or something at a copy of a copy of a copy speed!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Y'know, you Waluigi-fans should make a club, and make a SmashWiki of it. Just saying. But, I'm not at all interested in joining.
You do know they don't allow that anymore, Only userpages can use them now. So if you're gonna do that, the founder has to put it on his own userpage. (I had to do the same with the S.S.S., The geno alliance & the A.S.H.L.E.Y. ones were deleted along with the S.S.S. one. But luckily I saved it)

Waluigi FTL

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Waluigi was to get in, many underdog threads would sky rocket in support. (Daisy, Ashley, etc..)

Yeah that's true, I can't understand why there's a Daisy thread when Peach's color alt is Daisy. But I'll say Waluigi is an underdog I do kinda favor out of him and ashley.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So you are basing that off of speculation from a magazine that didn't even have the game that came out several years ago?

BK = Black Knight. Case in point: Waluigi IS NOT an underdog character, just because they dont have a chance at all doesn't make them underdog.
Waluigi isn't an underdog in terms of the Mario Spinoff series. But he is an underdog for the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Smash Bros series.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Waluigi isn't an underdog in terms of the Mario Spinoff series. But he is an underdog for the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Smash Bros series.
Yeah I agree with that but say if he actually got into Brawl then you better bet your *** he's finally going to be in a Wario game atleast he should. If he's in Brawl then hopefully his popularity will go up. You know what would be a good game for the Wii. Does anybody remember Wario World for GC. It was a fun but very very short beat em up game. But anyways they should do a sequel to that and make it a 2 player beat up with Wario and Waluigi. Of course make it more challenging and make the game longer. But that's if Waluigi gets the popularity he deserves.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Waluigi is an underdog in terms of the Mario Spinoff series. But he isn't even close to an underdog for the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Smash Bros series.
fixed it for ya, for him to be an under dog in a main stream series, he would have to have been in a main stream series. and no the danceing game DOESNT count.

Waluigi is a filler character in the Mario spinoff series and is a character who has no relation to the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super smash bros series.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
fixed it for ya, for him to be an under dog in a main stream series, he would have to have been in a main stream series. and no the danceing game DOESNT count.
Waluigi is a filler character in the Mario spinoff series and is a character who has no relation to the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super smash bros series.
What I meant to say, actually was that he is an underdog in terms of actually making it into the Super Mario/Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Smash Bros series.

The type of "underdog" I had referred to for my first and second sentence had two different meanings. I should have pointed that out better. And you can't say he has NO chance, yes his chances are abysmal, and it would be just horrendous if he actually did make the cut, but he does have that tiny-eensy-weensy-microscopic-almost impenetrable window of hope to make it in Brawl and you can't just rule it out because you hate the idea. I hate the idea too, and I would loathe every second of Waluigi in Brawl, but that doesn't mean he can't make it, it just means he doesn't deserve it yet.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you seem to have the term "under dog" mistaken X-x-Dyce-x-X, it is used for characters people are rooting for but they dont expect them to win but there IS A NOTICABLE CHANCE OF THEM WINNING ALSO. characters like Isaac, Ray01, and the such are under dogs. they are from smaller series but they also have a chance of getting in. now waluigi, in order to get in, would have to out manuver and prioritize bowser jr. and geno. now we all know he would never be more important than these two. also he was never in a main stream title, and even in the titles he was in he was mearly a filler. now for him to be a under dog, he would AT LEAST have to be more important within the next month in order to get in. hejust doesnt have anything going for him that I can see at all. this does not make him a under dog, this makes much less than that.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Waluigi sucks. he has no purpose in any game. enough said
How does WaLuigi suck? In all the spinoff games he's good. I think Waluigi does have a shot, it might be low..very low, but he still has a shot. The only way we'll know is if the dojo says something about him or until Feb. 10, 2008.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Doesn't deserve it yet, doesn't deserve it ever!

And a lot of people think that underdog characters are just ones that don't have much of a chance. That is not true.
C'mon now. No chance EVER? No he shouldn't get in now. He hasn't done anything worth taking notice of, but he may deserve the spot if he ever gets a serious role in a serious Mario or Wario game.

And yes, actually, that's exactly what underdog characters are.

you seem to have the term "under dog" mistaken X-x-Dyce-x-X, it is used for characters people are rooting for but they dont expect them to win but there IS A NOTICABLE CHANCE OF THEM WINNING ALSO. characters like Isaac, Ray01, and the such are under dogs. they are from smaller series but they also have a chance of getting in. now waluigi, in order to get in, would have to out manuver and prioritize bowser jr. and geno. now we all know he would never be more important than these two. also he was never in a main stream title, and even in the titles he was in he was mearly a filler. now for him to be a under dog, he would AT LEAST have to be more important within the next month in order to get in. hejust doesnt have anything going for him that I can see at all. this does not make him a under dog, this makes much less than that.
Underdog - {un - der - dog} (n) - a person who is expected to lose in a contest or conflict.

Well if getting into Brawl is a "contest", and Waluigi is expected to lose, then I'd say he fits the term quite nicely. There doesn't need to be some sort of bare minimum to be considered an underdog, you just need to be part of a contest or conflict and your chances need to be terrible, if not the worst.

WALUIGI HAS A CHANCE TO BE IN BRAWL, HIS CHANCES ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL, SO HE'S AN UNDERDOG.
Waluigi is a Nintendo character. He's popular enough to keep appearing as filler in the Mario spinoff games, so it's not like he's a dead character. This is completely different than, say, Goku or Naruto or Master Chief who have absolutely NO chance at all of making the cut because they can't even be considered part of the "competition" of Brawl, due to the fact that their dispositions go against the requirements set by Sakurai. These are the people who can't be considered underdogs at all.

And by the way, Isaac and Ray01 have good chances. I wouldn't consider them underdogs at all. They're 2nd party (as far as I know), they both appeared on Sakurai's list, and Ray01 has already been referenced in Melee as a trophy.

I love you to death error_alt_delete, but I believe YOU'RE the one who's mistaken here.

Look, it is possible for Waluigi to get in this game, but he won't. I don't see what the goddam problem is here. I'm agreeing with you people.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Waluigi seems possible as a member of the Subspace Army. I can actually picture it.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is too overrated and too unoriginal, I can understand why the overrated Geno can get in but Waluigi? He's nothing but popular and zero significanse, if he were to represent spin offs Toad would be better since he's a bigger icon and has been around longer. All the Mario characters are better choices than him even Toadette, Birdo, Daisy, etc. because they at least some kind of importance, Waluigi is just the only filler in Mario Spin offs, along with Diddy Kong.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Waluigi is too overrated and too unoriginal, I can understand why the overrated Geno can get in but Waluigi? He's nothing but popular and zero significanse, if he were to represent spin offs Toad would be better since he's a bigger icon and has been around longer. All the Mario characters are better choices than him even Toadette, Birdo, Daisy, etc. because they at least some kind of importance, Waluigi is just the only filler in Mario Spin offs, along with Diddy Kong.
Yea, I doubt Toad would ever rep Mario Spinoffs, but good points though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom