• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all fine having an opinion but having nothing to back it up is just stupid.

Its your opinion that Waluigi deserves to be in Brawl but based off of facts and Waluigi's roles in the game it is clear that he isn't.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Stryks, they've made it clear they want to stop the arguing, but if you're going to keep trying I'll have to start handing out warnings.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
idk, but I like this thread. And NOT for the crazy flame wars (believe me, I've been in much worse). Waluigi is deserving for a spot in brawl, if you ask me.
He was never in any Mario game. He was a gimmick created in MARIO SPORTS AND PARTY GAMES! Hell, even Super Mario 64 DS didn't have him. THey had 3 out of the 4, probably because WALUIGI ISN'T OF ANY IMPORTANCE TO MARIO'S SERIES!! He's not even in WarioWare, and he's been acknowledged as Wario's accomplice.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'd like Waluigi in Brawl (playable). I know he isn't important for many people, and it's like that for me too, but still, I do like him.

I loved how he appeared in Mario Tennis on the N64. He was so evil and cool and that's why I like him in. It'd be great to have the 4 Mario characters Brawling it out (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi). ^^

True Fool

Smash Ace
If Waluigi gives the Mario roster like 7 characters, where every other franchise has about 2-4, then I would be dissapointed. But if the Mario franchise could use Waluigi and only be at the very most, one character above average, I wouldn't be bothered if he was included.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Maybe to you, but to others he does deserve to be in the game for some reason. Sure if Wario was the one from Mario, he'd have a slight chance, but atm I just don't see him making it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Maybe to you, but to others he does deserve to be in the game for some reason. Sure if Wario was the one from Mario, he'd have a slight chance, but atm I just don't see him making it.
Yes, but compar ehim to other character who are far MORE popular and he's one of the least liked of the bunch... he wasnt even on th epoll that SHOWS how much hes unpopular, even in japan were they love wacky characters!

RDK

Smash Hero
is it like the new all ur basses are belong to us?
U HAEV WALURIGI ENUFF.

Waluigi is a copy of a copy. At least Wario has some sort of personality / character to him. Waluigi hasn't had his own games, and he hasn't appeared in any mainstream Mario games, besides the sports and party spinoffs.

Seriously. Why is this thread still alive?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
calling it now, Waluigi will NOT be in the game. HE IS A COPY, a filler for more options for characters to choose from IN PARTY AND SPORTS GAMES. so go support a character that has a higher chance of being in it, like bomberman.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
calling it now, Waluigi will NOT be in the game. HE IS A COPY, a filler for more options for characters to choose from IN PARTY AND SPORTS GAMES. so go support a character that has a higher chance of being in it, like bomberman.
Why?

...that is to say, why Bomberman specifically? This doesn't have anything to do with the whole "Waluigi bomb" thing, does it?

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Waluigi is an executive character, so I highly doubt he is going to make it. As much as I would like to see it happen, odds are that they are going to expand on the Wario Ware characters rather than executive Mario characters. (ex: Waluigi, Toadette, Bowser Jr.)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Waluigi's move set

a = hit dice block
b = drive kart
v smash = DDR break dance

and thats all because he only has 3 moves, he doesnt even have a shield to allow others to abuse him.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
i wouldnt mind walulgi in brawl, it would a b nice twist of where lulgi will b. because lulgi hasnt been shown yet so maybe walulgi will b somelike that. mario is shown and wario. maybe a hidden thing

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
i wouldnt mind walulgi in brawl, it would a b nice twist of where lulgi will b. because lulgi hasnt been shown yet so maybe walulgi will b somelike that. mario is shown and wario. maybe a hidden thing
You wouldn't mind a mistake taking up a spot on Mario's roster over someone actually worthy? Luigi gets a Purple and Black costume, and that's all there is to it.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I sent an email to Nintendo :D I was curious XD

Hello Nintendo, I just have a simple question that I know most people have been wondering about. It's not a game idea, but just a question.

Will the character Waluigi ever appear in his own, non-filler game and/or appear in a adventure game along side Wario? Waluigi has gained popularity and has become very unique over the years but he's only been appearing in filler games such as Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and various other Mario sport games.

I'm just wondering if he will ever appear in his own game like Luigi has (Luigi's Manison) or he will appear along side his brother Wario in a Wario Bros themed game? And if not, then why won't he?

Thank you.
Their reply:

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see from us in the future. While there hasn't been an announcement concerning Waluigi appearing in his own game, you never know what the future holds! As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most imaginative products.
It didnt tell me anything tho XD Although...

"you never know what the future holds"

=O!!! It's a Waluigi Confirmation for Brawl!!!! :D

Jk XD

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
WAluigi doesn't deserve a spot at all many other Mario characters would be better. I wouldn't mind if he was included in any way but Geno and Bowser Jr. would be much more interesting

SonicMario

Smash Master
I believe Waluigi could get alot of moves from the spin-offs. But he still shouldn't make it.

Waluigi for AT, Just a sticker may be a little too Harsh

D

Deleted member

Well, as much as I don't want Waluigi in, I think he should be an AT. The fact is that, well, c'mon, how can we all forget about Waluigi?

But seriously. If people think that Waluigi should be in because Wario is than you've forgotten the WarioWare series pretty much.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I want to laugh wehrn he is in, cause we would have proven peeps wrong.

spinoffs are still games, and story are not needed, what was G&W's story, besides being on the first handheld.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
It didnt tell me anything tho XD Although...

"you never know what the future holds"

=O!!! It's a Waluigi Confirmation for Brawl!!!! :D

Jk XD
Well, it wasn't very informative, but that one quote screams "Waluigi is getting a really big role in a non-spinoff game soon." It may not be brawl, but it's something.

I want to laugh wehrn he is in, cause we would have proven peeps wrong.

spinoffs are still games, and story are not needed, what was G&W's story, besides being on the first handheld.
Spin offs are not games with no story. They are games which are not the main games... I mean the first Pac man never had a story but it is still one of the main games.

Spin offs are games that are not really related to the main one in anyway.... they are just the characters doing whatever.

Case in point: Don't try and make it out as if Waluigi is in a main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom