• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
If Waluigi were to make it into Brawl, his taunt most definitely has to be the suck it sign he uses when he scores a goal in Mario Strikers. It suits him so well.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
He's a fine character to have in Mario sport games as Wario's partner and whatnot, but I really don't want to see him for brawl. Not starring in a game, and not even coming close to, would probably give him a moveset involving things like swimming to hit someone...
Err, if you're wondering, that's what he does in Mario Power Tennis, he swims on the tennis court.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
nope, his taunt has to be the rose taunt from mario party 8. its so **** random, its the only reason i pick him in that game.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
There are plenty of other Mario characters that are far more interesting (and aesthetically pleasing) than him. Fawful, for example, is a character I'd want to see get in before Waluigi. Wario has at least been given a distinguishable persona (through Warioware, and now in Smash). Waluigi is still just an evil-looking version of Luigi.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Hahaha! Truer words were never spoken! Like honestly though, with that rose pose and suck-it taunt and swimming thing... it just seems like there's no real outline for him. They're just putting whatever than can into the mold to make it stupidfunny. Personally, everytime I see some new wierd thing Waluigi does, it reminds of when I was a kid and me and my friends made ourselves pretend superheroes. There was always the one kid who nevered played the game fairly and his superhero has every power ever and always won. That's what Waluigi sounds like to me; Whatever's remotely interesting they make him do even if it's not tied to his personality because it's pretend and isn't real and they just can. Waluigi has no soul, and therefore he doesn't belong in Brawl. Maybe another Smash down the line, but not this one.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^^^
Hahaha! Truer words were never spoken! Like honestly though, with that rose pose and suck-it taunt and swimming thing... it just seems like there's no real outline for him. They're just putting whatever than can into the mold to make it stupidfunny. Personally, everytime I see some new wierd thing Waluigi does, it reminds of when I was a kid and me and my friends made ourselves pretend superheroes. There was always the one kid who nevered played the game fairly and his superhero has every power ever and always won. That's what Waluigi sounds like to me; Whatever's remotely interesting they make him do even if it's not tied to his personality because it's pretend and isn't real and they just can. Waluigi has no soul, and therefore he doesn't belong in Brawl. Maybe another Smash down the line, but not this one.
WOW. theres so many things wrong with this post, but I think the red highlights the most ridiculous statement in that post.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Believe what you want, I'm speaking my mind and I'm not going to argue. I've said it before and I'll say it again: "No Waluigi for Brawl. Not just yet at least. Give him a major role in a canon game, give him a purpose, and give him something new and interesting in his personality we havn't seen in a Super Mario character yet and I'll accept him as a Smasher."

Aaaaaaand... I'm done for now. I'll come back when something interesting comes up.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
^^^^
You know, the rose and suck-it taunt kind of do tell us about his personality. He's cocky, selfish and rude. What do we know about Mario? He never does anything interesting and rarely talks.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
You know, the rose and suck-it taunt kind of do tell us about his personality. He's cocky, selfish and rude. What do we know about Mario? He never does anything interesting and rarely talks.
Agreed. What other Nintendo character is cocky selfish and rude like Waluigi. Waluigi would tell everyone here to suck it and suck it hard. Thats why he should be in Brawl. Pfft mascot lol

El HP

Smash Ace
It seems people never read post he meant about personality not roles and mario is nintendo's wh*re that is what you mean when you say mascot.

What is that rose stuff you are talking about red?

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
In mario party 8 Waluigi's victory pose is him holding out a rose.

I don't see why these spin off games arent allowed to develop Waluigi's personality on their own. somebody has to.

And have we forgotten Peach's smash move in SSBM? Golf club(sports title) tennis racket(sports title) and frying pan(very random).

So what if Waluigi's fighting style involvesroses "suck it" gestures and swimming? It would seperate him from being merely a Wario clone, something they have only partially done with Luigi. I want go so far as to say Lugi is a clone, but he still does a lot of things similar to Mario, making him as unoriginal as u all claim Waluigi to be.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems people never read post he meant about personality not roles and mario is nintendo's wh*re that is what you mean when you say mascot.

What is that rose stuff you are talking about red?
Yeah but both Waluigi's personality and roles in the games suck... So it still doesn't work.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Waluigi's personality is awsome. In your face i am better than all of you personality.
they just need to have some background. and ssbb could be his big break.
GO WALUIGI

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Smash doesn't give background to anything. God help Sakurai if Waluigi becomes Smash's mascot. All Smash does is open a portal from each Universe and have the stars from each Universe meet and beat the snot out of each other. A character needs a background in order to make it to the Smash Universe. If they didn't, then it wouldn't be called "Nintendo's All-Star Game" it would be called "Nintendo's Character Game". Honestly, which one sounds better?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i consider Waluigi "All-Star" material. i think there is enough in him to have an inclusion for brawl. he could make another funny charcter. and i may get flamed for this, but i would rather have waluigi than wario

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I won't flame you colbusman, but I'll tell you that Wario definitely deserves the spot more than Waluigi. Wario's been here ages before Waluigi, and Wario's a purebred Nintendo character, Waluigi is 2nd party. You're entitled to your opinion about Waluigi, but just don't put anyone with a better reputation underneath Waluigi. That's just not fair.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
A character needs a background in order to make it to the Smash Universe.
What's Mario's background? He's a plumber who defends the Mushroom Kingdom. Luigi's? He's Mario's cowardly brother. Wario's? He's Mario's greedy rival who has his own business.
-and Wario's a purebred Nintendo character, Waluigi is 2nd party.
Kirby and Pokemon characters?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I won't flame you colbusman, but I'll tell you that Wario definitely deserves the spot more than Waluigi. Wario's been here ages before Waluigi, and Wario's a purebred Nintendo character, Waluigi is 2nd party. You're entitled to your opinion about Waluigi, but just don't put anyone with a better reputation underneath Waluigi. That's just not fair.

well you're entitled to your opinion about wario. i never really liked wario a whole bunch. i always played as mario and luigi in the party, kart, and sports titles until waluigi came. i have more fun with him. and i still think he could have a moveset based on those franchises since they were really popular and waluigi can have a sort of rep from those series.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What's Mario's background? He's a plumber who defends the Mushroom Kingdom. Luigi's? He's Mario's cowardly brother. Wario's? He's Mario's greedy rival who has his own business.
Yup, you got it. Now... what's Waluigi's? I'll tell you: he's everything Wario is and everything Wario already was.

Kirby and Pokemon characters?
That's totally irrelivent. I was comparing Wario and Waluigi, not ripping on Waluigi. But fine, you wanna throw down? Here we go. Kirby and the Pokemon have their own games. Pikachu has starred in his own games, Pichu and Jigglypuff have been major roles in Pikachu's games (I'm guessing) and have starred in episodes of the show and had big movie/animated-short roles, Mewtwo follows the same boat as the previous two AND was the major Pokemon to catch in the first 3 games.

Waluigi? He does everything every other Mario Universe character does in their non-canon games: go-kart, tennis, golf, baseball, dance, party, basketball... he's really nothing special.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Yup, you got it. Now... what's Waluigi's? I'll tell you: he's everything Wario is and everything Wario already was.
Not true, Waluigi isn't as greedy as Wario is, and definitely doesn't have the strength he does. Waluigi shows more of a rude/cocky side as mentioned numerous times already. While he does share some things of Wario (I Mean after all, the two are supposed to be brothers anyways), you can't say he's everything like Wario at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
So Wario isn't rude and cocky? He's always boasting about his own strength by flexing his biceps showing his cockiness, and as for rude... he has a fart move. Maybe Waluigi is cockier and Wario is ruder? Maybe visa-versa? Personally, I think Waluigi is going through the same steps that Wario took to becoming where he is now, except without going through a few series-important games. All I'm saying is, they're one in the same.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
waluigi dosn't have enough backround, and history to be in the game, look at mr. Game and watch, all of his moves are from previous games, same with mario and luigi, but waluigi dosn't have enough history to make complicated, original, cool moves, he'd be a mario and luigi double, nobody likes doubles, unless they really like they way that character looks

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Gamefreak said:
And have we forgotten Peach's smash move in SSBM? Golf club(sports title) tennis racket(sports title) and frying pan(very random).
The frying pan was definitely not random. Have you ever played Super Mario RPG?

Luckily, Waluigi will never make it into the game, because he's worthless and boring, and Sakurai wouldn't waste him time making a "moveset" for a character who sucks.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
The frying pan was definitely not random. Have you ever played Super Mario RPG?

Luckily, Waluigi will never make it into the game, because he's worthless and boring, and Sakurai wouldn't waste him time making a "moveset" for a character who sucks.
Viscera should be in Brawl, for no reason.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
waluigi dosn't have enough backround, and history to be in the game, look at mr. Game and watch, all of his moves are from previous games, same with mario and luigi, but waluigi dosn't have enough history to make complicated, original, cool moves, he'd be a mario and luigi double, nobody likes doubles, unless they really like they way that character looks
Waluigi can have a lot of original moves from the games he appeared in.
So...are you going to keep saying that everytime you come here without anything new to say?

D

Deleted member

What moves are these? Keep in mind you can't use sports stuff like Tennis rackets and golf clubs, as no-one else does.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Personally, I think Waluigi is going through the same steps that Wario took to becoming where he is now, except without going through a few series-important games. All I'm saying is, they're one in the same.
You obviously don't know your video game history....

Wario first appeared in Super Mario Land 2 for the GB. Since then, he was in Wario's Woods, several Warioland games, every single Mario Party game, Wario Ware games, etc. etc. Wario is his own character with his own series.

Waluigi, on the other hand, first appeared in Mario Tennis for the N64, and his first MP appearance was the third game. Since then, he has appeared exclusively in Mario party-type games like sports games, MK, and MP games. He have never, no not once appeared in a platformer. He was created for those party games because that's where he belonged. He was an extra character.

Wario is legit. It is possible to play Wario games and never encounter any other Mario series character in the game. With Waluigi, that is impossible. In preparing this response, I ran across this article entitled "Characters We Ought to Recall." Here is what they had to say about Waluigi:

#8 Waluigi
Where did this guy come from? I guess Wario makes sense, but who the heck is this Waluigi? Couldn't that have just changed the first letter, or just created another name or something? After pondering these questions, as well as many others, I realized that there is no answer that would make any sense. No matter if he's part of a board game, no matter if playing tennis or golf, or really whatever he's doing, the fact of the matter is he doesn't belong! Why not include Kid Icarus in these games? Or how about putting Toad back into the line up?? There are all these questions, but only one answer: Waluigi has to go!!​

If they are going to make up a moveset from scratch, at least make it someone interesting. It deserves to go to someone who has actually been in regular game, probably moreso to someone who starred in one. For from-scratch movesets, the award goes to someone like Balloon Fighter or Mach Rider...

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying Waluigi should take moveset tips from Peach? Wow.
wtf, I only said that because you said no one should use golf or tennis rackets, when Peach does in Smash. I said Peach would most likely get a new moveset in Brawl because of Super Princess Peach, I said absolutely nothing about Waluigi taking tips from Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom