• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi wasn't the main villain of Mario Party 3. It was that evil star.

Waluigi has never had any big role in a big game. I haven't played Mario: DDR, but it isn't a very important game.

Toad has had many more big roles.

And he isn't dying off. He WAS in Super Mario 64 DS, Super Princess Peach, and a few other games.

It isn't important, but I just want to remind people that Toad will be playable in Mario Party 8.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Who do you see in order of your opinnion to get into brawl?

Out of daisy toad waluigi.

i will say waluigi,toad then daisy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Toad definitely most. Waluigi and Daisy just about tied. Waluigi, i hate to say it, has a better chance I think than Daisy. They're probably just going to keep Peach's alternate costume for the Daisy factor. It would be cooler if they had a more legit Daisy costume for Peach, one that made her look identical to Daisy.

The Director

Smash Lord
I would give Daisy the upper hand over Waluigi to get into Brawl; Daisy's been around a lot longer than Waluigi.

Peach has a Daisy alternate costume in Melee, just like Mario has an alternate Wario costume. A hint at the back then distant future, perhaps?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
It would be cooler if they had a more legit Daisy costume for Peach, one that made her look identical to Daisy.
Actually, she DID look identical to Daisy at the time. That was before Daisy's character redesign when Nintendo realized that red heads don't get tans.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I would give Daisy the upper hand over Waluigi to get into Brawl; Daisy's been around a lot longer than Waluigi.

Peach has a Daisy alternate costume in Melee, just like Mario has an alternate Wario costume. A hint at the back then distant future, perhaps?
Same here

I actually think Daisy at the least is the 3rd best deserving Mario character. Geno and Bowser Jr being before her. I personally think she is in first.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I stated my points the only thing we can do is wait and see hopefully waluigi will be in brawl.
Hopefully, but only if he has a original moveset and isn't a clone. All clones from SSBM need to be pure originals, or Luigified, and no more cloens need to be added. If he has a original moveset and makes it, awsome! Only problem is....well making Waluigi a original moveset. Then again, that is a problem with a lot of newcomers to the series, lol!

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Um is it just me, or did none of you bring up a game that was rumored to be in development, that game being "Super Wario Bros." Yes, it is one of the rumored games to come to the Wii since August 2006, what does that mean? A Wario and Waluigi game of course! This would increase Waluigis chances 10-fold, and here's the link

http://playsquad.commongate.com/post/List_of_all_Wii_games_in_development

Now, I know the list is almost a year old but think a second, that list has a lot of games that have been just confirmed recently or are just coming out (MK:A, MP8, etc). Also, Beijing Olympic Games 2008, hey look at that, that game became Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. I do believe that list is legit and believe that "Super Wario Bros" Is real and can be one of the 45 new Wii Games to be announced by the end of Summer.

EDIT: I also hope it's real because then he'll be out of his filler role and that argument can no longer be used against him anymore :p

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I hope that will happen. I WISH that would happen. I just don't think that that's true.

Also, Beijing Olympic Games 08 is probably a separate game.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Um is it just me, or did none of you bring up a game that was rumored to be in development, that game being "Super Wario Bros." Yes, it is one of the rumored games to come to the Wii since August 2006, what does that mean? A Wario and Waluigi game of course! This would increase Waluigis chances 10-fold, and here's the link

Now, I know the list is almost a year old but think a second, that list has a lot of games that have been just confirmed recently or are just coming out (MK:A, MP8, etc). Also, Beijing Olympic Games 2008, hey look at that, that game became Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. I do believe that list is legit and believe that "Super Wario Bros" Is real and can be one of the 45 new Wii Games to be announced by the end of Summer.

EDIT: I also hope it's real because then he'll be out of his filler role and that argument can no longer be used against him anymore :p
Good find.

WALUIGI

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman

Oh, god I hope that list is legit. Being in that game would definitely increase Waluigi's chances of being in Brawl, not just 10-fold, but maybe 20-fold!

Let's all just hope that's a real game.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
That's all Waluigi really needed was to be a non-filler, that's mainly why people didn't like him or want him in brawl, but if he steps out of that shadow, I'm sure people won't mind him

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
While starring in a game will give Waluigi a boost, I still think some characters such as Toad will still have the upper-hand for a spot in Brawl. After all, Toad has had a large part in many games.

That game does sound interesting, but I'm not sure if we can 100% confirm that it is real.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
While starring in a game will give Waluigi a boost, I still think some characters such as Toad will still have the upper-hand for a spot in Brawl. After all, Toad has had a large part in many games.

That game does sound interesting, but I'm not sure if we can 100% confirm that it is real.
I believe Toad, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi will be the new mario characters that'll be confirmed, I think there will be 3 new mario people mainly because I see the Doc getting the boot.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
People, Wario is a filler character, in a way. Well, maybe not a filler, but he was made to be Mario's opposite. There fore, Waluigi could be Luigi's opposite. Which he is. So, in that perspective, he could be seen as no more a filler character than Wario. In THAT perspective...

Also, Toad having a LARGE part in MANY games? I don't think so...in the original Mario games, he just stood at the end of every 4th level, and said "Princess isn't here".
And the one game he DID have a major role in sucked. The mario broth. 2 or whatever, when you battle Wart...that whole game strayed to far from the original Mario game play, and sucked (in my opinion). I don't think Toad has much more of a chance than Waluigi...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm honestly not sure what to make of that game really. If it was slated to be in development since then you'd think we would've heard more about it by now. That and that list isn't entirely accurate, as some of the games are DS titles and some don't exist yet. I'd take it with a grain of salt, though at this rate it doesn't look like it'll be announced before Brawl is nearing it's completion.

However, if it is true then it does boost Waluigi's chances significantly.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Shouldn't Brawl already be kinda-sorta nearing it's completion? It is released in June isn't it?
Or is that in Japan? I hope in the US, so I'll get to ask 4 it for my Birthday...lol

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not sure what to make of that game really. If it was slated to be in development since then you'd think we would've heard more about it by now. That and that list isn't entirely accurate, as some of the games are DS titles and some don't exist yet. I'd take it with a grain of salt, though at this rate it doesn't look like it'll be announced before Brawl is nearing it's completion.
Well that can be, but then think about 2 of these DS Games
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Wario the Mysterious Thief (or whatever it's called) those 2 games just had a screenshot and nothing was announced for at least a year later at E3. As for the Dragon Quest 9 on that list, I can only think Square decided to make it for the DS while they made the other Dragon Quest game for the Wii

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Wario's Woods: Toad starred.

Mario Party: Toad hosted.

Wario>Waluigi because although Wario was once just a filler character, he has become more from his WarioWare series, Wario Land series, and a few other games.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Sorry, I don't see a small, mainly unimportant character in most games gaining significance for hosting a side scrolling 3-D board game...but thats just me...
B4 any one says we're offtopic, think again. We are arguing (kinda, i guess) about how much more Toad deserves to be in than Waluigi...
Just saying that cuz some people (they may not even be on this thread) forget what they read on the last post as soon as they look at another.
So think of that as a reminder if you forgot...IF...
lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People, Wario is a filler character, in a way. Well, maybe not a filler, but he was made to be Mario's opposite. There fore, Waluigi could be Luigi's opposite. Which he is. So, in that perspective, he could be seen as no more a filler character than Wario. In THAT perspective...

Also, Toad having a LARGE part in MANY games? I don't think so...in the original Mario games, he just stood at the end of every 4th level, and said "Princess isn't here".
And the one game he DID have a major role in sucked. The mario broth. 2 or whatever, when you battle Wart...that whole game strayed to far from the original Mario game play, and sucked (in my opinion). I don't think Toad has much more of a chance than Waluigi...
wtf are you talking about, SMb 2 is awsome, it was way better than the original. Who cares if it strays far in your opinion, it sold well and is one of the more popular games of all time. Plus it had way more secrets than any Mario game to date, and was the start of many important Mario characters.

Sorry, I don't see a small, mainly unimportant character in most games gaining significance for hosting a side scrolling 3-D board game...but thats just me...
B4 any one says we're offtopic, think again. We are arguing (kinda, i guess) about how much more Toad deserves to be in than Waluigi...
Just saying that cuz some people (they may not even be on this thread) forget what they read on the last post as soon as they look at another.
So think of that as a reminder if you forgot...IF...
lol
Lol, that is what people said about Wario when they first made him. Tons of now big characters started off with minor rolls.

Peach: Was a replacement for that one girl in Donkey Kong in Super Mario Bros, who stuck with the Mario franchise, and is a staple on video gaming.

Luigi: Was made in Mario Bros as a second player, and is easily one of the msot reconizable characters in all of video gaming.

Bowser: He was a replacement for Donkey Kong so Donkey Kong could branch off in Super Mario Bros, and was replaced with Wart in Super Mario Bros 2. Then, the developers of Super Mario Bros 3 decieded to use Bowser over Wart or a entirely new villian, and he is easily the most reconizable villian in all of video gaming.

Wario: Was meant to be a Mario clone (sorta) with powers similar to Mario's in Super Mario Land. He was put in the game because either Nintendo wanted another Mario Villian, or people didn't want to fight Bowser (again). Then he returned in Wario's Woods, and was in the Mario Kart series, and in Super Mario World. He was a filler character, but continued getting bigger in Mario Party, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis. Of course there was Wario Land and Wario World, which ultimately leading off to the successful Wario Ware.

^^^ With those, basically all of them were replacements/filler characters, so that proves Waluigi can make it. Waluigi as a playable character in SSBB would simply jumpstart him, possibly leading into his own series, or more likely playing a more important roll in the Mario Franchise. As for Toad, c'mon he plays a minor roll, Waluigi and Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario are way more likely and better choices for SSBB. They play a much more important roll in the Mario Franchise, lol! :laugh: :)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
i know

^^^ With those, basically all of them were replacements/filler characters, so that proves Waluigi can make it. Waluigi as a playable character in SSBB would simply jumpstart him, possibly leading into his own series, or more likely playing a more important roll in the Mario Franchise. As for Toad, c'mon he plays a minor roll, Waluigi and Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario are way more likely and better choices for SSBB. They play a much more important roll in the Mario Franchise, lol! :laugh: :)
Thats what i've been trying to say, basically. Toad doesn't really help the franchise at all. He could've been left out completely, and nothing would matter. The reason Toad IS around is just because of Mario's home world-mushroom kingdom. Nintendo put Toad in cuz of the world's name. Or opposite...but still, same thing...I think...yah, it is...maybe...anyways, Toad is just a small bonus to the series...but then again, things surprising happen...

For instance, Nana from Ice Climbers. She didn't really play a very large role either-she was player 2's character...idk where im going with this part, so i'll leave it at that:laugh:

Volrec

Smash Lord
No way. Waluigi is only playable in sports/party games. Luigi was playable in plot having games. New Super Mario bros? Playable. Original Mario bros, pallete swap, but STILL luigi.

Luigi's mansion? What is that?

Was Waluigi in the first 2 smash bros? NAH.

Luigi and Mario are usually the only playable characters in single character games.

Dont you be callin the "Green Hamma" "side-ish"

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Luigi used to be sideish, but he isn't anymore, he stepped out of that, which is what Waluigi has to do already, step out of that sideish role of a filler/spinoff. Anyways, another thing that comes to mind, if they make a 2nd Luigis mansion, maybe Waluigi can be the villian w/ King Boo (Basically, King Boo gets Waluigi to help take over the mansion this time)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I haven't visited this topic in a while, so I figued I'd do my check-in and say that yes, Waluigi still sucks and in no way should be considered for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom