• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok Numa,

1) Who says he's not popular anymore? I like him. I'm pretty sure Digi likes him. I'm 100% sure it's more than just us in the world who like him.

2) Maybe Bowser told Jr. that because he knew he would go after Peach. And do you really think that Bowser Jr. devised a plot to steal shine sprites? He's just a kid, what does he care about kingdom domination? The dude just wanted a mom. Bowser is the mastermind (*as of now) not Jr. Unless you know I'm wrong on this too. But I wonder... do you really know the mind of a dinosaur? If you do then maybe you have the brain of a dinosaur. (Word on the street is they're pretty small!" :grin: hehe

3) I didn't say everyone, I just said a majority of the population. Though I doubt you're going to agree with me just to be the antithesis of everything I stand for.

4) Did Nintendo call Square on the phone or write a letter? Don't give me your so called "facts" without sitation, it's just going to backfire on you.

pwnd? I think so...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Ok Numa,

1) Who says he's not popular anymore? I like him. I'm pretty sure Digi likes him. I'm 100% sure it's more than just us in the world who like him. I find it funny when people miss keywords. I said AS popular as he used to be.

2) Maybe Bowser told Jr. that because he knew he would go after Peach. And do you really think that Bowser Jr. devised a plot to steal shine sprites? He's just a kid, what does he care about kingdom domination? The dude just wanted a mom. Bowser is the mastermind (*as of now) not Jr. Unless you know I'm wrong on this too. But I wonder... do you really know the mind of a dinosaur? If you do then maybe you have the brain of a dinosaur. (Word on the street is they're pretty small!" :grin: hehe Do you honestly believe Bowser is smart enough to think of a plan like that. BTW he stole the shine sprites to frame mario.

3) I didn't say everyone, I just said a majority of the population. Though I doubt you're going to agree with me just to be the antithesis of everything I stand for. THE toad isn't as known as the generic race because the generic race has been in more games.

4) Did Nintendo call Square on the phone or write a letter? Don't give me your so called "facts" without sitation, it's just going to backfire on you. ASK MCFOX WHO OWNS GENO SMART ***!

pwnd? I think so...No you didn't.
Ownage in red.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
1) You also said "WAS popular", implying that he isn't anymore, therefore you had 2 keywords so I'm not as at fault as you say. And if he's not so popular, then why do people want him? And who says Jr. is more popular? I guess you know how everyone in the world thinks.

2) Ummm... I don't know if Bowser is that smart, but do you know he's not? Do you know if Jr.'s that smart? Man, you must really know everything don't you?

3) That's like saying humans have been in more Mario games than Mario. That's an unfair statement. Also, I'd like a list of these games where Toad wasn't in them but every other Mushroom Person was.

4) NO! WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME A SITATION! MCFOX IS ONLY A HUMAN MUCH LIKE OURSELVES! I WANT WRITTEN PROOF OF GENO BEING OWNED SOLELY BY SQUARE AND I WON'T BELIEVE YOU,MCFOX, OR ANYONE! And don't yell or curse, that's just rude.

pwnd again? I think so...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
1) You also said "WAS popular", implying that he isn't anymore, therefore you had 2 keywords so I'm not as at fault as you say. And if he's not so popular, then why do people want him? And who says Jr. is more popular? I guess you know how everyone in the world thinks. Yes people want him but people are also completely opposed to the idea stupid nOOB.

2) Ummm... I don't know if Bowser is that smart, but do you know he's not? Do you know if Jr.'s that smart? Man, you must really know everything don't you? You obviously haven't played thousand year door or you would know how stupid bowser is.

3) That's like saying humans have been in more Mario games than Mario. That's an unfair statement. Also, I'd like a list of these games where Toad wasn't in them but every other Mushroom Person was. It would take forever to list every single one so here are a few of them. Paper mario, paper mario the thousand year door, super mario 64 the original mario I could go on and on.

4) NO! WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME A SITATION! MCFOX IS ONLY A HUMAN MUCH LIKE OURSELVES! I WANT WRITTEN PROOF OF GENO BEING OWNED SOLELY BY SQUARE AND I WON'T BELIEVE YOU,MCFOX, OR ANYONE! And don't yell or curse, that's just rude. MCFOX MADE SURE ABOUT WHO OWNS GENO CHECK THE GENO THREAD YOU MORON!

pwnd again? I think so...Stupid nOOB.
Ownage in red.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
1) There are always people who like a character and people who dislike a character. What's your point? There are people who dislike Bowser Jr. Does that mean he won't be in Brawl? Just because someone dislikes a character doesn't mean that their vote overweighs the opinions of a million others. Stupid n00b

2) Bowser is given different personas and different looks in every game he's in. One Paper Mario game won't define him indefinitely.

3) I'll bet you could find THE Toad in every one of those games. And even in games that it doesn't specify he's in specifically (Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 for example), there's no proof saying he's not one of the many Mushroom People there.

4) I'm not searching the whole Geno thread. I won't believe you until you give me a sitation.

No ownage... you're stupid, stubborn, and totally biased in only your opinion. No way you owned me anywhere. If you want, we can keep this up all day.

TOAD > BOWSER JR.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Thank you Digi.

Ok, final statement. Bowser Jr. is cool, but he just doesn't have the reputation of Toad does that could put him higher on the list. Jr. hasn't been in as much and that's basically my point. It's just that Toad and Yoshi are practically on the same boat. There's one specific Toad in the Mushroom People and one specific Yoshi in the Yoshis. Even though you know there's a million identical Yoshis you know there's one special one. Same with Toad, though you know there's a million identical Mushroom People you know there's one special one. Yoshi got in (in many different colors, therefore saying that it's not one specific Yoshi they put in), so why can't Toad?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Now let's look at Waluigi.

Waluigi is a filler character that was created to be Waluigi's partner/Luigi's enemy.
So? Every character was created for something. Wario is Mario's evil twin-like rival (Evil twin. VERY original.), Luigi is Mario's partner/brother, Peach is the damsel in distress and Bowser is teh 3V|L ARCHNEMISIS who always seems to fall in lava at the end of most games.

Waluigi has ONLY been in spin-off games, and Toad has been playable in almost every game that Waluigi has been.
But they are still Mario games.
Waluigi has NO roles in canon games.
What was Toad's roles?

"THANK YOU MARIO! BUT OUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!"

Wario has just been added to Brawl, and he doesn't need another rep.
What, so should Wario be the only Wario character? We had Mario and Luigi, Roy and Marth, Pikachu and Jigglypuff, etc., etc., blah blah. Why can't we have Wario and Waluigi?
Mario, Nintendo's flagship series, could do with another rep.
Like who? Oh wait, you already answered that.
Toad is the last remaining character from the Big 8 that hasn't been added to Brawl. This group (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, Peach, Wario, and Toad) was considered to be the most popular Mario characters.

Toad has had big roles in the following games: SMB2, Wario's Woods, Mario Party 1 & 2.

Toad has had minor roles in the following games: SMRPG, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros.... and just about every Mario game.

Toad has been in every Mario Kart, including the arcade version.

Okay! Here is why Toad>Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. has been in only a few games (Sunshine and NSMB being the main ones).

He is the sidekick of the bad guy. Pretty lame.

Many fans hate the koopa because he replaced Bowser's original sons.

Bowser Jr. wasn't in Mario Kart DS, while he very well could have been.

Toad is more recognized than Bowser Jr.

Anyways, imo it seems that Toad>Bowser Jr.>Waluigi and Toad>Geno>Waluigi

Not quite sure who wins between Geno and Jr...

Let's...stop taking about Toad, Geno and Bowser Jr.

Geno=Toad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bowser Jr.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I really don't know what the whole topic of your speech was there, but I agree that Geno and Toad are fairly equal in their deservingness of a Brawl spot (Toad a bit more).

But for the record, you really havn't said anything new in Waluigi's defense. And I hope that was sarcasm about the evil twin being very original. You probably were, but with some people you never know.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
IMHO, if we need another Wario rep, I'd rather Mona get in than Waluigi. She'd be a better secondary rep for Wario Ware because... well, she's actually been in Wario Ware (ALL of them) for one thing.

That and I personally like the idea of more females in Brawl.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72030&page=38

That is for Toad.

For Waluigi: Wario can get another rep another time. He just got in himself!
Why? It's not like Wario was in some long and hard battle to get in Brawl.

So Wario should just be by himself?
But for the record, you really havn't said anything new in Waluigi's defense. And I hope that was sarcasm about the evil twin being very original. You probably were, but with some people you never know.
You haven't said anything new yet either.

And of course I was sarcastic.

Or was I? *makes weird noises*

Wrath`

Smash Master
Waluigi has been more playable then toad. altho he has been in less games.
You can play as waluigi in more games then you can play toad

GenG

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers and Pit say hi. Time isn't a barrier when it comes to Smash Bros. But is Smash Bros what can make possible the revival of these characters.

Geno is one of the top requested characters in both USA and Japan. He appeared 5 times in the Brawl poll and that proves that even Sakurai is interested in him. And since the third party door is opened, his chances are even higher.

On the other hand, nobody, even Nintendo, show any interest for Waluigi.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ice Climbers and Pit say hi. Time isn't a barrier when it comes to Smash Bros. But is Smash Bros what can make possible the revival of these characters.
Bringing back these old characters brings money to Nintendo's pockets (Ice Climbers, Pit, Game & Watch, Marth). New characters too (namely Roy). Boosting a second rate character that's already working for them well enough in spin-off games won't really make them much more money. People like playing as Waluigi in Mario Party and Mario sports games and that's all they need from him right now. But if they bring back a legend from an amazing game that people either forgot about or never realized was there, they could snowball this bit of attention towards bigger and more profitable projects. Do you really think they would have thought to make another Kid Icarus game if there wasn't such a positive reaction from him in the Smash trailer? Bringing Geno back could bring back Super Mario RPG fascination and possibly give us a sequal.

The only reason Ice Climbers probably didn't get another game is because... well, I mean they're good in Smash but they're not that cool. Pit and Geno are REALLY cool. Waluigi is fine where he is for now. I say leave and let live.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno has no chance in hell to appear in Brawl and please don't overrate that crappy character he is dead and will never be in a new game.
You don't know wat your talking about. In Sakruai's poll in Japan, Geno was the most wanted character for Brawl, and he is up there with Diddy Kong for most wanted characters for Brawl. Sonic is the only more desired 3rd party character (Sonic is also the most desired character), and Megaman follows him in third.

Calling Geno crap just proves your ignorance, and that you don't like Super Mario RPG, and many will disagree with you. I could say the same thing about Waluigi, but it doesn't prove anything now does it? (and I like Waluigi)

Geno is one of the top requested characters in both USA and Japan. He appeared 5 times in the Brawl poll and that proves that even Sakurai is interested in him. And since the third party door is opened, his chances are even higher.

On the other hand, nobody, even Nintendo, show any interest for Waluigi
Geno is one of the most wanted characters for Brawl, but hey want me to prove to you not showing intrest in Waluigi is deja vu? Wario, Meta Knight, and Diddy Kong are all not in Melee. Now weren't those three the most wanted characters for SSBB before the first trailer was shown?

They were all basically not shown any intrest, and they all (except Diddy, who we all know is probably in anyways) are in SSBB. Just give Waluigi 3-6 years and he could be almost as big as Wario is now. That is if he branches off, or becomes more apart of the storyline or something.

If there is a 4th SSB game, (hopefully) Waluigi would be should be expected. He'll be bigger in time, but I doubt he'll be in SSBB. He probably will be considered, and show me proof that Nintendo never even considered or shown intrest in him, because unless you are a part of the SSBB or are a inside source, your point is completely irrelevant=stupid.

The only reason Ice Climbers probably didn't get another game is because... well, I mean they're good in Smash but they're not that cool. Pit and Geno are REALLY cool. Waluigi is fine where he is for now. I say leave and let live.
Nah, let's give him a bigger role in the Mario franchise, and maybe he'll branch off into his own series or something. If Waluigi play a important role in the Mario franchise in the future that would be great too. Seriously, Luigi and Waluigi should sort of branch out into their own games (even if Luigi had Luigi's Mansion, he needs another).

GenG

Smash Lord
but hey want me to prove to you not showing intrest in Waluigi is deja vu? Wario, Meta Knight, and Diddy Kong are all not in Melee.
These three characters were popular back in 2001, but maybe they weren't something interesting Smash-wise or they were cut for more popular characters. There is a logic reason. However, Sakurai said in the Smash Dojo forums that he wanted to add Metaknight back in Melee but he wanted to promote character from other series rather than his ones.

Waluigi isn't popular now. We'll see in a few years if that fact has changed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
These three characters were popular back in 2001, but maybe they weren't something interesting Smash-wise or they were cut for more popular characters. There is a logic reason. However, Sakurai said in the Smash Dojo forums that he wanted to add Metaknight back in Melee but he wanted to promote character from other series rather than his ones.

Waluigi isn't popular now. We'll see in a few years if that fact has changed.
I got some characters thgat didn't deserve slots in SSBM that Diddy, MK, and Wario could have taken their slots: Pichu and Doc=point proven. They would have been way better than those two (as much as I love Doc, he's almost the exact same as Mario), and would have been pure originals in SSBM.

I'm saying "for now" he's fine where he is. Meaning that he's fine to play in spin-offs and he's fine to work his way up the ladder in Nintendo to become an actual super-star. BUT until that day comes... keep him out of Brawl.
I don't see Waluigi in Brawl, but i see him in a 4th SSB game easily. Waluigi just needs to climb up the ladder to super star status. Hopefully that day comes, and it isn't too crazy of an idea of Waluigi rising in poularity if you think about it.

GenG

Smash Lord
I got some characters thgat didn't deserve slots in SSBM that Diddy, MK, and Wario could have taken their slots: Pichu and Doc=point proven. They would have been way better than those two (as much as I love Doc, he's almost the exact same as Mario), and would have been pure originals in SSBM.
Of course, ANY character would be better than Pichu and Doc, but these are clones so the work was minimal. Metaknight, Wario and Diddy needed totally new movesets that maybe couldn't be made due to time constraints.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Geno has no chance in hell to appear in Brawl and please don't overrate that crappy character he is dead and will never be in a new game.
...he just appeared in "Mario and Luigi" and is a very popular character.

True.
On the other hand, nobody, even Nintendo, show any interest for Waluigi.
How do we know that?
Bringing back these old characters brings money to Nintendo's pockets (Ice Climbers, Pit, Game & Watch, Marth). New characters too (namely Roy). Boosting a second rate character that's already working for them well enough in spin-off games won't really make them much more money.
What, so ahving Waluigi will make people not want to buy Brawl?
People like playing as Waluigi in Mario Party and Mario sports games and that's all they need from him right now. But if they bring back a legend from an amazing game that people either forgot about or never realized was there, they could snowball this bit of attention towards bigger and more profitable projects.
...like?
Do you really think they would have thought to make another Kid Icarus game if there wasn't such a positive reaction from him in the Smash trailer? Bringing Geno back could bring back Super Mario RPG fascination and possibly give us a sequal.
That could be possible, but they might have already been thinking about making another Kid Icarus game.

And I think and Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario are okay for now.

Darn it, Square-Enix! Make another one instead of basketball and board games!
You don't know wat your talking about. In Sakruai's poll in Japan, Geno was the most wanted character for Brawl, and he is up there with Diddy Kong for most wanted characters for Brawl. Sonic is the only more desired 3rd party character (Sonic is also the most desired character), and Megaman follows him in third.
In my opinion, Pac-Man has a better chance than Megaman.

Wait, this is the Waluigi thread.

Calling Geno crap just proves your ignorance, and that you don't like Super Mario RPG, and many will disagree with you. I could say the same thing about Waluigi, but it doesn't prove anything now does it? (and I like Waluigi)
Yup.
Geno is one of the most wanted characters for Brawl, but hey want me to prove to you not showing intrest in Waluigi is deja vu? Wario, Meta Knight, and Diddy Kong are all not in Melee. Now weren't those three the most wanted characters for SSBB before the first trailer was shown?
Yeah!

Wait, Diddy Kong isn't a character yet.

They were all basically not shown any intrest, and they all (except Diddy, who we all know is probably in anyways) are in SSBB. Just give Waluigi 3-6 years and he could be almost as big as Wario is now. That is if he branches off, or becomes more apart of the storyline or something.
Oh, never mind.

It is possible for Waluigi to be almost as popular as Wario. Nintendo just has to...just give him a major role and possibly a back story.

If there is a 4th SSB game, (hopefully)
I think that there will.
Of course, ANY character would be better than Pichu and Doc, but these are clones so the work was minimal. Metaknight, Wario and Diddy needed totally new movesets that maybe couldn't be made due to time constraints.
...so this went from Waluigi to Toad vs. Bowser Jr. to Meta Knight, Wario, Diddy and Geno?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I guess it's hard to have one specific character thread without going off into tangents about other characters.

My rebuttle to your (Red Maniac) remarks on my post:

1) I didn't say that people wouldn't buy Brawl. I'm saying that promoting a practically almost lost character and remarketing them will make more opportunities for games and merchandising and whatnot in the future (Pit games, toys, etc.). Putting Waluigi in would only promote games that already have enough promotion and would sell the same regardless (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario [Sport], etc.)

2) Basically games... that's all... one and two kind of have the same answer.

3) That's true, but putting Pit in Brawl could promote the game more than just commercials and ads. Who knows what other characters need attention that will be put in Brawl? If Waluigi had his own game coming out then my opinion of him to be in Brawl would most likely be severely changed. However, as of now that is not the case. He's still the second-rate filler character in spin-off games.

Ok, to make things simple: Nintendo is a business corporation. The more they sell, the more they're happy. They don't care what "character" makes people the happiest, they care which "character" makes them the most profit. Waluigi is giving them all the money he can where he is. Putting him in Brawl won't raise their stock for anything he will be/is already in. For example, Roy/Marth weren't selling much for a while so when they were put in a whole new branch of games was released in America. That's LOADS of money in Nintendo's pocket. See where I'm going with this? Not only does Waluigi not deserve a spot in Brawl (*yet), Brawl doesn't NEED him (*yet). In time, I'm sure he will be in a Smash, but for now he shouldn't and probably won't.

El HP

Smash Ace

Guess what Pit and the Ice Climbers are protagonist in their respective series while Geno is a secondary character and doesn't represent anything in Nintendo's history even Waluigi is a representative as shown in the melee trophy selection while Geno or any element related to Mario RPG was nowhere to be found.

First of all I consider Mario RPG a decent game just because I don't like that stupid and boring character doesn't mean I am an ignorant so please don't come here saying that crap.

That just proves that poll doesn't mean anything popularity is not the deciding factor.

If there is a 4th SSB game, (hopefully) Waluigi would be should be expected. He'll be bigger in time, but I doubt he'll be in SSBB. He probably will be considered, and show me proof that Nintendo never even considered or shown intrest in him, because unless you are a part of the SSBB or are a inside source, your point is completely irrelevant=stupid.
In MP3 Waluigi was the main villain, in DDR once again he was the main villain, Power Tennis Wario and Waluigi where the main villains and even Camelot use Waluigi in the intro to show their logo and he was recently included in the Mario Kart series and since then has become part of the roster of characters he even got a cameo Paper Mario 2 where Mario can wear his outfit.

His personality is more clear now as shown in Mario Strikers, Waluigi is getting an identity of his own as new games come he was related to Wrecking Crew using eggplants, his Mario Kart DS vehicle the Gold Mantis a demolition vehicle he is no longer just an evil luigi.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
1) I didn't say that people wouldn't buy Brawl. I'm saying that promoting a practically almost lost character and remarketing them will make more opportunities for games and merchandising and whatnot in the future (Pit games, toys, etc.). Putting Waluigi in would only promote games that already have enough promotion and would sell the same regardless (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario [Sport], etc.)
Well, has that happened with any of the Melee characters? (Besides Fire Emblem coming to the US, etc.)

2) Basically games... that's all... one and two kind of have the same answer.
Which one of my comments are you replying to?

3) That's true, but putting Pit in Brawl could promote the game more than just commercials and ads. Who knows what other characters need attention that will be put in Brawl? If Waluigi had his own game coming out then my opinion of him to be in Brawl would most likely be severely changed. However, as of now that is not the case. He's still the second-rate filler character in spin-off games.
But what about those people who don't know who Pit is?

Ok, to make things simple: Nintendo is a business corporation. The more they sell, the more they're happy. They don't care what "character" makes people the happiest, they care which "character" makes them the most profit. Waluigi is giving them all the money he can where he is. Putting him in Brawl won't raise their stock for anything he will be/is already in. For example, Roy/Marth weren't selling much for a while so when they were put in a whole new branch of games was released in America. That's LOADS of money in Nintendo's pocket. See where I'm going with this? Not only does Waluigi not deserve a spot in Brawl (*yet), Brawl doesn't NEED him (*yet). In time, I'm sure he will be in a Smash, but for now he shouldn't and probably won't.
So you're saying that Nintendo doesn't give a crap about what we think?

Guess what Pit and the Ice Climbers are protagonist in their respective series while Geno is a secondary character and doesn't represent anything in Nintendo's history even Waluigi is a representative as shown in the melee trophy selection while Geno or any element related to Mario RPG was nowhere to be found.
"Mario & Luigi" cameo...

That just proves that poll doesn't mean anything popularity is not the deciding factor.
But it does help.

In MP3 Waluigi was the main villain, in DDR once again he was the main villain, Power Tennis Wario and Waluigi where the main villains and even Camelot use Waluigi in the intro to show their logo and he was recently included in the Mario Kart series and since then has become part of the roster of characters he even got a cameo Paper Mario 2 where Mario can wear his outfit.
Mario Power Tennis... I loved the opening video...

Waluigi (about Bowser): He walks funny...
Wario: Oh, shut up!
His personality is more clear now as shown in Mario Strikers, Waluigi is getting an identity of his own as new games come he was related to Wrecking Crew using eggplants, his Mario Kart DS vehicle the Gold Mantis a demolition vehicle he is no longer just an evil luigi.
Give me a high five, fellow Waluigi supporter!

I take that back, you Anti-Geno...guy!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ El HP
As much as I don't like you're side of the argument or think any of what you say is agreeable with... I love you're sig. I always say to myself when I read your posts: "What the fudge is this kid talking about?...(scrolling down)... still not making any sense to me...(scrolling down)... ****, that's still a really kickass sig." :grin:

@ Red Maniac
[I answered both sets of remarks in order, just match them up]

1) Not really, but that was somewhat a fluke, and I'm sure there will be another/a few more fluke(s) in Brawl. Most of the other characters (excluding only... Doctor Mario?) were already selling high in man countries. It's "Nintendo's All-Stars", not "Nintendo's Whoever That's Obscure That We Could Find"

2) You said "...like?" That one. Something about what things Pit would sell I think.

3) Then when they play Brawl they will know who he is.
I was talking about Pit promoting his own game. Sorry if I confused you. Looking back it looks like I said Pit promoting Brawl.

4) No, I'm not saying they don't care about us, I'm saying they want to see us enjoy the games enough to buy buy buy! That, in turn, will make them happy. IMO, it seems that Sakurai wants to make everyone happy, but Nintendo is kind of restricting him. I could be wrong about that though. Don't quote me.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
@ Red Maniac
[I answered both sets of remarks in order, just match them up]

1) Not really, but that was somewhat a fluke, and I'm sure there will be another/a few more fluke(s) in Brawl. Most of the other characters (excluding only... Doctor Mario?) were already selling high in man countries. It's "Nintendo's All-Stars", not "Nintendo's Whoever That's Obscure That We Could Find"
What do you mean by "selling high?"

2) You said "...like?" That one. Something about what things Pit would sell I think.
I was asking what "legend could appear out of nowhere and snowball some attention" or whatever you said.

3) Then when they play Brawl they will know who he is.
I was talking about Pit promoting his own game. Sorry if I confused you. Looking back it looks like I said Pit promoting Brawl.
Well, you said that getting well known characters in Brawl will promote the game, and what if people don't know who Pit is?

So that's it? Nintendo is just using Brawl to promote characters and games?

4) No, I'm not saying they don't care about us, I'm saying they want to see us enjoy the games enough to buy buy buy! That, in turn, will make them happy. IMO, it seems that Sakurai wants to make everyone happy, but Nintendo is kind of restricting him. I could be wrong about that though.
What makes you think that Nintendo is restricting him?
Don't quote me.
...whoops.

*runs away*

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mariowiki.com/Waluigi

As fun as random facts about Waluigi may be, that's kind of spamming.

Actually, now thinking about it, this is spam too, so, uh, I think Waluigi should (and could) make it into Brawl. The way I think about it, there are maybe four major Mario characters left that aren't in Smash. They would be Daisy, Toad, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi. I pretty much consider Daisy out (although, if you think about it, she has the same chances as Waluigi) because I believe, it it comes down to Daisy and Waluigi, the developers would pick Waluigi, mainly so as to give Luigi someone to Mario's Wario, and I just don't think Peach needs a rival.

Now, this leaves Toad, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi. Now, for all of you people supporting Bowser Jr. and not Waluigi, think about this: Bowser Jr. was technically created as a filler. He was made to be Bowser's sidekick. Now, you probably don't consider this as bad because "Bowser Jr. was teh med fro a mian game!!!11!!" but he's still a "filler". He could just as easily have been replaced by another Koopaling, or even Bowser himself. Plus, he's a lot newer than Waluigi. Although he's been a main villain, but so has Waluigi (DDR:Mario Mix, and Mario Party 3). This is why I think that Waluigi is above Bowser Jr.

So, now we have Toad and Waluigi. I don't have much to say here, but I will use a point that somebody else brought up: the Toad is fading away, to be replaced by Toadsworth. As much as you may not like it, the Toad is fading. He didn't appear in Super Mario 64 (DS), Super Mario Sunshine (the last two had Toads, but they weren't the Toad, and they didn't have major roles), New Super Mario Bros., or others. Even when he does appear in Party games, he has less of a role than Waluigi, he's not even playable! Anyway, despite all this, I still believe Waluigi and Toad to be pretty much equal, with Waluigi only having the upperhand by little bit.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, Geno is owned by Square Enix. Nintendo could not legally put in Geno because again Square Enix owns Geno, with all rights.

First of all I consider Mario RPG a decent game just because I don't like that stupid and boring character doesn't mean I am an ignorant so please don't come here saying that crap.

That is subject of opinion, so I won't touch this one any further.

Tha
t just proves that poll doesn't mean anything popularity is not the deciding factor.
It actually does help Geno a lot, because I would have thought NA and Europe would want Geno more than Japan, but Japan likes Geno just as much. Waluigi I think got nominated, I think multiple times, so he did fair off. That means Geno has great popularity in Japan, or it was luck (Sakurai pulled out random e-mails, or ideas he liked).

Popularity will be for the most part the decieding factor for who is in SSBB, (with some random appearances, of course) simply within reason of course. Despite this, Japan won't be the main decieding factor most likely like that time, and Europe and NA will also help in the decieding factor category.

In MP3 Waluigi was the main villain, in DDR once again he was the main villain, Power Tennis Wario and Waluigi where the main villains and even Camelot use Waluigi in the intro to show their logo and he was recently included in the Mario Kart series and since then has become part of the roster of characters he even got a cameo Paper Mario 2 where Mario can wear his outfit.[/QUOTE]

Ya Mario Party 3 pretty much is the best Mario party game IMO, so I that definitely counts. DDR really doesn't count for much, but Power Tennis definitely counts for something. He has made more appearances, and I really can't lie, I go around in that Waluigi outfit more than the Mario outfit, Wario outfit, and Luigi outfits combined in Paper Mario 2, lol! Easily very solid points, and very true.

[/QUOTE]His personality is more clear now as shown in Mario Strikers, Waluigi is getting an identity of his own as new games come he was related to Wrecking Crew using eggplants, his Mario Kart DS vehicle the Gold Mantis a demolition vehicle he is no longer just an evil luigi.[/QUOTE]

Intresting analasyes, I think Nintendo and their 2nd parties are really trying to individualize him, but I though they were going at a much slower rate. I figured that Waluigi will slowly be individualized, play a bigger role in the Mario franchise, and branch off, but it seems he is getting bigger with every game he's been in. Very good analasis=good job.

O and Fox Rocks, if it came down to another Mario character, it would be Toad is cut first (his moveset would be hard to think of), then Daisy, because Bowser Jr. and Waluigi have played more important roles in the Mario series. That means that only Waluigi and Bowser Jr. would be left. Overall Bowser Jr. has the best chance though.

Bowser Jr. is the main villian in New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Sunshine, the #1 selling DS game and #2 selling GCN game (only behind SSBM). That would give him a slight advantage, plus he has had far better chances at being more individual than Daisy and Waluigi, and for the most part he succeeded. Also I think a Bowser Jr. (maybe Shadow Mario) moveset would be easier to make than Waluigi, and that gives Bowser Jr. a advantage.

@ El HP
As much as I don't like you're side of the argument or think any of what you say is agreeable with... I love you're sig. I always say to myself when I read your posts: "What the fudge is this kid talking about?...(scrolling down)... still not making any sense to me...(scrolling down)... ****, that's still a really kickass sig."
Anyone who personally makes there own sig and isn't lazy like me and finds them on Google pictures, probably has a good sig. EL HP is definitely no exception to this rule.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
he is now a regular spin off character (Daisy as well) I can't see why not....but what would he represent (any other Mario character can't)?

IMO from the 6 most popular picks for the Mario series Waluigi is in 3rd:

Toad:
He's in last, and he can't represent anything different another character can't. He's minor role is even applied in the spin offs. His game wouldn't count, seeing as how Dr. Mario already represents the Puzzle genre for Smash...even if the Dr. is gone and be an alt. outfit for Mario, he's still Mario so the puzzle would be represented either way. Besides I hear Lip can represent the Puzzle genre much better.

Bowser Jr:
People call out Waluigi and Daisy as clones, just because they wear similar or same outfits as other characters, and for other reasons I won't waste my time on explaining. If all this counts for Waluigi and Daisy, with more reason Bowser Jr. is a clone...I mean he looks was close to Bowser and the only difference would be his age and the paintbrush....everything else is sooo the same as Bowser. My point is not that, but Boswer Jr. cannot represent anything different from his Father.

Birdo:
People will say she'd be another Yoshi clone. IMO Yoshi is her clone. Ok now she does have a chance seeing as how she can represent some of the Mario RPG's. Though she's minor like Toad, she can represent something different...Sure Geno and Mallow can as well, but they would'nt have to worry about Copyrights and all that stuff much for Birdo...She'd cost less in other words.

Waluigi:
He's now a regular ( Daisy as well) in the Mario spin offs. He can represent the Mario Spin Offs good enough. He can be (again) Luigi's rival and Wario's partner. However Wario is gone representing WarioWare so Waluigi would kind of look out of place. Another thing is he's not proven to be existant Canon-wise.

Geno:
He's soooo popular according to his fans. He won't be another Mario. He's been suggested and mentioned in Sakurai's journal. He can well represent the Mario RPG's. Thing against him is copyrights and all the stuff going with it. He's also a sidekick along with Mallow, and I highly doubt both of them will be in. Geno has higher chances.

Daisy:
She's real canon-wise, started her debut in Mario Land. She and Tatanga are the ones left to represent Mario Land (remember Wario is in WarioWare) She can better represent the spin offs seeing as how she is real canon-wise. Another thing is that her and Wario were the only ones to be in Melee as alternate outfits. Wario is in, where is Daisy?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
he is now a regular spin off character (Daisy as well) I can't see why not....but what would he represent (any other Mario character can't)?

IMO from the 6 most popular picks for the Mario series Waluigi is in 3rd:

Toad:
He's in last, and he can't represent anything different another character can't. He's minor role is even applied in the spin offs. His game wouldn't count, seeing as how Dr. Mario already represents the Puzzle genre for Smash...even if the Dr. is gone and be an alt. outfit for Mario, he's still Mario so the puzzle would be represented either way. Besides I hear Lip can represent the Puzzle genre much better.

Bowser Jr:
People call out Waluigi and Daisy as clones, just because they wear similar or same outfits as other characters, and for other reasons I won't waste my time on explaining. If all this counts for Waluigi and Daisy, with more reason Bowser Jr. is a clone...I mean he looks was close to Bowser and the only difference would be his age and the paintbrush....everything else is sooo the same as Bowser. My point is not that, but Boswer Jr. cannot represent anything different from his Father.

Birdo:
People will say she'd be another Yoshi clone. IMO Yoshi is her clone. Ok now she does have a chance seeing as how she can represent some of the Mario RPG's. Though she's minor like Toad, she can represent something different...Sure Geno and Mallow can as well, but they would'nt have to worry about Copyrights and all that stuff much for Birdo...She'd cost less in other words.

Waluigi:
He's now a regular ( Daisy as well) in the Mario spin offs. He can represent the Mario Spin Offs good enough. He can be (again) Luigi's rival and Wario's partner. However Wario is gone representing WarioWare so Waluigi would kind of look out of place. Another thing is he's not proven to be existant Canon-wise.

Geno:
He's soooo popular according to his fans. He won't be another Mario. He's been suggested and mentioned in Sakurai's journal. He can well represent the Mario RPG's. Thing against him is copyrights and all the stuff going with it. He's also a sidekick along with Mallow, and I highly doubt both of them will be in. Geno has higher chances.

Daisy:
She's real canon-wise, started her debut in Mario Land. She and Tatanga are the ones left to represent Mario Land (remember Wario is in WarioWare) She can better represent the spin offs seeing as how she is real canon-wise. Another thing is that her and Wario were the only ones to be in Melee as alternate outfits. Wario is in, where is Daisy?
How is Geno 2nd, when he is up there with Diddy and King Dedede competing over 2nd most desired Brawl character? Also I don't see how Toad would work, sure he's been in basically every Mario game since SMB, but I can't see a moveset. Daisy is nowhere as much desired for SSBB as Geno is. More people want Geno than Daisy, period This is how the list should look:

Geno
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Daisy
Toad
Birdo

That right there is a accurate list, but Toad and Daisy's spot are deabateable, and somewat Waluigi and Bowser Jr.'s. Simply put Geno is by far the most desired Mario character, and I think we can all agree on that.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ Red Maniac:
Dude, either use common sense or just pay attention. One of these you definitely aren't doing.

1) "Selling high" as in "selling a lot of a product".

2) I was talking about Pit or Ice Climbers or whatever other retro character makes it into Brawl.

3) How about you go back and reread what I said because you don't understand English or something. What I'm saying is pretty cut and dry.

4) Then the other more popular characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc.) will promote it for those who don't know who Pit is. And no, they're making Brawl to make a good game and they probably figure (being an ingenious business move in advertising) that they can put some lesser known characters in so people who play it and don't know who they are will go: "Hey who's this guy? Let me look him up. Oh, that looks like a fun game, I think I may buy it just to see why he's popular... That is a fun game, let me buy more of his games." That's another $100 for Nintendo. Multiply that by 100,000 and that's $10,000,000 more dollars in Nintendo's pocket.

5) And Nintendo really isn't restricting him, it's more technology that's making Nintendo restrict him. Let's say a disk only will hold... let's say 40 characters. Sakurai probably has a list of a billion characters but Nintendo says "There's only room for 40. Pick the ones that will make the fans happy but will also advertise well on their own." Waluigi is in all the games that Mario is in. If Mario promotes Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario (whatever), there really isn't a point to adding him in the roster. If Waluigi is getting his own game in the future than he has a REALLY strong chance of getting in. They did the same thing for Roy to promote a new Fire Emblem. But to the best of my knowledge, Waluigi doesn't have a game coming out, so he doesn't need to really be in this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Red Maniac:
Dude, either use common sense or just pay attention. One of these you definitely aren't doing.

1) "Selling high" as in "selling a lot of a product".

2) I was talking about Pit or Ice Climbers or whatever other retro character makes it into Brawl.

3) How about you go back and reread what I said because you don't understand English or something. What I'm saying is pretty cut and dry.

4) Then the other more popular characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc.) will promote it for those who don't know who Pit is. And no, they're making Brawl to make a good game and they probably figure (being an ingenious business move in advertising) that they can put some lesser known characters in so people who play it and don't know who they are will go: "Hey who's this guy? Let me look him up. Oh, that looks like a fun game, I think I may buy it just to see why he's popular... That is a fun game, let me buy more of his games." That's another $100 for Nintendo. Multiply that by 100,000 and that's $10,000,000 more dollars in Nintendo's pocket.

5) And Nintendo really isn't restricting him, it's more technology that's making Nintendo restrict him. Let's say a disk only will hold... let's say 40 characters. Sakurai probably has a list of a billion characters but Nintendo says "There's only room for 40. Pick the ones that will make the fans happy but will also advertise well on their own." Waluigi is in all the games that Mario is in. If Mario promotes Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario (whatever), there really isn't a point to adding him in the roster. If Waluigi is getting his own game in the future than he has a REALLY strong chance of getting in. They did the same thing for Roy to promote a new Fire Emblem. But to the best of my knowledge, Waluigi doesn't have a game coming out, so he doesn't need to really be in this.
I agrree, but I also sorta disagree. There are probably 45 characters more desired characters for SSBB then Waluigi. So in that aspect, and the aspect Waluigi doesn't have his own game I agree with you. But here is where I disagree with you, if Waluigi was in SSBB and was let's say a huge success, he could get his own title easily.

The problem with that is well the moveset. Honestly, making a good Waluigi moveset would be hard. I would have no clue how he would work, but if he's not playable I hope he at least makes a cameo appearance.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Just give Waluigi long limbs and have his special moves be based around bombs and construction worker eggplant attacks where his super smash attack is running over you with a bulldozer. Maybe one where he pulls out a pirahna plant to bite you in the ***.

...although that does seem a bit over the top.

At any rate, making movesets isn't too hard. It's not like they can't just make throw away moves that have little game basis like Peach's hip attack or Luigi's skullbash or Bowser's koopa claw or Falcon's everything.

Normals are based on his freakishly long limbs, of course.

(note: Still don't think Waluigi has particularly high chances for Brawl. Just throwing out that making up movesets for characters isn't a very difficult thing)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But the thing is, Waluigi really doesn't belong to HAL Laboratories. He belongs to Camelot and Nintendo and they should be the ones who really deside what he should/could do. As much as Sakurai is a genious, he shouldn't have the power to control Waluigi's fate. If he gave Waluigi a moveset that revolved around something specific (we'll go with Tiamat's suggestion of construction) then his next game would almost NEED to be based on construction. Otherwise if they don't, people will reject the Brawl version of him or reject the version of him in his game. Either of those is bad for Waluigi's image. THIS is why he needs to be in a game or two before being put in Brawl. Waluigi has a physical form, a face and a personality, but what he lacks is uniqueness.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Um.... Waluigi with construction isn't anything new. At all. And last I checked, Peach's new game that came after Melee didn't have her doing hip rushes and yanking out Toad as a bodyguard. I'm pretty darn sure Fox in Command or Assault or whichever game he was significantly playable with an expanded repertoire didn't have half the moves he had in SSBM, either.

Not that it matters.

Because Waluigi with construction isn't anything new.

(Btw, Waluigi doesn't belong to Camelot anymore. Camelot's been split from Nintendo for a while yet Waluigi in games after that hasn't been creditted to Camelot, as opposed to say, Geno in M&L being creditted to Square)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom