• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, I'm sick of this leak, and I hope it dies a burning death. Or there could be other newcomers I actually like. That would work to. I'm interested in how many characters on the leak list people actually want/wanted. For me, including the first leak, it's been 1/11.
Why do you feel so entitled to characters YOU like. Just because Viridi aint playable doesn't mean you have to adamantly tell everyone "DO YOU ALL HEAR ME? I HATE THIS LEEEEEAAAK!!!"

Everyone's here trying to figure out how legitimate it is, look for patterns in it, think of the source of the leaks, and then there's a couple of...well... butthurt visitors who drop in and tell everyone how much they hate the leak. If/when (probably when) these are all proven true will you be sick of real life as well? I'm sure you have plenty of characters in the game that you like. You have to like them all... They weren't all made for you. They're not required to pick characters you like/know of. It's plenty healthy to pick obscure characters (to no Japanese people) like the Glee Club kids since it'll have a Marth/Ness effect on other regions. I never heard of Fire Emblem when they chose Marth/Roy, but I'm an avid fan now and never skip out on an FE game.

Think of the positives. I've long ago accepted that these are most likely going to be in the roster and I've gotten over it immediately because there's no point to get all huffy over it. If you're just going to come here to complain and moan about the roster being "plagued with things you don't know", then I can assure you no one wants to really hear it.

Lets go back to speculating everything and trying to be productive in general.

Last edited:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Chrob better not have a counter move. Especially one for his down B.
Three generic counters is enough.
Four. Ike, Marth, Little Mac, and Greninja.

I was playing Xenoblade again recently and it's gotten me really excited for Shulk. Such a wealth of moves to choose from. I wonder if they'll keep the UK voice actors.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Four. Ike, Marth, Little Mac, and Greninja.

I was playing Xenoblade again recently and it's gotten me really excited for Shulk. Such a wealth of moves to choose from. I wonder if they'll keep the UK voice actors.
Lucario, Palutena...

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I think there's no more to discuss. We have to wait to the next Smash Direct (or PotD)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Why do you feel so entitled to characters YOU like. Just because Viridi aint playable doesn't mean you have to adamantly tell everyone "DO YOU ALL HEAR ME? I HATE THIS LEEEEEAAAK!!!"

Everyone's here trying to figure out how legitimate it is, look for patterns in it, think of the source of the leaks, and then there's a couple of...well... butthurt visitors who drop in and tell everyone how much they hate the leak. If/when (probably when) these are all proven true will you be sick of real life as well? I'm sure you have plenty of characters in the game that you like. You have to like them all... They weren't all made for you. They're not required to pick characters you like/know of. It's plenty healthy to pick obscure characters (to no Japanese people) like the Glee Club kids since it'll have a Marth/Ness effect on other regions. I never heard of Fire Emblem when they chose Marth/Roy, but I'm an avid fan now and never skip out on an FE game.

Think of the positives. I've long ago accepted that these are most likely going to be in the roster and I've gotten over it immediately because there's no point to get all huffy over it. If you're just going to come here to complain and moan about the roster being "plagued with things you don't know", then I can assure you no one wants to really hear it.

Lets go back to speculating everything and trying to be productive in general.
Oh, here we go again. Look, the thing is I was just curious as to how many people here would actually like it for this leak to be true alright? Why do you have have to go and act like that huh? I'm not yelling like a deranged maniac. You make it sound like I don't have a brain. And I'm perfectly fine with Viridi not being playable. Heck, I didn't even like her before she was deconfirmed.

I'm not just being bias about the characters I like for this leak to be true or not. I've never played Xenoblade, and I'm perfectly understanding with the fact that Shulk will probably be in this game. You really need to learn about what I do and what I don't know, because I've played Awakening, I've played Kid Icarus, I've played Pokemon X and Y, I've played Wii Fit, I've played Animal Crossing, I've played Punch Out. I know ALL of these characters. And I don't like the games that they are from. Did I ever say that the roster is "plagued with things I don't know"? I know EVERY character from the leak, and I know EVERY character that is currently on the roster. I'm not so fool that lives under a rock ok? Don't think I am.

And no, they're aren't several characters that I like in the roster. There are what? Three so far? I feel like I'm entitled to have as a player to have more then a tenth of the CONFIRMED roster for me to actually enjoy.

Don't act all high and mighty thinking that you have any clue about what I do and what I don't know. Because most of the things that you assumed about me were all actually wrong. Especially you're main argument about the roster being plagued with characters I have no idea who they are.

The big thing I would like to look at within the roster, is that I'd like to show that these choices don't make sense, because it looks like Sakurai wants to make a roster with fun move sets for him to create. Well for Chrom, I really don't see that happening, especially with the main fact that when he first saw Chrom, it was only his character design to go off of. Chorus Men seem like a mixture of Pac-Man and Game and Watch. And I don't think Sakurai would go through all the planning and tech work to have a three-person summoning character. I just don't see it.

That's why I don't like the leak. Chrom and Chorus Men don't seem like fun, appealing, and creative characters.
Especially Chrom, he is the most bland character I have seen out of the variety of Fire Emblem characters I have encountered.

Why not instead of attacking me you go and speculate. Instead of going of and saying "AHH THE LIGHT MUSIC CLUB NEEDS TO STOP MOANING."

Does it really make you feel all cool to get a bunch of likes from random strangers because you make mindless accusations and assumptions about someone you don't even know? Whatever, do what you want, I'm done speaking with you, because clearly I won't accomplish anything.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So people are hating on this leak because they don't like the characters included?

Also Light Music Club, no offense, but that long paragraph of text combined with the greens font make it look like someone sneezed on my screen.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
To you I will simply say this, don't come onto here just to complain about the leak or mention how bad the roster is if you aren't ready to get slack from other people. Doing that is just off topic and annoying.
What's annoying is that people make incorrect assumptions about me.

I'm just looking at the perspective of "do the choices make sense?" Don't we do that with every leak we speculate?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
That's why I don't like the leak. Chrom and Chorus Men don't seem like fun, appealing, and creative characters.
Especially Chrom, he is the most bland character I have seen out of the variety of Fire Emblem characters I have encountered.
Chorus Men could actually turn out to be a fairly unique and satisfying character, like G&W.

But yeah, I have no idea how they could make Chrom interesting in the slightest.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What's annoying is that people make incorrect assumptions about me.

I'm just looking at the perspective of "do the choices make sense?" Don't we do that with every leak we speculate?
You are going to use that argument in a gaming series that has brought R.O.B, Doctor Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, and Game and Watch into the mix?
Usually people don't understand Sakurai's choices until after he has made them, and he really puts in who ever he wants. By now people have fully accepted the leak, hell don't you remember seeing people say that the choices are TOO safe and that they make TOO much sense and thats why the leak is probably just a lucky guess? You aren't the first to complain about the choices, we get it. OMG Pacman sux, OMG chrom sux, OMG chorus men sux. There isn't a point to constantly bring it up.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
To talk about Chorus kids: this topic
To talk about users, message them.
To get a warning, keep posting off topic.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Considering that the leak said Chrom and not "FE:A Character", there is no way in which the FE slot could have been a placeholder at the time a Pokemon X and Y character was a placeholder. As for the redundancy argument, Chrom was already redundant to begin with due to Marth, whom he's more similar to due to being a Falchion-weilding royal youth, as opposed to Ike, who is a mercenary. Why on earth would Ike being in change anything?

The only way in which Chrom could have not made it in is if somehow we get a Rhythm Heaven character that isn't the Chorus Men, which is very unlikely.

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
The only way Chrom could be a bit different and interesting is if he is focused on air game. with Marth being changed to be more grounded focus it would make for a different playstyle.
With multiple move that give him great mobility in the air, maybe by making him a fast faller and very small landing lag on his aerials.

Also in FE:A Chrom is infamously known for jumping constantly, so it would fit.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I copied this from another thread but I think it equally applies to the Gematsu leak as it's a theory to do with the fact that we may get more characters than just the Gematsu one.

I'm fairly certain that the Gematsu newcomers are not all the newcomers we'll see. The potential inclusion of Chrom is a huge hint towards Metroid and Zelda newcomers (thanks to the Trophy Quiz in the Smash Direct)

If you think about it, the trophys in the direct were:

Tiki, Pseudo Palutena, King Kihunter and Fi.

Tiki was from Fire Emblem Awakening = Chrom (rumoured).
Pseudo Palutena was from Uprising (and basically a deformed Palutena) = Palutena.
King Kihunter was from Other M = Ridley (we already know it's his Other M look too).
Fi was from Skyward Sword = (Ghirahim??)

Each one of them specifically corresponds to the game that their respective newcomer comes from.

I might devise a roster based on my theory, I have a feeling it'll look near-perfect in terms of layout on A 51 roster (it will, unfortunately mean cuts though, and funnily enough there are 4 of them).

D

Deleted member

Isn't anyone slightly depressed sal gave us not 1 villain on that list?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Isn't anyone slightly depressed sal gave us not 1 villain on that list?
No not really, as I'm convinced the leaker is a marketing/advertising guy who was made aware of the newcomers they plan to reveal and hype up prerelease, while he was told nothing about the newcomers they plan to keep as secret unlockables (which is where villains usually go, especially since the new villains we could get this time have nothing to promote).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

So people are hating on this leak because they don't like the characters included?

Also Light Music Club, no offense, but that long paragraph of text combined with the greens font make it look like someone sneezed on my screen.
Literally the first day I registered here, I went through the preferences in my profile as I do any forum.

"Turn off colored text in all posts".

Thank me later.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I copied this from another thread but I think it equally applies to the Gematsu leak as it's a theory to do with the fact that we may get more characters than just the Gematsu one.

I'm fairly certain that the Gematsu newcomers are not all the newcomers we'll see. The potential inclusion of Chrom is a huge hint towards Metroid and Zelda newcomers (thanks to the Trophy Quiz in the Smash Direct)

If you think about it, the trophys in the direct were:

Tiki, Pseudo Palutena, King Kihunter and Fi.

Tiki was from Fire Emblem Awakening = Chrom (rumoured).
Pseudo Palutena was from Uprising (and basically a deformed Palutena) = Palutena.
King Kihunter was from Other M = Ridley (we already know it's his Other M look too).
Fi was from Skyward Sword = (Ghirahim??)

Each one of them specifically corresponds to the game that their respective newcomer comes from.

I might devise a roster based on my theory, I have a feeling it'll look near-perfect in terms of layout on A 51 roster (it will, unfortunately mean cuts though, and funnily enough there are 4 of them).
I would love if that's actually true but i don't think so... why? cause is way too good to be true (we know that that never happens) :drshrug:

To talk about Chorus kids: this topic
To talk about users, message them.
To get a warning, keep posting off topic.
Well... people are talking about the Sal leak here (that includes Chorus Kids) so we are not out of topic :dr^_^:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well... people are talking about the Sal leak here (that includes Chorus Kids) so we are not out of topic :dr^_^:
Talking about a characters movesets and whether or not they fit in Smash and talking about the leak are different things. There's a whole thread full of people wishing to discuss Chorus Kids, which Hong directed those who wish to do so to.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This leak is pretty believable now.

Just a question on my mind, did this leak involve them saying they are considering kicking ness or lucas?

Or am i mistaking it for another leak?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So forgive me for doing this, but this thread moves quickly and often goes off topic, so I have a feeling few people actually saw this. I'd actually really like to hear holes in this theory, as I believe it explains everything that has happened so far without guaranteeing the remaining 3 chars...

My post from a few pages back:
Working theory. Take a step back and consider this/shoot it down, please.

1. Leaker had access to pre-E3 2013 information somehow. Knew Megaman, WFT, and Villager were coming, and knew how hard those would be to guess. (this doesn't exactly explain "Animal Crossing Guy", but bear with me)
2. Leaker either tries to cover himself, or just wants to screw with us and throws on 3 very likely other chars that won't be revealed at the event.
3. Leaker didn't have any information before the Smash Direct, but knew (like the rest of us) that a char or 2 was going to be revealed. So he puts a list of 4 more very likely chars with 1 oddball (again either to screw with us or cover himself). This would explain the general "Pokemon from X/Y" placeholder. So now he has a list of 8 unconfirmed chars, 7 of which form about the most likely "net" of chars that is possible, for reasons I've posted before.
4. Leaker had access (as did some other people I've heard) to the pre-2014 E3 press release and actively changed the original Mii name to "Mii Fighters" (I can't think of a reason their name would change in development if they had ever been planned to be shown at E3 2013). Also saw 2 other chars on his list to be revealed, so only added unprovable conjecture about Ness/Lucas (won't be disproven if they are both cut or both revealed).

This, imo, covers how the original leak occurred, and how it could still be at least partly a guess. Essentially, the leaker is possibly some form of an advertising person, hacker, or related professional that has known about the e3 material, but is not directly part of the game design.

If I'm wrong about the Smash Direct, and the leaker did have some sort of info about Smash Run, it's possible he saw the Rhythm Heaven enemy in footage that we didn't see, and added "Chorus Men" in... again as a guess.

I think this is an entirely possible explanation to everything that has occurred, and justifies how he missed Rosalina, didn't get Greninja's name (but got most others right), and why it has always felt like an incredibly broad guess after the first 3, to me. If this IS the case, then Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men aren't locked in for this still... The Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run is a potential clue to a series rep, but nothing is set on the truth of that or who would rep.

For this reason, I am asking this board to not be too quick to forgive this leak if somebody OTHER than Chrom or Chorus Men were revealed to rep their games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even though the Sal leak is clearly a legitimate leak, in that he has inside information...

I still honestly doubt that Chrom is in the game.
That sounds like denial. Why pick and choose?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So forgive me for doing this, but this thread moves quickly and often goes off topic, so I have a feeling few people actually saw this. I'd actually really like to hear holes in this theory, as I believe it explains everything that has happened so far without guaranteeing the remaining 3 chars...

My post from a few pages back:
Working theory. Take a step back and consider this/shoot it down, please.

1. Leaker had access to pre-E3 2013 information somehow. Knew Megaman, WFT, and Villager were coming, and knew how hard those would be to guess. (this doesn't exactly explain "Animal Crossing Guy", but bear with me)
2. Leaker either tries to cover himself, or just wants to screw with us and throws on 3 very likely other chars that won't be revealed at the event.
3. Leaker didn't have any information before the Smash Direct, but knew (like the rest of us) that a char or 2 was going to be revealed. So he puts a list of 4 more very likely chars with 1 oddball (again either to screw with us or cover himself). This would explain the general "Pokemon from X/Y" placeholder. So now he has a list of 8 unconfirmed chars, 7 of which form about the most likely "net" of chars that is possible, for reasons I've posted before.
4. Leaker had access (as did some other people I've heard) to the pre-2014 E3 press release and actively changed the original Mii name to "Mii Fighters" (I can't think of a reason their name would change in development if they had ever been planned to be shown at E3 2013). Also saw 2 other chars on his list to be revealed, so only added unprovable conjecture about Ness/Lucas (won't be disproven if they are both cut or both revealed).

This, imo, covers how the original leak occurred, and how it could still be at least partly a guess. Essentially, the leaker is possibly some form of an advertising person, hacker, or related professional that has known about the e3 material, but is not directly part of the game design.

If I'm wrong about the Smash Direct, and the leaker did have some sort of info about Smash Run, it's possible he saw the Rhythm Heaven enemy in footage that we didn't see, and added "Chorus Men" in... again as a guess.

I think this is an entirely possible explanation to everything that has occurred, and justifies how he missed Rosalina, didn't get Greninja's name (but got most others right), and why it has always felt like an incredibly broad guess after the first 3, to me. If this IS the case, then Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men aren't locked in for this still... The Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run is a potential clue to a series rep, but nothing is set on the truth of that or who would rep.

For this reason, I am asking this board to not be too quick to forgive this leak if somebody OTHER than Chrom or Chorus Men were revealed to rep their games.
This was technically possible... Until we saw a RH enemy in Smash Run. I'd wager that the source is probably some kind of sales rep, or involved in marketing so he'd have to know about the newcomers that are going to be announced and marketed. So he may not know ones that remain locked (like Lucario for Brawl).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom