• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think the Ness-Lucas debate lowers this guy's credibility. All character debates would be done long ago.
Unless they were debating which one to finish and polish up for game release and which one they wanted to save for planned DLC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why would they already have planned DLC four months before the game is out?
That's how the big companies do it, most DLC is planned out since launch. Kind of a **** move meant to nickel and dime people, but it is what it is.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
That's how the big companies do it, most DLC is planned out since launch. Kind of a **** move meant to nickel and dime people, but it is what it is.
True. I guess it could be that, but I just don't think they would already have DLC planned. Nintendo normally doesn't do it like that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I would be the saddest panda if Lucas was cut and we only had 1 Mother rep. I told the Nintendo reps that when I went to smash fest yesterday. They looked at me with a face that said they had no idea what MOTHER was. I fear for the NintenFuture.
The fact that Mother 3 was mentioned in the Robot Chicken bit makes me think he won't be cut.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe the reason for the delay from Summer to October is to place Lucas in...?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
And at the same time, i, along with other, WANT MK8 DLC because the roster was subpar.

EDIT- to keep on topic, I wouldn't mind DLC for Smash, especially with more characters

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well.
Rhythm Heaven Enemies are confirmed to appear in smash run.
Any doubt I may have had is gone. I am 100% sure that Sal-Romano is legitimate.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Mario Golf had DLC available at launch. DAY ONE DLC.... so maybe I don't have as much faith in Nintendo's business practices as you.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...f_world_tour_dlc_pricing_and_release_schedule
I forgot about Mario Golf. But that was a little different. Mario Golf was cheaper than the average game, and the DLC made it about the standard price. This is a full price game, where if they had DLC, they would obviously be trying to make us spend a lot more money than we would normally be spending.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
So is it safe to say we have the full roster?

Confirmed characters + unconfirmed veterans + Gematsu Leak + Rosalina - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas and Snake = 47 characters + random.

From what I've seen, 48 is a perfect fit on both the Wii U and 3DS character select screens.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So is it safe to say we have the full roster?

Confirmed characters + unconfirmed veterans + Gematsu Leak + Rosalina - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas and Snake = 47 characters + random.

From what I've seen, 48 is a perfect fit on both the Wii U and 3DS character select screens.
I still wouldn't say that just yet. I do agree with the 48 you've listed (the cut to Lucas is painful for me) but i still think we could see one or two more.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not safe to say until the final roster is revealed. The Gematsu characters are beyond likely at this point, but we don't know if more surprises are on the way.

Plus, the Ness VS Lucas thing outright implies(especially if he found this out recently) that they haven't fully decided on the roster. It's hard to say. Also, the Mii Fighters idea had to be really early on(after Mii was changed to that specific idea) for him to have "early information only".

I'm not counting out a 50(or more) roster just yet.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I'd rather they introduce completely new characters through the DLC, rather than re-release characters they had already cut from the roster.
It's not safe to say until the final roster is revealed. The Gematsu characters are beyond likely at this point, but we don't know if more surprises are on the way.

Plus, the Ness VS Lucas thing outright implies(especially if he found this out recently) that they haven't fully decided on the roster. It's hard to say. Also, the Mii Fighters idea had to be really early on(after Mii was changed to that specific idea) for him to have "early information only".

I'm not counting out a 50(or more) roster just yet.
Go watch the Digital Event again. Sakurai says that at this point the game is pretty much complete. I honestly doubt they're debating roster at this point. What's more likely, especially given the track record of the leak missing dates more often than not, is that the leaker's info is aggregated over time and then sent to Sal right before an event, or is simply out of date.

I doubt the debate for Lucas' spot in the roster is still undecided, it was probably decided a while ago.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I'd rather they introduce completely new characters through the DLC, rather than re-release characters they had already cut from the roster.
Better to have both, really. The more the merrier.

Go watch the Digital Event again. Sakurai says that at this point the game is pretty much complete. I honestly doubt they're debating roster at this point. What's more likely, especially given the track record of the leak missing dates more often than not, is that the leaker's info is aggregated over time and then sent to Sal right before an event, or is simply out of date.

I doubt the debate for Lucas' spot in the roster is still undecided, it was probably decided a while ago.
Don't need to see it. The information is good enough on its own. Thanks.

There's some rumors that Ridley was talked about, where he "apparently" needed about two months to be finished. Not sure if that has any credibility. Anyway, it's worth noting, and I think it's fair to say all the newcomers(even those not among the link) could still show up, not counting DLC. Rosalina is outright proof we don't know all of them. She could be the only one not listed, respectively, though.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Better to have both, really. The more the merrier.

Don't need to see it. The information is good enough on its own. Thanks.

There's some rumors that Ridley was talked about, where he "apparently" needed about two months to be finished. Not sure if that has any credibility. Anyway, it's worth noting, and I think it's fair to say all the newcomers(even those not among the link) could still show up, not counting DLC. Rosalina is outright proof we don't know all of them. She could be the only one not listed, respectively, though.
Source on those Ridley rumors?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Yeah yeah, surely it was. :rolleyes:

I am listening to the DKC3 soundtrack now... How I wish they would give us a rep for that game, be it Dixie Kong or King K. Rool.
Hi I'm ba-oh.
Mhmm, they did massive changes to both Mario and Palutena models. Hahahaha does it even matter.
Yes It seems unrelated to topic but what I am trying to say is be freaking careful with leaks. Yes Palutena was playable but even if she wasn't playable that leak would still exist. It had next to every body fooled. It's still possible for this one. This warning is geared towards picture leaks so yeah.
But this leak got tons more right so... I think it's probably legit. Not 100% but still.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The fact that Mother 3 was mentioned in the Robot Chicken bit makes me think he won't be cut.
I wouldn't read too much into it. I think it was more of a reference to how Reggie has been flooded with emails from North American Mother fans on a daily basis for the past eight years to localize Mother 3, not to mention how often it gets brought up in major interviews with him.

Shroob

Sup?
So, now I think the question remains to be asked...

How many people are alright with a potential roster of 47? To me, it's above what I expected to be honest, so I'm pretty content.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
So, now I think the question remains to be asked...

How many people are alright with a potential roster of 47? To me, it's above what I expected to be honest, so I'm pretty content.
That number's completely fine, but I don't really like the way they're filling it up assuming the rest of the Gematsu leak is true.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Weird thought: there is the off chance that all the newcomers leaked are in the starting roster. Brawl's had 12 newcomers after all. A lot of people are coming up with the 48 number because of the other rumor and Sal's leaker has yet to disclose a final number. Discounting the two new third party characters, this would mean that SSB4's starting roster would have 10 if everyone was available from the start. Added to this, it's already been confirmed that Villager, WFT, Rosalina, and Little Mac are in the starting roster and it's very strongly implied that nearly all the characters shown so far are available from the start so it's not completely farfetched. On the other hand, I suppose this could also be used to argue the likelihood of DLC, seeing how a good chunk of the newcomers are from franchises entirely new to Smash, leaving only a handful from popular existing ones.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Weird thought: there is the off chance that all the newcomers leaked are in the starting roster. Brawl's had 12 newcomers after all. A lot of people are coming up with the 48 number because of the other rumor and Sal's leaker has yet to disclose a final number. Discounting the two new third party characters, this would mean that SSB4's starting roster would have 10 if everyone was available from the start. Added to this, it's already been confirmed that Villager, WFT, Rosalina, and Little Mac are in the starting roster and it's very strongly implied that nearly all the characters shown so far are available from the start so it's not completely farfetched. On the other hand, I suppose this could also be used to argue the likelihood of DLC, seeing how a good chunk of the newcomers are from franchises entirely new to Smash, leaving only a handful from popular existing ones.
I think they're promoting these characters more because all of them except Mega Man have appeared in games since Brawl and they sold decently well.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
It looks like the starting roster might be different in each game. Link/Toon Link is the biggest clue for that. It's possible each character in the Sal leak is in one of the starting rosters. Shulk, Chorus Men and Chrom might be secret for the 3DS version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Considering Sakurai messes with the starting/hidden roster as is, like with Falcon and Ness switching off to Hidden > Starter > Hidden, there doesn't seem to be any real pattern.

DLC is likely anyway, namely cause of the leak. Paid is another thing. However...

@salromano: He never spoke of anything but characters entirely at any time, right? If that's so, it can be safe to assume he meant Character DLC specifically. You did get in that context, right?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I wouldn't read too much into it. I think it was more of a reference to how Reggie has been flooded with emails from North American Mother fans on a daily basis for the past eight years to localize Mother 3, not to mention how often it gets brought up in major interviews with him.
You figure he'd take the hint and localize the thing.

Hell, the guys over at Starmen.net were 100% willing to hand over all the localization they did for Mother 3. Like, all the hard work is pretty much done. It'd cost them a pittance to get it into a format that's playable, and they love profits, naturally. The amount of profit they'd generate at that point would just be ridiculous.

So, really, if they're tired of hearing it, they should call up Tomato and friggin' get it done.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You figure he'd take the hint and localize the thing.

Hell, the guys over at Starmen.net were 100% willing to hand over all the localization they did for Mother 3. Like, all the hard work is pretty much done. It'd cost them a pittance to get it into a format that's playable, and they love profits, naturally. The amount of profit they'd generate at that point would just be ridiculous.

So, really, if they're tired of hearing it, they should call up Tomato and friggin' get it done.
It might come to the Wii U VC at some point. Earthbound on the VC sold way beyond expectations so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened by the end of the Wii U's life cycle.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm kind of thinking personally that the 3DS CSS might be two pages that you can scroll between. If there's DLC, it kind of would have to or it wouldn't fit otherwise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think a Rhythm Heaven enemy being in Smash Run helps Chorus Men's chances.
It means Rhythm Heaven is represented. It does nothing more than hints at them being in the game. It can't hurt their chances, after all. Also, Marshall is possible instead of them. We really don't know if it was Chorus Men or Chorus Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom