• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know about that really. It could just as well have been developers oversight by not removing the Sneaky Spirit's from the demo build, from the looks of things, there are a ton of them after all. And they have hidden quite a few things before officially revealing said character and whatnot. Such as Little Mac and the Punch Out version of the Boxing Ring.
I doubt it's an oversight, that'd be quite unprofessional. They were likely intentionally left it, probably just for the heck of it honestly, they probably don't think anyone would speculate a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Come to think of it...
There aren't any Punch Out enemies either. Not that I could think of one, but still.

I do think that the franchises with enemies will be represented with a character, barring generic Smash Bros enemies (which actually can be tied to Mii Fighter). This means that Rhythm Heaven will probably get a playable character. And no, Dig Dug will not be in the game. Those enemies are in Pac-Man World too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I doubt it's an oversight, that'd be quite unprofessional. They were likely intentionally left it, probably just for the heck of it honestly, they probably don't think anyone would speculate a Rhythm Heaven rep.
Then they don't know the Smash Bros fanbase. :rolleyes:

If you say so then.... Still kinda feel that was probably the case but oh well... :/

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Nope Sakurai left it in troll moments purpose he knows about the Gemtsu Leak Most likely so its like a thank you present saying LOL YOU GUYS WHO DIDN'T THINK IT WAS TRUE WELL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLSMX:joyful::laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
I believe that it is an oversight; the Gematsu leak is fairly notable, if they were aware of the Palutena leak, there is NO way that they are not aware of this person leaking all of their E3 characters for a year. I do not even really believe that it is unprofessional either, it is a reasonable over-sight, one enemy in Smash Run. It is not as though they had an entire area based on Rhythm Heaven games or something.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it...
There aren't any Punch Out enemies either. Not that I could think of one, but still.

I do think that the franchises with enemies will be represented with a character, barring generic Smash Bros enemies (which actually can be tied to Mii Fighter). This means that Rhythm Heaven will probably get a playable character. And no, Dig Dug will not be in the game. Those enemies are in Pac-Man World too.
This is just a joke, but how about Great Tigers as Smash Run enemies? :troll:
He can make copies of himself!

D

Deleted member

Not sure if I've posted this here, but I have a theory on why Rosalina was not leaked.

The first leak stated that Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-man would be revealed at E3 2013.
The second leak was posted before the Smash Direct, a significant news source for Smash info.
Rosalina was revealed during the December Direct (was it December?) which occurred after E3 2013, and before the Smash Direct.

Rosalina was not leaked because she didn't need to be leaked.

I'm under the assumption the leaker is going off of outdated info for the first leak. I think that the original plan for E3, which was leaked by Sal's tipper, was going to be those 6 (Killager, Mega Man, Miss Fit, Mac, Mii, and Waka waka) were to be revealed at E3. I think Sal's tipper had the info for the other 5 characters (Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men, and X/Y Pokeman) before E3, but since none of those characters were to be revealed at E3, he didn't mention them. (Maybe he abides by some bizarre moral code or something) Rosalina was never planned to be revealed at E3. There was no significant news event or press conference or anything noteworthy pertaining to Smash Bros. between E3, and the Smash Direct. (which hadn't been announced yet) Nintendo Directs just release general Nintendo info, not specific to any one game, so posting a Smash specific leak before one of them just seems strange. December happens, Rosalina is confirmed, then Smash Direct happens. Tipper decides to leak info. He doesn't mention Rosalina not because he didn't know, but because he didn't have to. Nintendo confirmed her already. I get the feeling that if Rosalina was not revealed before the Smash Direct, she would be a part of leak 2. Think about it. Would you say "Oh yeah, I knew about her." or say an already confirmed newcomer would be in the game after her reveal? No. It makes you look less credible as a leak.

This is just what I think, feel free to prove me wrong, discuss, do whatever you want.

:4pacman:

This is just a joke, but how about Great Tigers as Smash Run enemies? :troll:
He can make copies of himself!
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Last post I will make about this since it's off-topic, but the best thing about Great Tigers as enemies?
Every time you kill one you get "AI YOOOOH". :awesome:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
BluePsychic Well If that was true what was the point of Revealing Mac in February after Rosalina then? seems odd to me

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I believe that it is an oversight; the Gematsu leak is fairly notable, if they were aware of the Palutena leak, there is NO way that they are not aware of this person leaking all of their E3 characters for a year. I do not even really believe that it is unprofessional either, it is a reasonable over-sight, one enemy in Smash Run. It is not as though they had an entire area based on Rhythm Heaven games or something.
So following along this thread... how likely is it that there are enemies from many franchises that aren't repped by a playable char (like there are AT's), but they decided to show the RH one to screw with us?

I mean honestly, it's not like it'd be the first time....

D

Deleted member

BluePsychic Well If that was true what was the point of Revealing Mac in February after Rosalina then? seems odd to me
Nintendo decided to reveal Mac later I dunno. That's not the point. The point is that they were originally planned to be revealed at E3, but they had a change of plans and only revealed half, and Rosalina was not leaked because she was already confirmed/never planned to be revealed at E3.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Y'know, this may-or-may-not be offtopic, but I remember @ BKupa666 BKupa666 specifically mentioning that this game will have, as all Smash games do, bias toward Sakurai's franchises. He, in particular, mentioned how Kid Icarus Uprising will probably get several elements and outshine the other franchises.

And look at all of those Uprising enemies in Smash Run. :p Sakurai is predictable, in his weird little ways.

BurnStuff

Smash Rookie
I just have a hard time figuring why they wouldn't at least try to round out the roster at 50.
I also find it hard to believe that, if the roster was in fact set in stone from the beginning of development, they would aim for a weird number like 47 rather than just rounding it off.

Unless there are 3 cut characters that they didn't end up finishing or something. Maybe they're going to be DLC?

D

Deleted member

I also find it hard to believe that, if the roster was in fact set in stone from the beginning of development, they would aim for a weird number like 47 rather than just rounding it off.

Unless there are 3 cut characters that they didn't end up finishing or something. Maybe they're going to be DLC?
Why is Brawl's roster 39? That's a weird number. Why didn't they just round it at 40?

Khoru

Smash Champion
Y'know, this may-or-may-not be offtopic, but I remember @ BKupa666 BKupa666 specifically mentioning that this game will have, as all Smash games do, bias toward Sakurai's franchises. He, in particular, mentioned how Kid Icarus Uprising will probably get several elements and outshine the other franchises.

And look at all of those Uprising enemies in Smash Run. :p Sakurai is predictable, in his weird little ways.
fair, but we've seen very little from kirby
like, not even a stage yet (halberd doesn't count)

not to say there's not a ****ton of KI enemies but

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, there were 35 character slots + random, which is nice and even.

Now that everyone has their own slot, there's really no excuse.
47 + random box = 48 slots.

Nice and even. It becomes uneven if you round it off at 50; 50 + random box, 51 slots.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

There might not even be a second Kid Icarus character if it weren't for Sakurai's documented history of self-serving bias.

Had people not deemed a Kid Icarus newcomer a shoo-in solely on the basis of "they're in a new game developed by Sakurai," the characters' fanbases would have probably grown much more slowly, and they would have had a much steeper uphill battle to get into the game. People wouldn't have bent over backwards for years and years to justify every last droplet of content the game received with "Oh, it's such a good game!" or "Sakurai should add whatever he wants to his project!" or "He didn't do XYZ with Kirby, that means he's wholly unbiased everywhere else!"

Sakurai might have added one of his babies anyway, but he wouldn't have had the excuse of "popularity" if his bias hadn't resulted in said popularity skyrocketing in the first place.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well I've repeatedly said in this thread that Palutena was by far the easiest character to guess once Smash 4 was announced.

And you know what? I think Kid Icarus: Uprising is an amazing game and deserves the recognition, so I'm ok with it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
What I like about this leak is that it mentions Shulk which hopefully means we can get some of the awesome Xenoblade music.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
So I've got a craaazy idea here.

Two pages of characters. Even with odd numbers, you could have two pages of even characters. My point is, I don't think how many characters fit into neat rows on a screen is the deciding factor of how many get in. They can make the character select look however they want to accommodate the number of characters.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You might want to replay Mother 3 sometime soon.

How can they not legally take the translation?Where does legal anything fit into that?

Directly from the Mother 3 Fan Translation Blog a year or so ago.

There's nothing legal about it. The guys are willing to offer it to them for free.

Are you referring to them wanting to shut down the fan translation? Who cares? We'll have the actual game on a real Nintendo console/handheld and you can buy it for $10. I guarantee you most of the people that played the fan translation didn't own the original Japanese cart anyway, and most of the people that wanted to play the fan translation have played it already, so what's it hurting? Pretty much no-one, 'cause at the end of the day, the localization is still being used by Nintendo, so that work isn't being lost.
I'm not sure all the logistics behind it, but it sets a precedent. If a fan group wants another japanese only game, let's say an early fire emblem, to get translated and offers their translation to Nintendo and they don't take it, the FE fans could turn around and say, "well, you took the Mother 3 translation, why not ours?" It then gets quite messy. So to avoid these kinds of situations, Nintendo won't take it. I believe that's why they also claim Operation Rainfall wasn't responsible for bringing Xenoblade (and the other 2 games) here and that they would've come over anyways, though we all KNOW that one is bull.

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen any definitive proof that either are fake. Wasn't the Palutena leak also proven to be "fake"?
Nope, the Palutena leak was never proven fake. Someone came forward and attempted to claim they had faked the screens using Brawl mods, but not everything added up to the original leaked pictures.

These two, however, have been debunked for a while now.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I haven't seen any definitive proof that either are fake. Wasn't the Palutena leak also proven to be "fake"?
The picture of Chrom is a shopped picture of Marth with a different background. The one of Shulk is taken directly from a Xenoblade screenshot.

The one of Palutena was fake, just very, very good. She ended up in anyway and she didn't look like she did in the "leak".

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm not sure all the logistics behind it, but it sets a precedent. If a fan group wants another japanese only game, let's say an early fire emblem, to get translated and offers their translation to Nintendo and they don't take it, the FE fans could turn around and say, "well, you took the Mother 3 translation, why not ours?" It then gets quite messy. So to avoid these kinds of situations, Nintendo won't take it. I believe that's why they also claim Operation Rainfall wasn't responsible for bringing Xenoblade (and the other 2 games) here and that they would've come over anyways, though we all KNOW that one is bull.
Well, see, we can flip that around as well. Why NOT take all the fan translations? A lot of the issues with games coming over here is that localization is a lengthy and expensive process. If a couple hundred fans or something want to sift through all the text and translate it, put it all together in a neat, organized manner, and hand it over to Nintendo, they SHOULD use the fan translation. Nintendo gets profit with minimal loss, fans get the game they wanted, new fans are introduced and brought into the series, long term gains are increased as a result of future series releases. Everyone wins.

There is literally nothing negative I can see about everyone getting what they want, except having to pay for it, and Nintendo can make that right by giving the participating translators free copies of the game. That of which motivates multilingual people to make genuine contributions to future fan translations, which means more Japanese exclusive games get released over here, which means more games are getting released in fiscal years, which means more profits for Nintendo, which means higher stock and greater shareholder confidence, which means more money to make more great games.. so on and so forth.

At the very least, they could take it and remain hush-hush about it, and no problems come of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it funny that the thing that ends up proving the Palutena leak false is Palutena being confirmed as a playable character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find it funny that the thing that ends up proving the Palutena leak false is Palutena being confirmed as a playable character.
Yeah, Palutena's final model COULD have been an updated version of the original leaked model, but it looks way too different to merely have been "updated" more from the original. It is incredibly ironic.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It was going to be 38, but then SEGA finally approved Nintendo's request.
Actually if you consider the forbidden 7 that were most likely cut to make room for Sonic? We'd probably have a bigger Brawl roster WITHOUT Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom