• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know that feel, but... we have to cut our losses.
Yep. Frankly, I'm only upset that they didn't skip the Miis today, and reveal Shulk instead, so I can sit here and count my blessings, and use that to feel for the newcomers I want that I now have to (probably vainly) hope are DLC.

...And hope Mewtwo makes it. Damn it. When will it end? Now I have to sit around speculating Shulk for another two months, and cling to hope we're getting six Pokemon. Sigh.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Honestly, since Sal didn't leak any new characters this time, and with the news that there's gonna be DLC...

We might have another Mario Kart 8 on our hands.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Elaborate?
I'm presuming "cut characters at the last minute for other concepts being added back in via DLC."

This of course is based on that apparently leaked MK8 DLC roster, with Diddy (who was admitted to be cut due to Koopalings taking too much goddamn space), Plessie, E.Gadd, etc.

Much more hype than the base roster, not gonna lie.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gonna be perfectly honest.

...I'd take it. I'd pay whatever it takes to not have to stress about another newcomer ever again...

Edit: To be even more honest, that would be something I'd feel terrible for, and I'd probably fall out of Smash speculation forever after that, and the series in general.

But at least I'd have K. Rool and Rids. At long last...

Last edited:

Light-Kratos

Smash Cadet
It's impressive how yesterday I was 95% sure this leak was a fake and the reveals were just lucky coincidences, and today I'm 95% sure that it's legit.
I also kinda didn't want to believe it because I'd rather play a game without Miis and Pac-man...

The only expectations I have now are slightly different newcomers (Chorus men -> something else more interesting), an unrevealed newcomer like Ridley and a good amout of vets.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So far the Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac-Man were unveiled during E3. Guess that's just left with Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Kids, but will the remaining be unveiled at E3 or a later date?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's impressive how yesterday I was 95% sure this leak was a fake and the reveals were just lucky coincidences, and today I'm 95% sure that it's legit.
I also kinda didn't want to believe it because I'd rather play a game without Miis and Pac-man...

The only expectations I have now are slightly different newcomers (Chorus men -> something else more interesting), an unrevealed newcomer like Ridley and a good amout of vets.
Last night I was saying to myself: "I really, really hope they don't announce Miis and Pac-Man tomorrow. They're just...not hype. (Although the way he did Pac-Man is kinda hype.) But they...probably will. When else?" Sigh.

**** my life. Oh well, at least the concepts turned interesting. Mii designs still creep me out, though.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I didn't place a lot of stock in this before, but seriously, no one is this lucky. Consider what it means if he's lying. If that's the case, he was a fool to post any of this and should have taken a trip to Vegas; not a single one of his core predictions has been contradicted in all this time while he's predicted every newcomer except Rosalina in advance (and he said nothing to exclude her!). The contradictions on things like naming are basically jokes (remember everything is filtered through Japanese to English translation at some point which taken literally can easily turn a hint into the location of a magical key into 10TH ENEMY HAS THE BOMB), and some minor errors in timing are pretty easily handwaved given that every point of substance so far has been completely spot-on. At this point, he's just hit too much right to be a liar.

I have a further personal prediction, and most of you won't like it. I think Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men are real, and I also think they're probably the only remaining newcomers [at best one more we don't know about] and further likely won't be seen at all pre-release since they may be secret characters. Most of Brawl's cast probably returns, and while the results are set in stone by now, I don't think this leaker actually knows which of them return as I think his information is extremely old and some of those decisions weren't actually made at the time he got his info (like whether Ness or Lucas would return... or which XY Pokemon would be in). The leaker has probably told us almost everything he knows by now so I wouldn't look for new info, but given that newcomers need a lot more design work than veterans, it would not surprise me at all if they were locked in earlier in development...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well that was a surprise and a half. This makes me wonder what other newcomers are left, outside of the last 3 mentioned above.

Even if I wasn't too bothered about Pac-Man being playable, at the very least, I'm glad that they kept his original 3D appearance from Pac-Man World.

I didn't like the redesign at all in his recent appearances. The difference is minor, but the human eyes put me off. As well as the kiddy voice they gave him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Gonna be perfectly honest.

...I'd take it. I'd pay whatever it takes to not have to stress about another newcomer ever again...

Edit: To be even more honest, that would be something I'd feel terrible for, and I'd probably fall out of Smash speculation forever after that, and the series in general.

But at least I'd have K. Rool and Rids. At long last...
I don't generally go for dlc....but if Isaac or Mewtwo appear as dlc I'll be throwing my money at the screen. Absolutely no shame.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
So going by this leak it seems that the final roster will most likely be all Brawl veterans except for Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Lucas. Along with Chorus Men, Shulk, and Chrom as the final newcomers. There is DLC, so there may be more characters released over time. Keep an eye out for the Nintendo Directs after release, there may be more trailers.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm back and Jesus the info. I would say these character announcements help me believe the leak, but really these were safe.
Also I freaking told you bout that Palutena leak that model is different.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm back and Jesus the info. I would say these character announcements help me believe the leak, but really these were safe.
Also I freaking told you bout that Palutena leak that model is different.
I'm sure that guessing Villager, Mega Man, WII FIT TRAINER, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, X&Y Pokemon (Greninja), and Palutena was PURE coincidence.

The real reason people don't want to believe this leak is Lucas, but honestly I think he had a low chance of returning anyway. MOTHER isn't that important a series (especially now that it's cancelled) and the slot can go to a more important character like Shulk.

Last edited:

Laxberry

Smash Rookie
What is the third Sal leak? I know the first one is with Mii, Little Mac, Packman, Wii Fit Trainor, Megaman, and Villager

The second one is XY Pokemon, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Palutena.

But what is the third leak?

Staarih

Smash Master
What is the third Sal leak? I know the first one is with Mii, Little Mac, Packman, Wii Fit Trainor, Megaman, and Villager

Here:

"Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)"

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader

Lucas possibly cut
DLC
and MAYBE Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Kids/Marshal

Speaking of Shulk, Chrom, and Marshal? Should we expect them later?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just realized I don't have any newcomers left to look forward to. Shulk is nice, but eh. Chrom is terrible and Chorus Kid isn't really exciting :|

Though none of the characters in the second part of the leak was confirmed (Yes, Palutena was, but the leak of Smash 3DS photos made it obvious she was in).

Oh well, maybe I will be surprised in August, but I am not expecting for anyone other than the said characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Honestly, I'm convinced that if the leak had stated Lebron James would be a character, and he was confirmed, naysayers would be saying "it was safe guess!".

Get real people. We're all getting tired of your parroting. After 8 correct guesses it qualifies as more than a giant collection of random safe guesses.

Was Palutena a safe guess? Maybe? Is it likely that anyone person would get 8 safe guesses in a row with no de-confirmation of any claim yet in sight? Seriously, it almost makes me angry IRL the kind of lame hindsight-based excuses I'm seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, I'm convinced that if the leak had stated Lebron James would be a character, and he was confirmed, they would be saying "it was safe guess".

Get real people. We're all getting tired of your parroting. After 8 correct guesses it qualifies as more than a giant collection of random safe guesses.
We sort of did get him

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have a feeling that Sal's source had supremely dated information otherwise why would he not mention Rosalina at all?

Sakurai stated that all characters were picked at the beginning of development. If he got his information at the same time why would he not have said Rosalina was coming before the direct? That's a hang up for me.

Really Sal's leak's true holding points aren't even Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac Man, Palutena, etc.

It's that he guessed Wii Fit Trainer and correctly got the right term for Mii's in Mii Fighter. If it weren't for that I'd have written it off and a luck of guessing very likely newcomer all stars.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that Sal's source had supremely dated information otherwise why would he not mention Rosalina at all?

Sakurai stated that all characters were picked at the beginning of development. If he got his information at the same time why would he not have said Rosalina was coming before the direct? That's a hang up for me.

Really Sal's leak's true holding points aren't even Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac Man, Palutena, etc.

It's that he guessed Wii Fit Trainer and correctly got the right term for Mii's in Mii Fighter. If it weren't for that I'd have written it off and a luck of guessing very likely newcomer all stars.
This. This is why I'm still holding out for Dixie Kong. Rosalina might have been added after he got his information, so who's to say others won't be?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm sure that guessing Villager, Mega Man, WII FIT TRAINER, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, X&Y Pokemon (Greninja), and Palutena was PURE coincidence.

The real reason people don't want to believe this leak is Lucas, but honestly I think he had a low chance of returning anyway. MOTHER isn't that important a series (especially now that it's cancelled) and the slot can go to a more important character like Shulk.
I don't care about Lucas. And the only non safe guesses were Villager and WFT. Would say Greninja if he said Greninja. Palate a guess was jumping on the fake leak bandwagon. I will believe in this leak if I see Chorus Men. Or Marshal.
Edit: He got the Mii Fighter term right? Before the leak? Hmmm... That does help a lot. I...huh. Yay we have a list!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I just realized I don't have any newcomers left to look forward to. Shulk is nice, but eh. Chrom is terrible and Chorus Kid isn't really exciting :|

Though none of the characters in the second part of the leak was confirmed (Yes, Palutena was, but the leak of Smash 3DS photos made it obvious she was in).

Oh well, maybe I will be surprised in August, but I am not expecting for anyone other than the said characters.
The leak that was FAKE.
Paranoid screams it was the models of Palutena are way too different.

Reila

The leak that was FAKE.
Paranoid screams it was the models of Palutena are way too different.
Yeah yeah, surely it was. :rolleyes:
This. This is why I'm still holding out for Dixie Kong. Rosalina might have been added after he got his information, so who's to say others won't be?
I am listening to the DKC3 soundtrack now... How I wish they would give us a rep for that game, be it Dixie Kong or King K. Rool.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's also that trophy theory from the direct.

If we go with the direct trophy theory and Sal.

Fire Emblem = Chrom
Kid Icarus = Palutena
Legend of Zelda = ?
Metroid = ?

Could that still mean something.

samsparta21

Smash Ace

Fire Emblem = Chrom
Kid Icarus = Palutena
Legend of Zelda = ?
Metroid = ?

I don't think the Direct trophies have any meaning. They were just there to disconfirm potential characters and to represent popular series.

Yeah yeah, surely it was. :rolleyes:
Palutena looks way different in the leak. You notice stuff like her hair's a different colour, different pose, different staff, a much bigger nose in the leak for some reason

Last edited:

Reila

Fire Emblem = Chrom
Kid Icarus = Palutena
Legend of Zelda = ?
Metroid = ?

Oh dear, I forgot that. So a Metroid rep might still happen, after all. Please let it happen.

Also, Sal didn't mention anything about a third KI rep, but Palutena's trailer hints something about Dark Pit. Maybe he will be a boss or something, but maybe he will playable?

Nice avatar, by the way. Impa look amazing in Hyrule Warriors.
I don't think the Direct trophies have any meaning. They were just there to disconfirm potential characters and to represent popular series.
Because everybody was expecting Pseudo-Palutena and King Kihunter to be playable, right.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I just realized something, the DLC is probably going to have Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucas, maybe even Mewtwo. Sakurai already said he wanted to bring every character back from Brawl, even Snake is possible.

Reila

Palutena looks way different in the leak. You notice stuff like her hair's a different colour, different pose, different staff, a much bigger nose in the leak for some reason
Character models change during the development of a game. It is simply. Either way, there is no point in discussing this, but I do think the Palutena leak was real.

And no, she doesn't look "way different" in the leak. The differences exist, but aren't that absurd.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly, the only reason I still question the leak is dlc

I just don't see Sakurai as the kind of person to advocate that

he's always all about a single finished game.

The character guessing up to this point has been fairly impressive. Could it still have been a coincidence? yes, but unlikely. But he never guessed Rosalina. Just because he's probably leaked legit info doesn't mean there aren't characters we don't know about to come.

The only thing this leak has done has made it so if Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus men are put on the website, I'll be less excited than I should have been...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Daily moderator piece of advice: if this thread blows up like it did the last page, then this thread is going to see a temporary lock until people cool off.

Fire Emblem = Chrom
Kid Icarus = Palutena
Legend of Zelda = ?
Metroid = ?

The trophies in the Developer Direct aren't indicative of anything more than being a humorous stop gap between topics. The only one remotely hinting at a character was Pseudo-Palutena, but we've learned by now how aware Sakurai is of the pulse of the community so it's not too surprising.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is is also possible considering Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men were not revealed that the information that Sal's source saw contained considered but ultimately dropped characters?

Not that I want Shulk or Chorus Men dropped. They both have great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom