• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "**** That Can Infinite R.O.B." Thread

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Our beloved Robotic Operating Buddy was manufactured with one major design flaw, that silly animation he has when someone footstools him, that animation, combined with his size, has made for other characters having some ridiculous, potentially infinite, combos on him.

**Please note that Jab Locks can be escaped by smash DIing away from your opponent.
**All combos may vary with DI

:zerosuitsamus: - Combo: Down Smash > Footstool > Down Air > Repeat

Video
*As dangerous as Zero Suit is sexy, can be avoided by staying in the air.
*0-Death

:samus2: - Combo: Forward Air > Footstool > Jab Lock (Force Get Up) > Repeat

Video
*Little testing has been done for this, or if it is actually an "infinite", it may just end at the jab lock.
*Potential 0-Death

:shiek: - Combo: Forward Tilt > Footstool > Back Air > Repeat

Video
*Very difficult to perform and may not be practical in battle.
*0-Death

:falcon: - Combo: First Hit of Neutral Air > Footstool > Repeat

Video1

Video2
*Very difficult to perform and may not be practical in battle.
*0-Death

:sonic: - Combo: Spin Dash > Footstool > Neutral Air > Jab Lock > Repeat

Video
*To performing this infinite you need tons of room, and no platforms, it would only be infinite on FD, anywhere else its just a Jab Lock set up.
*0-Death

:pikachu2: - Combo: Down Throw > Up Tilt > Footstool > Quick Attack Lock

Video
*You can escape this by smash DIing towards the ledge.
*Damage depends on how quickly you reach the ledge.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
This thread makes me sadface =(.

Everyone needs to leave rob alone ;_; At least most of these can be avoided, but one D-smash from Zero Suit is game over. ><

I just hope they dont figure out some sort of infinte with metaknight xD, because then ill really start crying u_u.

Dang footstooling >=(

:uzi: :zerosuitsamus: :sniper:

solecalibur

Smash Master
One thing with zss' infinite is that its just like foxes it only gives 5% more of an advantage to zss (personally think the MU is only 60/40 zss)
your d-smash (and many other moves) out guns Zss' d-smash

Sudai

Stuff here
While our DSmash is faster, hers has more range. Really though, unless you're a roll/spot dodge spammer (which are inherent problems in-of themselves), it's rare for ZSS to land a DSmash when we're on the ground.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
happy you kept the title. kinda sad my is locked i want to edit the title to say the unofficial **** that can infinite R.O.B thread

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You're probably right, this could potentially make people afraid of wanting to pick up rob D; then yeah, rob will become more unloved
Im not afraid to pick up ROB. With his great ability to camp and gimp, the rewards he offers me far out weighs the gayness involved.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I'm 100% against withholding any information about the meta-game. If we never encounter someone that knows how to use these, then suddenly we come across someone that does, we're effed hard. However, if -everyone- uses it, we'll know how to avoid it and get around it better.

I'd rather all my fights be 10-15% harder than have one fight be 50-60% harder.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sudai is right.
It's good to have this thread.
However, I don't care about Footstools anymore.
If Zamus(example) develop other things of her meta game, IMO she would give us more trouble than she gives now. And not using Footstools.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wait... have any of you ever been infinited by ZSS? I play Snakeee a lot and have never been infinited... I thought we came to the conclusion that it wasn't that great?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I've had it done to me in friendlies before. I havent come across a ZSS in an actual tourney before, but all i can say is, dont get d-smashed or its overs. ~_~ Thats how i see the mu anyway, just dont get d-smashed and you got a chance.

Trillest

Smash Ace
With the zamus match up if u dont get downsmashed i personally feel the matchup is very easy for rob and she is easily gimped and also camping a zamus is quite easy with her big model and average moveset even her starting items are a greater threat in our robotic limbs

Sudai

Stuff here
*shakes head* You need to play a better ZSS, Trill. She out ranges us all day long and she's actually not that easy to gimp. Easier than some characters, yeah, but a smart ZSS will make it back 80% of the time.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Wait... have any of you ever been infinited by ZSS? I play Snakeee a lot and have never been infinited... I thought we came to the conclusion that it wasn't that great?
He said he was going to learn it when it was first discovered but I played him and he said that he had never done it

TheMike

Smash Lord
Zamus has a good advantage against ROB without the infinite.
And I got infinited by a Zamus only once.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
*shakes head* You need to play a better ZSS, Trill. She out ranges us all day long and she's actually not that easy to gimp. Easier than some characters, yeah, but a smart ZSS will make it back 80% of the time.
This.
ZSS has over 9000 jumps, more if you go offstage to chase her, she footstools like a beast.

He said he was going to learn it when it was first discovered but I played him and he said that he had never done it
Yeah, he said it wasnt worth it or somethin like that. We were at a smashfest and he kept saying he wanted to learn it for the lulz.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well, I havent tried the match-up properly, and i did struggle my first couple of times even without being infinted. Wasint the mu 60-40 beforehand anyways without the infinte? If i completly fair agsint a good one with rob, then ill just have to go someone else =/ pika or peach (only others i can use decently)

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Well, I havent tried the match-up properly, and i did struggle my first couple of times even without being infinted. Wasint the mu 60-40 beforehand anyways without the infinte? If i completly fair agsint a good one with rob, then ill just have to go someone else =/ pika or peach (only others i can use decently)
The matchup is definitely in ZSS's favor. The infinite is just icing on the cake.

mofo_

Smash Ace
...i have another gay possible combo but w/ kirby.

1) utilt > footstool > nair > lock w/ jab or dtilt
2) fthrow > uair (not immediately though)> footstool > nair > lock w/ jab or dtilt

note that sometimes you may not need the nair because of ROBs weirdness and his footstoolery.
and once again this just an idea ^^

mofo_

Smash Ace
okay i tested it i think its too hard / not possible

lol and plus, its just a lock setup not an infinite :[

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Simple logic would tell you the second one couldn't possibly work anyway. Kirby can't even Gonzo Combo ROB and a footstool would take even longer to perform than a regrab off the UAir.

Top Bottom