• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Man Mike, I feel dissapointed that you forgot a certain someone :p But yeah I sort of disappeared from the boards for a while so I don't blame you. I've been slowly dragging Samus out from her hole for a few months now and I'm getting bored of the same old same old, so if anyone in either the Columbia(I'm a USC student), or Greenville area(where I'm from) want to get any matches together just send me a PM. Btw, if any of you happen to be USC students as well, I'm the Samus player who got 2nd at the Golden Spur tourney.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
do any of yall at USC play melee?
I live on campus so i'm down anytime to play

oh yeah btw i'm budahboi and i play peach/ganon/bowser
never played brawl

Eva01

Smash Cadet
I don't fiddle around with Melee anymore, used to main Peach and Ganon in melee with some Samus thrown inbetween but its just not for me anymore. Now I try to play Brawl on a daily basis(although its usually just myself in training mode for an hour or two) and I drop by any tourneys that are within my reach. Apparently the Golden Spur is going to drop a bunch of other tourneys and replace them all with Brawl instead. And now that they've gotten they're act together and use official rules its definitely worth it, the last got about 42 people I believe and there were quite a few decent players there.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
budahboi, message Yoshido and TRC and Kidd01 to get some Melee going. Most of the Melee SC players don't post here very frequently.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
True that, if you want someone to teach you smash the right way in SC, Kidd is the man for it. He's up in Greenville most of the time however. And tbh, I wasn't entirely sure that he still played Melee, doesn't mean that after 1 game he wouldn't still own the fire out of about 3/4 of the state.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
No problem, another note on USC smash. If you ever feel the want to make the jump to Brawl, I hear that Preston has a fairly large community and judging from what I've seen from them you should be able to find enough players of varying skill to be able to have reasonably fair games. I, sadly, have not been able to work my way in there due to it being a semi-exclusive club of sorts :( Also the game room at russel has a wii and usually there are people there playing matches although you'll face the limitation of using wiimote(the reason I don't play there).

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I don't fiddle around with Melee anymore, used to main Peach and Ganon in melee with some Samus thrown inbetween but its just not for me anymore. Now I try to play Brawl on a daily basis(although its usually just myself in training mode for an hour or two) and I drop by any tourneys that are within my reach. Apparently the Golden Spur is going to drop a bunch of other tourneys and replace them all with Brawl instead. And now that they've gotten they're act together and use official rules its definitely worth it, the last got about 42 people I believe and there were quite a few decent players there.
What is this golden spur you speak of?

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Long time no see, dude I know a friend of yours here ryan, Mark. He lives a few rooms down from me and was telling me about a friend of his from high school who played Pit and had a combo vid of just toadstools and we were like "RYANARIUS!" Yeah Mark plays smash with me whenever he feels up to it. Anyway, back ontopic. The Golden Spur is the game room here at USC. Its downstairs in the Russell House, our main cafeteria on campus. They have a wii set up downstairs and people smash there on a regular basis. Sadly you can't use GC controllers(excepting wavebirds) b/c they keep the wii on the other side of a wall :( Anyway, a few of us have been pushing for a while for smash tourneys b/c they had one last semester that turned out nicely except they didn't know the rules and we finely got one set up this semester utilizing an almost tournament guided rule set. Only difference was b/c it had 42 people and we played on 1 giant projector we had to cut it to just one game per match rather than best 2 out of 3. Because of the success of it, they've decided to add more tournaments to the schedule and i've been told to expect it to be bi-weekly.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
mark told me about that.

When the stuff is figured out about the USC brawl tournaments be sure to post it up here. It'd be a great location for people from around the state to play.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
hm maybe i'll make the jump to brawl...i learned to play melee w/o a cube, don't see why i wouldn't be able to learn brawl haha

eva, where do you usually smash?

oh, and i know a few people in preston, i'll ask about it

Eva01

Smash Cadet
We actually had a really nice tourney tonite at the music building by koger that I found a flyer for the other day. Had about a 20 person turn out or so and we used SBR official rules all the way. $5 entry and really not any baddies there. Yet another 2nd place for my Samus tho :p Had a really nice set of 5 with a ROB player that came down to the wire. It's looking like the Smash scene is slowly building up down here, I'm getting a bit excited about it.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Dang! Most of you guys are in college. Well that sucks for me. I've been looking for competitions here FOREVER and still no luck. Pm if you guys wanna brawl.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Sup guys? I'll be updating this thread soon. Came back from getting sucked into WoW, lol.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Are you back for good, man?

I missed yo posts bro.
Yeah I'm back for good now, fought a battle with World of Warcraft and came out alive, much to the dismay of my friend who got me involved into it, lol. Went and deleted my characters/game/broke game disc. Never play it bro, junk steals your soul.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm back for good now, fought a battle with World of Warcraft and came out alive, much to the dismay of my friend who got me involved into it, lol. Went and deleted my characters/game/broke game disc. Never play it bro, junk steals your soul.
unless you play it objectively.

Problem is people forget why they play it and get sucked in for Arena Points, BG grinds, tokens, rep.

They forget what they wanted out of the game.

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Hai gaiz

Tournament organizer here. I've been working with Play N' Trade in West Ashley (Charleston). We had a Brawl tournament awhile back and had a decent turnout. Nothing special though.

I've got a tournament lined up in late April for Street Fighter 4, which has given us our biggest turn out so far. I'm thinking of running Smash again (Brawl or Melee, depending on what the majority says), but I'm going to need a commitment from people that they're going to show for it. Last time we had 16 people.

What we've started doing is making it a $5 entry fee. First place gets store credit (essentially a free game, an additional $25 if there's a lot of heads), and second place can get $25 in store credit as well if there are enough people. We typically run a side-by-side tournament with it as well and only charge an extra $2 ($7 total) to compete in both.

We've recently started allowing people to pay an additional $3 to go towards a cash pot with winner taking all.

I know a lot of the Smash players in SC are scattered about outside of the Charleston area, but if this sounds like something y'all would be interested in, let me know and I'll set it up.

I'm hoping that with some solid turn outs, I could maybe get PnT to sponsor a large scale tournament :)

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
Just moved down to Cayce in Columbia I may be getting back into melee case I sold my wii so that's all I have.

YoshiBomb
Cayce-Yoshi

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Let me stick my name in this topic. Trying to get more involved with the SC scene instead of watching it pass me by. Best way to get better, right? :D

Thunder
Clemson/Columbia
SSBM - Toon Link/Falco

cooki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I live in South Carolina. Greenville to be more precise. At the moment I am merely using my friend's wii so i don't have my friend code or anything... but I would still like to be kept up to date on tourneys and such. Thanks!!

also

cooki
SSBM - I don't play very often but when i do usually Ness
SSBB - Lucario/Lucas Main sometimes Olimar/Dedede

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I just finished reading this (entire) thread :p and decided i was gonna toss my name into the mix because im becoming quite a bit more competitive now than i use to.

SSBM - Marth
SSBB - Diddy ftw! then Pika, Ike, Fox, lol i dabble :p

I play Melee some, but im NOT good (just ask Scha, Kidd, TRC, Dr. PP lol) but im getting better.
I focus on Brawl but I'm not dumb enough to think that is better than Melee.

So, anyone in the greenville area wanna play brawl/melee im game, just send me a PM. so add me to the list Kidd! :D

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Since these SC roster threads seem to keep disappearing or whatever the reason for a new one every year or so is, I guess I need to get added to this one too.

Kerry
Orangeburg
SSBM - Marth/Link

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
hello to all. just noticed my old info is still up and im just finding this thread.

Snap. SSBB falco/fox

im willing to do wifi but im not on much.

im at every lancaster tournament and any number of any others if i can find a ride.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm looking to make a new Smash Scene in South Carolina. There isn't one in the southern portion of SC, and I want to change that. I'm hoping to start hosting tournaments here, maybe some weeklies or biweeklies. If that isn't possible, then I'll just look for other Smashers within the area and make some dates as to where we can meet and play Brawl/Melee. If you want to help with making a Smash Scene, then you can contact me on AIM or MSN or just PM me here. I'm really hoping to start this new Smash Scene because there really isn't any at the moment and the last time there was a tourney, a good number of people came. SC really needs this new Smash Scene. Please help!

Copy and Paste ftw!

Icege

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm looking to make a new Smash Scene in South Carolina. There isn't one in the southern portion of SC, and I want to change that. I'm hoping to start hosting tournaments here, maybe some weeklies or biweeklies. If that isn't possible, then I'll just look for other Smashers within the area and make some dates as to where we can meet and play Brawl/Melee. If you want to help with making a Smash Scene, then you can contact me on AIM or MSN or just PM me here. I'm really hoping to start this new Smash Scene because there really isn't any at the moment and the last time there was a tourney, a good number of people came. SC really needs this new Smash Scene. Please help!

Copy and Paste ftw!
I've been organizing tournaments in the Charleston area for years now, and for the last 2 or 3 I've been trying to get the Smash community involved.

Unfortunately, it seems that whenever I post up here offering to do a tournament for Smash, most the posters clam up. We ran one at PnT in West Ashley and had 16 people, which isn't bad for a local, but considering all the people I saw playing Smash @ TTC and in the area in general, I was very disappointed.

I was heavily considering running a Melee or Brawl tournament in July along with our Street Fighter IV RanBats, but Smash players in SC are as reliable as FEMA. If I could get at least 12 locals to give me 100% dedication that they will be there (AND they show), we'll do it.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
I'm hosting Monthlies at Anime Charleston in SC starting June 13th! :D

I'm not doing one in July though cuz of Genesis and HERB2 and Pokemon Regionals all in the same month, plus, I'm going to HERB2.

I have a thread of the Monthlies up in the Atlantic South thread, check it out. :D

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
hey whats up South Carolina!

I'm home for the summer, around Aiken county, but I'm very willing to drive about an hour or so for anything thats going down, whenever I can make it.

C'mon SC, get hyped for summer brawl...why so dead? =(

Top Bottom