• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Regin

Smash Cadet
Jag, Gaia, .Com, and I are going to ReSe, any lurkers want to come along?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm working on the details, but I think I'm about to land a spot to run smash tournaments regularly.

And if this works out it should be extremely cheap to use.

Stay tuned and I'll be back with more.

Regin

Smash Cadet
I'm working on the details, but I think I'm about to land a spot to run smash tournaments regularly.

And if this works out it should be extremely cheap to use.

Stay tuned and I'll be back with more.
I like the sound of this a lot. This sounds awesome.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, there is a fairly lively scene for SC, we just don't post on this thread really ever because none of us ever get on this site. There has been some pretty good Melee played over the past couple of months. join us over on the facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290202017736245/

any new people that are looking to find people to play, contact me or Sai in Augusta/North Augusta, Spencer in Columbia, Alfie in Clemson, or Brandon down in goose creek/charleston. Yes, I know Augusta is technically georgia, but we've played so much with SC and really hardly any at all with GA.

holla

Regin

Smash Cadet
Just so you guys know, there is a fairly lively scene for SC, we just don't post on this thread really ever because none of us ever get on this site. There has been some pretty good Melee played over the past couple of months. join us over on the facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290202017736245/

any new people that are looking to find people to play, contact me or Sai in Augusta/North Augusta, Spencer in Columbia, Alfie in Clemson, or Brandon down in goose creek/charleston. Yes, I know Augusta is technically georgia, but we've played so much with SC and really hardly any at all with GA.

holla
Hmm this sounds pretty cool. You guys ever hold tournaments or travel to any? Also I personally am bad at melee but I'm okay in Brawl. I really trying to see how I can get the tournament scene live in SC though, so if you guys have any insight for that topic let me know. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to start using this site more, its very good for finding more players and events.

Text me and we can try to get something going. # is 803.521.1392

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Traveling within SC can be extremely difficult. Which is explains only a section of this states inactivity
SC isn't that big of a state, takes about 4 hours to get from one side to the other. I think it is inactivate since not many have tried to get hype and the smash spirit alive again. It would be great if smash scene appeared again in SC, but right now I'm down here in AL brawlin'.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
And then they never return lol
priorites dude. i know nothing about brawl tournaments if that's what you're into. you should come play melee with us though, we're nice as hell. the best people in the state don't really play anymore (yay, austin, mott, all the old school dudes)

also why the **** does nobody talk **** in n64 anymore. i'll start. ALL OF YOU suck at n64. prove me wrong.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
LMAO dill

I ain't returning, I mean, I still love Melee to death but after 10 years in SC you unfortunately start to learn to let **** ****in' go. I'm sick of trying hard to arrange contact with people who play for an hour, get sick of losing, and don't ever try to beat me again. Happened over and over and it's just helpless without a challenge, yes, yes I know how conceited that made me sound but that's just the way it's been and not likely to change.

A word to all the brawlers in the thread, though. You got a lot of people sitting around, and you're stretched thin. Back when Melee had as many people as you did, we let it fall through our fingers. We had Scha host stuff every now and again, and I did some stuff, and that was about it really, most everything else was in NC or GA. Now if you guys want to do something... Columbia is honestly the best place, as it's a nice middle point for Charleston/Goose Creek and Greenville/northareas to meet. Orangeburg is close to it as well. The problem is finding a venue and making it work.

Now.
You've all been saying it, but I'm gonna say it again, coming from someone who did all they could for their game and let it fall around them anyway. Find a venue. Make. ****. Happen. You have enough people to make a tournament happen, and it's really good if you get NC and GA to come. Then you're really smokin. But it has to happen. Someone has to rise up and become the chosen one, who can really put time and effort into making this happen.

I would even come enter your Brawl tournament, despite how much I dislike playing it, to support SC in some small way, as I've already put thousands of dollars into the state's smash scenes, a little more won't hurt.

I really hope you succeed where we failed, Brawl. real. talk.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Like Bomber said, we've got LA, AL, GA, and TN all prepped for some pretty big projects. A representative from SC would be a good addition.

Regin

Smash Cadet
priorites dude. i know nothing about brawl tournaments if that's what you're into. you should come play melee with us though, we're nice as hell. the best people in the state don't really play anymore (yay, austin, mott, all the old school dudes)

also why the **** does nobody talk **** in n64 anymore. i'll start. ALL OF YOU suck at n64. prove me wrong.
LMFAO well, you win in that area. I'm booboo at melee and 64 now lol.

Some of you guys here should have gone to the tournament in NC this weekend. Gaia, Jag, and I all went. We needed a little more SC power, though we had enough with ESAM, Gaia (Cura). I was talking with Cura and he said that he's down with holding a tournament at his place, and I'll try talking with some convention centers and hotels to see what we can do.

For the people that are into the tournament scene, Black Mantis isn't posting the link for nothing lol.

PS: Until proven otherwise, Dill is easy when it comes to Brawl :D

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
yo 29th of sept sounds good. Hit me up zero on my cell. No internet hardly get to check boards

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I've locked up a venue and I pretty much have the thread ready to post the only thing that's left is making sure I get the time off from work to run this thing.

Also accepting names for these monthlies

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
idk but somehow this needs to get to the SC melee community on FB. make a thread and i might be able to get them interested, and try to make it down cuz those guys are the homies

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Im still in LA, but we are tying to get a couple of TO's from each state in the region to represent their state for a circuit that's being worked on right now. We need as many states as we can get. Nothing is official yet, but I'm just trying to collect the best reps from each state that I can.
me and my friend jt represent tennessee, let us now if we could be of help. im actually planning on monthlys here in tn starting sometime january 2013

Regin

Smash Cadet
Yea..I'm done with smash. This community is just to stale, getting boring. Was fun while it lasted guys.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I ain't returning, I mean, I still love Melee to death but after 10 years in SC you unfortunately start to learn to let **** ****in' go. I'm sick of trying hard to arrange contact with people who play for an hour, get sick of losing, and don't ever try to beat me again. Happened over and over and it's just helpless without a challenge, yes, yes I know how conceited that made me sound but that's just the way it's been and not likely to change.
Uhhhhh, BRUH, That wasn't me Austin you know I was about to be the damn **** when I played this game. Actually, I played a lot this summer. My Falcon and Falco are still good as ****. Y'all can still see me if you want. I just don't have anyone to play with that's why I don't consistently play melee.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now all we need is Etwist.
YEAH.

there any SC players that live near MB? should drive up to wilmington to smash.
You should drive down..... (my dad lives up there though)

edit: BTW, I wasn't serious with the first paragraph Austins prolly still better than me lol. But I was close behind his ***.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You don't have to quit just cuz sc doesn't have tourneys. There are tourneys once a month in charlotte close to you. And arguably the best player in north america lives in your state now. You might not be able to play it often but that doesn't stop you from playing altogether. The game is still fun at the end of the day after all

:phone:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If you'd look back a little bit Holymarth you'd see he's responding to Regin saying "*** it im out" which is a pretty reasonable reaction to even being in South Carolina (not even counting smash scenes or lack thereof)

Regin

Smash Cadet
If you'd look back a little bit Holymarth you'd see he's responding to Regin saying "*** it im out" which is a pretty reasonable reaction to even being in South Carolina (not even counting smash scenes or lack thereof)
SC is bad (overall haha). Only a few good people here that attend tournaments, everyone else just gets scared and quits or just play for S&Gs. Idk, maybe I'm getting tired of the game because no one comes out to play...Only Cura and I meet up to practice and that can only produce but so much (exp wise, and keeping me interested in the game). The others that say they'll come out never do..

Still love the game..just that SC is so dead and flaky. Hopefully SSB4 will give it some life..

Top Bottom