• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

allshort17

Smash Ace

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I have a venue completely free of charge for players...but it's in Rock Hill...

The only thing that's difficult for players is traveling around the :dwam: state. lulz

Regin

Smash Cadet
I hate that I've been so darn busy haha. Hi again, everyone. I'm still down for friendlies and get togethers, I finally have free time XD. I've browsed through the last few pages so I have the addresses of the you guys that stay in/near Columbia, all of you guys live 15-20 minutes away haha, so we definitely can have some meet ups. Msg for my address/Cell #. Also, who's all going to the Rockem Sockem tourny? I plan on going there.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Alright guys, hopefully this is the spark of something good in South Carolina. I've taken over the thread because the person before me hasn't been on in FOREVER.

It seems our scene is going to be tighter than many other states due to player activity. But hopefully we can turn something around. If you have any ideas of what the new thread should look like, i'm all UP for suggestions.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Alright guys, hopefully this is the spark of something good in South Carolina. I've taken over the thread because the person before me hasn't been on in FOREVER.

It seems our scene is going to be tighter than many other states due to player activity. But hopefully we can turn something around. If you have any ideas of what the new thread should look like, i'm all UP for suggestions.
I guess it could be similar to this thread...I'm still thinking on how badass a thread we can make.

I enjoy smaller scenes becasue you get know everyone and can become proverbial family

Dude if I was back in school i'd DEFINITELY pick you up.

Double post failure.
Second, the fact that you said this gives me hope for the future.

Rock Hill would be legit.
Third, Are you saying you would make the trip???

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he's saying he'd try to get me to make the trip, since i'm greensboro's primary driver.

and if there was sufficient melee, i'd probably make the trip *shrug*

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Second, the fact that you said this gives me hope for the future.
Yeah if i'm free on the weekend when there's a tourny, i'd have no problem picking you up (gas fees included of course, something small though) but your pretty much in my way to get to Charlotte, and almost anywhere else.

he's saying he'd try to get me to make the trip, since i'm greensboro's primary driver.

and if there was sufficient melee, i'd probably make the trip *shrug*
The scene here is pretty split because the last ReSe didn't have that bad of a turnout for either of the two games. Something new would be cool and fun as well.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
do you mean the scenes are split as in few people play both games?

cause that's true, but we can still host events at the same location, provided there's enough space/equipment brought.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
No i'm saying split like there is a good amount of people that play one game, and a good amount of people that play the other. So much so that hardly many people play both and it doesn't really affect attendance. It's pretty cool. It's also kind of slow because of school. But having something during school is pretty smart just because of the fact that more people are going to be coming out. I have football on weekends though for a while so i'm going to be inactive for a bit.

JUST FOUND THIS AND I AM REALLY HYPE!!! I can't make it though. but someone should go there and convince these people to start coming out to stuff!!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wow wish that was melee lol. and yeah the scenes are separate but successful. NC is slow because of school being out. once NCSU goes back to hosting, and me and PP start hosting in greensboro, and we keep melee/brawl on the charlotte ReSe circuit, we'll be fine here. but i'm always looking for SC melee to rise up and come to our stuff and i'll keep going to you guys' stuff cause the guys i know are cool.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
wow wish that was melee lol. and yeah the scenes are separate but successful. NC is slow because of school being out. once NCSU goes back to hosting, and me and PP start hosting in greensboro, and we keep melee/brawl on the charlotte ReSe circuit, we'll be fine here. but i'm always looking for SC melee to rise up and come to our stuff and i'll keep going to you guys' stuff cause the guys i know are cool.
Just found this site, and they do Melee!
South Carolina is an untapped goldmine, just need some diggin.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if you meant brawl at the beach 2, i went to that. i ran melee lol. it had 8 entrants, including me and the guy i brought. it was a decent time though, and i met a few SC players there.

if we could get that aiken one for melee, and get it in consistently, it could be good.

edit: but brawl at the beach 3 has since happened, and they dropped melee.

Regin

Smash Cadet
JUST FOUND THIS AND I AM REALLY HYPE!!! I can't make it though. but someone should go there and convince these people to start coming out to stuff!!
I have some friends that attend the USC tournaments often, they say the brawl scene is strong there. I'm going to check out the next one they hold.

Gaia and I are both having some games tomorrow. Would be awesome to have more players. * SC players that aren't too far from Columbia/Irmo text me so that we can get together and further solidify our smash scene XD* 803-521-1392

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I watched this video from there, and they have promise. They weren't up to the current metagame but ot was Marth vs Wolf, amd the Marth was power shielding everything lol.

:phone:

Regin

Smash Cadet
Haha, I see the Marth you mentioned. You can tell most have never really played in an actual tournament, though.

Regin

Smash Cadet
No i'm saying split like there is a good amount of people that play one game, and a good amount of people that play the other. So much so that hardly many people play both and it doesn't really affect attendance. It's pretty cool. It's also kind of slow because of school. But having something during school is pretty smart just because of the fact that more people are going to be coming out. I have football on weekends though for a while so i'm going to be inactive for a bit.

Gaia and I are working on recruiting more players in SC. We plan on going to this, we'll definitely try to snag some players.

Jaghancement

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1263-8011-7156

http://www.sa.sc.edu/rhuu/tournaments/

I actually used to go to these pretty regularly and I tried to convince some of the better players to come with me to tournaments in Charlotte but none of them did. You have to be a student at USC to be able to sign up for the tournaments there though, because you can only pay to enter through the little card issued to all of the students.

That being said, I'm transferring to Clemson this semester and I'm totally down for some brawl. I'll have to start coming to those ReSe tournaments.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Guys we need a possible way to generate South Carolina interest in this game. I feel like... no. This state is SEVERELY unrepresented and it's time for some new blood in here. Can you think of anyway to possibly get more people here active.

A brainstorming session is indeed in order. We can do it here or on Skype if you would all prefer.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Whelp, came back to the game temporarily again and it looks like there isn't a tournament around here that isn't a 2.5+ hour drive for the next 3 months.

Slay me with a brick. *Sigh*

Also, thank you for hosting this thread now, Dotcom. I appreciate you taking this off of my hands. The community deserves an active member to host this thread. Good luck with the SC community. <3

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Whelp, came back to the game temporarily again and it looks like there isn't a tournament around here that isn't a 2.5+ hour drive for the next 3 months.

Slay me with a brick. *Sigh*

Also, thank you for hosting this thread now, Dotcom. I appreciate you taking this off of my hands. The community deserves an active member to host this thread. Good luck with the SC community. <3
What community? Haha nah dude it's fine. We're trying to get things revved up again down here, which is just so hard because no one seems to play in SC. Or they refer to melee instead because it's Melee. We'll all be trying some things soon though.

Yeah everything down here is a 2.5 hour drive, unless it's in like Charlotte or something. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Regin

Smash Cadet
SC has a community, sadly the majority of it's players are dorm room heroes. Like I said, Cura and I are recruiting and building up a better community. In the past few weeks we have found a decent amount of people with a lot of potential to do SC some good. You'll see when you get here Dotcom. All of them prefer Brawl too btw.

Also, you have my vote on doing the skype chats. I'll talk with the players here and I'll get back to you once I get things settled.

SgtJester

Smash Rookie
Hmm..well what do you know.

I was googleing again and came upon this site. I was hoping for awhile that I could find a gaming community of some kind for SC. I've gotten a little out of touch in the years, and need to get some good practice in, so that I might get back up to how I used to be. Thanks for this. :reverse:

Regin

Smash Cadet
Man is it really just Jag, Gaia, and I that are actually willing to meet up and play? I know Dotcom will be around....eventually. But I'm going to need for you forum lurkers to start speaking up and coming out. PM us for our #'s and we'll set something up. We need more than 3 people if we're going to really improve our smash scene -__-

Regin

Smash Cadet
@Bomber, Gaix is somewhat of an experience TO. I've talked to him about finding a venue and running some tournaments here soon. We just have to get people to attend X__X

Also, are you in this area or near here? Just wondering because I see that your location says Louisiana XD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@Bomber, Gaix is somewhat of an experience TO. I've talked to him about finding a venue and running some tournaments here soon. We just have to get people to attend X__X

Also, are you in this area or near here? Just wondering because I see that your location says Louisiana XD
Im still in LA, but we are tying to get a couple of TO's from each state in the region to represent their state for a circuit that's being worked on right now. We need as many states as we can get. Nothing is official yet, but I'm just trying to collect the best reps from each state that I can.

Regin

Smash Cadet
Get into contact with Gaia. I talked with him yesterday and he's hosted a lot of tourneys. This sounds like fun though.

Top Bottom