• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Allied

Smash Master
Ill most likely be teaming with OOS

Allied or TKO if i can help it.

maybe if i can even come!

i'll be in texas for a week around this time hopfully i can though! lemme check my flight i might be nearby anyway!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Action Replay's too good. Can play so much Melee for hours with that thing. Not like it's needed, but it certainly brings a whole lot more advantages. Target Test stages are too good. XD

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm surprised you don't RC, I guess there isn't much going on in terms of Smash >_>

I hope you all can make the Pre-G6 smashfest on the 7th or 14th of January, Snap should be there and hopefully other people that want a warm-up before the event.

If I'm lucky I might be able to get away with a Post-G6 smashfest as well
(which if it can become a regular thing, might become a tournament from time to time)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
wait Omega, what?

you're SURPRISED that I don't keep tabs on Brawl? Did you somehow forget that I'd rather eat twenty ****s then watch that game being played?

played with William (Kodiak) again tonight, I believe we are making progress. His Marth is starting to get "oh you fancy huh" on me.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Wow, I can't believe Puff is tied for first in the Melee Tier list...I remember when Ken (along with Azen and Neo) single handedly put Marth in 1st and 2nd and I was like "WTF!?!?!?!?."...he has no projectile

Damn, the meta has changed -- I'm still playing Marth though

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Jiggs is better than Peach. Falcon and jiggs are not on the same level. Falco is better than Marth. Theres no way in hell Marth is tied for best, if you can tell me 5 **** Marths that make top 5 all of the time maybe ill change that. I DISAGREE.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Character ability can never be measured on tournament results

Marth and fox are the two best characters in melee

And falcon and jiggs are indeed close to each other in the same level

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
no way. You say that like I dont know what im talking about. Falcon is NOT on the same level as Jiggs. I dont even know where youd get that from. Worse tourny results, worse MUs, and less option equals a worse char. Ive had the same convo with M2K and he thinks Marth is 4th and Jiggs Falco and fox are tops.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
First off, Black Mantis, hurpadurpa, guess what

stalling in Melee > stalling in brawl. even being gay is funner in that game.

second, that's one. ****ing. match. and one player.

go to Brawl
everyone loves the edge

Brawl sucks
want to fight? give me your address. I'll come and ****ing break your jaw open you dumb ****, cause all you do is post like a ****ing ******, here and elsewhere. and I'm looking for a reason to kill someone, and you're just such a little ***** that I think you might just deserve it. You can't even post good stuff in YLYL god damn you fail.

tl;dr **** you

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
@ Snap/Eric

you can have your own opinions. doesn't really matter. nobody is going to be able to outright and say "____ is the best character" especially not with results switching up so much recently.

Keep in mind, though Kevin is one of the best players pretty much ever, he also plays Falco. Of course he's going to think Marth is a little better than, say, M2K himself. How often does M2K get beaten by a Marth? yet Kevin has had his encounters with M2K often, and results have been in M2K's favor until ROM3. You can't take any one player's perspective and run with it.

IMO the new tier list pretty much speaks for itself.

And you know what? I'm terrible with Jigglypuff. I would lose to pretty much everyone at a tourney with it. But that doesn't mean she isn't top tier. Some people can't play spacies. Same thing. So also keep in mind if you can't play a char to their full extent (like Taj does with M2) that doesn't.... you know what I'm saying. Same old thing. The overall perspective should be bigger than that.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yoshi + Vectorman = Top tier.
...Well, maybe high tier, he keeps SD'ing. XD

But still, drift, you catch?

Just from my own experiences, I'd say characters in Melee vary in their... strengths, how "good" they are, depending the PERSON playing them.
But in Brawl, IF YOU ASK ME, it varies moreso on the CHARACTER being good.

Buuuuut the whole argument's about as stale as the Mewtwo vs. Lucario debate, so I'll leave it at that.

(P.S. Mewtwo owns Lucario. :}D )

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Haha. don't hate on Lucario, I like him, Azen likes him and Lee Martin kinda wins with him, when he isn't playing MK

Jiggs is better than Peach. Falcon and jiggs are not on the same level. Falco is better than Marth. Theres no way in hell Marth is tied for best, if you can tell me 5 **** Marths that make top 5 all of the time maybe ill change that. I DISAGREE.
Like I said, Ken (along with maybe two others in paticular) single handedly put Marth at the 1/2 spot. That was then, and this is now....so, too bad too sad for me >_> lol

As of now, do Marth players besides M2K even place top five?

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
First off, Black Mantis, hurpadurpa, guess what

stalling in Melee > stalling in brawl. even being gay is funner in that game.

second, that's one. ****ing. match. and one player.

go to Brawl
everyone loves the edge

Brawl sucks
want to fight? give me your address. I'll come and ****ing break your jaw open you dumb ****, cause all you do is post like a ****ing ******, here and elsewhere. and I'm looking for a reason to kill someone, and you're just such a little ***** that I think you might just deserve it. You can't even post good stuff in YLYL god damn you fail.

tl;dr **** you
you troll harder than snap

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it BM, I ddin't mean to start a Tier war Black mantis >_<

Tiers don't matter if your a good player, ask Mango...when he went to the Evo2k7 Finals and played Ken, though he lost, it was a good 2 sets -- And Puff was just hitting mid-tier then.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
no way. You say that like I dont know what im talking about. Falcon is NOT on the same level as Jiggs. I dont even know where youd get that from. Worse tourny results, worse MUs, and less option equals a worse char. Ive had the same convo with M2K and he thinks Marth is 4th and Jiggs Falco and fox are tops.
Lol eric, thats all i can say. just lol

One grab for falcon is a kill. Puff is no where near the top character.

Are you one of those falcon players that put him at mid tier? Trust me the stereo type is stale.

Also, M2K is not a valid source for anything knowledgeable. he thinks diddy is the best in brawl and puts mk at 4th.

But yeah, marth number 1

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lol eric, thats all i can say. just lol

One grab for falcon is a kill. Puff is no where near the top character.

Are you one of those falcon players that put him at mid tier? Trust me the stereo type is stale.

Also, M2K is not a valid source for anything knowledgeable. he thinks diddy is the best in brawl and puts mk at 4th.

But yeah, marth number 1
One grab for falcon is a kill if you can predict right, which is fairly random. But one hit from any character in the game and you get *****. Pair that up with terrbad approaches, mediocre priority, and a bad recovery and you get Falcon. Jiggs NEVER has to put herself in risk like falcon. She can just camp and wait for the opportunity to rest or whatever. The only parts of youre Tier list that i dont and never will agree with is Falcon being next to jiggs, Jiggs being worse than Peach, and Marth being better than Falco. Theres just as many successful jiggs as Marths atm so i fail to see why you put Marth at number one. He does NOTHING at tournies (besides m2k), his MUs arent that great, and his meta game has barely changed since 2007. On the other hand Jiggs and Falcos metagame is completly different. Give me a ****ing reason for Marth to be tops, Snap.

Top Bottom