• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Theres no elitists, Austin def isnt an elitist. He just got tired of you posting the same 5 campy matches in Melee history trying to make it seem like Melee is as campy is brawl. Well, it isnt. I think you need to give up on that mission. Thats like trying to say MvC2 is just as turtle heavy as SSF4 just because thay had a few defensive matches before where someone turtles.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Eric i posted different matches from Tero before (remember he posted in this thread months ago that he had at least 5 campy melee matches. lol someone even once told that melee defense>>>>>>brawl defense).

But besides that, I'm beyond the whole debate about defense in either game when its definitely been proven that you can do that not only in smash but in practically every fighting game. As for SC, I see alot more legit Brawl players (Cory, Snap, Bo, ARS etc.) than Melee so far. I don't want to leave anyone out for either game respectively so you can fill in those names if you want. I have no problem with Melee or its players. Its the attitudes about the game (it applies for every fighting game and is a MAJOR problem in the fps community) and towards other players.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Care to elaborate?

(I was going to sig this, but I might sig your answer instead depending on how funny it is)
I mean you wanna chase after your goals and dreams in life and they just run away all the time spamming all of these annoying obstacles/projectiles and BS that really aren't that hard to avoid but because there are so many of them it's easy to get frustrated by that BS and then you gotta worry about winning before you time out. But then people try to play it safe and defensively in life because they think the goals and dreams will come to t hem but man that's up to YOU and you can stage strike so it can be to YOUR advantage so you can close in on whatever it is you want and just gimp the hell out of that metaknight. Screw planking

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Eric i posted different matches from Tero before (remember he posted in this thread months ago that he had at least 5 campy melee matches. lol someone even once told that melee defense>>>>>>brawl defense).

But besides that, I'm beyond the whole debate about defense in either game when its definitely been proven that you can do that not only in smash but in practically every fighting game. As for SC, I see alot more legit Brawl players (Cory, Snap, Bo, ARS etc.) than Melee so far. I don't want to leave anyone out for either game respectively so you can fill in those names if you want. I have no problem with Melee or its players. Its the attitudes about the game (it applies for every fighting game and is a MAJOR problem in the fps community) and towards other players.

Lol, im NC.

also Legit melee players are in SC as follows

1.Yay
2.Mott
3.TRC
4.Crio
5.Charlie
6.Dill
7.Shca
8.Kidd

Imo SC melee > SC brawl

Brawl has.... Cory and Alex zellers, who are both good but its just two people.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I mean you wanna chase after your goals and dreams in life and they just ing run away all the time spamming all of these annoying obstacles/projectiles and **** that really aren't that hard to avoid but because there are so many of them it's easy to get frustrated by that BS and then you gotta worry about winning before you time out. But then people try to play it safe and defensively in life because they think the goals and dreams will come to t hem but **** man that's up to YOU and you can stage strike so it can be to YOUR advantage so you can close in on whatever it is you want and just gimp the **** out of that metaknight. F*** planking man, f*** it.
lol this made my day

also, I thought Crio was getting back into Brawl?
and I forgot about Darkfire
but I wouldn't mind playing ARS

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
I mean you wanna chase after your goals and dreams in life and they just run away all the time spamming all of these annoying obstacles/projectiles and BS that really aren't that hard to avoid but because there are so many of them it's easy to get frustrated by that BS and then you gotta worry about winning before you time out. But then people try to play it safe and defensively in life because they think the goals and dreams will come to t hem but man that's up to YOU and you can stage strike so it can be to YOUR advantage so you can close in on whatever it is you want and just gimp the hell out of that metaknight. Screw planking
hmmm, if mantis doesn't sig this then i will. :)

heeeeeyyyy kiddddd! <3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think you misunderstood that. Melee campy IS BETTER but its harder to deal with brawl camping. Why? Because there is no way to deal with it in brawl. Whats worse? A campy melee falco or a campy brawl falco? The melee falco is campy at a much faster pace and is wayyyyy more annoying. But guess what? Theres powershielding in this game. Therefore its may be BETTER but we have ways to deal with it. DDD for ex cant deal with an extremly campy Falco.

As for SC, I see alot more legit Brawl players (Cory, Snap, Bo, ARS etc.) than Melee so far. I don't want to leave anyone out for either game respectively so you can fill in those names if you want.
Yeah, you mustve never heard of Yay. Def the best player in SC and is a melee player. The only SC player to go out and place pretty well.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lol, im NC.

also Legit melee players are in SC as follows

1.Yay
2.Mott
3.TRC
4.Crio
5.Charlie
6.Dill
7.Shca
8.Kidd

Imo SC melee > SC brawl

Brawl has.... Cory and Alex zellers, who are both good but its just two people.
>_> wtf snap i was the only player to come here with perfect techskill. RC said im 4th a loooooooonnnnggggg time ago.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dont think ill ever be better than Yay or RC without being able to play people all of the time. And i pulled that DDD **** out of my ***. That was a prob for DDD when i played brawl but the metagame changes.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
I wonder if a Melee tourney happened here in SC would these 8/9 Melee players show up???
From experience they usually do not. I get a few friendly faces when I hold a tournament but most of the numbers revolve around out of state players from NC and GA.

However, that statement is similar to saying, "I wonder if a Brawl tournament happened here in SC would these 30/35 players show up." You are playing with numbers again and the ratios will never fill out. Most tournaments do not get the active top 10 power rankings any state, even those with a consistent tournament scene.

At this point if someone held a Melee even in SC that revolved around the SC Melee community, if I got 8 or 9 people for the event I would be happy with the turn out.

I also cant say I would classify myself as one of those 8/9 players because I am in the state maybe a few weeks here and there.

-SK47

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I appreciate the notice SK-47. It was kinda of an empty thought, but, I agree, If could get 8/9 people at the smashfest in January I'd be pretty happy too

**** if only one person came, good enough for me. Glad to know someone showed interest -- Unlimited Friendlies

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Melee falco camping is a joke compared to brawl falco camping.

Illusion in brawl is ****ing broken

and one move on falco and he dies in melee his recovery is balls haha

Melee > Brawl

also SCHA i want that rematch

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah Eric I'm pretty sure that wasn't a tier list just a list of people who are in the state, cause Kidd wouldn't be that low lol just a list of legit players, as stated. and you would definitely be on it. >:D Also Yoshido, ***** may have moved but HE'S STILL SC AT HEART :/

and Eric, I don't hate Mantis because of Brawl v Melee, I hate him because the way he posts, and how he "carries himself", how he trolls, how he thinks he's funny (YLYL thread) etc. Him bringing up one example of something over and over is just icing upon the poop cake that's emerged from his mouth.

And just cause I haven't said anything about it really, I want to officially state I'm "retired" now, as I never plan to attend a future tournament or event, and only plan to play for fun (which is what I've done for... a long time anyway) I kinda stopped trying to be good after I made Use Bombs Wisely 1. I'll still try to groom these up-and-comers in Charleston into warriors, though. I'll be like Genkai. Or Gouken. Or Master Roshi. You know what just pick your own ideal master.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Come be Gouken at my tournament old friend.

and ive never played eric so i cant judge yet

and how long are you gonna down here Shca? I can try to talk PP or a few others into coming.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
It would have to be next week at some point because I leave by the first or second of January and I need that time to pack. I can't promise much in the ways of my ability in Smash anymore but I guess it is kinda like riding a bike. If we shoot for next Wednesday then that can work for me, just need to double check to make sure I do not have any family engagements that would need my presence.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
so yeah i just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread. i want to kill myself now.

what up dill, aren't you not even in this state now? bring on the GA monthlies

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
so yeah i just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread. i want to kill myself now.

what up dill, aren't you not even in this state now? bring on the GA monthlies
I might have more time for melee thiscoming semester, i've been MIA for a while + i gotta make it onto snap's list...

Top Bottom