• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
I might have more time for melee thiscoming semester, i've been MIA for a while + i gotta make it onto snap's list...

cool, I'm gonna have a lot more free time next semester too, so we'll have to get more MAYY LAYY in. I'm gonna persuade josh's friend and stoner roommate to play more too I reckon. And there's that coolkm1312 guy too, so woo yay for SC smash.

For anyone who's interested, I'm not gonna be at that thing on the 6th, not here yet, but isn't there something on the 15th too? What's with that?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Great News everyone. I will actually be able to go to G6 monthlies. It's the saturday before i have to go back to school. sniff sniff, Im a lil hurt i'll be missing Scha though. I also will be attending Pound 5. It's gonna be epic!!! Hopefully people also play some guilty and blaze. I'd love to get friendlies in

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Merry Christmas Mah***as!!! LOL

YOU BEAT ME TO IT LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS SOUTH CAROLINA!

I cannot BELIEVE this thread has gone on for over two years now! =0 You have all been so fantastic. Even while I've been taking my leave for extended periods of time you guys keep posting in threads and keeping the SC lulz alive. I'm really, really excited because my parents knew that I have been wanting to travel but I've just been really intimidated at the idea of traveling for long periods of time...and I was INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE to receive a GPS for my car. So now I REALLY have no excuse! LOL. I had a license but unfortunately I just didn't have the guts to try and travel without it. I also have a job now so hey guys...maybe you WILL see me at SSBB stuff afterall! I have money, time, a car to drive, a gps system to make me not lose my way, and people to see/meet. What more could I ask for? <3

When's the next biggest tournament? Also I think as a Christmas gift I'll update this thread LOL (though that shouldn't have to be a Christmas Gift. I'm lousy with this thread BUT I LOVE YOU ALL LOL <3)

I wish upon you all the greatest joys of Christmas, and I hope that you all enjoy this day.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Wow that's actually not too far away...

It's like 2 hours or so...hmm... and it's on Jan 15th? That's like three weeks from now.

I see it goes from a Saturday into a Sunday. That's the only main issue since I'm employed as a Section Leader (Yes it's literally a job. I get paid to sing in a choir/rehearse and help them out/sing solos. It's rather fun and I am very committed to my work) at my Church downtown. If they'll let me go I'll go, but if not I will respect their wishes. I'll give my boss a heads up and see what I can do.

I am so rusty that the Titanic shines in a platinum finish compared to me, so don't expect me to come in and wreck. I'll do my very best but I'm afraid being so out of practice will severely hinder me. Nevertheless it will be fantastic to see others again if I can go. I still haven't given up on Peach in brawl. As for melee I'll just play Mario and falcon. (Mango may be the best in the world, but I STARTED PLAYING MARIO FIRST. RAWR. Though he'd probably four stock me. ;w; lol.)

Dear Mango
Teach me how to play Mario
Love,
Kidd

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Kidd you ain't even rusty in melee. Your good as hell and even though you edged me out during our last set I'm salty. Come to my tournament

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Kidd you ain't even rusty in melee. Your good as hell and even though you edged me out during our last set I'm salty. Come to my tournament

I haven't played since we played bro, lol. I'm sure you'll get me next time. =3 Though I will struggle, lol <3

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Oh, you'll struggle.

Like a choice scarf'd Pokemon who got hit by Torment Heatran. You'll struggle.
I lol'd irl. xD

I'll just holymarth dashdance while I get combo'd across the screen.
Then I'll probably just shake snap's hand, say "gg" then grab something to eat at wendys and down my sorrows away with a baconator. Then I'd probably drive back, wipe the tears caused by losing to peach off my face, and then sit back down feeling rather silly from eating a baconator instead of just ordering a double cheeseburger with extra bacon and proceed to select pikachu in friendlies and scream Lt.Surge impressions all day long (Inspired by you Austin because you're the ****ing man)

What can I say, I love smash

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Mike,
All I want for Christmas is
COME PLAY ME!!!!!

Sincerly,
Scha
YOU FREER THAN A CHURCH BASKETBALL COURT ON A MONDAY MORNIN

AND I'M THE 3 POINTER SHOT THAT NEVER COUNT

Edit- Parents mind about driving on ice. If not tonight dude maybe we can play tomorrow afternoon or evening? That would be perfect.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Headphones for listening to music while I record it
Um a GPS so I can finally go to tournaments without getting lost on the way to New Zealand
A fire in my heart to start playing smash again.

Like my life situation just recently became SUPER awesome.

Life Situation- NOT in College right now. Training with an Operatic Tenor and singing in concerts with his choir. In 5-6 months after training with this man I'm going to audition for multiple music schools and try to get in for Voice Performance as a Tenor/Counter Tenor. He has employed me in his choir as a section leader and I get paid every two weeks to sing/rehearse/help soloists in the choir.

What this means- I have money. I have time. No college and no real job = tons of free time. I have a car. I have a license. I have a GPS.

Ladies and gentlemen, I really think I'm back this time. I've finally solved the riddle and straightened myself out. Now I'm just gonna relax and enjoy myself until I go back to college and chase my dreams as a performer <3.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
omg thats awesome =] are you gonna come to g6 monthly?
My only issue is that G6 goes into a Sunday (when I work. I attend all services at his church with the choir as part of the employment deal.). I'm going to speak with my boss about it. Luckily he is a fantastic man and I'm sure he won't have a problem with it.

This will be quite an adventure for me! It's about a 2 hour drive for me and involves me trusting my GPS like a boss. It will literally be the FIRST tournament I've ever driven to if I go. That being said, chances are high that I will go. The main things that would stop me from going are if somebody else in the family will be needing the car during the weekend and if there is some sick weather (I'm not coming up to get my butt kicked if I'mma slip on black ice, no sir).

So yes, chances are highly likely I'll be attending.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NICE! I havent seen you since i was like 13 lol. should be fun

but yeah make sure to update your GPS before you go (do new ones come pre-updated? idk). dont want to get stuck trying to go down roads that dont exist lol

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I know right? Me being at something, LOL.
Now what would be great is if I placed top 10
But really it's not such a big deal if I don't, I got my music job back here in SC to cover my butt.
That being said I actually don't even OWN brawl, haven't for months.
This will be fun. Lolz

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Fantastic. Yeah I still play Peach btw =D. Looking forward to playing that ROB irl, god it's gonna be great.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I think you misunderstood that. Melee campy IS BETTER but its harder to deal with brawl camping. Why? Because there is no way to deal with it in brawl. Whats worse? A campy melee falco or a campy brawl falco? The melee falco is campy at a much faster pace and is wayyyyy more annoying. But guess what? Theres powershielding in this game. Therefore its may be BETTER but we have ways to deal with it. DDD for ex cant deal with an extremly campy Falco.
In Brawl I plank Falcos with DDD

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You're.

The difference between Brawl campiness and Melee campiness is the effect.

Melee camps to find an opening to combo.

Brawl camps to time people out.

Top Bottom