• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Like I said, I can't do it alone...but if these smashfest become a consistent thing and turnout is above average (for SC), sure I might do it (with generous help) lol

I have an awesome place to play, quite spacious too

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I apologize as well.

I didn't host for two years. I hosted many times and I was always supportive of the hosts that come along.

And I suppose you'd have to know me like Snap,Crio and Omega to understand my comment initial while hostile wasn't really directed at anyone and more an admission of this state and it's inability to allow a real community to thrive.
Yeah, Pretty much this, Adam is Genius

But can also be brutally honest and Pessimistic.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Adam is a cool guy. I miss you man.

BTW, I agree with Austin. To care is beyond pointless. There are too few people, and too little skill.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Absolutely Criosphinx. And seriously all in all, it IS "Just a game". I know some people get offended by that because some people truly do take it very seriously to a point of insanity, but really all the time one could invest improving upon something as trivial at a video game could be used to improve upon something more valuable in one's life. Talents, self improvement, school, that sort of thing. However that's to assume that people who take video games seriously don't already do that, so if you already do then by all means ignore my rant ( I suppose I'm ranting from within about myself and hoping others who are in the same situation hear me out. Frankly I'm horrible at prioritizing myself in life. =<). Stressing over something like Smash isn't worth it. Even if you are good at the game, SO WHAT? Most won't care inside of the community, few will care outside of the community, and the money you could earn is probably going to be outdone by a normal minimum wage job at a local fast food restaurant. There are exceptions sure but I'm not making the exception the rule.

People don't normally get good because they focus on getting good. People get good because they HAVE FUN, and by having fun they NATURALLY get better because they are constantly DOING IT. In other words, becoming good at something should be a BY- PRODUCT OF YOUR COMPETITIVE PASSION FOR THIS GAME. If you're just playing a game to be good at it, where's the fun in that?

Love what you do, do what you love, and love mountain dew. **** I dunno. <3

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Kidd why are your posts always so good?

Honestly, at one point I wanted to go to more SC tournaments than NC. Dylan was nice to me at a tournament back in September 2009. He told me a little about the SC scene (Casanova's Marth is amazing). Plus I've never been to an MK banned tournament before.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Adam is a cool guy. I miss you man.

BTW, I agree with Austin. To care is beyond pointless. There are too few people, and too little skill.
I would say I should get some people to come to my apt to play on my even bigger and better 60 inch...but it has 1 flaw my 52 didn't. The Wii lags on it.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I would say I should get some people to come to my apt to play on my even bigger and better 60 inch...but it has 1 flaw my 52 didn't. The Wii lags on it.
I must challenge your signature by saying that stupid questions more often than not come from from ignorance rather than stupidity. Also lag sucks, sorry to hear your TV messes up on brawl =(.

I also must challenge your Snake one day again if we are to ever play again. Who knows? The future's wild. Gosh I don't think I've seen you since 2009.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Just in case people didn't hear me pages back, there is a Brawl scene, quite alive in kicking, of about 20- or so people that play at my college every weekend or so. Someone needs to come take these people's money. Their leader is actually quite good, though. Toon Link main if I recall.

and MK is not banned here so you'll have to suck it up and deal with it, not like anyone here who uses him is a threat, but still.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I must challenge your signature by saying that stupid questions more often than not come from from ignorance rather than stupidity. Also lag sucks, sorry to hear your TV messes up on brawl =(.

I also must challenge your Snake one day again if we are to ever play again. Who knows? The future's wild. Gosh I don't think I've seen you since 2009.
untill devin asked me to play smash last weekend i hadn't touch'd brawl in nearly a year.

So I'm not really a smasher of any degree anymore.

and DJ you don't even live here anymore, wtfs man.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Yeah, I still live above/a few doors down...the hell you talking about, as of now I couldn't move if I wanted to lol

I didn't know I could actually visit >_>

I bet your falcon still ***** though

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
untill devin asked me to play smash last weekend i hadn't touch'd brawl in nearly a year.

So I'm not really a smasher of any degree anymore.

and DJ you don't even live here anymore, wtfs man.
How is Devin doing by the way? Is he playing actively right now?

Lareit

Smash Ace
How is Devin doing by the way? Is he playing actively right now?
He wanted to get back into it. I laughed at him and called the past nostalgic and nothing more. He pushed it and had me come over to practice with him. He lost all drive shortly after an hour of playing.

So no, he's not playing.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Sniff sniff it's always a lil depressing when I look up here lol. But Shout outs to scha. I don't know if I'll be able to make your smashfest because of wal-mart. But I'll try. Everyone knows it will be a blast. Im also plannin on that G6 tournie. If anyone wants to ride with. I will more than gladly take them. Snap gave our tournies alot of out of state love.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I just spent a stupid amount of time working on Melee hacks. Again. Am I going to make this a job or something? Maybe I'll be as cool as Steelia one day.

ONE.
****ING.
DAY.

nah

Terrence we need to talk about that whole "ride to that tournament" thing ;D
RIMS ON THE RIDE GOT THESE BOYS UPSET.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Then I guess I'll have to change my statement.

Nobody in this state can beat Vince :D

and while I'm taking a dump on everyone's parades let me go ahead and say I played DKCR last night and it's nowhere near the game I love known as DKC2. I feel this could have been a lot better if Nintendo hadn't stuck their dumb ****ing head in and go "yeah... this is good... but a Wii game NEEDS MORE WAGGLE!" **** Nintendo, jesus, what a **** company they're becoming.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Meh, I say don't be so hard on them, it's not like your forced to play their games.

I enjoy **** like No More Heores and MadWorld, so in all reality, blame ****ing casual gamers everywhere >_> lawl Also DKCR isn't that bad...the motion control wasn't needed though, that is what a CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO is for

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I love peach.
I ****. (Well okay, not really).
I also get *****.
This game is fun.
So is typing like this.
Somebody play me sometime. <3

Top Bottom