• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yes I remember James : )

I'd love to play at any time, my number is 803-290-3756 btw. do you still have the same number?

I ran into someone at a Brawl tourney at CofC; he said he knew/played you. I didn't get his info though, he left before I could.

CFMR

Smash Cadet
yeah i still have the same number. i think i know who you're talking about, too. taller-than-me, skinny guy from california named cody. i've played him a few times.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Okay, if anyone wants to play Melee at any time I'm down.

If anyone wants to come I'll be setting up a smashfest at the "Lair" within the next few days.

I'm sure everyone in this thread is as bored as I am....or more pending on where you live.

Just putting that out there for anyone who is willing to just play.

EDIT: Don't ask me what the "Lair" is because I'll tell you in the post when I make it. lol

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
that reminds me of that "worst bathroom ever" with Marty and Xif... hmm... wonder if I can scrounge up that vid

yep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFDZbPcgbw

@ 313 of course you don't have beef with sakurai, he made brawl for people like you (discrimination!)
if I could I would seriously grab Sakurai and torture him for the nest nine years
the same nine years I spent addicted to his ****ing game
and THEN I'd get to the Brawl punishment
which is death.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Idk TRC I have nothing personal against the guy. I'm pretty sure if I got into Melee seriously I would understand where you're coming from. Whats not cool though is people trolling and make unnecessary threats but thats another issue for another time. As far as the article is concerned, it seemed very vague to me. What did he mean by sharp specifically?

One of the posters (a player from Louisiana named Raniji) posted something really amazing:
"
I think that Sakurai fails to realize that he actually had the perfect balance in Melee. Players that wanted a simple game saw it just as it was. They'd load up items and play on Hyrule, while there was a hidden depth that was essentially an entirely different game. Little Timmy could have fun with the kids on the block, and the more competitive players could find solace in the deeper mechanics. The only time that there was ever an issue was when the worlds collided when Little Timmy decided he wanted to go to a video game tournament.

Poor kid would get destroyed, and then would have the option of going back and playing the game as his friends played it, or he could take the long and arduous path of trying to learn how to achieve the technical aspects of the game. With Brawl, this was eliminated outside the few select elements. Fundamentally speaking, everyone plays Brawl the same way and with the same tools available to them once you strip away the items and the bizarre stages. Compared to Melee, where you had a game within a game. Competitively speaking, both games still have depth and merit just in different shades. Brawl was recently on the MLG circuit and has a thriving community that has countless tournaments across the world every week.

No matter what happens in either game, once you strip them down to their competitive core, the best player is going to win. While at the same time, each game is able to function as a party game once you throw in the items and crazy stages. I believe that's the beauty of the series which has demonstrated this duality since its first release. It would be a shame to see it drift even further from its nature of both a casual game and one filled with fierce competition. As long as Sakurai continues to provide the ability for players to alter the game with all the toggles [items, stages, random select, win conditions, handicaps, special modes] then the games will maintain their dynamic nature. I hope that he comes to terms that he doesn't need to limit the competitive aspects of the game, since the individual players will be completely competent in doing it themselves.
"

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I can't go to a place called the lair.

Too afraid of getting *****.

The last thing that happens in the Lair is ****...fortunately we don't have actual "gay" players, because that would be awkward....

By the way, I will have TvC at the smashfest for kicks and giggles...(and maybe Mario Kart for just plain ****ing fun)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
screw tvc. bring some MAHVEL.

mk is the **** tho. I used to **** kids online with my best friend because we would team up and always get 1st and 2nd. lol

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Twist, stop hating on TvC....just don't play it....

Purists >_> lol They can be silly sometimes <_<

EDIT: I'm decent at MK, but Goldeneye for the Wii is another story, I'm online now killin' em

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
mvc is the **** mane. just sayin.

im gettin goldeneye soon. someone stole my n64 copy. kinda pisses me off.

edit: and i aint no damn purist. i play a lot, i mean A LOT of fgs, but i cant play tvc for some reason. baroque and megacrash just...ughh....i hate it for some reason.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
mvc is the **** mane. just sayin.

im gettin goldeneye soon. someone stole my n64 copy. kinda pisses me off.

edit: and i aint no damn purist. i play a lot, i mean A LOT of fgs, but i cant play tvc for some reason. baroque and megacrash just...ughh....i hate it for some reason.
I understand, we all dislike something about a continuing series that changes directions...>_> ****ing Ape Escape for PS Move....******s at Sony >_> lol

Honestly, because of the change MvC 3 is making EVO2K will not drop MvC 2, they just won't....kinda like Brawl and Melee

-- Also, the last thing I doubt is your FG skills/knowledge

I'm debating on either buying Donkey Kong Country Returns or that new Goldeneye.
I have both and Kirby Epic Yarn.....AWESOME games!!! Get them all! :awesome:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
No K. Rool though :/

which meant absolutely no chance for Crocodile Cacophony
which made me **** my britches in anger :/
dunno, I'll have to try it first. I never liked using Donkey in the games, I always used Diddy in the first one. Depends on how the game feels. I've come to realize that's my big thing with games nowadays. I need really tight refined control over my character. Engine is important. Such as Melee v Brawl.

Which is why I don't like a lot of new games that much like Castlevania : Lords of Shadow and Star Wars Force Unleashed. They aren't bad games but I just don't feel right in them. Same as how I like Koei's "Warriors" games but don't particularly care for Sengoku Basara.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Sengoku Basara feels really rigid at times. Turning is like a nightmare, and the camera can be truly awful.

DKCR feels a little bit slidy, but it doesn't detract from the game. If anything, DKCR caters to faster playing through a stage, as opposed to the methodic platforming of the originals. It's different, but it feels so similar.

I really endorse DKCR.

Top Bottom