• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
@ SC "Brawl" community?

There is a... (get ready to laugh) "random character" brawl tournament being hosted on campus here in College of Charleston by Play N Trade. I'll probably go to see if I can convert people to Christia... I mean Melee.

Just figured I'll mention it.
this Friday at like 5
I will go win this tournament.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
they have brawl tourneys occasionally here, it's like $25 gift card prize, I might look up brawl strats and do the same

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
It was a start for the legalization.

A pebble falling into the river becomes a wave somewhere.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
will you teach me brawl so i can win those tournaments they put on in the russel house?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Update, PAY ATTENTION SC BRAWL COMMUNITY. WHATEVER'S LEFT OF YOU ANYWAY.

Lol. I played Melee at first. Alone. People were makin' fun of me. Sayin' stuff about how my game is full of glitches and whatever. I told them their game was easy. They argued it wasn't.

I got 2nd place, lol.
At a random character brawl tournament? come on step it up

number of entrants? over 20. maybe hit 30. Unsure.

Tourney was run terribly, to be honest. why run a free entry brawl tournament and a free entry Halo Reach tourney at the same time?

the guy who beat me (and, I found out, wins every tourney down here) is named Vince, goes by V. He is actually pretty darn good. I couldn't beat him. I was doing okay in friendlies with Meta Knight but we didn't get to finish our match.

I played someone who knows Crio, and we talked about him and reminisced about how cool he is :p
"You play like this guy I know"
"where does he live?"
"Fort Mill"
"what's his name?"
"Brandon Jones"
"Oh, Crio!"
xD

So yeah. V is good. Rest are pretty... casual. But still, there is a lot of people here. And they LIKE TO PLAY THE GAME. Apparently they get together about once a month and throw down. IF YOU PLAY BRAWL AND WANT TO MAKE SOME QUICK CASH AND HANG OUT WITH TRC, COME DOWN TO CHARLESTON WHEN ONE OF THESE EVENTS HAPPEN.

I did pretty well, especially since I hadn't played the game since... Uh... Since whenever I last played at Devin's house....... lol? I also got Cap Falcon twice against the champ who got Toon Link and Kirby and I was like :/ cause Cap... really... I mean... yeah.

Overall I had fun. A lot of pretty cool guys, a LOT OF POTENTIAL HERE for Brawl.

and, this may shock you

but I will probably start playing Brawl a little (even if it's casual) but don't expect me to be coming to any tournaments outside of this city or Columbia lol.

k, there is my little report. now time to sleeeep.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
The cool part is being housed by RC, obv

:p

I had fun. I mean, I still kinda............ hate the game, but man. this one dude was like "yah I play every day" and I was like "yo, haven't played in a year" and we're about to play, and I **** him, and he's like "......." ahdufhauh that just feels good. AHHH SCRUBS HOW I LOVE EM

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
yea i like beating the **** outta scrubs in barwl too. Its fun because they can never beat my snake and they say hes op. Ahhhh scrubs.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
i've literally played brawl ONCE and with some ranodom people playing it in the honors college. all the people i played with were floaty as hell.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
yeah i wasn't feeling the physics at all in thta ****. and i don't know anyone that has the game, but i'm willing to give it another go sometime and maybe give charlie a run for his money for that $25 lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
So weird. I wonder who it is who knew me at that tourney.

Did you happen to get their name / tag, Austin?

It's strange that they knew my full name, and my smash tag. That's rare, since you weren't in NC.

Top Bottom