• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
lol @ no disrespect, nice Omega

I dunno what I'm doing. my fall break is this coming weekend. and my gayburfdey (I'm gonna be 23? jesus christ...)
come smash with your columbia bros and get hammered (smashed if you will, oh how cunning I am. what is your current location charlie)

well I have a handlebar moustache so technically i'm older than you
you know who else used to have a mustache? my roommate John. just so you know the company that you are in.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
what happened to alex? It's starting to feel like it's just two people in columbia that play now

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I talked to Kidd about Tipped Off. I might be swinging by Greenville to pick him and Jeff up.

I already have to pass through Columbia. It's Sat-Sun, I don't know how long we'll be there or whatever, I am lenient on that. But if someone wants in they better say what up. Kevin already expressed interest.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
yo snap come to columbia and we'll get drunk as feck

does anyone get the feeling that one they've made some improvement in melee, the next time they play all that skill seems to desert them and they're much worse than last time they played? It's this kinda one-step-forward-two-steps-back shet that keeps me from being good, and why I hate melee

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
yo snap come to columbia and we'll get drunk as feck

does anyone get the feeling that one they've made some improvement in melee, the next time they play all that skill seems to desert them and they're much worse than last time they played? It's this kinda one-step-forward-two-steps-back shet that keeps me from being good, and why I hate melee
or, you know, the people yoou play with have gotten better?

wait.. no

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
No I know the feeling well. Sometimes you're on fire. Sometimes you suck. Inconsistency is a big part of people who are good at Melee but not good enough to be called pro. Like me :/

Like somedays my Fox be doing this mad technical reverse waveshine **** and I'm like wtf, I can't even do this alone at home. then some days it >B's off the edge over and over. meh.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
lol no offence josh but I don't think i'm really calling out your skill when I say your doc, a character who a) sucks and b) you don't even play shouldn't be beating my fox / marth
Goddarn, I wish I had the ability to gradually and permanently acquire new skills like human beings have taken like a million years to evolve to do
Maybe i'm some kind of higher order of being that has revoked mechanical skill in favour of a greater spiritual oneness with the fabric of reality, but looks like i'll be on my own with that one for the next hundred thousand years :-/

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Consistent practice reaps consistent skill gains. If ya don't use it, ya lose it. You'll find that if you can stick to a constant schedule of keeping yourself up that you will be far more solid. 6 days of labor, 1 day of rest. Why? You don't want the weeds to take over that garden you just worked so hard over.

I for one have a bad habit of not following this. I'll practice for a little while and get sharp, then I'll get lazy after I've gotten what I wanted, causing me to lose my skill again and be right back where I started.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
I mained Doc for about 4 years.

and probably is the character i'm most comfortable with. also take into account the fact that the Marth/Doc match you're thinking of was played on Mute City, which would almost never come up in an actual marth/doc matchup. as for Doc/Fox, I just know the matchup somewhat well and can do some silly things (read: cape) to fox to make it hard.

so don't be all down on yourself because you lost a couple games, it's not like i'm actually better than you or better than really anyone in this state

Purple

Hi guys!
I really do think drinking is overrated, but at the same time I don't drink so it would be hypocritical for me to say that..

So i'll just with drinking is bad m'kay?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Jeeze guys I just played some hack'd Melee. So beautiful and hilarious and fun. I'll bring it next time I come to Columbia.

Hopefully by then I'll have had my own music hacks down too :D

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ I need to buy an older Wii. Current one had to get sent in, Nintendo replaced the disc reader drive, so now it can't read anything hack'd. I'm starting to have withdrawals. );

Top Bottom