• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Sup thread! Where the **** have I been?
Well I'll tell you!
I recently got accepted into the Greenville Opera so I've been rehearsing with them! I'm going to be a cast member in May in "Barber of Seville" as Fiorello so it's going to be mad fun :). Additionally I've started private voice lessons with a man who's been in over 40 operas, P90X (SICK workout program, goes great w/ protein powder), been looking for a better job, Saving up for a DDR mat so I can pirate like a champ on Stepmania. Finally I've been working on my voice acting and improving myself in that aspect as well.

It's stuff like this that keeps pulling me in and out of the community.

I haven't been gaming much due to things like this but I realize that I miss it all so very much. Even when trying to go after everything in my life, smash is just very close to my heart and even though I'm 22, I can't help but want to play it again. So depending on how many people don't do tournaments on Sunday, I'd like to come back and I'm just going to main Mario in SSBM now lol. I don't care about winning tournaments anymore. Also I'll come back to brawl as Peach simply because I feel I have "unfinished business" with her, though is MK still not banned? *Shrugs* lmao

Anyways blah blah i'm trying to be more active blah blah i don't want to quit but life blah blah you've all heard it before.

Also wassup Charlie :)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Kidd, I respect your career choices and stuff. I wish I would spend more time writing and less time thinking about how sexy my Falco wants to be
I just need to be more balanced with myself, that's my problem. I try to hyperfocus on a couple aspects of my life and then I leave everything else out. I really shouldn't because that makes me a boring *** person lmfao. Like I'll drop career stuff and hyperfocus on smash, drop smash and hyperfocus on career etc. I just need to learn a thing or two about balance, but seeing as I've played broken games all my life that'll probably never happen (lmao jk)

I like your Falco. :)

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
hey 313 I know I've said this a few times but how about going back to NC or whatever and kindly shutting the **** up? :p just cause you can't rock it like SC do, with our ****ty school systems and our outward racism and biggotry stuff.

oh god.
The racism doesn't bother me that much. However, I do have several friends who go to SC slot and had racist experiences. ***** gay.

Also, melee sucks. The characters i really enjoy playing are trash. Bowser and Mewtwo are the characters I really enjoy. Let me know when a mewtwo or bowser player gets top 10 at any melee national on a consistent basis.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
nah you know it's true

Melee / soccer

• fast paced, flowing game
  • takes lots of control & skill to be good
  • is loved the world over

Brawl / american football

• stops every 20 seconds / stops whenever you try do something cool
  • takes being a massive black guy / camping to be good
  • widely ridiculed (apart from in the US lol)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
nah you know it's true

Melee / soccer

• fast paced, flowing game
  • takes lots of control & skill to be good
  • is loved the world over

Brawl / american football

• stops every 20 seconds / stops whenever you try do something cool
  • takes being a massive black guy / camping to be good
  • widely ridiculed (apart from in the US lol)
So true, <3 you lol

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If Bowser and Mewtwo were decent then I could get behind it. Melee's turning into Marvel in a sense were if you don't pick the higher tier characters you aren't going to win. Or at least come in top 10 at nationals.
axe got fifth at apex...

Taj gets top three at most AZ tournaments.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
roflmao Mantis but you prefer Brawl right pretty sure your community can't decide whether or not to ban a ****ing character LOL you want to talk about tier problems? wow.

charlie's comparison is bad ***

Snap your avatar is nice!

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
roflmao Mantis but you prefer Brawl right pretty sure your community can't decide whether or not to ban a ****ing character LOL you want to talk about tier problems? wow.

charlie's comparison is bad ***

Snap your avatar is nice!
Come on dude, leave mantis alone. It's not like he's flaming anyone here or trolling or any BS like that. people are entitled to their opinions.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
Come on dude, leave mantis alone. It's not like he's flaming anyone here or trolling or any BS like that. people are entitled to their opinions.

go in thread full of melee fans
support brawl
???
profit

also, i have a test tomorrow morning, why am i on smashboards so much? Oh yeah, cos i'm trying to study for a test tomorrow morning. balls.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
to be honest, as much as i bash brawl, i'd rather be playing that than discussing sassure's theory of structural linguistics and the flaws of the traditional signifier / signified dichotomy

actually, probably not

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Taj also plays Marth in most tournaments if mewtwo can't get the job done. Also, isn't Axe a pikachu player?
Besides everybody says melee jigglypuff = metaknight.
Jigglypuff isnt broken MK is. lol

people are johnning and dumb if they cant beat puff

If jiggs was as broken as MK half the community would be playing her the way the brawl community plays MK.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Jigglypuff isnt broken MK is. lol

people are johnning and dumb if they cant beat puff

If jiggs was as broken as MK half the community would be playing her the way the brawl community plays MK.
I have to agree with this. It's not the fact that the smash community can't beat puff really. It's the fact that the smash community can't beat MANGO. He really is just in his own league. The guy's been going around and beating people like Silent Spectre with MARIO. I mean what's going to happen now, Mario's going to become higher tier? Not to mention when he plays M2K with Puff M2K goes Marth/Fox which if I'm not mistaken are strong match ups against her, and he still struggles. Much love to you M2K if you namesearch yourself but you know it's true, Mango is legit.

And Mango (if he name searches to lol) if we ever play, I wanna Mario ditto you myself. I may not be nearly as good as you are but I'm not afraid of you, although I do highly respect you.
No I won't win, but I'll go in with a winning attitude...if that makes sense.

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
There is no argument here, the ONLY reason anyone would think a game with tripping is legitimate is because it's easy enough for them to play. Same reason SSF4 is popular. No one likes to work for their wins. except for we few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he that sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother, UPON THIS DAY!

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
very very tall leaps, and very very long bounds. haz anyone here played project melee btw? i really wanna try that game.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
there's more to it than that

Jigglypuff is a gay girly character who people laugh at unless they play Melee comp.
MK is a known bad *** with a sword, cape, mask. all bad *** stuff. he's a cool character.

thus, popular.
and he's fun to use, in a game full of FAILINGLY CRAPPY CHARACTERS.
Of COURSE there is a lot of MK users.

That's like playing some UFC Fight Game, and only one char, let us pretend Nightmare, was there and a sword, and everyone else had to use their fists. **** yeah they would pick Nightmare, what a bad-***!

Just don't forget the "cool" factor when thinking about comparing the two.
Plus, "cool" people generally play Melee anyway.
This is a stupid conversation, let's all play melee

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Also, melee sucks. The characters i really enjoy playing are trash. Bowser and Mewtwo are the characters I really enjoy. Let me know when a mewtwo or bowser player gets top 10 at any melee national on a consistent basis.
Also, barlw sucks. The characters i really enjoy playing are trash. Falcon and Ganon are the characters I really enjoy. Let me know when a falcon or ganon player gets top 10 at any barwl national on a consistent basis.

Now, do you see how ******** this arguement is?

You know I don't got a problem with you, but this was just plain stupid.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
blah blah blah
anyway.....

anyone want to play a bit of melee later?
a new player (sorry i forgot your name again) has emerged and Kidd's back ('sup) who is / was apparently good with falcon / mario so i am stoked for playing some SUPER SMASH BROS

josh where u at my mario is thirsty for DK blood

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Purple Mantis- Being good with a top tier will help you be good with a low tier. Why? Characters are just a set of tools. Once you get used to the most complex, sophisticated set of tools, learning a much simpler pair will be far easier. Take Mango's Mario, for example. Just relax and enjoy it :D

Coolklm- Project Melee? 0_o

Etwist- I completely agree with you, though I wonder how well Ally would do in a tournament if he went all Falcon. i wonder if we'd see a replica of what Mango is doing with Mario in Melee.

RC- F00k I miss hanging out w/ you :(

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Also, barlw sucks. The characters i really enjoy playing are trash. Falcon and Ganon are the characters I really enjoy. Let me know when a falcon or ganon player gets top 10 at any barwl national on a consistent basis.

Now, do you see how ******** this arguement is?

You know I don't got a problem with you, but this was just plain stupid.
Have you seen Ally's falcon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6Qj0b7ReM

now that was awesome

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Ally doesnt play all falcon in tournament. the only time he plays falcon is against wario because its a better matchup than wario vs snake.

Seriously its 70-30 falcon..

Love my main :/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Someone from Columbia (... Dill) should go drive to Roxy's Smashfest in Duluth. I'll drive to you and pay you gas $$, plus it's my birthday weekend so they'll be all kinds of gay stuff happening.

I mean... it's worth asking I guess >;o

Top Bottom