• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, that's always been an issue with Ice climbers. The only character that has me curious about this grab is Bowser due to being big and spiky. Charizard might be quite odd too, but I can imagine it somewhat.

First Ike, now Mario, whose the next poor soul to get violated by Snake.
One of the Princess'.:cool:

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I am extremely pleased that the nikita can be cancelled. I remember Falcon Punching my friend because he accidently hit ^B with ness and couldn't protect himself. I think Snake will be a pretty good character, which makes me happy because I planned on maining him every since his announcement. I really wish they would have allowed him to use guns, but he seems to have a fine moveset anyways.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Snake is awesome! Today's update was pure <3.

In my mind, there's only one option for his final smash.

If you've been following MGS4 trailers you'll see a scene where the Metal Gear REX from MGS returns, with a damaged radome from the fight with Grey Fox and Snake vs REX. Anyone who wants to see can find it here at around 4:18. Snake is piloting the REX and it appears he's getting ready to duke it out with Liquid who's piloting a RAY. REX has always stuck with me as the definitive metal gear, and it'd be cool if snake's final smash allowed him to pilot this partially damaged one since it has history behind it and he's obviously in possession of it currently.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
Snake is awesome! Today's update was pure <3.

In my mind, there's only one option for his final smash.

If you've been following MGS4 trailers you'll see a scene where the Metal Gear REX from MGS returns, with a damaged radome from the fight with Grey Fox and Snake vs REX. Anyone who wants to see can find it here at around 4:18. Snake is piloting the REX and it appears he's getting ready to duke it out with Liquid who's piloting a RAY. REX has always stuck with me as the definitive metal gear, and it'd be cool if snake's final smash allowed him to pilot this partially damaged one since it has history behind it and he's obviously in possession of it currently.
Interesting idea, but something from an earlier MGS game seems more likely. But that's just me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
IM SO FCKING HAPPY

This is way better than the crappy update from yesterday...

Ok so they changed his profile picture, GOOD, the other one looked simple, just standing looking at something else, this one seems fro fighter-ish, with the badass look and all...

His grab is by far the best looking grab EVER, I can wait no snap pikachus head off!

the music is awesome, hearing it over and over, I always loved MGS music and this ones lives up to all the rest, by far one of -if not THE- best music revealed so far...

the special moves are awesome, expected the grenade, the nikkitia took me off guard, its like samus missile ONLY WAY BETTER, the cypher is cool I guess, and I bet the mines are his D-tilt, since the RPG-to-the-ground from the 2nd trailer seems more D-smash-ish for its lag

overall love the update, a triple update plus they revealed what is a secret character, meaning once we get the veteran starters were bound to get newcomers some time after that!

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
This is without a doubt my new favorite pic. Take that Ike!

That pic makes me hope animal crossing characters are in brawl. at first I was against the idea but seeing all the ways to maul those little freaks has changed my mind. 50th post sweet!

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Interesting idea, but something from an earlier MGS game seems more likely. But that's just me.
That's what I like about it though, it IS from an earlier MGS game - The first one, to be exact. The REX from MGS4 is the same one from MGS1 - The one that killed Grey Fox and the same one you fought as the final boss. It even still has damage from that very boss fight. MGS4 just shows that the unit is still operable and is under snake's command now.

His FS could certainly be something else. But REX strikes me as the most meaningful. It's the first metal gear you ever encounter in the Solid Franchise, the boss of the first game, it killed Grey Fox, it's history is expanded upon in Snake Eater, and it reappears in MGS4. REX is also the reason RAYs were mass produced in MGS2. So it's been mentioned in every game in some form.

But whatever it ends up being, I'm sure it'll be awesome anyways. Unless it turns out to be some variation on that stupid skateboarding thing konami did >.>

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I may be looking too in on this but maybe he will have a slightly different grab depending on the character....cuz theres no way someone like Kirby will fit in his hands the way they are positioned there...and another extreme is Bowser....who had a bit of a size upgrade from what I've seen in some screens....c'mon....the spikes.........

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
While doing his grab...he may be able to drag people...maybe...it might work well.

Chepe

Smash Lord
One thing Im wondering is that if the moves from the second trailer can even be comfortably configured anymore by guessing...

The RPG he used on Pit is one of these cloudy ones now - is it a tilt? I doubt its Down B, I still think the box will be that (Dont forget, Mario is falling from using Up B in that screeny, so it aint no "entrance"). Down Smash and Up Smash seem to be shown in the special moves update, so down tilt seems to be the only thing now. I guess its not that odd since Samus has a similar down tilt...

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I hope he uses his CQC as his A moves and has minimal weapon use, because as cool as his weapons are, I'd still like his to be able to do his punch and kick moves like in MGS3.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but a lot of people from the first couple pages were talking about Snake using a jet-pack or doing backflips for a recovery move (up-b). His up-b is him holding on to his flying reconnaissance camera, Cypher.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but a lot of people from the first couple pages were talking about Snake using a jet-pack or doing backflips for a recovery move (up-b). His up-b is him holding on to his flying reconnaissance camera, Cypher.
People were speculating about his recovery on the first few pages because this thread began back in July of 2006, way before we got any of our current info.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Thanx Whiterob. I thought it was a new tread since the first part was the latest update off the Dojo, but after reading what you said, I went back and noticed that there were dates above each post. Sorry to anyone I may have offended, it wasn't my purpose. Also, I think the pick with Snake's grap on Ike is super funny.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Sons of Liberty. There are standard Cyphers, and Cyphers with guns mounted on them. I'm a bit sad he doesn't have a gun Cypher.

Still, the Cypher's aren't nearly as kickass as the hover-Segways from MGS3. Those things kick ***.

Top Bottom