• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
In. My. Opinion.

I feel that Ness has better aerials than Mario. Mario has a better ground game of course. Ness' ground game sets up for aerials e.c.t. Both have an uptilt juggle (But Mario's is better) IMO Ness has a better recovery too. (slightly)

Tourney results we're slightly better.
Don't know about matchups yet, but I think Ness has decent matchups. ( Mario too I suppose)

Maybe they are equal. Doesn't stop me from picking a favorite.

I suppose it's not nice, but whatever, high school is making me crazy.
If you don't know about match ups, why are you posting about how one's better than another?

It's one to post an opinion, another to be a whiny *****.

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California "Tag name: KS13
Tier Lists are a waste of time and effort

Tiers are nothing. That's what I believe.

I mean c'mon Link in Low Tier?
Teh! I say Link can beat Metaknight with Ease if you set your mind to it right.

Toonlink in Middle? Yeah right, I can kick any Top tiers with him.

Tiers are a waste, it should be taken down. It's useless and it brings a lot of people's hopes down too.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
just cause a char can beat top tiers doesnt mean that they are top........... most chars have the potential to beat every other char, but some are harder then others. tiers are real and do effect the game. doesnt mean they cant be broken if a player is good enough. link still is overall one of the worst chars in the game, regardless of how godly he is played by some people.

Frown

poekmon

Tiers are a waste, it should be taken down. It's useless and it brings a lot of people's hopes down too.
Welcome to the Smashboards.

Barge

All I want is a custom title

then ignore it

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that ROB made top tier because of his insane of the edge capabilities. His ability to use bairs, dairs, uairs, and fairs during his recovery and then continue with his recovery means that he can destroy other characters' recoveries.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Useless if no one explains anything
Ref said:
Okay Now normally you guys would just DI by holding away. Now I present to you Extra Inch DI.

What it does: It makes you move a bit further when breaking out of grabs.

Hold diagonally up and away on the joy stick, then whail on the C stick in the same direction, keep flicking the C stick.

Once that is done Ness will slide drastically further. Video will be up soon...

Ness will fall out of Marth's grab range. Marth can just dashing grab chain you, but that's not as effective.
Not useless. Far from it.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Freaking amazing find. Great job, Ref! I'll have to test this out myself when I get the chance. In the meantime, it's time for me to get some sleep.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Better tourney results. I come in because I dislike the board, simple enough. Matador your okay, and the others are cool too, but some of you drive me nuts.

And It's 55% of the stuff I say is correct. (get it right)
....wow

In. My. Opinion.

I feel that Ness has better aerials than Mario. Mario has a better ground game of course. Ness' ground game sets up for aerials e.c.t. Both have an uptilt juggle (But Mario's is better) IMO Ness has a better recovery too. (slightly)
Ness' aerials are better for scoring KOs but I don't see how else. They link into each other nicely but not as well as Mario can link his together. We can also SH our aerials better because they're faster and have less ending lag. We also have options with the cape for baiting out of shields and things of that nature. It's not like ours can't KO either; Bair, Nair, and reverse Uairs do so pretty well when needed.

And Ness is gimped so much easier than Mario. Why do you keep bringing this up?

Tourney results we're slightly better.
Don't know about matchups yet, but I think Ness has decent matchups. ( Mario too I suppose)
Get over yourself, both are piss poor compared to everyone in mid tier. This isn't a reason.

Ness has alot of grab release problems as well (I know...no infinites...still has issues) and isn't nearly as good at gimping as Mario. Besides that, there are just trade offs. Power for range, speed for power, things like that.

Maybe they are equal. Doesn't stop me from picking a favorite.
Fail.

You're supposed to remain objective.

I suppose it's not nice, but whatever, high school is making me crazy.
lol...high school...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I love ness, but I always side against him for some reason. I like a challenge of owning ness' bad matchups with him :p

So I agree with matador, though ness has better kill moves.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Also @ Andrew Carlson

I'm not saying Pit isn't a good character. But he isn't close as good as any other high tier charcter. There's no way he's in the same tier as Lucario or Donkey Kong
At this point, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. We'll see if Pit moves up or drops to Middle Tier. When it's the latter, I'll personally apologize for doubting you (and you can say "I told you so" all you want). :laugh:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Uhh, they link together fine. Double bairs, double uairs and double fairs
Again, why do you bring out gimpable recovery when his double jump covers 3 blocks? (Marios full recovery covers 4) It can be gimped, but not as easily as many people say, it's rarely used.

Piss poor is a bit harsh, more like slightly worse. I mean, I think they're better than Bowser...

It's irrevelent on how well his gimping capabilities are (they're OK) plus the new technique Ref found out eliminates some grab release problems.

Im 44, Im retaking Highschool, because I never got to finish it Okay?
Grade 11 is actually quite difficult.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah, he CG everyone and isn't afraid of MK.

(I didn't say he countered him don't hurt me!)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Uhh, they link together fine. Double bairs, double uairs and double fairs
They link together very well, just not as good as Mario's. This, and the fact that he combos from below where alot of characters are vulnerable (ROB, Marth), is what makes his aerial game so great. It's not a blowout, but Mario has the edge.

Again, why do you bring out gimpable recovery when his double jump covers 3 blocks? (Marios full recovery covers 4) It can be gimped, but not as easily as many people say, it's rarely used.
This kind of testing is so flawed. It doesn't even factor in autosnap or the fact that your opposition WILL try to gimp you; 2 areas where Mario excels in his recovery. Luigi covers a billion blocks more, but his recovery is so gimpable that it doesn't make a difference.

And even if PKT is rarely used for recovery, that doesn't mean he'll rarely be forced to use it. Sure, Ness' DJ pwns and its physics make his DJAD that much better, but once he's knocked out of it (which he will be) he's in big trouble just like Mario. The fact that Mario can defend his better than Ness makes up for this.

...'covers 3 blocks' he says...

Piss poor is a bit harsh, more like slightly worse. I mean, I think they're better than Bowser...
Then Bowser's in that boat too. We're all doing horribly in tourneys mainly because alot of people aren't getting out there to attend; myself included.

It's irrevelent on how well his gimping capabilities are (they're OK) plus the new technique Ref found out eliminates some grab release problems.
Wait....What?

One of the main reasons that MK's broken is because of how well he can gimp the entire cast...much like Mario can, just to a lesser extent. The main reason why Mario doesn't get wrecked by the spacies and is close to even with half of his matchups is because of this. You can't just take this out of the discussion because it's a huge part of his game.

And I said "no infinites...still has issues" specifically so that you wouldn't bring your discoveries up. It says plain as day in the youtube description that Marth can still dash and regrab him afterwards. That's a grab release issue. That's what I was referring to. Same deal with the other characters that can do this.

Im 44, Im retaking Highschool, because I never got to finish it Okay?
Grade 11 is actually quite difficult.
Well good for u (if ur serious). Much respect

Mmac

Smash Lord
Agreed. The stuff you can do out of it are 2 good.

Yoshi's is really good as well so I'm not really sure who comes out on top :ohwell:.

-:bowser:Bowser King
Well... Bowser can do Grab Release combos to more Characters (Almost every character except for DK and Yoshi. Yoshi can only do it to half the roster), but Yoshi is much easier to do, and can punish some characters like Falco and Snake very heavily from it.

Overall, I guess Bowser is better, but then again, those two are the only one with universal Grab Release tactics

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
bowser can ftilt/fair against almost every character in the game, and both have ko potential. yoshi can only chainspike a handful of characters, and the timing/spacing for it is fairly difficult. release to usmash is nice though.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
falcon is amazing if you guys can just stop sucking for 3 minutes.

Same as falco's lasers, jump, WAIT, then attack. -.-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mmac, Bowsers grab releases aren't hard to do at all, and vs Falco it's almost a 0 death (on FD you can just grab release + jab him unitl the edge and get a free fair)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Mmac, Bowsers grab releases aren't hard to do at all, and vs Falco it's almost a 0 death (on FD you can just grab release + jab him unitl the edge and get a free fair)
Yeah, well Yoshi Grab Release on Falco IS 0-Death, so there!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well... Bowser can do Grab Release combos to more Characters (Almost every character except for DK and Yoshi. Yoshi can only do it to half the roster), but Yoshi is much easier to do, and can punish some characters like Falco and Snake very heavily from it.

Overall, I guess Bowser is better, but then again, those two are the only one with universal Grab Release tactics

Bowsers grab release is fairly easy to pull of on almost every character. Yoshi's may be eaiser but being able to do it on more characters is a great trade off.

falcon is amazing if you guys can just stop sucking for 3 minutes.

Same as falco's lasers, jump, WAIT, then attack. -.-
Stop sucking for 3 min? Does that even make sense?

Falco's top tier so I don't see why your complaining >_>

@ Mmac....my ending is so much cooler then your blue yoshi ;) (how many of those do you have?)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far as tier list wise, I kind of think Kirby is under played in tourney's compare to King Dedede and Meta Knight. His grab combo's are very useful and great to rack up damage, also he has a great amount of dis-jointed hit boxes. =/

Off topic: My ending is the best, LIP FTW!!! ;p

Mmac

Smash Lord
@ Mmac....my ending is so much cooler then your blue yoshi ;) (how many of those do you have?)
As many as I want..... Wait, your non animated Bowser better?!?

MADNESS!!! I will not stand for this!

CYAN YOSHI ARMY, ATTACK!!!

kr3wman

Smash Master
No one wins cause post endings suck. But atleast it's better than leaving your name like Smooth Criminal and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom